• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 9,779 Views, 377 Comments

New Life of a Crow - Knight of Crows



Long story short, humanity thought it was a good idea to kill itself not with pollution or nukes, but with bio-weapons. I was the lucky one as I was somehow resistant to the changes everyone went through and only benefited from them. She wasn't sadly

  • ...
53
 377
 9,779

Departure

Griever POV

I woke up with Misty in my arms with her head right next to mine and was happy that all wasn't a dream. I haven't needed sleep in God knows how long thanks to these mutations so I had honestly forgotten how to sleep without a cryo pod, but I can say that was the best I've had in years. I was too comfortable and Misty looked too peaceful for me to get out of bed so I stayed and pulled her closer, I think I might prefer she stay a wolf if it's this comfortable sleeping with a body sized ball of fur. I heard movement behind me so I used what I call Shadow Gaze and saw Celestia and Luna walking up the stairs then outside, I regretted my curiosity as I found they really do control the sun and moon and the purging of the shadows burned my eyes. How am I stonger than them if they are capable of destroying entire planets, even entire solar systems in just a few seconds? They came back down to go back to sleep hopefully, it's too early for this shit.

"Griever, breakfast is ready." DAMNIT CELESTIA

"Alright, let me and Misty bathe first." say what you want, she's not an animal as far as I'm concerned so I cleaned her as if she was a human. The only problem was making sure the fur didn't clog the drain. We went back down to find everyone there as well as a new face, an overgrown lizard was cooking for everyone and had just set my plate with pancakes, toast, and scrambled eggs down on the last spot of the table.

"I'm assuming you're about to make Misty breakfast as well?" Choose your words carefully, it's still too early for this.

"Who's Misty? I thought we only had 1 guest Twilight."

"I may have forgotten to mention he had somepony with him, sorry Spike." she said while chuckling nervously. Spike, really? Am I gonna have to do what cinema sins does? He turned to us and did the exact opposite of what I wanted.

"Do we still have dog food from when we found that pup a week ago?" now you fucked up kid, I dashed to him and thrusted my hand which was coated in darkness, lightning, and had ice shards revolving around it an inch from his chest.

"The only reason you are still alive is because you did not mean to insult her, but call her a dog instead of a wolf again and I'll show you how lizards can fly without wings, over the speed of sound, and into a mountain. Are we clear?" Everyone was trying to get me to back off except Misty, as if she knew I only intended to scare him.

"Y-Y-Y-y-y-yes, c-c-cryst-tal s-s-s-s-sir."

"One more thing, if you wouldn't eat it yourself then don't try to feed it to her or else I may just go through with what I said." I told him taking a seat

"Was that really necessary?" Luna asked

"Probably not, but I don't care." Twilight slammed her hands on the table

"How can you so casually act like this, especially to a baby dragon who was just asking an innocent question?" She said demanding an answer from me

"Need I remind you of why I tried to kill the other child, and dragon? I see nothing relating him to such a proud race aside from the scales."

"That's enough both of you! Griever, we will be departing for Canterlot after you and Misty are finished eating." Luna said

"Just to be sure, you sent word BOTH of us were coming with you right? People attacking me several times a day is getting really old."

"We did, we also wish to avoid that." Celestia said

"Misty's food is ready." good, the kid gave some more of what he gave me to her

"She won't take long, but before we go, I need to make sure the bunker is sealed completely. I don't want anyone stealing those weapons as a few of them can potentially destroy entire armies. I'll be back in a minute."

"Alright, but we will need to see more of those weapons later." Luna said

"That's fine as I still owe you 2 a lot, but I won't make copies of a lot of those weapons."

"That is fine." I heard her say before I walked out and flew to the bunker


Luna POV

"Why would he even have weapons that powerful? They should be locked up or destroyed!" Twilight in her ignorance failing to understand any possible reasons why

"The main reason he forged those weapons was to act as a hobby, he forged weapons from myth and legend as well as weapons from other fictional sources. One such weapon was a sword that cannot kill, but only heal who it cuts, or another that 'takes in that which makes it stronger'. The swords he had with him are only effective against a single target so they are perfectly fine."

"He forged them? As a hobby? That doesn't answer why they haven't been locked up or destroyed much less why they even exist."

"He said they were potentially capable of destroying entire armies, meaning the user would have to be able to use that power and be creative enough to think of it. The weapon is only as dangerous as the user, and we trust him to not attack without reason."

"You mean like how he attacked that filly? Or like how he attacked Spike?"

"You will watch your tongue Twilight, I don't appreciate you speaking ill of who I believe would make a great knight of Equestria if pushed in the right direction. First, we will have to help him control his anger, but that shouldn't be too difficult." Celestia spoke up

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried he might try to take over Equestria." Twilight said in a more quiet tone

"I understand, but after everything he has been through he deserves a chance to prove himself. It is as Starswirl once told us, 'we are creatures of 3 things: reason, desire, and emotion, anyone of which can suppress or fuel the others'. If he has no reason to hate us he will have no desire to hurt us, this is true more often than not." She told her, he truly was ahead of his time

"Okay, I'll try, I'll also try to convince the others to do the same."

"That is all we ask." I told her.


Griever POV

I've been flying for about 2 or 3 minutes now and finally found the new graveyard. Upon landing I cremated all the bodies out of caution for necromancers and made my way to the bunker. Emily told me nothing has changed, but I still wanted to see for myself as well as grab a few things that could give these ponies a huge push and make a profit. I didn't find anything missing and decided to switch out my weapons for the Royal Arms from FFXV+ a new weapon of my own to the collection: the Scythe of the Merciless (all stored like in the game), Losvayne, the Giant Dad gear because reasons and stored like the royal arms. I also put on the Kings raiment from FFXV then stored some games, movies, and anime before sealing the place shut and placing traps everywhere and leaving. When I got back to town I saw a few chariots landing in front of the princesses.

"I'm back, and perfect timing too."

"HALT CREATURE!" REALLY

"Princess...Did you not warn them about me?"

"Stand down, he is the guest we spoke of." Luna told him and for once an order was followed, is it a miracle or a sign of another apocalypse

"Misty is inside I presume?"

"She is, she's probably still napping." Celestia said

"I'll go get her." I walked inside and found her on the basement bed, I lightly shook her to wake her up "Misty, I'm back" I received a lick to the face "and our ride to Canterlot is here, you can go back to napping after we get on alright." We went back outside and as we were about to board the chariot one of the guards did a stupid.

"Pets aren't allowed on the chariot." I kicked his spear out of his hand and into a wall, made 2 copies to bring him to his knees, and put Losvayne to his throat as he was held in place

"Would you care to repeat that? Did you just call Misty a pet?" the other guards were surrounding us now "If anyone calls her an animal one more time I will kill them, but not before teaching them the true meaning of pain."

"STAND DOWN! ALL OF YOU!" Luna shouted

"But princess, this beast just attacked a royal guard."

"Are you questioning my orders?"

"N-n-no ma'am." he backed off like the good dog he was

"Can we get going?" I asked

"Yes, we should have already left." Celestia said, we boarded the chariots and flew off towards Canterlot

I need to see if they really don't have any references to Excalibur, I also need to forge the exalted umbra blade later. I'm surprised I haven't yet.