• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 9,772 Views, 377 Comments

New Life of a Crow - Knight of Crows



Long story short, humanity thought it was a good idea to kill itself not with pollution or nukes, but with bio-weapons. I was the lucky one as I was somehow resistant to the changes everyone went through and only benefited from them. She wasn't sadly

  • ...
53
 377
 9,772

The one who was forgotten

Griever POV

I truly do wish I could forget Blueblood's memories, but to do so intentionally would be an act of cowardice and I still need to look through them to see if we missed anyone. For now though, I would've prefered to do anything to get my mind off that, and Misty and the others were doing just that as they kept us on better topics. I'm expecting the princesses to be done with the 6 soon so we can hopefully get them and their other halves to get along, or at least be civil with each other. We decided to wait for them to come by watching Claymore and about 10 minutes in they joined us so we restarted the first episode. None of them could keep their eyes off each other, but at least they weren't causing problems, they'll have to talk that out though as this can't be good for them. The princesses made an announcement the next day explaining the situation with Eris, Daybreaker, and Nightmare which also had the effect of helping Luna's image and reminded their subjects that even Celestia is flawed, even she is fallible.

That same week the trials were finally scheduled and we found the last of the slavers, I was in a very good mood so I was going to take as many alive as I could after giving the slaves a chance to hurt them, but the big shots either killed themselves or were killed by the wildlife in their attempts to escape. I also got around to making a few weapons for almost everyone, Celestia got Dawnbreaker (Skyrim), Daybreaker got Ashbringer (Diablo 3), Luna got the Bloodborne version of the Moonlight Greatsword, and Nightmare got a new scythe named Silver Crescent (fires spinning blades of Darklight, more power as the moon rises and becomes more visible). I couldn't think of a weapon for Misty and Eris, not that Eris should need one, but it's the thought that counts, I'm thinking an estoc or a rapier of some kind for Misty and maybe a whip sword (snake sword?) for Eris. I decided to start learning unicorn magic while I was waiting.

"So any luck?" I heard Misty ask as she entered the library

"A good amount actually. Unicorn magic seems to have many of the same rules and principles as my own. Having Blueblood's memories and magic seems to be beneficial so far, his experience seems to have been added to mine as you can see." I lifted every book off the shelf using unicorn magic and put them back "I have no real trouble using it, just separating it from my own. Having magic besides elemancy is going to be pretty useful."

"Still hard at work even after everything that's happened in just the past week, not to mention everything else since the ceremony." she walked behind me and wrapped her arms around me "Why don't we all take some time off once everything settles down, maybe see about inviting the others? I'm sure getting out of the castle for a short vacation will do everyone some good." I thought about it before answering

"Sounds like a plan. Maybe a month at the latest after the trial we can do something, the 7 of us." I pulled her head down for a kiss

"Hopefully it won't be that long." she said on her way out, turning before leaving "Before I forget, what'd you do with that one diamond dog?" FUCK I FORGOT

"Emily! Please tell me that dog is still alive." I said after calling her, it took a few seconds for her to respond

"The dog is still alive. I figured you would forget during your minor psycho episode and kept him alive until you needed him. He tried to escape, but a warning of the many traps he would face convinced him not to keep trying."

"Have I ever told you you're my favorite AI?" seriously, have I

"No, this is the first you've ever complimented me." come again

"Wait, really?"

"Yes you pretentious asshole." woah where'd that come from

"Is she even programmed for that?" Misty asked

"I included the additional programs myself after a time." Emily said.

"Still thanks, can you tell the princesses I need to retrieve someone from the bunker for me Misty?"

"Sure thing, see you later then."

"Thanks, be back in a bit." I decided to sprint it this time and used lightning to enhance my speed and wind to propel me a good distance


I don't think I'm doing that again. Splinters hurt, splinters in your mouth and eyes hurt worse. At least I found my eyes can also regenerate from near destruction, but that is not an experience I would like to repeat. Walking in I a minute to remember which room the dog was in and decided if only because of his cooperation I would see about him getting a lighter sentence. If his profession wasn't slavery even before Ragnarok's involvement I would've seen about a year or 2 of time served if community service was out of the question, but sadly that's not the case. Approaching the door I thought of how to deal with him, I remembered he called me 'new alpha' so he shouldn't be too much trouble if he's going to obey even if it's out of fear. I decided to wing it for the most part and opened the door to find him asleep on the couch in here, I lightly shook him awake from a distance just to be safe.

"Hey dog, alpha's here." I said softly getting a reaction from him

"Uuuuggghh wha?" he awoke and let his eyes adjust before they shot open and he backed away fearfully before getting himself under control "Alpha? Where you been? We leave now for new den?"

"Something like that. If you haven't already eaten you can do so before we leave, we have an important few days ahead."

"I already eat, no worry about dog." convenient

"That's good, then we leave now for our new home." I almost feel bad for this, but it has to happen anyway. I suppose I could use him, but anything he can do for me my pets can do better especially if I make them sentient or even sapient if I really need to. Why train a dog when you can make several magical constructs that are better in every way?


Everyone back at the castle was anything but amused

"You waited this long to tell us about this?" I heard Luna say in a slightly raised voice with a tone of disbelief as the dog was begging for mercy while being dragged away

"To be fair, I'm pretty sure I told you about the dog when we first met."

"He does have a point sister, even if it isn't a very good one." Celestia said

"I don't see what the problem is, this just means one less slaver we have to deal with." Eris said oblivious to the other reasons

"This means there will have to be another trial as he had nothing to do with the slave trade." Misty pointed out

"I don't suppose we could just burn him alive can we?" Daybreaker asked

"I think I already burned him. No, I shot ice at him, my bad." I said

"Freeze him then?" Nightmare asked knowing the answer

"No, if only because of his cooperation I'll see about him getting a lighter sentence. I may as well repay the debt a little."

"We will deal with him after the trial." Celestia said

"Fine by me. Maybe after the trials we can all go somewhere? Misty suggested it given everything that's happened in the past week alone, I agreed it would do us all some good."

"I suppose we could for a few days at least. What did you 2 have in mind?" Luna asked

"Nothing yet, but we've got long enough to prepare as we hoped to do it a month after the trial at the latest"

"We should do it, we would all finally have a chance to get out of the castle." Eris said

"It's settled then. We will take a short vacation within a months time after the trial." Celestia said with a smile

"We will be looking forward to it." Nightmare said on her way out

"A few days out does sound like fun." Daybreaker said joining her

I think I'll enjoy it all

Author's Note:

Short, but more focused on Burden of Love and the Destiny expansion right now