• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 2,834 Views, 50 Comments

Thick Scales, Warm Heart - Freeda91



As the dragons invade Ponyville, will Spike accept their invitation to rule over Equestria?

  • ...
1
 50
 2,834

The Horned Skull

The Horned Skull

Clearing the smoke was both a good and a bad thing. Naturally, they needed clean air to breath and see; on the other hand, Rainbow wished she had never lifted the smoke so she wouldn’t see her friends gone. Not only Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, but every pony that was part of their resistance was gone. Having failed at protecting her friends once again, she lay on the floor defeated; it was unnatural to see her that down, at least for Twilight and Applejack, who always thought of her to be in high spirits all the time.

She had a really good reason to feel that way though. The other two ponies realized so as soon as they noticed the same Rainbow did; the disappearance of everypony. All that was left of their resistance was the injured ponies taking shelter in the security room, and a mighty manticore that’d hopefully help them protect them. As for the castle, it had mostly fallen into ruins; the ceiling was barely holding as well as some columns. Regarding for the windows, they no longer existed; there was just the empty space where the crystals used to be. If it wasn’t because the big dragon left or at least stopped attacking the structure, the castle would have succumbed.

Applejack helped Rainbow Dash get up by offering her hoof. Accepting her friend’s assistance, the rainbow manned pegasus stood up once more and tried as hard as she could to smile, and feel energetic again. She was willing to chase the dragons to the end of the world to recover her friends If she could; which obviously wasn’t the case for two reasons: Twilight would turn her into a turtle if she tried to do so; and the reason of the previous, she’d become a toasted rainbow if she faced them just like that.

“You were right Applejack” Twilight commented. The blonde pony looked at her and was prepared to be informed on what she was right about “About the dragons taking ponies prisoners”.

“Oh, that.” Applejack understood “It’s true; except for the manticore, no dragon used fire whatsoever. It seems that Spike’s orders are being followed.”

“Wait, so you mean that Spike is really forcing dragons not to kill?” Rainbow Dash asked “Is he actually on our side?” She formed a little smile on her face when saying so, which a moment soon turned into a deeply confused expression.

“I don’t think so, because now that I think about it” Twilight began “it would be the king who doesn’t want ponies dead. Spike can’t just order something like that without his permission”.

“Are you kidding me?” Rainbow Dash ruffled “He wanted to kill us from the very first time he saw us!”

“Until Spike told him about the elements!” Applejack remembered. Both Twilight and Rainbow Dash kept silent for Applejack to continue “Spike told him that being the wielders of the elements we should be kept prisoners so that our element ownership doesn’t pass on to another pony. What the hay did he mean by that Twilight?” Applejack asked a bit confused.

“Well, to tell you the truth I didn’t fully read the book about the elements of harmony; so I wouldn’t know if it is true or not.” Twilight answered lowering her ear in shame; it was embarrassing in her opinion not to have read such an important book completely. She just lost interest after defeating Nightmare Moon.

“Wait a second here, Twilight” Rainbow Dash said. She wanted to ask Twilight two questions; one would be something like ‘there’s a book you haven’t finished yet?’ which was more a mock than a question. But she gave priority to the second question in her mind: “if this turns out to be true, it is possible for us to find a new element of generosity wielder and defeat the king?”

Twilight gave it some thought “Maybe”.

“Then what are we waiting for?” Rainbow Dash jumped and yelled not waiting for Twilight’s opinion “Let’s get to the library already! If we play our cards right, we might also come across where Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are!”

“Well… it is better than staying here where dragons can find us” Twilight considered. “But we’ve got to be extremely careful so they don’t spot us.”

“Twilight, please.” Rainbow Dash said showing off “I infiltrated a very well-guarded hospital without even using my wings, remember?”

“What Ah do remember is you waking up all Ponyville when running away from those guards” Applejack pointed out. Both Twilight and she laughed at the expense of Rainbow Dash, who would simply shut up and leave no comment whatsoever. “Ah’m sorry sugarcube” Applejack apologized still chuckling a little “but you asked for it.”

“Yeah, whatever” Rainbow replied blushing in embarrassment. Not only she wanted to hurry and save their friends, but she wanted to change the topic as soon as possible. “let’s just go.”

“Can we trust you to protect these ponies?” Applejack asked the manticore. She was actually surprised when she saw it nodding in response; she thought it wouldn’t understand her. It’s not like she was Fluttershy and had the ability to communicate with almost any creature. Hearing her friends calling for her, Applejack got out of her trance and followed behind them, soon catching up with them.

On their way to the underground tunnel they happened to encounter the full-grown dragon that had attacked the castle’s structure back before the dragons came inside. They would have panicked, if it wasn’t for it being asleep. The mighty brown beast was laying in what seemed a very uncomfortable way on the castle’s roof, which was resistant enough not to fall down. Twilight would need to remember that it was the full-grown dragons weakness: their tiredness. They must have been up for weeks, and would soon enter their one-hundred-years sleep, or well a unicorn could easily perform a spell to make them fall asleep in that condition.

They ignored it and went inside the bad smelling tunnel through the sewers. Having a couple of minutes before getting to the exit closest to the library, Twilight used them to think on recent things while Applejack and Rainbow Dash argued about Rainbow’s hospital infiltration. They would have made a competition while they were at it, like a race to the library through the tunnels; but they needed Twilight’s magic to lighten the place, or they get more lost than Derpy fetching birds on Winter Wrap Up.

Was it really possible to replace Rarity with somepony else to be the element of generosity? Rainbow Dash’s suggestion was indeed a very intriguing subject for Twilight; if the elements of harmony really passed on to other ponies after the wielder’s decease, then they should focus all their efforts into finding that new element holder. Then again, when Nightmare Moon was sent to the Moon, and thus Celestia and Luna losing their bond to the elements of harmony, these simply passed on to Twilight and the rest; the elements did change holders in this case, only both lost their attachment to them. On the other hand, Twilight couldn’t only think about Celestia and Luna’s relationship; she needed to go even further back in time. The elements of harmony had always existed; they originally belonged to the founders of Equestria. Even before they had gotten to the library, Twilight already knew that the elements did pass on through generations; only she didn’t exactly know under what conditions. Could just one member be raplaced? Or they’d completely lose their bond with their elements?


Having exited safely into a dark corner of the street, they realized how unlucky they were not to have their dragon costume with them; sure Spike would recognize it, but it would have helped them get through the streets more easily. Anyhow, being as careful as possible and with the help of the dark atmosphere of the night and smoke covered sky, they managed to arrive at the library undiscovered by hiding on every corner they found and making close to no sound whatsoever. The Golden Oaks Library was just in front of them, and fortunately, there was no dragon around they should be aware of.

“I’m glad you two stopped fighting on the way here, they could have heard you and we’d be done for.” Twilight whispered while heading to the library’s door. Although she expected Rainbow Dash or Applejack, but specially Rainbow Dash, to defend, it was not the case; as they were too busy being careful unlike Twilight. Before getting to open the library’s door, the lavender coated unicorn felt the grip of a rope on her tail; soon to that, she was pulled back sharply and fell on the ground, only to be dragged into a bush and next to her friends.

“What’d you do that for?” Twilight complained in a dangerously loud whisper as she got up on her hooves “It hurt”

“Ah’m sorry sugar cube, but while you were so hurried to get in you didn’t notice something” Applejack explained by pointing to the window. Twilight understood as soon as she saw it: the lights were on. Applejack had just saved her from entering in a rush and getting ambushed by whoever was inside.

Despite the possibility that it could be a trap specially designed for her, Twilight still wanted to take a peer so she’d at least know who was touching her precious books. Perhaps she’d be lucky and no one was there, perhaps there was a pony. But most importantly, they needed to find that book.

“Rainbow Dash, can you get us hidden between the tree’s branches?” the unicorn asked her friend. In order to see who it was inside she’d need a better point of view, as well as being hidden in case some dragon came by.

“No problem” Rainbow Dash replied, and began by holding Twilight from her hooves and lifting her in the air for that she could drop her softly in the thick leaves covered branches of the tree. “It sure has grown messy since we left, hasn’t it?”

Upon bringing Applejack up too, the three ponies now had the perfect viewing angle needed for spying. Carefully and slowly, Twilight used her magic to slide the curtain to a side and allow the full view of the room. What the curtain revealed was not too much of a surprise; other than the couple of dragons that were playing with Twilight’s bed and doing a book fight by throwing books at each other, which bothered Twilight a lot, there was Spike reading a book that seemed familiar to the unicorn, though she couldn’t get any single clue on which one it was from her position.

The unicorn was intrigued by Spike reading a book; she knew he used to read a lot just like her, but being the enemy he had some sort of seriousness on his face when concentrating on the pages of those dusty books unlike the happy times, when Spike would feel forced to focus with such intensity into reading a book; he’d rather do chores that required more activity. At some point, Spike’s concentration broke when one of the books the other dragons- Chomp and Ace- where throwing at each other, hit him on the head. The laughs of the dragons turned into complete silence as Spike got up from his chair and magically lifted the book that hit him before looking at the two scared dragons with a frown. The book was indeed levitating due to a magic act; covered by an emerald green glowing aura.

“I’m in a good mood tonight” Spike calmed himself down and began to reorder the books that had been used as toys by magically placing them in the correct shelves “But could you guys please cut it out? I’m trying to study”

Twilight was awe-struck; she had actually seen Spike lift those books with magic! The stories turned out to be true, and like White, Spike received those abilities from the unicorn that hatched him; in this case Twilight of course. Rainbow Dash and Applejack shared a similar feeling with Twilight; only for they didn’t know anything about magic, they couldn’t say much.

“And clean this mess up!” Spike ordered furiously “I didn’t allow you to skip tomorrow’s invasion for free.”

“Y-yes boss” Both Dragons instantly replied and carried on with their labor of tidying every corner of the library. Using their tails as brooms was very useful for this, and his wings help them get to places Spike had never been able to.

Twilight, Applejack and Rainbow Dash all gasped silently when they heard Spike. There was going to be an invasion the next day?! Where was what they needed to hear if so. Anyhow, they were only three ponies, so stopping it was out of their control; all they could do right now was rescuing their friends. There was a bright side to his however; since most dragons would be off in the invasion to wherever they were going, most likely Canterlot, Ponyville would be under protected and that’d give them the perfect opportunity to rescue their friends and take their home back. But they needed to at least have something planned, so they could take advantage of every single minute of the dragons’ absence.

The library’s door suddenly let open by a white magic aura, to let inside King White himself. Spike made a reverence as soon as he saw him; Chomp and Ace took some more time to take notice of his presence and in a shock of surprise they jumped back, only to knock down a pile of books Spike had been organizing, which made the small dragon frown even deeper at them. Finally the dragons made a reverence that ended up in them falling to the floor by Spike’s magic. The two of them understood his anger and quickly reordered the books in the best way they could.

Spike once again turned to face the king, who for Spike’s and the ponies’ surprise, was carrying with his magic aura nopony else than Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. Spike looked in confusion at his mentor, while Twilight, Rainbow and Applejack gasped silently once again, only with more shocking expressions. So lucky to find them, so unlucky they were with him.

“My faithful student” White began “Since it looks like Garble hasn’t informed you yet, today’s hunt has proven to be a success and we happened to capture over 40 ponies. And if my memory doesn’t fail, these two were some of the elements of harmony” He said pointing to said ponies “Could you please confirm my thoughts?” He asked way too nicely for Spike’s comfort. He hadn’t got used to his master being that nice yet since the first times he had been really strict; but it was thanks to that that he actually managed to pull off all the magic tricks he had learned that month.

“You’ve gotten it all right my king” Spike replied back with the same style of speech as his mentor “Allow me to introduce you to Pinkie Pie, element of Laughter…” He said pointing to the pink coated pony, who waved her hoof at the white dragon friendly “…and Fluttershy, element of Kindness.” Fluttershy was scared to death; curled into a ball and covering her eyes from everything and wishing she could cover her ears as well. Maybe if she had been born a tree that wouldn’t have been a problem.

“Excellent!” a big happy and completely unexpected smile formed on White’s face; not once had Spike seen him this happy. “That takes two elements off the list! And just in time for tomorrow’s attack.”

“Let me guess, I’m in charge of security, am I?” Spike asked the king in a somewhat depressed expression.

“You very well know why you cannot come, Spike.” White answered back placing his hand on the little dragon’s shoulder “You’re a baby dragon. You don’t have wings for quick movement, and even though you have magic like me, you’re still in training. It’s just too risky to send you into the battlefield.”

“It’s unfair” Spike complained “I set up most of the organization for tomorrow!”

“And you did a magnificent job; and that’s exactly why you deserve this, let’s call it break. Chomp and Ace, and Garble for not showing up in time to give you the news, will be staying here with you as well; so you don’t have to be alone.” The white dragon said looking at the two dragons doing their best effort to arrange the books alphabetically and failing miserably.

“It sounds more like a punishment to me” Spike commented, causing Pinkie Pie and White to chuckle, once again something quite unusual for Spike.

“Come on, Spike” White cheered the small dragon up by patting him on his back “you won’t even need to do any work at all! What could three ponies…”

“And a manticore” Pinkie Pie cut off. White’s usual frown returned once again and stared at the pink pony. Pinkie shut up and White went on.

“What could three ponies… and a manticore do?” finished White rolling his eyes.

Spike didn’t answer; he took for granted that it was a rhetorical question. Instead, he grabbed a different book from the pile he had specially arranged and opened it on a marked page. He wanted to resume his reading since White had nothing else of importance to tell him; and if so, he could still read anyway.

“That’ rude Spike” White frowned “But I’m leaving, so it doesn’t really matter”

White was about to leave, already opening the door with his magic, when the door opened in an out of his control move. Surprisingly for the king, Garble was the one showing up so late; this was the reason White glared so deeply. Garble knew he had committed a big mistake, and even though he’d have preferred to leave, he decided to face whatever punishment the king would give him; after all if he fled, it could only worsen it.

“What is your excuse for failing to deliver the notice I sent you to?” White asked the red dragon, not taking his stare out of him, making the dragon feel indescribably uncomfortable.

“Well…” Garble defended himself taking something out of a bag. Spike, and the ponies looked in shock as the dragon took out a skull with what obviously was a horn; in other words, a unicorn’s skull, with heavy burn marks on it… “Spike once asked me to find any remain of the body of the pony he burned our first night here. And today I found this between the ruins of the house he destroyed when doing so.”

“Your highness, please excuse him” Spike said “He is telling the truth”

“And why would you want this trash?” White asked raising an eyebrow.

Spike took the skull out of Garble’s hands with his magic and dropped it on his desk “Because It is a trophy for me. Besides, I was really fond of that pony.” He tried his best not to blush when saying this, and incredibly he hid it.

Meanwhile, the three ponies eavesdropping at the window and the two captured ones shared the same expression: anger and sadness. It had been confirmed, Spike killed Rarity; and one of the dragons found the body. Even though they had already gotten over their friend’s loss, they couldn’t help crying at least a little. Rainbow Dash, unlike the others, gritted her teeth in an instinctive act showing her anger off; she’d have rushed inside and unleash her anger at the dragons, especially Spike. It was a really strange feeling, seeing one of your friends with anger enough to kill the bastard; and for Rainbow Dash he very well deserved it. She wasn’t stupid though; revealing themselves would blow their last chance to save their friends.

Applejack couldn’t believe what was happening, and once again felt invaded by the thought, or even better, wish, that it was all a dream or illusion caused by Discord. She couldn’t face the truth about this, and would have preferred it was all a lie; any reality but this one would be great for her. Too bad a lie is the illusion itself that covers the absolute and inevitable truth that hunted her soul. Next time she had the opportunity to face Spike, she was sure she’d buck the soul out of that lizard.

Twilight was in the worst possible mental situation. With all the things that were in her mind, now this had to take all her attention? If it wasn’t enough with worrying about the captured and even the free ponies, her missing owl, and thinking as hard as she could to conceive a plan to help all the previous, now only terrible feelings would poison her heart. At first she was confused, being both proud for being the one who hatched such a powerful dragon, and scared because of his affiliate. Now the pride vanished, and was replaced by a cold hate; instead of being proud of herself she felt embarrassed for having raised Spike. She should have never even entered the magic school; resigning to her dreams was incomparable to prevent losing her friends in that way.

Twilight didn’t notice until it was already too late, but the anger taking over her heart was focusing in her horn. Without knowing she was accumulating magic enough to blow the whole library up! This didn’t occur though, but what did happen was the branch she was standing on breaking due to pressure and making her and Applejack fall. The loud thump of them hitting the ground caused what they were trying to avoid: the dragons found out their presence.

Twilight hurried in getting up and run the hay out of there. Unfortunately, by the time she managed to recover from her fall, White was already in front of her with a sadist smile set on the standing unicorn, and with a glance he spot Applejack and Rainbow Dash; the other two missing ones. Everything was blown now. The only chance they had of rescuing their friends when the dragons were absent was not a possibility since they’d most probably get captured by the powerful dragon’s magic. Twilight could only think of one thing that could help them, teleporting away; though they were too far away from her to teleport all at once. So what was the next best thing? Creating three really small force fields around her friends; that way his magic wouldn’t work on them.

“Why, I detect some all-consuming anger in you” White could tell just by looking at the unicorn’s face; she was practically growling. “Also I can see you have been spying and you know about tomorrow” The king correctly assumed.

“What a surprise to see you, Twilight” Spike ironically said, glaring at the unicorn “It has been a while, hasn’t it?”

Twilight’s growl was now sounding like a roar; her anger multiplying by each second she saw the purple dragon. King White was invisible to her now, all she could see red was Spike. But what could she do, if she dispelled her barriers her friends would be caught; and they couldn’t flee either, who knew how long could Twilight keep her spell up.

“You will get tired of this sometime” Spike pointed out.

“Oh no” Twilight finally spoke up “I can go on with it all night long”

Spike noticed Twilight’s, Applejack’s, and Rainbow’s angry expressions, and realized they must be wishing for a chance to beat him up; that gave the small dragon an idea. He turned to White and signaled him to come closer so he could whisper to him. As he did, Spike told him his idea; the king beamed.

“What do you say about this, ponies?” White began, trying to sound as kind as possible to make them trust “We reckon you want a piece of Spike” he pointed said dragon “So why don’t we make a bet?” White was smiling in what looked like an evil way; nothing the dragon said could be thought as friendly. What was his aim?

“A bet?” Twilight sounded interested.

“That’s right” White replied and then explained “If you manage to defeat Spike, I’ll give the five of you freedom.” He said levitating the two captured ponies closer to him. “And if you lose…well, you definitely lose.” He was now on a serious look which somehow was more reassuring that his smiling.

Perhaps it was because of her high levels of anger corrupting her thinking, or the fact that she couldn’t really think of any other way out; but mostly her wanting revenge. Even though she had full knowledge that this dragon was under no condition, of trust, she accepted. “Deal” she yelled furiously. Her two friends were almost as pumped up as Twilight was.

“Well then, here’s the rules” Spike explained “Twilight, since you have some strong magic, you get to fight last. Applejack and Rainbow Dash, you can come at me at the same time; though I should blindfold myself to make it really fair.” The dragon taunted; as expected it worked really well on the competitive ponies, who felt angry as a bull.

For the ponies comfort, White moved away from them. When he did so, Twilight let go of her spell; allowing Rainbow Dash and Applejack to face the dragon. At the same time it left them vulnerable to White’s magic, so she’d keep a constant eye on him.

“Come at me” Spike taunted even more the ponies. Rainbow Dash was far sick of that, and rushed at him at full speed. Spike however, managed to create a force field of his own to protect himself from the pony; Rainbow Dash, unable to stop, ended up stamped against the barrier. It felt like hitting a rock, it hurt. “Don’t tell me this is too much for you already; I should have really covered my eyes!”

“Don’t you ever underestimate mah bucking” Applejack frowned in concentration as she gave the barrier a full-powered kick with her back hooves, strong enough to leave a tree not only apple less, but leafless. The result, a big crack appeared where the kick had impacted; and as it expanded, the barrier broke definitely. Spike was surprised by this, and such a shock it was that he was unable to defend from the pony’s rope bind him. Applejack pulled the dragon back at her, lifting him in the air towards her. Spike knew the following was going to hurt, and how right he was! Just like a toy racket, he was heavily kicked away and when he got as far as the rope could reach, he was pulled back only to receive another dose of pain. Even Spike’s fellow dragons could feel the pain of her blows.

On his way to Applejack’s third heavy buck, he saw his chance to live and performed a spell he had once cooperated with Twilight to make: shapeshipting things, only this time he tried it on himself. In a flash, the small dragon turned into an enormous, heavy boulder; rolling over the earth pony and crushing her against the ground. It didn’t matter how resistant Applejack was, that was one tough attack; she didn’t break any of her bones, luckily, but she did pass out however. Spike on the other hand, returned to his normal self after a couple of seconds. When so, he seemed confused; for being a rock meant he had no senses at all! He turned around and howled in victory as the earth pony lay on the ground. Too soon to his dismay, since Rainbow Dash was headed his way at full speed. With another friend of hers hurt, Rainbow’s pride hit rock bottom. It was her own purpose to protect them; and yet she was failing terribly. If she was angry before, imagine her now.

Spike created once again his force field. But this time, Rainbow Dash managed to stop on time not to hit herself with it. If she couldn’t use a direct attack, she could try something else; like lifting the dragon and his shield at the same time by creating a tornado around him. The pegasus flew around the dragon at blinding speed, lifting winds of dangerous levels. It wasn’t strong enough to lift Applejack, who was closeby; not to mention any of the dragons. But taking on account Spike’s light weight, he was easily lifted by these currents.

The spinning movement caused Spike to have nauseas, as well as losing his concentration; dispelling the barrier. Furthermore, the dragon was over ten meters above the ground level when the wind ceased. Magic or not, he wouldn’t survive that fall! Still lacking ideas, he noticed how fast he began to fall. He felt the increasing wind on his face and the panic and adrenaline running through his blood; perhaps Rainbow Dash enjoyed this feeling, but the dragon sure wasn’t. The desperate dragon happened to spot a hay cart that was conveniently close to them. Using his magic, he quickly moved it below him; and not a moment too soon, for he almost didn’t make it to the spot he was going to fall to. Having landed on the soft hay he was now in love with for saving his life, he took a couple of seconds to recover some air and stop the dizziness.

“Let’s see how you like spell number 16” Spike said while standing up. He moved the hay cart to a side and concentrated; his hand seemed to be glowing in green, of course that was his magic focusing. Then , he summoned strong gusts of wind, which became a small tornado round Rainbow Dash; not as strong as Rainbow’s, but the enough to make the desired effect: spin Rainbow Dash into an indescribable dizziness.

Tired from the beat up he received from Applejack, and almost dying from last fall, Spike decided to stop playing around and finish the fight so he could rest his aching back and head. He held Rainbow Dash with his magic grip and hit her with the ground, then lifted her again and hit the ground again; and again. Finally, he lifted Rainbow Dash one more time into the air and moved her in a big circle, gaining more and more speed like it was Rainbow Dash itself who was flying, until he finally launched her against the hay cart; knocking her out and destroying the cart in the process. Rainbow Dash had obviously resisted even harsher crashes during her practice sessions, but being dizzy had an extra bonus that gave Spike such an advantage. Two ponies down, only Twilight to go, and his tiredness could be clearly seen.

“O-okay, T-Twilight…” Spike panted “Just give me a second” he asked giving loud gasps.

Twilight was incredibly mad, but had had the time to calm down at least a bit and think what she was doing. She had lost her chance of running away and she couldn’t carry with her two unconscious ponies even if she teleported; she’d be discovered soon if she did so. Apparently, her only choice was to stay and face her assistant. She had two clear advantages over him: he was really tired from before, and she had a lot more experience in magic than him. If only White was to keep his words, she’d get away with her four friends!

When Spike glared back at Twilight, she knew that was the time for her to act. She quickly performed a test spell; illusionary copies. Even though she had already used this spell to overhear the dragons’ speech upon Rarity’s death, this time it was completely different; instead of three copies, she managed to create over twenty of them, and they deployed surrounding the confused dragon.

“That’s new” Spike noticed. He couldn’t really differentiate the real Twilight once she switched places with the copies a couple of times. And they all had the same look on their face, an angry and focused frown on the purple dragon.

Not knowing which one was the real one, Spike decided to take a wild guess. He shot from his hand a light green magical beam that hit a Twilight and made her fall back a little. At the same time, all the fake Twilights disappeared; he had hit the real one!

“Well that was lucky” Spike laughed at Twilight for failing in her strategy to confuse the dragon, and before the lavender unicorn could strike back, Spike shot another beam at the unicorn. He failed though, or did he? In fact, he failed on purpose, for his true target was the ground below her so that a cloud of dust would lift, blinding the unicorn.

Twilight lifted the dust cloud as quickly as she could by summoning a light but fast wind current. However, she failed in doing it fast enough to avoid having Spike next to her with a fully-charged-close-distance magic blast prepared to be fired. Even before the thought of teleporting, or creating a force field, or even react at all, Spike had fired his powerful blast at the unicorn. The force of the magic was such, that Twilight was blasted away and landed on the ground far from where she originally was and rolling back. It took Twilight some time to recover from that attack; she had never expected Spike to be able to deal so much damage on her. Play time was over, now Twilight was really furious, and hurt.

“What’s the problem Twilight?” Spike teased “I thought you were going to avenge Rarity” Spike’s words were a real slap on the unicorn’s face, waking her from her thinking. “But by the way things are going; you couldn’t have helped her even if you were there.” That was it! Twilight couldn’t stand what Spike was saying. Even if he used to be her brother, he would suffer for everything he had done.

“You…” Twilight muttered, a bright purple glow around her horn, a lot of magic focusing at the same time. “You have crossed the line for the last time” Twilight’s eyes were different; apart from showing a great deal of anger, her pupils and her whole eyes started to get covered by the same bright magic energy around her horn, her mane started to levitate slightly as well as her tail. This freaked Spike out, but not as much as the small lightning that came from her horn’s overaccumulated magic. One of these hit a tree’s branch, setting it on fire instantly. It looked like Twilight had reached a never before attained state of anger, where her magic fluctuated in dangerous quantities, and actually looked a little darker. Spike noticed how Twilight was unaware of how dangerous she was, even for the rest of the ponies. Using his magic, he pushed Rainbow Dash and Applejack further away from her, and just in time, for a lightning to strike where they had been.

Unfortunately for Spike when he did so he left himself unprotected, and received a powerful magic blast from Twilight. The small dragon didn’t even have time to protect himself at all; the blast was too fast. Spike was blasted away just like he had done with Twilight not so long ago, only so faster that he crashed and broke through the library’s wooden wall. He hit his head really hard when he did so, and consequently, passing out. His body didn’t remain there untouched however; for Twilight levitated him in front of her and despite the fact the small creature was no longer a menace, the anger-blind Twilight was already preparing another powerful blast; this time to end him.

“That’s enough!” White interrupted by teleporting the dragon away from the unicorn. It seems he had the power to do that even if Spike was under Twilight’s magic. The raging Twilight didn’t take this nicely, and shot the blast on White instead. This one created a force field of his own, and even though it cracked at the single hit, he didn’t flinch at all unlike his apprentice. King White laughed evilly before adding “by attacking me like that, you broke our deal! Your friends are mine!” It was obvious White wouldn’t keep his word, but Twilight couldn’t listen to reason anyway; she was trapped in her own anger.

Having said so, he used his magic to create a circle of ghostly blue fire around the unicorn. Twilight found out when trying to shoot another blast, that her magic was blocked. In a matter of seconds, her horn stopped concentrating all her magic, her mane and tail went back to obey laws of gravity, and her eyes went back to normal. With her magic drained, and thus her anger, she suffered an awful migraine; the next thing, she fainted out of mental exhaustion.


Hello everybody! once again i'm terribly sorry for the late upload; but it was really hard to write the fight scene (and i'm not sure it turned out as good as in my head). BTW, feel free (or obliged) to send me a comment/review on my grammar. I am having a writing exam soon and i should know if i make too many mistakes and how to fix them (i don't know if i mentioned this, but i'm Mexican), so... please?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and see ya/read ya.
Freeda91



Oh i almost forgot! The Crystal Empire was awesome!!!!!