• Published 20th Jun 2018
  • 7,427 Views, 149 Comments

Break the System - Wild Wire



A normal guy gets sent to Equestria with the power to use any video game cheat, glitch or exploit.

  • ...
28
 149
 7,427

Breaking Starlight

Okay, so we're back in the cave, once again with nothing to do. Hopefully Twilight doesn't have a way to track me or anything, but I hope even more that Spike takes my side on things, or at least tries to talk to Twilight and convince her I'm not evil incarnate.

Starlight clears her throat.

"So, what exactly happened? One minute I was looking through Twilight's room, and the next I'm in a small puddle of water with you." She asks.

"I was caught but I escaped and pulled you out with me." I simply say.

"Wait, they saw you!?" She yells, the words echoing in the empty cave.

"Yep, I was hanging out with Spike, eating food, and then Twilight ran in and chased me down a hall. I pulled a new ability out of my ass and escaped. It was kind of fun!" I say excitedly, remembering how thrilling it was to be launched out of a castle at what was nearly the speed of sound. "Oh, and don't worry, they didn't even know you were there." I add.

"Oh, I thought you were going to blow my cover." She says, before thinking for a moment. "Wait, what exactly are your abilities?"

"Oh boy, It would take a while to list them all, so I'm just going to describe what I've used so far. I can teleport myself and others, create anything, make every living thing ignore me as if I don't even exist, I can absolutely fuck with stairs and use them to build up speed, make myself literally indestructible, I can emit audio from my being, use water to completely avoid any damage from falling and I can freeze time."

Starlight begins to look at me skeptically.

"Okay then, make a portal." She says.

"Alrighty." I pause and within the console I type 'give_portalgun', before unpausing once again. Starlight looks at the Aperture Portal Gun in my hand as I aim it at a wall.

Then I pull the trigger. The portal hits the wall with a sci-fi noise and instantly dissipates.

"Uh, hold up for a moment." I say to starlight, her looking smug while I pause again. I switch back to the console and type 'sv_portal_placement_never_fail 1' and unpause again.

"I knew you couldn't-"

I fire again, just below my feet. The orange oval shaped portal appears succesfully this time.

Starlight's eyes widen, before she looks at me with a deadpan expression.

"That portal obviously doesn't lead anywhere, you're literally standing on it." She says, pointing to my feet.

"Uh, obviously! I haven't placed the other portal yet!" I say, aiming the gun above my head.

Here we go!

I fire.

Immediately I begin to fall into the orange portal and out of the blue one, landing straight back into the orange one again over and over and over.

"WOOOO! PERPETUAL MOTION BITCH!" I yell as the air rushes past me. Starlight just watches me fall with a dumbfounded expression.

"W-Wait, how are you going to get out of that?" She asks me as I continue yelling.

"I'LL JUST DO THIS! NOCLIP!" I command, immediately freezing myself in the air. I then move forward a bit, out from over the portal.

"Noclip." I command a second time, dropping myself onto the ground. Starlight continues to look at me confusedly, before I begin to think of something to completely break her, and maybe even make a new friend.

Muahahahahaha.

"Pause." As soon as I pause, I begin to slowly type the command for dramatic effect.

"ulx bring Discord" Enter. Suddenly a white box appears in my vision.

'Something is creating script errors'

...What?

I retype the command.

'Something is creating script errors'

Damn! I guess cheats still aren't any match for Discord, although if I'm weaker than him, and he's weaker than the Elements of Harmony, then I could be turned to stone or something if they're used against me... Huh.

I decide to unpause-

"1 Update(s) are available. Download?"

Already? Cool! I accept the download, and immediately I feel... how do I describe it? Loose? Less constrained? I check the new popup.

"//Changelog
+Added the ability to alter the bones and meshes of your body on the fly.
+Added the ability to use Garry's Mod addons, as long as you understand how they made them work.
+Added Sonic 3 debug mode.
-Removed Herobrine."

Oh shit boy, I can shape shift AND use addons!? This keeps getting better and better! Although I don't know what I would use debug mode for. Maybe I'll mess with the gravity reversing thing? Oh well. Let's test this addon thing real quick.

I begin to think of a certain addon that will allow me to freeze time without pausing, allowing me to move.

Really all they did was have all velocity rapidly decrease for everything and disable thinking for all NPCs... OH and it froze their animations and other players too.

And I felt it. A sort of extra information attaching itself to my brain.

"Hohoho, lets try this shit!"

I unpause and begin to ask Starlight a question.

"Want to see something cool?"

"Uh sure?-" I interrupt her with the magic words.

"ZA WARUDO!"

Instead of time just halting to a stop with no real indication, my vision warps and all the colors invert, before quickly desaturating, becoming dull.

I sprint towards Starlight and stop right in front of her, before it runs out, and time begins to flow again.

"WRYYYYYYYY!" I scream.

"GAH!" She falls, startled to death by my amazing abilities.

"Hahahahahahah! Gotchya! WOO!" I laugh. She just glares at me, before lighting her horn and preparing a spell.

"Oh shit."

The beam hits me, and all the sudden I begin to shrink down.

"Aw come on, it was funny!" I say, my voice progressively getting higher pitched as I say it.

"No it wasn't!" She yells.

I decide to end the shrinking with another command.

"ent_fire !self setmodelscale 1" I return to normal size and the shrinking stops as well. She just glares harder.

"Well," I start, "That was fun, but now I'm tired, I'm gonna take a nap."

"You better hope I don't teleport you into a volcano." She threats.

"Honestly, since I'm literally indestructible, that would probably just feel like a hot bath to me... I might try that actually!" I say, before laying down, pausing and saving.

I think I can sleep while paused, so I'll be up and ready to go in no time... LITERALLY!

And with that I sleep.

Comments ( 50 )

"ulx bring Discord" Enter. Suddenly a white box appears in my vision.

No, you used the wrong command!
Your supposed to use /tp Discord Stanley

9477714
Thanks!
9477728
They both basically do the same thing so I don't know.

9477781
Then use /tpa
(It's the same thing but it asks the person being teleported instead of forcefully doing it)

9477783
Genius.

By the way, I'm going to try to make an actually consistent upload schedule, don't know if it'll work but I'm gonna try.

9477784
Well then I hope that goes well for you

oh good god, what if you use an unstoppable mod on discord like the ban hammer...:rainbowderp:
hmmm now that I think about it what if discord is just /opt?... and if that's the case stanley is about server owner levels of power so he can de op discord with a flick of a wrist... BUT IF THAT'S THE CASE HE CAN ALSO OP ASWELL SO HE CAN GIVE SIPKE STARLIGHT OR EVEN THE CMC ALMOST UNLIMITED LEVELS OF POWER!!!:twilightoops:

can you add anything from stanley's parable maybe a command like //curse_(entity_name)_wt_stly-prle_narrator_ which curses someone with the narrator from stanley's parable telling them what to do and only they can hear him.

9477886
....Dude, you're overthinking this. With the power of hacks, he can just activate godmod or just Disable Discord out of existence.

9477912
I like how you say that, Makes me want to see his Discords reaction to that. XD

9477953
~ -> Console -> Click on Discord -> Type Disable. He vanishes, gone from the world and will only come back if Enabled or new game is started. : D

Basically Console command from the Elder Scrolls.

9477912
there is no such thing as overthinking only underthinking and when it comes to discord and op commands there is neither

9478205
Well yeah, but that wasn't what I was asking, I was asking how could you nerf cheats since they are meant to be ridiculously overpowered

9478768
Easier than you think. Cheat to give you 10000 hp? Nerf it down to 1000 hp, or even 100.

9479634
I think you mean he can still cheat, but it has limits built into it, like a cap here and a cool down there. But I think I should make it so the nerf will be disguised as a buff, where he gets so many powers he eventually doesn't even know what to do with them, and starts to no longer feel the satisfaction of completing tasks with them.

Or in other words,
ACHIEVEMENTS ARE DISABLED!!

Also, Stanley can do just ALMOST anything Discord can, but he's not quite there yet. Stanley has ADMIN while Discord is at like near OPERATOR levels of power. I'm not gonna explain why that is, because this story literally involves Discord and a guy named after The Stanley Parable.

9479634
Well no that's not a nerf, a nerf is when the creator reduces the power of something they think is too op, but since this is cheats we're talking about you could put in different commands for the example you gave and get those different amounts of health

9477903
dude, don't you know? Pinkie already has a narrator that only she can hear. she is honestly confused nopony else has one.

9479829
That's litearlly what i said though. Someone makes a cheat for 10k health, but feels it's too powerful, so nerfs it down to 1k. That's a nerf.

Just because they're cheats doesn't make it any more or less impossible for them to be nerfed, they work on the same rules as the game they're in, the only difference being that generally cheats aren't meant to be balanced.

9480306
Well that's not exactly what I said, but I'm getting tired of arguing so I'm just going to say 'oh well' and leave ya alone

Anyone else think that he should be worried about Herobrine being removed more than once? Cause I feel like that's gonna bite him in the ass if he doesn't do something about it.

9489178
League Of Humans Acting Villainous. Or Lohav for short. There is also Lohah. Opposite of Lohav.

9503251
There are plenty of ways to make an OP character less OP, without even affecting their powers. I've seen plenty of stories do it. My argument is that cheats don't imply Overpowered. I've seen plenty of cheats that aren't OP and simply change something to make the game more fun, or make a character more powerful without being OP.

The argument made was that cheats can't be nerfed, but I heavily beg to differ. I've seen, observed, even done it myself, the nerfing of cheats. The example I gave was that "a 100k hp cheat nerfed down to 10k" that's literally the best example you can give of a nerf. A change in something to make it less powerful. Variable cheats can also be nerfed - by setting an upper limit. You have a cheat like setHealth? You can setHealth 10000000000, and you become unstoppable. Except for one fact. The response you get: "10000000000 is above the upper limit 10000". That upper limit can be changed to w/e, and suddenly you can't set your hp to ridiculous levels, suddenly you're less powerful. A nerf.

But as for other ways to make characters less OP. I've seen characters that are literal gods be reduced to the same power level as other characters simply by doing something like giving them a personality. In stories, it doesn't matter how powerful, deific, or omnipotent a character is. If the author decides it, that character could have all that power and still be as weak as a 1-year-old.

9503254
Yeah, that would make a much better story for that kind of power.

Please continue I love this

Okay, now I NEED to see some ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA in this!:pinkiecrazy:

Comment posted by Silver_storm_iron deleted Mar 18th, 2019

"//Changelog +Added the ability to alter the bones and meshes of your body on the fly. +Added the ability to use Garry's Mod addons, as long as you understand how they made them work. +Added Sonic 3 debug mode. -Removed Herobrine."

Oh thank God Herobrine was removed he would have been Unstoppable

9505910
I'd say this wouldn't make a story if it will play out any different. I mean, if he go all overlord over ponydom he'll just win and that's the end of the story. Bo-o-oring. Doing Discord's job when Discord doesn't, though... that's exactly something I'd do if I somehow end up with infinite power.

I love it, I await more chapters

9513444
bbbbooooooooiiiiii!!! Herobrine will be back ;)

since he can use any glitches from any games, i hope to see some bhops and accelerated back hops soon

If he can use any glitch from any game... can... can he use Kerbal Space Program glitches? https://youtu.be/UILeypDNAak?t=305 by Celestia he can control the very fabric of space and time and contort them to his will...

Oh come on! Keep writing this!

9757098
I just checked back onto this story, saw that you canncely it. Can I ask why? I, for one, though it was really entertaining.

9757103
Because I'm absolutely no good with motivation, ideas, and also this was trash. I might rewrite it once I at least get better writing. This was honestly just me jumping from one idea to the next with no plan in mind, pure improvisation. The only concrete part I had was his powers, and even then I wasn't sure if I wanted him to be able to use cheats or ONLY glitches. Either way, this was hot garbage and I have no idea why anyone enjoyed what I made here.

9757129

(...) and I have no idea why anyone enjoyed what I made here.

I'm not sure either, but perhaps it was a combination of how dumb the whole thing was, with the burning desire to have that sort of ability... ;] Though if I had that ability, it would probably devolve into some very dark shit very quickly...

The story's fucked up, but it's bite-sized freedom per chapter, in a way. Probably would've gotten old soon, but it was fun to imagine... ;)

I guess in the end, people might've enjoyed it for what it could've ended up being, you know? I mean, "Universal Acceptance" alternates between fucked-up serious and crazy as all fuck, and it's great. ;)


You know, it might just work if you had this guy solve any and all problems in the most unexpected way possible. Altering render settings to see better? Turning down Pinkie Pie's volume? :D Being able to 'detect' changelings by discerning ther BaseID... that sort of thing.

Also, developer 2. :D

9757368
I may or may not steal these ideas in the future.

9757478
You are more than welcome to them. Just give us something more to love, hate, chew on, or possibly stick into a rectal capsule... Whatever.

CONTENT! ;D


Also, Skyrim. Why? One simple reason - setcrimegold, executed on a guard. Or just any ol' unlucky NPC that happens to pass by. Some of the fights were epic.

Also, I assume you'd be interested in all of the various ways you could abuse the fuck out of Enchanting and Alchemy in Skyrim and Oblivion (enchant armor with +Alchemy, wear, create +Enchanting potion, drink, rinse, repeat until OP). Might be interesting if you ever need to time-skip but feel like giving some character shit to do.


You're aware that the first thing I'd do w/ these powers would be to see if cameras can record me in any way when I do that "effective freeze" thing, right? So many shops, so little time... I mean, there's notarget and noclip (and setplayercoords and map ... and... hell, possibly even prid.placeatme), true, but there's something satisfying about being able to just waltz in with everyone frozen...
Also, skirts... and let's just leave it at that. ;>

9757797
If we're going with purely glitches, but not necessarily from just one game... we could have the protagonist outracing Rainbow by jumping backwards (Mario 64's BLJ), or teleporting "without magic" (Wrong Warps from various games), or using beaches to duplicate various things by summoning and defeating pixelated "things" (Pokemon's Missingno trick)... though it might be humerous for some negative glitches to occur too, like getting stuck in the floor, or temporarily garbling any speech. Underflow/Overflow errors could work for both, hitting someone so hard they get fully healed, or healing to the point they're dead... maybe getting so rich he's suddenly in crippling debt for a bit?

9850410

maybe getting so rich he's suddenly in crippling debt for a bit?

So very Fallout. :D

All very good, interesting ideas! I especially like the glitches happening to the MC - garbled speech and pixellated view sound like a good way to delay or obscure... opens up plot-relevant stuff.


Also, good to remember: when you use console commands a whole fucktonne, sometimes you break stuff inadvertently - like dialogue or quest stage progression. That's sometimes quite a pain to figure out how to fix... ;]

And with that I sleep.

But because he was paused, he never woke up. The end

Why did you cancel this?

Breakingthe 2 sisters
Breaking the main 6
Breaking everything!




dwb

Welp, it was a very good and entertaining read.

Thank you for writing this :derpytongue2:

If you might write it dome tome in ylthe future, then that calls for a hiatus tag, not cancelation.

hay continue it we all want to see more chapters:twilightsmile:

Ok this is sooo awesome. I atually want to see more of this. Also the removed Herobrine thing, is that just a Minecraft reference or will Herobrine actually be making an appearance at some point and Stanley has to edit him out?

And then he found out that it was the instakill kind of lava and was trapped in an eternal loop of death.

Login or register to comment