• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 9,777 Views, 377 Comments

New Life of a Crow - Knight of Crows



Long story short, humanity thought it was a good idea to kill itself not with pollution or nukes, but with bio-weapons. I was the lucky one as I was somehow resistant to the changes everyone went through and only benefited from them. She wasn't sadly

  • ...
53
 377
 9,777

Setting off, first impressions

Ryan POV

Though it was anything but expected, the princesses agreed to my terms and we left for Ponyville after I switched out Dragonslayer spear for the Moonlight Greatsword (Dark Souls 2 version), and Losvayne for Demon Slayer (Samurai warriors). I had to make sure Misty didn't see or smell the bodies as best I could along the way, I may not feel guilty for killing them, but I don't want her to be mentally scarred over something like this. We were all quiet until we reached the outside, I wonder where all the guards went, especially the one who stabbed me. I was about to fly up before princess Celestia spoke up.

"We will need to teleport to our destination, I would prefer we not be interrupted along the way."

"Is there anything I should know first?"

"You may feel dizzy, even nauseous for the first few times, any other important information will be given when we settle down."

"Alright, then do it."

Have you ever felt so dizzy you couldn't stand up? Have you ever been drunk? Like, 'I can't find my dick drunk'? I never have, but this is probably what it would feel like, Misty isn't doing any better, probably worse actually. I can't see much, I can't stand, I feel like I'm going to vomit, my ears are ringing, and I think my speech is slurred. I'm never drinking if it feels anything like this. I regained my bearings and saw we were outside of town.

"Never. Teleport. Me. Again. I like my insides where they currently are thank you." I could probably regenerate them, but I'd rather not test that.

"Apologies, but it seems it is different to you than everypony else" Nooooo, ya think?

"Sister, I believe it would be best to announce Ryan and Misty before we reveal them. You know how our ponies are, especially the elements." Luna said after being silent for a while.

"Thank you for volunteering to watch them until I give the signal." What do you mean watch? "I won't be long." *POOF* and like that she's gone.

Silence

"Does she do this often? Should I be worried?"

"Not really, neither of us get to have fun very often and she took the chance."

"Your duties get in the way of your lives that often?"

"When it isn't our duties as diarchs of Equestria, it is the image we have to keep."

"Images you sometimes want to break, but can't for fear of the inevitable backlash?" I think I see where this is going.

"You have no idea, try having nobles seeking an audience for the most outrageous things you can imagine. In the past week I have had requests ranging from ponies seeking taxes for nobles be reduced while the lower classes be raised to a noble demanding the orphanage near his home be demolished so he could have a private swimming pool dug out in it's place." I may kill that one later, but how? "There are reasonable requests every now and then such as a farmer seeking aid with timberwolves or a few more guard in the more dangerous parts of the nation."

"And just like that, I'm questioning whether or not stupidity is a genetic trait that's only going to get worse if this is the state of the so called upper class."

"I think I would be more surprised to learn it isn't." I think we're going to get along just fine.


We chatted for a few more minutes before princess Celestia finished announcing us. She was about to teleport us before I reminded her that she shouldn't do so. As we were making our way to town Misty almost clung to me, not doing anything that would seem cautious, but still noticeable. We finally arrived and were understandably met with stares, I noticed one of them had an unsettling smile on her face, but continued anyway, I'll deal with her if I have to. Before we reached the stage by the town hall I asked the princesses if they could introduce me as Griever, when they asked why I told them a new life could use a new name. We reached the stage and waited for princess Celestia to reveal us, a human and a wolf in a town of ponies Let's see how well first impressions go.

"Without further delay I would like to introduce the one who freed the slaves, Griever and his companion Misty."

Silence

More silence

Is that a cricket I hear?

"By now I expected one of you to do something other than stare. I know we're new, but this is getting ridiculous."

After that they finally did something, unfortunately that something was them shouting whatever questions they had and the only one I understood was why was my sword blue. Why they want to know more about the blue sword than the black and purple one with a black and purple aura going up the blade with you guessed it, black and purple feathers falling from it, I don't understand. I looked to the princesses and they just shrugged, this needed to end now.

"Quiet!!!!" sweet silence "I will point to you and you will ask your question, okay?" they all nodded their heads "You, lady in the front."

"Why is your sword blue?" God damn it

"I made it that way. You, sir with the flute."

"Why do you have weapons on you?" Okay, a somewhat reasonable question

"I could ask you the same of why you're carrying a flute, but to answer your question, self defense."

"Why don't you have any fur?" Really? You ask why I'm born a certain way, but not what I am?

"My kind doesn't have any, also, thank you for not waiting your turn. You, lady with the curly hair and tie." Please get the hint.

"What are you?" Thank you.

"A miserable pile of secrets. I'm sorry, that reference was too tempting, I am a human." I heard someone shout 'I KNEW IT', but ignored it.

"Why do you have a filthy diamond dog with you?" The air grew cold, my wings appeared ignited with black, purple, blue, and crimson flames, the wind started picking up knocking a few signs down, my body started emitting the same colored electricity as a little pink filly with a tiara asked this.

"My hearing must be off little one. Would you care to repeat that?" I honest to whatever God or Godess they worship hope she does

"I asked why you had a filthy diamond dog with you." I pushed everyone out of the way with the wind, froze her in place poured all that power into Moonlight ready to use it's ranged attack.

"I will not apologize for this. Cease to exist!" Just when I was about to swing Misty lightly bit my hand and barely dug her claws into my shoulders as the princesses placed a multilayer shield around the filly. I stopped as they asked and absorbed the power back into my body before turning to face them.

"I will apologize to you two, and especially you Misty" I turned back to the filly "you had best remember this as I will not show the same mercy the next time you don't keep your tongue under control." I unfroze her "Leave, either vanish from my sight, or vanish from existence, your choice." She ran as fast as her legs would let her, crying for her father, pathetic.

Well this is off to a FANTASTIC start.