• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 9,779 Views, 377 Comments

New Life of a Crow - Knight of Crows



Long story short, humanity thought it was a good idea to kill itself not with pollution or nukes, but with bio-weapons. I was the lucky one as I was somehow resistant to the changes everyone went through and only benefited from them. She wasn't sadly

  • ...
53
 377
 9,779

Saving her

Ryan POV

I'm rushing through the tunnels starting from where Ragnarok (I need to name a weapon that) flew through the ground with only Misty on my mind. If it weren't for her I wouldn't be here, she saved me and by extension the world as if it weren't for her I would have unfucked the world my way becoming the new God if I had to and if that didn't work then I'd've just nuked everything. I had a very twisted way of looking at the world if you couldn't already tell and she didn't just give me hope or show me the light, she became my anchor to it. I refuse to lose her like this, I would sooner see the world burn before I just let the best thing to ever happen to me slip away like that. In my panicked stated I almost missed a few turns, but I found my way back to the cryo chamber to see what had gone wrong.

"How is she Emily"

"She isn't suffering any damage that can't be reversed, and before you ask I can't open it." That's good, not the second part though.

"Where are the manual controls? Hopefully they're still in working order."

"Manual controls are under the pod, but I can't lift them myself, the switch for that is also on the pod." I tried, but while the switch worked fine the controls were less than functional.

"The controls aren't working."

"You'll have to break her out then

"I can't risk breaking her out of this, please tell me you have some other ideas."

"The only other thing that could work is in the control room, but there aren't any guarantees it would save her nor are there any to not damaging the already worn out systems even more." Well isn't that convenient?

"I'm sorry." What

"Would you care to repeat that?" Please don't repeat what you just said.

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do without risking killing her."

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME MY CHOICES ARE RISK KILLING THE ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT OR LOSE HER ANYWAY??? I REFUSE TO GO BACK TO THAT HELL, I CAN'T LOSE HER AGAIN, I CAN'T BE ALONE AGAIN, AND FOR ETERNITY AT THAT!!!!" I shouted, almost praying for something, anything to help.


Princess Luna POV (shortly after choosing to follow the human)

Sister and I started following, or trying to follow this human I think he called himself and I found myself thinking back to what he said. It was for lack of a better word unsettling how casually he mentioned what he did to the diamond dogs, but his actions weren't exactly unjustified nor unwelcome. At least that was what I thought before seeing what he meant by being ready for a "gruesome sight" and "follow the bodies".

"Sweet mother, what happened?" Tia asked barely holding back the bile, myself not faring any better, the sight and smell being worse than the battlefields a thousand years ago.

"I think this is what that human meant when he told us to prepare ourselves, but I didn't expect a sight like this." Corpses were filling the tunnels left and right, most of which appearing to have been mutilated and butchered while the less damaged ones were running, away from him most likely. "We need to find him, this may be our only chance to see whether or not he is a monster or simply brutal." hopefully only to those we would condemn or do the equivalent of.

"Luna, you can't be serious! These diamond dogs didn't deserve to die like this, that so called human isn't just brutal, but merciless, he didn't even give them a chance to surrender or run! This was cold blooded murder!" She said trying to convince me to turn back with her, possibly do the exact opposite of what we came to do.

"There must be a reason for this, we know nothing about him and considering what he has done so far he at least deserves the benefit of the doubt. Even if he is a monster it is better to have one who only preys upon other monsters than everything else." she had nothing to respond with and we continued following the trail. We eventually reached a point with several tunnels, no bodies, and no trace of him.

"Where did he go from here? The one thing we needed to know and he didn't tell us." I said frustrated. Celestia was about to respond when we heard him shouting in a destressed voice.

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME MY CHOICES ARE RISK KILLING THE ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT OR LOSE HER ANYWAY??? I REFUSE TO GO BACK TO THAT HELL, I CAN'T LOSE HER AGAIN, I CAN'T BE ALONE AGAIN, AND FOR ETERNITY AT THAT!!!!" What did he mean by eternity?


Ryan POV

This can't be how I lose her, I would have been fine with natural causes, but not like this.

"I'm sorry." Emily repeated again, I'm barely controlling myself at this point.

"Stop, as much as I don't want to I have to take the risks. If I don't I'll certainly lose her." Please whatever God or Demon can hear me please let this work. I readied myself to make what could be the biggest mistake of my life before I heard my prayers answered.

"Human, are you in here?" I heard I think it was Princess Luna who asked.

"Help me save her please."

"What is this place?" I heard I think it was Princess Celestia ask.

"I'll explain later just help me, I'll do anything you ask of me just help me please." They looked into the pod

"What is this creature?" Really Celestia?

"Do I need to repeat myself? Beg? Either help me or LEAVE!" Celestia winced at that

"Human we need you to calm down and tell us what you need from us." Luna said, I knew she was right, but that didn't help much.

"I need you to help me open this, with you here I can focus on her safety while you do whatever you can to open it. The pod isn't functioning right so you'll have to break it open, preferably with as little damage to the inside as possible." I encased Misty in a shell of darkness while the sisters started to open it with their magic, or tried to.

"How strong is the hold on this thing? We have both been putting enough strength into this to strangle a leviathan (wait they have those and this thing is that durable) and it won't so much as bend." I heard one of them say not paying attention to who said it. Hopefully this next idea will work, otherwise I can't be held accountable for what I'll likely do.

"I have an idea, but I need to know which one of you is more powerful?"

"How is this important?" They both asked, testing my patience.

"Answer the question." They looked to eachother before answering.

"That would be Luna." Celestia answered

"Luna I need you to keep helping me open this, Celestia I need you to put a shield around her." I said pointing to Misty.

We gave it another try finally getting it open after I started controlling the metal and darkness inside the pod. Misty was unconscious and shivering, but that was to be expected and can easily be corrected. I kept thanking them as I cried for the first time in a LONG time while holding her tightly in my arms while subconsciously summoning and wrapping my dark wings around her. We stayed like this even after she stopped shivering.


Princess Celestia POV

I was having mixed feelings about this human now, to see fear like that not for himself, but for somepony else and how he acted during and after this I could tell was all genuine emotion. He spent close to 10 minutes thanking us and crying for this...wolf? What surprised me most was his control over darkness and how he is seemingly unaffected by this forbidden magic. We were going to let him calm down before we questioned him, but he stood back up and lead us to what looked like a living room before we all took a seat with him setting the wolf's head on his lap and saying what neither of us expected to hear.

"I'm a man of my word, anything you want to ask of me will receive everything you want to hear, anything you want me to do you can consider it done, anything you want from me you can consider it yours, Afterward if you would do one more thing for me you will never have to worry about my sword being pointed at you. At that point you will have truly saved the only thing I have left to care for, it's only fair I try to return that kindness."

Author's Note:

Like with the previous chapters I'll be going back to them to see about getting them paced better even if I have to split a few chapters up.