• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 1,067 Views, 19 Comments

A Life, Forgotten but Gained - TrueSoul116



You're stranded in a new world, not remembering a thing from before.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,067

Chapter 1: Dazed Out

-View Point: Human-

I hear a ringing in my ears. Is my alarm going off? No… that’s not my alarm, my alarm makes an annoying ringing noise that no one likes but this is like that random head ringing that you’re dehydrated or hurt. Am I hurt? I can’t see anything, my eyes are shut and I can’t open them. What’s happening to me?

I feel a shot of adrenaline stream through my body. I have the strength to open my eyes so I do so. I’m in a field. No, there are a few trees near me. Maybe, just near a forest but, the trees look organized. I guess I’m near an orchard. Where am I though? I don’t remember living next to an orchard or… I don’t remember anything. I DON’T REMEMBER ANYTHING!

At this point I’m panicking. I’m trying and get up but fall back down on the ground from severe pain in my head. I manage to reach my hand up to my head where the pain is. I feel something wet and bring my hand back down. Blood, a good amount now covering my hand. Now all I can feel is that pain, that horrible, horrible pain. I can’t feel the rest of my body. I’m afraid to know what I feel right now… So much, suffering…

I lay here for a few moments in reality but it’s like a never ending time for me. I start to feel the rest of my body but it doesn’t seem like I’m hurt anywhere else. Maybe the pain in my head is just covering up the rest; I just want to black out. I start to close my eyes, hoping someone will come and help me. Being next to an orchard, getting someone to find me won’t be too hard. I’d call out for help but I’m too weak.

“Hey, are you ok?” I hear a scratchy female voice shout out in the distance. I think it was to me. I open my eyes the best I can to look around. There’s no one around me, no one in the trees or anywhere. There’s not even a living creature in sight. I must be hallucinating.

I shut my eyes again but open them back up to the sound of, a horse galloping? I thought I would have seen a horse when my eyes were open. I look around a second time and see a blue horse, pony my bad, it’s too small to be a horse, with a rainbow mane and tail walk up to me. Does that pony have wings? WINGS! There is a pegasus in front of me, wait a second, ponies can talk? What is wrong with me? Oh god I’m so out of it. I’d be laughing if it wasn’t for the immense pain I’m in right now.

I’m guessing the pony sees the blood because her face twists up. “Hang on; I’m going to get some help. Just hang here,” Says the blue pony and opens her wings up to take flight. Wow, hang here… Really? I mean, it’s not like I can’t stand or anything. She takes off and flies out of sight, which isn’t more than a small space I can see.

I lay here for a few more moments, still bleeding. Everything is turning red, must be blood running down my face. This is getting bad, so much blood loss. I’m glad I’m not light-headed, scratch that, I am. I’m going to die… I’m going to die… I can’t believe it. My last sight, besides for a field of now red, was a, BLUE PEGASUS! I can’t remember a thing! I can’t remember how I got here, where I am, or just, MY LIFE! Nothing!

My vision is starting to fade out into blackness. Yep here it is… death… great… I close my eyes waiting for death to take me away. I think I lost all hope right now. Let peace be with me where ever my next place I will be is. I am waiting for my time until I hear a wagon banging along the ground and two voices yelling out. It sounds like they’re talking to each other.

“Come on AJ, it’s going to be dead by the time we get there!” One of the voices says to the other. It sounds like that one female voice from before. Probably just me, dying out, going insane.

“Well you try pullin’ a wagon through these here hills!” This voice was different, kind of southern. Wow, my mind is just rolling with this crap now…

“Hey, I think I found it. Over here AJ! Hurry!” I open my eyes barely enough to see that one blue pegasus; now accompanied with an orange pony. This new pony has no wings and a yellowish mane and is pulling a wagon of some kind behind her.
.

While the orange pony unstraps herself from the cart she says, “Help me get it on the cart RD,” Now that is a smart pony, but then again, they know how to talk. That is creepy but I don’t care anymore…

They grab me with their hooves and lift me into the wagon. I had no idea ponies are this strong. Weird part is, I feel them touch me but, this can’t be real. Either way, I’m too out of it to care or for the most part, barely be awake. They start talking about bringing me to a barn or, something like that. I don’t know what good a barn will do but, I can’t really concentrate. Everything is going black and just…

~*~*~

“Um… Applebloom, could you just, um, hand me that rag?” A soft female voice says waking me up. Uh, where am I now? Dead? No… I still feel pain. So much pain. My head is just pounding with each weak heartbeat.

“Sure thing,” A young voice says with a southern accent almost like that one from before just, younger; then she trots away, wait trotted? Why am I hearing ponies and stuff like that? Am I on drugs right now to keep me alive and, why would there be a kid around right now?

“Anythin’ else ya need Fluttershy?” That was that one southern voice from before. She sounds worried. I guess I’m in the hospital or something. At least I know I’m awake but my eyes are still shut.

I hear a pony trot back over to my area, “Here ya go, but how will this help?” said the young pony. Well, now that I think it’s a young pony, I think it’s called a foal? Why am I thinking of this at this time…

“It will, help soak up the blood…” Well that’s not really something I want to hear but, that soft voice, it’s so, gentle. Just that sound makes me feel better until my heart beats away the nice feelings and the feeling of blood running down my face and neck take its place.

I start to hear a pony pacing around somewhere in front of me saying, “Where is Twilight? She said she would be here already!” It’s that one scratchy voice from before, the one who went and got me help. Well, I guess this is help. They sound like they are worried about me and rags to soak up the blood sounds better than just leaving me where I was.

“Calm down now RD, no need to get your mane in a knot,” says the older southern voice. I manage to open my eyes to see a yellow pegasus with a pink mane blocking most of its face before I have to blink to help clear the blood from my eyes.

I hear the pegasus in front of me squeal and back off from me. Adrenaline is still running through my body but I don’t have the strength to get up. I open my eyes back up to see four ponies in front of me. The two ponies, the blue one and orange one that came to my rescue, and now a yellow pegasus and a smaller yellow one with no wings. The foal has a red mane and a red bow in her hair. I take a second to look at the background. It looks like the inside of a barn. So that was what the two ponies said they were bringing me to.

The orange one trots over to me slowly, “Don’t ya worry; we’re not here ta hurt ya. We’re only tryin’ ta help,” She says in a soothing voice to try and calm me down. “We have a friend who’s good with magic an’ she can help ya, I promise,”

She looks at me, staring in my soul. It isn’t a bad stare but a reassuring type of one. She really is trying to help me, I feel like I can trust her but, trusting a pony. Now that is just weird but right now it seems to be the only way out of here. Also, did she say magic?

The ponies keep looking at me, they must be as scared of me as I am of them. I can’t blame them though. They must be confused, I mean, I sure am. I see colorful ponies for crying out loud but, it’s my only way out that I can tell. I look up at the orange pony in front of me and nod with all the energy I have left. I feel like I didn’t even move but I guess she understood.

“Fluttershy, don’t be scared now. We have ta help it. Applebloom, go get some more rags, RD go and try to find Twili…” She is cut off by the sound of the barn door swinging open.

A purple pony, wait, she has a horn. A unicorn, with a nicely groomed purple mane with a lighter purple and a pink highlight in her mane trots inside the barn. “Sorry I got here so late, I couldn’t find that one book on medical treatment.” She stops and focuses on me, her eyes narrow.

She just stares at me as if she knew something. I can tell her mind was racing. No one, or pony in this case, can have that expression and not be thinking of something big.

“Uh, Twilight. Are you alright?” The yellow pegasus says glancing worryingly at Twilight.

The purple unicorn, now named Twilight, whispers under her breath that I can barely make out, “Dear Celestia…” I have no idea if that is a bad thing or good thing.

“What’s wrong Twilight?” The blue pony ask trotting over to, what I believe is her friend. It makes sense right?

“Fluttershy, stop looking at me and start helping him. Applebloom, go get those rags you were told to get. Applejack, go get some water. Rainbow, go to the hospital and tell them we need a carriage down here now!” the purple pony says looking at each pony before walking over to me levitating a book out of her, back pack? No… uh, packs? I don’t know what to call them but wow, she really knows how to use magic? I guess unicorns really are magical.

Before I was able to see what else they were going to do, I unwillingly close my eyes from lack of strength and soon drift off, maybe to die, or recover with in what seems to be a whole new world…

Comments ( 19 )

A very compelling start you have here, TrueSoul.

990651 Thank you. For a first time writer, that means a lot.

this is very good
tracked
you may continue

Actually pretty good. Pacing just bothers me a bit. But otherwise good story for a first time writer True.

Enjoy this: i.imgur.com/nuR4V.gif

996040

Seconded.

not bad not bad at all. Ok screw it that was a perfect start please keep it up.

Love it! The opening is absolutly perfect. Not rushed and not too slow either! Faved and liked and looking forward to more chapters! :D

Hey bro its fluttershy444, Awesome job so far. Can't wait for more.

very compelling story can't w8 for the next chapter :twilightsmile:

:yay: my favourite fan fiction reader has written a fan fiction and I have to say this is amazing good sir i can't wait for you to update this story you earned a watch :pinkiehappy:

Hey bro it's TheElectricIguana, a viewer of all your videos and now a fan of your story. This is a great start and I have you favorited and have set the site to email me upon further updates. Hope to read more of the story soon and take care my friend.:yay:

Man i am really damn impressed!!! I can't wait for the next chapter.
Keep up the excellent work:twilightsmile:

To good i need MOAR:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

1052557 There will be soon. I just need to keep working on Chapter 2. It is in progress but not much has been done to it because I've been having a very, very busy month. Also, I need time to relax with my friends so I don't go insane.

incredible :pinkiegasp: amazing :yay: the best thing since underwere :rainbowdetermined2: IT IS SPECTACULER!!!!!!:derpytongue2:

1131781 But underwear isn't good... I mean, um... thank you for the compliment.:trollestia:

So… cancelled as in forever? Dose this mean that you've given up entirely, because I have not seen an update in over a year! But I liked your story, it had great potential, even though it looks similar to one out of the twelve stories I have not released yet. But if you want to continue, remember this to stop writers block, 'allow yourself to write shit'

-Lightning

Login or register to comment