• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 9,779 Views, 377 Comments

New Life of a Crow - Knight of Crows



Long story short, humanity thought it was a good idea to kill itself not with pollution or nukes, but with bio-weapons. I was the lucky one as I was somehow resistant to the changes everyone went through and only benefited from them. She wasn't sadly

  • ...
53
 377
 9,779

Let's try this again Part 2

Griever POV

It had been an hour or so since the incident and I was actually enjoying this. I don't need to take shit from anyone if this is the best I can expect from any opposition and these princesses have been surprisingly lenient, they seem like good people too so far. I may have to meet Nightmare and Daybreaker to see what all the fuss was about, but first I'll have to go reintroduce myself to those idiots from earlier and maybe apologize to princess Celestia. I'm not looking forward to this, but princess Luna asked nicely and Misty was giving me the puppy dog eyes which is why we are walking to the library. At this rate I can't be held accountable for my actions when stupid people are involved. I may have to grab a textbook and see if priests were right about smacking people upside the head with a bible being an efficient teaching method.

"We are here." Luna informed me.

"So it would seem. Can you and your sister make sure they don't do anything stupid again? I'd rather not get myself banished from this town because of another person's stupidity."

"We will make sure they don't."

"Welp, here goes." We opened the door to find everyone staring at us, 2 of them had sad looks on their faces. Either Celestia told them something or they're sad about losing the fight, pathetic.

"So princess, I trust you calmed them down?" I asked Celestia

"I did and encouraged them not to attack you again, they also have something they would like to say to you."

"If it's an apology then don't bother as I've heard enough apologies today, but this time I'm apologizing to the yellow one for calling her a coward."

"HEY! Where's our apology?" said the Rainbow haired one

"You mean I should apologize for defending myself in what should have been a 1v6 with 2 of you using weapons/ substitute weapons and by the way, had I still been a normal human either you or the orange one would have killed me. She not only tried to strangle me, but she had a lot more force behind those punches than I expected and you flying at me at 200mph weighing 120Ibs at least would have killed a normal human. I did not start nor instigate that fight, but I sure as hell finished it."

"Why you litt-"

"Enough! We came back to retry introductions, not fight!" Thank you Luna

"That is right. Griever, would you be willing to give them a chance?" Celestia asked

"Since you and princess Luna asked nicely I'll at least try."

"Please, drop the titles, we've hardly been able to live up to them all day." Luna said

"Alright, I can do that. So where do we go from here?"

"First we shall make preparations for our stay tonight while you answer any questions you feel comfortable answering then we shall leave for Canterlot tomorrow via chariot."

"That reminds me, do you have a weapon that chooses kings? I know it's an odd question, but I'm just curious."

"No we do not, why?" Celestia asked

"Canterlot sounds too much like Camelot which had a legend about a sword that had a few different legends, but the only real difference was the sword's origin. Only a true king would be able to draw Excalibur from the stone and it is said the wielder could overcome any foe, and with the scabbard Avalon would not bleed. We are getting off topic so let's switch back, we will take turns asking questions as I'm sure you 6 have plenty."

"Where are your wings?" the blue one asked, I summoned them

"Away, you, the pink one."

"DoyoulikepartieshowoldareyoudoyoulikecakewhatsyourfavoritecakewhatwasthatthingyoudidtothedragonwheredidyoucomefromBRRFBRFBFPBF?" I saw a purple aura covering her mouth thank God. Where does she get all her oxygen and energy?

"Pinkie that's enough, he said one question per pony." Twilight stopped her.

"Translation? I don't speak whatever long forgotten incomprehensible dead language that was."

"I'm sorry, do you like parties?" she spoke clearly this time

"I don't really care for them."

"WHAT! How ca-"

"Next, white one go."

"What fashion did your people I ghink they were called humans have?"

"How about I show you as well as show you what we had in fiction, Emily, if you would." She loved a lot of it, especially from Destiny, Dynasty/ Samurai warriors, Elder scrolls, Dark souls and Bloodborne.

"Now you Twilight. Because you stopped Pinkie I'll give you an extra question."

"Who is Emily and what was that magic you used?"

"Emily is an artificial intelligence made to help the systems in the bunker running smoothly which those diamond dogs broke into and that magic was strictly elemancy."

"But what about th-"

"You, orange one."

"Why were ya there in the caves?"

"My home existed there before your kind's existence was even so much as a thought,and as I said those dogs broke into my home and not only tried to rob me, but enslave me as well. You, Fluttershy I think your name was, I'll also give you 2 questions for not getting involved in that fight."

"What is your favorite animal and why did you hurt those diamond dogs and that dragon?"

"My favorites are crows and wolves and as I told Celestia, slavery and everything it entails I see as unforgivable, beyond redemption and so I killed them. Not only were they slavers before the dragon came into the picture, but it turns out they were also slaves to that dragon who has murdered and eaten countless innocent people. I passed fair judgement on them nothing more." She tried to argue they didn't deserve to die, but I just ignored her, I can't stand people who condemn others who have every possible reason to justify their actions no matter the intentions and the extent of them. All I'm hearing right now is 'you had no right/ reason' (bitch yes I did, it's called defense of self and others), and 'those ponies should have stayed slaves' (how I'm interpreting this). Even Misty has had enough of her and is growling.

"I don't need to explain my actions anymore to you, especially when they were more than justified even in the opinions of your princesses. We live in a world not of perception or cause and effect, but expected and unexpected results. I had no right to kill murderers, rapists and slavers? EVERYONE deserves to live? Contrary to your belief, people can lose the right to live and I have a PERFECT example for you." I thought back to one of my favorite anime and how well it portrayed human nature, cause and effect, and what I meant by expected results

"There was a story in my time about a child who dedicated his life to revenge after his older who he loved and adored so much killed his entire family, the parents, cousins, EVERYONE just to test his ability, a power acquired from killing his closest friend. The only reason the child was spared was because among all the people in his family, he was the only one who could surpass him. He abandoned his village, willingly did the equivalent of selling his soul for power, and even tried to kill his own closest friend when he tried to stop him. They were in their early teenage years if not younger at this time." Everyone was becoming increasingly horrified at just the existence of this story and the yellow one was barely voicing her pleas for me to stop

"When he finally avenged his family he learned his brother was forced into becoming a criminal to stop a coup his family was planning thanks to a power hungry psychopath making such an event inevitable with his betrayal. That man not only went free, but stole the eyes of his family which held immense power. You mean to tell me the extent of the child's hatred, his actions are just as justified as mine? That he had no right to kill the people who took everything but his life from him, made his life absolute hell, lied to him, used him for years, and learning the truth he was unjustified when he decided to try and destroy the village that was celebrating his brother's sacrifice/ death?" Everyone was silent after that, not knowing how to respond to a story like that even if it was fictional. Well she was crying, but I find myself incapable of caring for crying children who see the world in black and white.

"What if such a thing happened in this world? To say someone in that child's position would need to be stopped and punished is to deny him his justice for his dead family and the years his families real killers went unpunished. The punishment must fit the crime, if it's worth dying for it tends to be worth killing for. Did he not deserve justice? How about his brother who was forced into betraying everyone to protect them? 'Justice comes from Vengeance, but that same Justice only breeds more Revenge, and triggers a vicious Cycle of Hatred'. Killing his brother was justice, trying to destroy the village to avenge his brother's suffering and his clan's destruction was just as much an act of justice and revenge as it was mass slaughter." I said into her ear before turning to the princesses

"What's done is done so do us all a favor and quit weeping for the stupid or you'll be crying all day. Luna, has a place to tuck in been decided?"

"Twilight offered us earlier, remember? There are a few guest beds in the basement."

"It was probably when I wasn't paying attention to Fluttershy's rant. I'm going to bed, you can join if you want Misty." She barked and followed me down.

That could have gone better.

Author's Note:

edited the end after publishing, get the reference?