• Published 25th Jun 2018
  • 1,632 Views, 13 Comments

MLP: A Lunar Twist - Night--Mist



Night Mist, is dropped into the world of Equestria. He is now to be under Luna's care. And, somehow, she was never Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
5
 13
 1,632

Magic's Complicated

The Princesses, Twilight and Night Mist were soon seated, and Night Mist's colt size certainly showed here, as a maid was requested to fetch him a booster seat to let him see the table at more comfortable eye level. The Princesses, and Twilight, all placed their orders for lunch, and it soon came to Night Mist. He had to think of something that was suitable for this realm of pony, and before worrying the chef, who was a mare, he politely, but timidly asked, "C-could I have some tomato soup, and a grilled cheese sandwich."

"Of course little prince. Would you like that with or without egg noodles dear?" The chef asked gently.

"Um, with please," Night Mist answered.

The chef soon made her way to the kitchen, and Night Mist could hear pans and pots clanging around, and her voice calling out to what he assumed were other chefs in her charge. "I see you like some of the simpler dishes. But you need not be afraid of asking for the more elegant cuisines dear. Our chefs make almost every dish you can think of taste as if you were grazing in the Elysian Fields," Luna boasted.

"Bold statement sister. But I will admit, they are very masterful in their work," Celestia admitted.

"So how long is little Night Mist's stay here your highnesses? I don't mean to pry, but I am too curious. It's the first time I have seen a bat pony variation of an alicorn," Twilight innocently stated.

"Well, that's something we are trying to figure out. You see, he has no parents or relatives that were looking after him. And we sent some of our guards to ask if Canterlot Orphanage Center, and The Canterlot Pony Records Keepers to see if they can find any documents to state Night Mist's situation as of current. See which Orphanage he may have teleported from. Sadly we haven't heard back yet from either source. Night Mist says he's never been to an orphanage either, but we just want to be sure on both counts, since young pony minds can forget some things at times," Luna informed.

"Oh my. I had no idea. What will happen to him once you have all the facts for Night Mist's situation?" Twilight inquired.

"Well, I know this may sound a quite rushed, but, if the facts do point to him being orphaned, I want to adopt him. I understand some already see him as a prince, so, to keep their minds away from confusion of how an alicorn isn't royalty, I'll make him a prince of the night. Plus, there aren't any bat pony families in Canterlot that I am aware of that would even be remotely equipped for being his parents. And there's the argument of the nobles. While some are the shining example of what a noble should be, I feel that if word got out that Night Mist went to an adoption center, and we, the princesses, haven't adopted him, they may use adopting him themselves for their own personal advantages. I understand paperwork will need to be signed before it's completely official, but if we do find that Night Mist has no parents or relatives to take him under their wing, no pun intended, then I will be looking after him," Luna stated with firmness and determination.

This was all happening so fast. Night Mist hadn't even been here a full day, and "the" Princess of the Night was wanting to make me her son. He wasn't unsure what to think. He couldn't think of any reason to tell her not to adopt him, but he was no one, in a manner of speaking. Facts are, no records would be found of him, to his extent of knowledge. Somehow his mind told him didn't exist in Equestria til, maybe, 20 minutes ago. As far as he was aware, was a blank slate. Luna could easily just claim him as her son, and didn't mention Night Mist's existence til now, because of his form, the fear he would be ridiculed for his appearance. Then again, he felt very sure Luna wasn't afraid of any paparazzi, with what she has to deal with in the dream realm, which he had no idea how he knew about that, so maybe that fib his head conjured up would probably be too far a stretch.

As he was thinking about this whole adoption process, Luna's wing wrapped around him, as the dining room door flew open. This was a motherly side of Luna he hadn't witnessed before. He looked up at her, and her face was one what he would see on a mother protecting her charge. That was a sign, someone made her feel threatened. But who?

His answer soon came, as he heard a very familiar voice bellow, "Is it true?! You are letting an outsider pony you know nothing about, not only dine in our halls, but ride on your back?! Aunt Luna?! Have you no self-respect?!"

"BLUEBLOOD!!!" I heard Celestia's voice go to Canterlot voice levels, making Night Mist cover his ears.

"Aunt Celestia. My word, there was no need for that volume. But you have my attention," Blueblood spat.

Night Mist hears Celestia clear her throat, "My dear nephew. It would be in your best interests to get all the facts, before you barge in here like you're on the war path. It would also be considerate of you to show a little more support of the young one's situation."

Luna interjected before Blueblood could get a word in saying, "Little Night Mist here had a terrifying fall. A bat pony alicorn his age isn't equipped to hone his flying skills yet."

"B-Bat pony alicorn?" Blueblood stuttered.

"Indeed. And he is also quite timid, very hungry and very tired, so you'll have to tone down your voice should you wish to speak further. Is that clear?" Luna inquired, holding back a chuckle at her nephew's reaction.

Blueblood seemed to be at a loss for words. As Night Mist peered through Luna's feathers, he saw Blueblood's face, and was trying to hold back his own laughter. "Um, Princess Luna, I think you may have broken Prince Blueblood," Twilight teased.

Luna removed her wing, and Night Mist saw Blueblood clearer, and waved a hoof in front of him. He didn't flinch a bit. Yeah, he was seriously dazed by the surprise of information. After about a minute, he finally came back to his senses. "My apologies, young one. I shall strive to gather all information before taking drastic actions," Blueblood apologized.

"And to be more respectful," Celestia added.

"Right," Blueblood bowed before turning to leave.

As the doors shut behind him, Celestia sighed, "That nephew will be the death of me yet."

"Well, I don't know about death, but have you sick in bed wouldn't be too far a stretch," Luna joked.

The three mares giggled, and Night Mist snickered a bit himself at the humor. He then heard the chef from before say, "Lunch is served."

They soon brought out our dishes we ordered. Celestia and Luna had at least five platters of dishes in front of them. 'Sweet genius, how much can they eat and keep their figure?' Night Mist thought.

Night Mist's bowl was a reasonable size, and the sandwiches weren't giant, but certainly larger then he had anticipated. And Twilight Sparkle, she had one platter, which he felt was reasonable, since she was a full grown mare.... he thought. And Spike had his own plate of food, along with gems. Somehow, Night Mist felt that that was to be expected of the dragon, but wasn't sure why.

Night Mist started to see all the mares use their magic to levitate a soon or fork into their auras, and of course Spike having claws had no trouble with his using the silverware. Well, he had hooves, so the concept of grasping the silverware was a far stretch. He had seen other ponies do it..... somehow, but their legs were bigger than his. At his age, he didn't think grabbing the silverware with hooves would be possible. So, knowing he had a horn of his own, he supposed he should try his luck. He felt a surge of energy coming from the top of his head. He figured that must be the magic on his horn, and he also saw the aura on his spoon. It was sky blue, compared to Luna's navy blue. He tried to levitate it, but instead, the spoon turned into a stick. He tried again, it bent into weird directions he didn't know were possible. He tried again, and it sprouted legs and arms, and began to dance. "This is trickier than I thought. That's what I get for assuming I could use my magic properly right off the bat," Night Mist thought to myself as he facehoofed himself.

Night Mist could hear the princesses and Twilight chuckling and Spike bursting out with laughter. He felt the laughter was more towards the little dance show the stick was making, than it was towards his magic mishaps. He then saw Luna's navy aura surround the stick and it transformed back into a lifeless spoon. "It's alright Nighty. You're very young, and many unicorns your age aren't even at the level of talent you are. While you may have had a very humorous result with your magic display, most just result in making inanimate objects break apart. That was actually quite impressive. I can understand that you want to use magic with your silverware, but perhaps it's best if I helped. I can tell your hooves are tad too young to handle silverware as well," Luna suggested.

Well, this was turning out to be a fun day. First He fall into the throne room, than Luna makes the bold decision she'll adopt him soon, and now he will have to be fed like a toddler. Well, he supposed he is one, so he supposed it makes sense. Either way, Luna started to help him with having his meal, while also multitasking with having her own meal. It kind of made things look normal to an extent. But Night Mist still felt embarrassed he couldn't feed himself. As lunch started to end, he could feel his eyes getting heavy. Luna noticed and insisted, "Well, it would appear that a certain little pony needs his sleep. I hope you don't mind if we excuse ourselves sister."

"Not at all, the tiny colt's had an eventful day, so I don't blame him for wanting to get his rest. And of course, you should rest as well sister, if you are to watch him, and ponies dreams tonight after raising the moon," Celestia agreed.

As soon as Luna's levitation placed Night Mist on her back, he was out like a light. Kid energy. They can be hyperactive one split moment, the next, they're out of fuel.

Author's Note:

Chapter two redone. Hope you all enjoy. Not much changed, aside from taking out the parts that he was aware of who and what he was before, and that Certain traits about ponies felt familiar, but he couldn't explain why he had the familiarity.

Anyways,

Comments ( 2 )

9006510
Ok. I'll just see it as a 'I've seen weirder stuff moment'

How many stories do you have going now?

Login or register to comment