• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 2,684 Views, 69 Comments

I Have a Rock! - Chemtest



(Displaced) Somebody goes to by something from the Merchant, and now has to save the world.

  • ...
12
 69
 2,684

Nickel back

I sit down at the table, and give Clive a piece of bread that was offered to me, “So, Rainbow, what did you learn about calling Clive a monster?” I ask with my same straight expression.

She gives no response, unconscious bodies don’t regularly respond in my exprence. One of her friends does respond, this one the yellow one, “I’m sure she’ll apologize when she wakes up.”

I nod, “She better, Clive doesn’t like that.”

She holds out a hoof, “I’m Fluttershy, nice to meet you, Clive.”

I look over at Clive, with half of his bread gone. He doesn’t move, “Well come on, Clive, don’t be shy. There are no mean ZedF Cyanide’s around here.”

Fluttershy gets a shocked look on her face when Clive moves up and touches her hoof, “H-how did that happen? Rocks don’t move, do they?”

I look right at her, “Most rocks are solitary and lazy, preferring to only move when needed. Clive was one of the more active ones who move a lot.” I hold out my hand, “I’m Clyde.”

We shake, “Well, it’s nice to meet someone who also has... interests like Maud.”

I nod at her, “Yes, it is so rare to meet another who appreciates rocks like me. Other than Maud was just Papa Womble, and Uncle Edberg. And Uncle Edberg was to busy talking to Globes to talk to rocks. Said he only talked to the ‘Globel Elites’, I never saw the appeal of the globe culture. After all, they come from rocks.”

I’m interrupted by the white one, “I must say, you have interesting tastes in fashion.”

I look over to her, and push up my tiny glasses, “I took it from the family.”

She looks me over, “That hat your wearing must be quite hot, all that fur on it.”

I reach up to my ushanka, and take it off. I look at it, “Eh, I’ve grown used to it.”

I hand it to her, “Hmm, interesting. What does the hat mean to you?”

I shrug, “It was given to me by Papa Womble after my first Culling. Said I did good, made us proud by participating.”

She hands it back, and I put it back on, “What about that pin on your cloak?”

I pick it up, and look at it’s blue background, and gold wings, assault rifles, and the blue globe inside, “This is the pin of the Globel Elites, a very prodigious society Uncle Edberg was a part of. He eventually left, and became something else. He gave me the pin to keep it safe.”

“What does it mean?”

I study it, and pin it back, “To remind me the difficulties that come with going to Dust Two, and how to succeed.”

She leans closer, “And how do you succeed?”

I think a bit, “I think Cousin Cyanide put it best, back when he served in Dust too. He says, ‘A bunch of P90 spam, and Auto bullshit, that’s all Edberg would do, and yet he gets to be Globul. I think their discriminating against me because I’m Indian.’ Maybe he is right, maybe not.”

“Wait, Cyanide? Didn’t you dislike him?”

I shake my head, “No, but Clive is afraid of him.”

She nods thoughtfully, “And what about that ragged poncho your wearing?”

I look down at it, and remember, “This came from Cousin Cyanide after he escaped Rust Island. He and the others were trapped there for an unknown amount of time, and came out fine. He called it his ‘dirty sex cape’.”

She recoils in disgust, “Egh, really!?”

I nod, “I know he was joking, I really hope he was, this was the thing that kept him warm and dry. It also protected him fro the trees that scratched at him, and the others who wanted to kill him.” My face drops a bit, “Like the ‘throwing tools’ incident I was told about. It was only this that kept him from receiving a hatchet to the back.”

Her face loses the look of disgust, “Oh. Well, what does this one mean?”

I remember when Cousin Cyanide gave me it, “I’ll always be protected, and someone will always have my back. Also that everything will become Rust in the end.”

She looks at the rest of me, “And what about the rest of your ensemble? The red, white, and blue clothes?”

I look at my American flag clothing, “This was from Cousin Phoenix, to remind me what he thought the best country was. They are the American flag. I understood rocks, Edberg globes, Cyanide cows, Phoenix understood flags.”

“And this one means?”

I shrug, “Freedom is best? I don’t really know.”

She looks at all in all, “And all together?”

“It reminds me that I always will have someone behind me. The ZedF clan will always be there to help. Womble, Cyanide, Phoenix, Edberg, Cake, all will be able to help.”

She smiles, “That is a very good message from your fashion. Though your family has some odd names.”

I nod, “They are strange people.”

I hear a snapping sound behind me, “Did I hear somepony say odd and strange?”

I look back to see an amalgamation of animals, “Yes.”

It smiles, “Well, looks like this is the place for me!” He pulls out a bag of money, and tosses it too me, “Here you go, child of ZedF. My friend told me you needed change.”

I catch it, and place it near Clive, “Clive will keep it safe.”

It looks right at Clive, “Oh yes, I must say, very energetic rock here! Here, let me get mine out!” He pulls out a chunk of marble, and places it next to Clive, “I call him Marbles, because I always lose him!”

*Bud um, chess.*

I nod, “Clive, Marbles, and Boulder can all play together.”

All three rocks are placed next to each other, and we sit and watch them. I think I hear Twilight face-hoof in the background, “Discord has rocks now too!?”

We just watch them some more, before the creature introduces itself, “I’m Discord, very nice too meet a fellow rock man.”

I nod back, “Same.”

Then we watch the rocks play some more.