• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 9,778 Views, 377 Comments

New Life of a Crow - Knight of Crows



Long story short, humanity thought it was a good idea to kill itself not with pollution or nukes, but with bio-weapons. I was the lucky one as I was somehow resistant to the changes everyone went through and only benefited from them. She wasn't sadly

  • ...
53
 377
 9,778

I hate waking up.

Ending cryo sleep for pod 1

This makes 32 times I've awoken from cryo to check on how everything is running as well as Misty and so far everything seems fine by Emily's standards. I keep waking up every few decades to a few hundred years to keep up to date with Emily's vital reports and to remake some things I remembered from games and such, blacksmithing is actually kind of fun if you have the right ideas and my abilities only made me more creative in certain areas. I learned I could use Elemancy long ago and after a while I found I was able to mimic the abilities some weapons had such as the Onyx blade from Dark Souls or Losvayne from Seven deadly sins, the first weapon I made was the Sword of Baltanders from Orphen. It took me weeks to figure out how to turn something into a dragon like how Azalie did to herself and just as long for the magic enhancing bracelet and the gem that I can't remember the purpose of besides being the final piece of the sword.

This was how I spent my time when I wasn't learning what else I could do such as elemental magic including light and dark and I had fun learning all this. If this new world has evolved like I did then I'll have to see about expanding my knowledge of the arcane, until then I'll just keep doing my own thing. As excited as I am to see this new world and hopefully get Misty the help she needs, I need to be prepared for whatever this new world has to pit against me. I would train my elemancy to test some things such as earth helping me control metal, water with blood, and seeing the extent of the defensive capabilities of dark and it's versatility. I would spend most of my days out of the pod trying to better myself or at the forge, this week I wanted to create a few trick weapons from Bloodborne starting with the Burial blade then after a few others I made an extension sword and a hollow sword with holes along the blade to test something later. It was after the hollow sword that I got the perfect chance to test out what could be one of my more adaptable weapons as some assholes broke through my wall.

So much for the peaceful life.


Unknown POV

"We find shiny then take." said the dog shaped figure.

"We alert alpha first, me no want eaten." said the second one.

"No! We find and take then leave, you know Alpha only want gem for-"

"I'm sorry gentleman, but would you care to explain why you broke down my wall with the intention to rob me?" said the newcomer.


Ryan POV

"I am going to give you 5 seco-"

"You ours now slave." interrupted the big one

*Inhale*...*exhale* "And just like that you're going to die a painful death." after finishing that sentence the dog lunged at me, but found himself out of air and unable to move with his mouth and nose frozen shut. Why no one thinks to use wind magic to suffocate others I have no idea, it's kind of hard to fight when you're constantly out of air.

"I forgot to mention your death would also be slow." the smaller dog tried to save his friend, but was rewarded with an ice spike pinning him to the wall and a scream followed after.

"AAAAAHHH! STOP! LET US GO, PLEASE!" the small dog cried.

"Now I'll get to you in a minute so wait your turn." Turning back to the other dog "So what do you think kills faster? Suffocation or a halted blood flow?" I said with a sadistic smile on my face.

The torture lasted for what felt like eternity to the dog when it was only a few minutes. I walked up to the survivor with a deal in mind after incinerating the corpse.

"Please, I be good dog, I serve new alpha, please let live." begged the dog.

"I won't kill you, but only if you tell me everything I want to know starting with where the slaves and leader or leaders are. Be warned, I am a very good lie detector and will punish you accordingly if I detect any dishonesty or if I think you're not telling me something then I am going to make what happened to your friend look like an act of mercy." I was almost hoping for this thing to piss me off, but I needed him alive at the moment.

I spent the next 10 minutes learning about this new world, or as much as this mildly retarded abomination could tell me and I only found myself more interested in seeing what else this world had to offer besides magic and mythical creatures existing now. These ponies, especially these princesses are my best chance of saving Misty, even if the only thing that can be restored is her sapience. I also learned these dogs are slaves themselves to a dragon named Ragnarok and if only because of that name I'm going to have to kill him. Fated end of the Gods my ass! After healing the dog then locking him up, I grabbed my Dragonslayer Spear, Losvayne, and my hollow sword that I still haven't thought of a name for yet and went hunting, after freeing the slaves of course. I'm going to have to see how good dragon scales are for armor and weapons.


Going down the tunnel, I would frequently stop and listen for anything that might be a threat or indicator I'm going in the right direction. As much as I would like to kill the dragon now, the slaves come first. Continuing down the tunnel while keeping my hand against the wall and dragging my sword on the ground so I'll know where that damn intersection was I eventually heard a cracking sound, crying, and screaming. Believing this to mean I was going in the right direction I followed the sound to a giant area that looked to be one of the mining spots and probably where the slaves sleep if the cells are anything to go by. Walking in I drew the hollow sword and stopped once I reached the center.

"Attention all mutts and ponies!" I announced myself, drawing the attention of everyone there "If you are a slave, close your eyes, cover your ears, and try to ignore the smells. If you are a slaver then you won't be leaving alive." All the dogs circled around me preparing to attack, a few of them delighted at the resistance I was showing.

I stabbed the hollow sword into the ground and waited for them to attack. I counted 15 dogs so not even a warm up.

2 of them jumped at me, but I used the darkness in the blade and used it to shoot a few tendrils out of the ground to impale then a few times. They were dead before they hit the ground (13). I pulled the sword out and changed the darkness to turn it into a twin blade as another rushed at me with a hammer. I would likely survive a hit anywhere but the head, but I'm not interested in testing that theory of what I can and can't survive. After a dozen swings he swung to far to the side to continue his assault properly and I took advantage of this to cut his side deep with the dark end and cut upwards removing his arm. I let him writhe as I turned my attention to the remaining 12.

I changed the darkness again to the shape of a repeater crossbow and a few firebolts, 5 to be exact. 3 of them charged at me while a 4th picked up some rocks and started thowing them at me. Immediately making him my first priority I jumped over the other three to get a clear shot at him. I missed my first shot, but hit his throat on the second. Surprised the other three stood back for a second, that was their last mistake as I shot ice at their feet with my other hand and froze them in place for easier shots, they died in a second of each other (8).

The others became more cautios after that display and 2 of them tried to run. I used Losvayne to send a clone after them and guard the exit, we heard screaming in seconds (6). I changed the darkness to the shape of a snake sword (whip sword, whatever you want to call it) and swiped at their feet, disabling the 3 who didn't jump over and back out of range (3). I ignored the first three for a moment and formed a large, bladed tonfa using ice in my left hand (similar to Warframe's Kronen Prime) and stabbed the hollow sword into the ground so I could form a lightning spear with my right. They tried running, but my clone reminded them of it's existence and blocked them off. One turned back to me and was met with a lightning spear to his stomach, the other 2 were held in place by my clone as i channeled arcane energy into my tonfa to kill them both.

"Errors have been made it seems." I said before slashing their throats and turning to the slaves "It's over, you're all free now." I said dispelling the tonfa and retrieving my sword before breaking their chains.


Mane 6 POV

"C'mon! We could have been there kicking diamond dog butt an hour ago." Rainbow said impatiently.

"No Dash, we need to wait for the guards first. 6 ponies against an unknown number of enemies on their own turf is foolish." responded Twilight.

"Can you girls get them grouped up? I brought my special party cannon for this." said Pinkie while bouncing in place.

"Ah reckon Twi's got the right idea. Goin' in just the 6 of us is just askin' to get caught, or worse." Applejack supported Twilight

"As much as I would like to be done with this already, I have to agree with the others that being patient is the best thing we can do for now." said Rarity

"Girls, do you hear something?" asked Fluttershy

The ground starting shaking as she was saying this before they say a large black dragon fly into the sky with somepony flying up towards them repeatedly shouting mine.


Ryan POV, moments before

I freed the rest of the slaves or as one dog called them prisoners with jobs (I'll have to remember that one) and found my way to the dragon I was told about. Immediately after stepping into his part of the tunnels he woke up and looked down on me before speaking.

"A slave not with chains, but with armor and weapons? These mutts are as useless as they are stupid. No matter, they'll learn obedience after I eat you." said the dragon with no small amount of arrogance.

"You can try, but you'll only piss me off. Also I'll have you know it's kind of hard to teach obedience to the dead without the use of necromancy." I responded

"Such insolent pride. BURN!" he somehow said while breathing fire on me, or my clone to be specific courtesy of Losvayne, then I hit him in his left eye with my charged spear while firing lightning at his wing before he launched me off.

"AAAAAAAAHHH! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE INSOLENT WORM? I SAW YOU BURN TO ASH!" shouted Ragnarok

"Even if I tell you it won't change the outcome. No matter what you say or what you do I am going to kill you, at least try to make this fun for me, or is the big bad dragon with a name that basically means Godslayer incapable of even that?" I taunted

The dragon tried to burn me and stomp me a few more times only hitting my clones each time (is this how Meliodas felt sometimes) "HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE? I'VE SEEN YOU DIE EVERY TIME!"

"I may just be fast, your eyes might be decieving you, or I may just have a lot of look alikes. The world may never know."

He screamed in rage before flying through the roof, I followed him after making wings of my own and a few clones to attack him while I readied myself to redirect the flame, covered myself in a thin layer of mud incase the flames go through, and with hardened darkness ready for the impact.

"DIE!" he said breathing fire on me

"MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!" I shouted, my clones firing lightning and ice at him to break off those scales and bring him down while I charged at him with my spear in hand and my hollow sword being changed into a much bigger weapon using the darkness in the blade. I used more energy than necessary, but I wanted to prove a point and I really wanted to test that hollow sword out. The flames gave me minor burns, but he fell to the ground with an earth shaking thud and a giant hole in his chest, a missing wing, and his corpse fried with me on top. Upon landing I saw 6 ponies and what looked like a few chariots landing.

This will either end very well or very poorly.

I still need to name this damn sword.

Author's Note:

Any ideas for the sword?


Edit: 12/12/18. Fixing the pacing of the story, if you find a part that seems unfinished that is because I am adding to the chapter or making minor changes like line breaks.