• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 9,779 Views, 377 Comments

New Life of a Crow - Knight of Crows



Long story short, humanity thought it was a good idea to kill itself not with pollution or nukes, but with bio-weapons. I was the lucky one as I was somehow resistant to the changes everyone went through and only benefited from them. She wasn't sadly

  • ...
53
 377
 9,779

Reunion, seeing the unseen

Luna POV

We heard something else moving in the room and found the source on the couch Ryan was sitting on a minute ago. The wolf, Misty had awoken from her slumber and upon seeing him pounced on him, pinning him to the floor, nuzzling and licking his face. She was just as overjoyed as he was as they refused to release one another. I could see Celestia was just as happy for this reunion as I was and also didn't want to interrupt. This continued for a few minutes before he started speaking to her, explaining the new world as best he could, showed her some of what he is capable of, and had told her there was hope she could truly be saved.

"These are the people who can restore you Misty, meet who will become our favorite ponies soon: Princess Celestia and Princess Luna." One of us probably should have told him by now titles aren't necessary.

We stood still as Misty approached us cautiously, we were just as weary of her as she was of us. She circled around us slowly, sniffing around us and away from us a few times. I noticed she slowed down more while she was to mine and Celestia's sides, her eyes shot wide open, and her ears went straight up as she backed up towards Ryan and started growling and barking at us. Why? This a was answered shortly after.

"Misty, calm down, they are our friends, they're not going to hurt us!" Ryan said while grabbing her, ready to hold her back. "You can sense them too, can't you?" Sense who? Misty started to calm down slightly after he asked. "I can see them, even if they would hurt us they couldn't" Who is he talking about? "Remember what I told you before? You can always rely on your shadow to never leave you, not every shadow is formed from malice." Shadow? Could he mean what I think he means? Celestia is just as alarmed as I am. "I'll trust them, I'll trust all of them, if you can't then can you at least trust me? I won't let them hurt you if they try." Why would he trust them? Misty was no longer hostile, but still alert.

"I'm sorry about that, that was unexpected and all she was trying to do was protect me from what she thought was a threat." Ryan said, not looking away from Misty and still holding her close to him.

"We understand, you are only trying to protect eachother, but this has brought up 2 more questions that need to be answered."

"I'll likely have an answer."

"Just what did you mean when you were trying to calm her down and why would she feel the need to protect you?"

"She likely sees me as the alpha of the pack you could say, and she may have forgotten about my hyper regeneration. To answer your other question I can see a transparent, darker version of you and princess Celestia." How? I thought the elements erased her, and the other shouldn't even be detectable. "I'm not going to ask why you reject your darkness, only advise you to accept it. Neither of them were born from malice, neither of them want to hurt you, they are your desires afterall however warped and unrestrained they may be. Nothing good can come from you rejecting a part of yourself, I learned that the hard way."

"You mean you can see Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker? Why would you trust them?" Celestia asked.

"When was the last time a shadow hurt anyone? When was the last time darkness did the same? And before you answer that, people using darkness don't count. When was the last time darkness struck first without a reason? Unlike it's counterpart, darkness accepts everyone and sometimes does a better job of making the world a better place than the light. Our darkness is just more in tune with our emotions as we are, it, wants what we want, but more. I trust them because they are a part of you, because they have felt the same pain and to some extent the same joy, the same pleasures as you."

"THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT CAUSE US NO END OF TORMENT! BECAUSE OF HER I WAS TRAPPED ON MY OWN MOON FOR A THOUSAND YEARS! AND THE OTHER ALMOST BROKE FREE AND TRIED TO PUT EQUESTRIA UNDER HER ABSOLUTE CONTROL! YOU WOULD TRUST THEM AFTER EVERYTHING THEY'VE DONE?" I shouted in the RCV.

"First off, one of us has very sensitive ears so I would appreciate it if you didn't shout." He said gesturing to Misty "Second, as I said, they want what we want, they are our desires however warped and unrestrained they may be. They only wanted you to be happy. I don't know Nightmare's story, but Daybreaker seems a lot like how I was all those years ago. Don't forget, as hypocritical as it would have been for me, I would have enslaved any number of people, I would have killed any number of people even commit genocide if I thought it would bring world peace. Let's also not forget that peace would include a very heavy drop of crime rates and racism and prejudice if you catch my meaning." Just what made you that way.

"I'm sorry."

"Just don't let it happen again."


Ryan POV

The silence lasted a good minute or two and I was still holding Misty close, running my fingers through her fur and scratching her behind the ears which she seems to enjoy a lot, but we needed to get a move on. We're almost there, we're so close to truly bringing her back that I can barely contain myself, I haven't felt like this since I learned I could recreate some of my favorite fictional weapons. I think I'll make the Tenseiga next as a troll weapon ,you either have to be really good with a sword or really bad at killing to heal someone everytime you cut them. I'm sorry, I'm letting myself get side tracked again.

"So what happens now? We've all accomplished most if not everything we came here to do." I think it'll be best if I go with their ideas.

"First we should make our way to Ponyville" that name itself is a sin "and inform our guards and the elements of the situation, then we will make preparations for Canterlot the next day" I wonder if they have their own version of Excalibur "where we shall make preparations for Misty." Celestia said.

"Alright, but I am warning you right now. If anyone attacks me I will hurt them...a lot. If anyone is stupid enough to insult or God forbid hurt Misty, you had better deal with them faster than I can reach them. I don't care if it is a child of a lowborn peasent or if it is a king, I will break them and if they piss me off even more I will kill them. You will agree to this and pardon me of any crimes I commit if I reach them before you apprehend them under these circumstances. Their safety depends more on you and their common sense than my self control. Are we in agreement?"

Author's Note:

Tenseiga is a weapon from Inuyasha, the sibling sword of the Tetseiga