• Published 19th Jun 2018
  • 2,478 Views, 207 Comments

Trixd - Koshka5



After the events involving the Alicorn Amulet, Twilight kidnaps Trixie and keeps her as a pet.

  • ...
54
 207
 2,478

Explanation

Click.. Click.. Click.. Click..

Celestia's shoes clicked on the marble flooring of the castle, a hurried, nervous clicking. Unusual for the Princess, but today's trip to the meeting room wasn’t usual either. She entered the courtroom, an informal meeting between Twilight and herself was scheduled today. Celestia was looking forward to it, she assumed it was simply an update on her studies. One never stops learning, even as an Alicorn.

But that was before she heard the news. Whispers, at first. Talk of Twilight adopting a unicorn filly. At least that's what the dependable outlets reported, only 2 days ago. The magazine and gossip factories put their own spin on it, claiming that Twilight had stolen the filly, or conjured one up with her new Alicorn magic. Of course that was ridiculous, Twilight would never steal a pony, nor could she create life. Despite these reassurances Celestia had a bad feeling about this meeting, Twilights letter mentioned some very old laws.

She hoped to Faust that her faithful student hadn't gained a… certain attraction.
She approached the large doors to the meeting room, the guards saluting and stepping aside. Behind the doors sat Twilight, organizing her notes and a cup of tea floating beside her. A familiar sight, calming Celestia a bit as well as convincing her not to walk into it with such terrible expectations.

“Princess!” squeaked Twilight, jumping to her hooves and bowing, only to be stopped by Celestia's soft magic nudging her back to standing.

“We spoke about this Twilight, we are equals now.” she said, reaching the open chair in front of Twilight, instead of the throne that sat mere feet away.

“You'll always be my teacher, Princess!”

“And you'll always be my faithful student, even if you finish all the biscuits before I arrive.”

They laughed together, another familiar event. After a bit of chit chat, catching up, Twilight began to explain what was going on.

“You mentioned EQ 438, if I recall correctly?” prodded Celestia, sipping her tea as she went for the elephant in the room.

“Yes, yes, I did! It's an interesting law, it stood out to me back in Royal Civics 220, probably because of its age. One of the oldest laws in the book, one could even argue it was common knowledge before Nightmare. Isn’t it interesting how most laws from then were changed, even scrapped only years after Luna was banished?” said Twilight, finally stopping for a breath.

Celestia raised an eyebrow, Twilights little monologue almost sounded accusatory, Twilights behavior was perplexing.

“EQ 438 is… it's a remnant from a different time. My little ponies enjoyed it, they offered themselves to it. I assure you it was not as bad as it appears.”

“They did? Why?” Asked Twilight, putting down the research she had written for this very conversation.
“Well, I have to emphasize this was over a millennia ago. Times were not as kind, nor were surrounding tribes.” Celestia sat back in her seat, reminiscing.

“Luna and I were battling the gryphons, keeping them from capturing a vital farmland a bit south of current day Baltimare. On the north front the Yaks were pressuring us as well, seeking to pillage our stores while we were occupied in the East. We had to split, Luna would handle our troops in the north, and I would keep the Gryphons at bay with my battalion.”
Twilight was immersed in the story, but still scribbled down notes as she spoke.

“Our ponies did not enjoy the same times of peace as the modern day. Long days working the fields and rearing foals for the majority of mares with only a few stallions here or there. Most of the able bodied stallions and colts were in the front lines, colts providing logistic help while the stallions fought.”

Celestia sighed, a bittersweet smile on her face.

“They did it for their foals, and their foals foals. We stand on their withers. Twilight.”

Silence followed, a moment of remembrance if not a moment to process what this all meant. Twilight in her all of her analytic skill couldn't make the connection as to what that had to do with 438.

“How does 438 relate to all of this, Princess? Was it a cover for some war enlistment tactic?”

“Of course not! Ponies fought willingly, or not at all. It is our duty to defend them, after all. I swear to you that I fought for them, I fight for them everyday. Their sacrifice and efforts are an accelerant for this fire we call a monarchy. You and I Twilight, we are the fuel. We burn so that they may bask in the warmth of our deeds.”

“So...”

“I instituted 438 shortly after King Grover united the gryphons, and ceased their efforts to acquire our stores. Luna returned to the eastern front, both fronts having taken their toll on our ponies, and dare I say, worst of all Luna.” Celestia seemed to deflate, reliving hard times was not high on her list of desirable things to do that day.

“Luna didn't transform for at least 350 years after the unification of Griffonstone.” questioned Twilight, referencing her notes and looking around for another document. Celestia placed her hoof on Twilights, giving her a meaningful look.
“Just listen, if you would.” Twilight nodded in agreement.

“Lunas defense was hard fought, not a day went by without an attempted raid or infiltration, for over 80 days. Not to mention the raids at night, Luna did not rest. Alicorns of course have a much higher resistance for that, but one weakness we cannot escape is that of the soul.” Celestia continued,

“Luna depended on me for companionship, we held each other up, two pillars holding the pressure of Equs. As cheesy as some might say that sounds, it was hard on her. She expressed to me that she did not want to leave me again. Her royal assistants did not provide what she needed on those tireless nights of watch. In that moment I decided that we each needed something more than an assistant for situations like these. A companion to help us through those dark nights, and act as a pillar for ourselves.”

Celestia brushed a crumb from Twilights muzzle, pausing for a moment as Twilight absorbed the history lesson.

“And so you just chose one, to keep forever? This law, it doesn't allow for much autonomy, nor does it grant much opportunity for anything other than serving as companion?” Questioned Twilight after a moment, the accusing tone back and slightly weaker.

“Well, we needed them for a long term, they needed to be their for my sister when I could not. At a moments notice. They of course receive a pension, and have a retirement age, various terms that are granted. It's really not as sinister as you are implying Twilight, they came willingly even. These companions lived a life of luxury compared to those on the battlefield or the crop fields. At least at the time when the law was used they did.”

Twilight tensed.

“So many questions, and yet I can tell that you already know the inner workings of this policy, if your research is anything to go by.” Said Celestia, leveling her gaze with Twilights. “You have 6 wonderful friends, and a loving family. Are you in need of more companionship, my student?”

Twilight shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

“Well, no. Its less of a companionship and more of an… adoption.” she replied, averting her eyes.
Celestia sighed in relief, this was the Twilight she remembered. The princess giggled to herself, Twilight providing an inquisitive look in response.

“My apologies, it's only that I thought much worse before you arrived today. The rumors are not as… innocent as the truth.” chuckled Celestia, quickly deciding to move on.

“In fact, I don't know the entire truth, tell me more about this filly you adopted?”

“Her name is Trixie, and she's a little blue Unicorn. She was pretty rowdy when we first met but I managed to train some discipline into her.” responded Twilight. “Her home was destroyed by an Ursa Minor near ponyville and she later returned having been affected by the Alicorn Amulet. Her parents were nowhere to be found, so I nursed her back to health, both physically and magically.”

“And you chose to use 438 to keep her safe and off the streets.” blurted Celestia, leaning in to hug Twilight. “I knew you had not strayed from your path!”

Twilight pulled away a bit, to look away from Celestia.

“Well, more like I used it to make sure her parents could not take her back if they ever showed up… Trixie was not raised very well, if at all. I had to teach her basic manners myself,” said Twilight, now tapping her front hoof in nervousness. “And keeping her in line has been a lot more stick than carrot.”

Celestia took a moment to pause, considering the morals of depriving a parent of their foal. Of course if what Twilight says was true, then it clearly was not a matter worth thinking twice about seeing as the filly was in the path of an Ursa Minor.

“It's a noble effort, Twilight, but I cannot determine that until I meet the filly now can I?” responded Celestia, cautious optimism present in her voice.

“Sure! I’ll bring her around to meet you soon, once she's a little more behaved. You know how fillies are at that age.” said Twilight, happy to see that Celestia was buying it.

“I definitely do, and if shes anything like you I recommend you acquire some body armor.”

The princesses laughed together, rumors dispelled and a well woven story put in place. A half truth, nothing she had said was false. She’d slowly acclimate Celestia to the truth that her friends knew.

For now things were going just as planned.

Author's Note:

This chapter was a lot harder to write than the rest cause I've next to no idea how to write dialogue and this was mostly dialogue, it was a short one though. I say that and yet most of my chapters are very heavy on that haha. Anyway, Its probably not the best chapter but I'm trying really hard, and am hopefully moving onto more interesting, less expositiony things for the next few chapters. Please let me know if you enjoyed, and if theres something you wanna see in my fic/things you dont like.
Special thanks to mr star for reading over this one for me!
As for you guys, thanks for reading this weird fic, means a lot to me! :yay: