• Published 25th Jun 2018
  • 808 Views, 2 Comments

(MLP-TEEN TITANS) We're Moving On. - DakariKingMykan



Twilight Sparkle is accidentally transported to Jump City

  • ...
62
 2
 808

Act 4: Accepting Acceptance

ACT FOUR

Beast Boy managed to make it through the night, but he didn’t really look too well rested mostly due to his depression.

“Hey, Beast Boy.” said Robin “You feeling okay?”

“I don’t know.” Beast Boy said in a tired voice. “Why was my room so clean this morning?

…Never mind. I’m too tired to think anyway.”

He got his usual piece of buttered toast and nothing else, and Twilight approached him. “Good morning, Beast Boy.” she frightened him and made him jump. “Whoa! It wasn’t a nightmare. I thought I got slammed by the door too hard.”

Twilight ignored all that, “Look… I know you and I still haven’t been properly introduced, so, let’s start at the beginning.

I’m Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I’m going to help you with your friendship problems.”

Beast Boy blinked once “Yeah… I’m going to go back to my room.”

“Beast Boy, don’t be rude.” said Robin, Twilight raised her hoof, having reminded him earlier that this would all be part of the process, and to take it gently.


Just as Beast Boy made it up the steps to exit the lounge… POOF!! Twilight appeared right in front of him, making him jump again, and fling his toast of his plate.

“Beast Boy, I know this is hard, but I want to help you and so do your friends.”

The others all agreed, and Starfire hovered up to him, “Beast Boy, we understand now of your troubles. It was most saddening how Terra did not wish to come back to us, and wished to change.”

Beast Boy blinked “Wait… How do you know all that?”

Twilight explained how she and the others looked into his dreams the other night, which no doubt made Beast Boy feel violated in privacy “I can’t believe you guys did that!”

“Sorry, man… we didn’t like it either.” said Cyborg “But you weren’t giving us much of a choice. You wouldn’t talk to us.”

“There was nothing to talk about. That’s why I didn’t tell you.” retorted Beast Boy “It was depressing enough, I didn’t want you guys to go through the same pain as I did.”

There was a moment of silence as everyone stared at him.

“You didn’t want to hurt us?” asked Raven.

Beast Boy nodded softly, “I knew you didn’t think Terra had returned, but if you did I felt you feel just like I did… or somewhat, but it’s not all that.

I didn’t want you to go looking for her and try to bring her back. She made it clear she doesn’t want to come back to us, or anything to do with what we once shared. She doesn’t need any more of that.”

Another moment of silence followed and Twilight approached him, “You sound… happy… that she’s moved on.”

Beast Boy clenched his fists trying to supress the depression taking him over again, “I AM happy for her… but I’m not happy for me.”

His mind began to trail back to all the wonderful times he had with her, “I had a real connection with someone for the first time; a girl who liked me just for who I was, and laughed at my jokes, and didn’t think I was annoying.

…I really thought… she was “The One.”

The others all felt deeply heart struck by what he had just said. It all made his depression and heartbreak more understanding.

“She even said I was the coolest guy she’d ever known, and then… she just… chucked me out like I meant nothing to her.

Pretty pathetic, huh…?”


The others, at first, didn’t know what to say, but Twilight walked up to him, “You’re not pathetic, just because someone dumped you.”

“She’s right…” said Cyborg “You gotta stop beatin’ yourself up like this.”

“Truly, Beast Boy, you have done many wondrous things.” added Starfire.

Robin and Raven nodded in agreement.

Beast Boy blinked once, unsure if he could believe them.

Robin then nodded over at Twilight, and she nodded back at him, and she magically transported Beast Boy onto her back. He wasn’t heavy for her at all.

“Hey! What are you doing?”

“Trust me.” said Twilight, and she teleported herself and Beast boy outside. “Whoa!” Beast Boy cried and held onto to Twilight by the neck, nearly choking her. “Please…!” Twilight begged “Can’t… breathe!”

He let go, but was still rather scared, “I’ve never actually rode a horse before, let alone a flying one.”

Twilight thought this odd, “But you turn into birds all the time.”

“Yeah, but then at least I have control of my flight.”

Twilight sighed, and used her magic to hold him steady so he wouldn’t fuss, and then she cast herself and Beast Boy in a magical sparkling aura before she flew off towards the city.

“Where are you taking me?” Beast Boy asked, “And what’s with all this sparkly stuff?”

Twilight didn’t answer and continued to fly.


The others all watched from the window, “Should we not go with them?” asked Starfire.

Robin shook his head, “Let her do her part first, then we’ll help in whatever way we can.”

Suddenly, the alarms sounded. Robin checked his communicator, and there was trouble happening at the Jump City Bridge.

“Shouldn’t we call Beast Boy?” Cyborg asked.

Much as Robin knew better, he felt it would be best to leave him and Twilight to their work, “We can always call him later if we need him.

Let’s go!”



The first place Twilight took Beast Boy was where that new office complex was being built; which forced many places to close up, like the candy shop where Beast Boy loved to get his peanut butter squares and jelly worms.

“Why have you brought me here?”

“The Titans and I talked early this morning, and they showed me a map of Jump City so I know just where to take you. We’re starting here.”

The construction crew was working hard to break up the old buildings and build the new one. They even passed a couple of men working on a high lift. They just flew right past them and the men acted like they weren’t even there.

“Why didn’t those dudes see us?” asked Beast Boy.

“Because I’ve cast an invisibility spell on us.” replied Twilight “The Titans agreed it’d be best if no one else in the city knew about me. With all the bad guys and enemies you guys have, I wouldn’t want them to learn about me and my magic.”

Beast Boy thought this was amazing, and he called out to the workers “HEY…!! YOU-HOO… OVER HERE!!” and the men didn’t respond at all.

Twilight bucked once to get him to knock it off, “Try to focus. I’m here to teach you something.”

“What would that be?”

Twilight chose her words carefully, “I know it feels hard to accept change sometimes. Believe me, I know how it feels.”

She went into a flashback of how she and Spike used to live at Golden Oak Library before she got her Friendship Castle “The library has been long since destroyed, and I still miss it to this day.”

Beast Boy felt sorry for her, and amazed she knew how it felt to lose things you loved, “But you got a huge castle now. Shouldn’t that be a good thing?”

“Yeah, it is.” replied Twilight “Believe me, I have no regrets, but I’m trying to tell you that it’s okay to miss the things you once had.

Just because things change, that doesn’t mean it’s bad. Sometimes it can be a good thing.”

She then flew off!

“WHOA!!” groaned Beast Boy “Warn me when you’re going to do that!”


Next Twilight flew higher above the city to show him a better view of it. “Just look how big this town of yours is.”

“Yeah, I’ve seen it… even from a higher point… so what?”

“So… the point is, what do you do for it?”

Beast Boy snuffed “Duh, I fight to protect it. It’s what a super hero does.”

“Exactly…! And if you didn’t protect it then who would?”

Beast Boy was suddenly starting to feel soft spark lighting deep within him, either for the very first time, or just coming back after being neglected.

Twilight felt she was making a connection, and then she flew down towards the park, and over the urban area, where they saw so many people just going about their daily lives without much of a care.

Beast Boy couldn’t help but snuff softly at them.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“They all look so happy. They don’t know what it’s like to fight bad guys the way I do, and they don’t understand the pain I have to put up with when I lose things.”

“That’s exactly what we just talked about.” said Twilight “These people can live their lives happily because of people like you, and the Titans fighting to protect them.”

Beast Boy shrugged, “Well, yeah… but still, we always do so much for them, and we hardly ever get rewarded for what we do. I know I don’t. All I ever got was laughed at and things were taken from me.”

“Oh, I see…” said Twilight “Sorry to sound like this, but I guess to you the simple satisfaction that you helped saved these people just isn’t enough?”

“No…! I mean yes… I mean!” Beast Boy held his aching head “I just wish sometimes I could be shown a little more appreciation, instead of none at all.”

Twilight wasn’t so sure she could help him with that.


Suddenly, Beast Boy’s communicator went off.

“Beast Boy! We need your help at the Jump City Bridge!” cried Robin “Get here as fast as you can!”

There was a big explosion forcing Robin to sign off, and Beast Boy could see this was serious.

“Can you take me there?”


Twilight nodded, “Hang on!” and they flew off towards the direction of the bridge.