• Published 15th Jun 2018
  • 1,873 Views, 96 Comments

Invasion of the Ecosystem: Rebooted - Cipher800



What if we were not the ones to go to Equestria? What if Earth's plants and animals, both alive and extinct alike, came to roam here instead? Well, we'll find out in this story, right here, right now.

  • ...
2
 96
 1,873

Raptors in Ponyville

"Hey, 'whatcha doing here?" Pinkie Pie asked as she jumped onto the couch along with her friends. "My Pinkie Senses have been tingling all day. One of the students reported about some bees stinging him without any rhyme or reason, and he told me that Twilight was experimenting on the severed stingers, and now, I'm here with you guys." the party pony explained.

"We were working on that same case, Pinkie. Applejack had a problem with an unknown species of insect. She tends to call those things 'tree mites' because they keep eating on her trees." Fluttershy said before putting her head down. "I never ever thought that my special talent would fail so badly." the Element of Kindness said before Twilight turned her attention to the termites as her horn glowed magenta.

"Alright, little guys, let's see why you are eating up Sweet Apple Acres." Twilight said as she cast a special spell on the termites in the bag, only to be shocked at the results. "This is impossible. I knew magic could do strange things, but there's no such magic influencing their behavior." the Princess of Friendship said, electing gasps from everyone in the room.

"But that's impossible. No animal could behave like that..." Fluttershy thought aloud.

"I thought so as well. But with the spell I had, I found that they were always like that all their lives." Twilight said as she walked towards the rest of the crew, who were just as shocked as she was. "And on another side note, I figured that they came from another world for whatever inexplicable reason." the Princess of Friendship added.

"Well, that explains why those strange-looking birds and lizard creatures are both in and around the areas of Ponyville and Canterlot." Pinkie Pie said.

"What!" everyone said simotaneously in shock.


Stalking within the open grasslands was something that looked like a bird, covered in feathers and all, but there were a few things off. Instead of a beak, there was a snout full of sharp, pointy teeth. The creature's tail was about the same length as the rest of the creature and was long and flexible, and the creature's wings had clawed fingers on them. This creature was a female Velociraptor mongoliensis. She roamed the ancient Gobi Desert in Mongolia on her lonesome until a flash of light transported her here. Sure, there was much more grass than usual, but that had its perks along with its problems. The brown and orange of her feathers slightly clashed with the green of the grass, making it slightly harder for camouflage herself.

As she stalked, she found an Equestrian boar, just minding his own business, and since she was quite hungry, she lunged in for the kill. The boar was totally surprised by the assault as the Velociraptor latched onto his back, the turkey-sized creature fitting just perfectly as she sank her hook into the boar's neck. The boar had never been in a situation like this, and tried to shake the raptor off his back, but in mere seconds, he succumbed to death. The mammal's meat, while it was not very filling, tasted unfamiliar to her, as her usual prey was the primitive ceratopsian, Protoceratops anderwsi.

But there was something else she needed to find. She needed to find a pack to be with since her last (and first) pack was destroyed in a sandstorm. She wasn't sure where she was and wandered aimlessly in the grasslands, calling out for any member of her species. So far, nothing had returned her calls. The Velociraptor tried once more, but this time, there was a response. She ran towards the source of it, and going towards the end of the grass, she met with two other raptors, one female and one male, both of which were packless. Eventually, the newly-formed pack managed to get out of the tall grass, looking out at the quaint little village of Ponyville. All three raptors locked eyes on these strange mammals, one of which was petting something familiar to them before it bit at the filly. Sure, it wasn't their usual Protoceratops, but they recognized it as a dinosaur, and as fast as they can, they ran for the dinosaur, a young adult who was a member of an unknown species of Pachycephalosaur found in Early Cretaceous Canada.

The ponies could only watch in sheer terror as the three raptors fought the Pachycephalosaur, and in a few minutes, the thing was brought down. The boar wasn't very filling to our little raptor, but the Pachycephalosaur was. The ponies have never seen predators, not even once, and this practice was unknown to them. The citizens of Ponyville instantly cowered and ran away, looking from behind various barrels, crates, buildings, you name it, as the raptors ate their fresh kill in peace, leaving whatever scraps that remained to the vultures. But on the other side of town, near Twilight's Castle, of course, there was a different story.

Five more Velociraptors were fighting an adult of an extinct species of pig known as Kubanochoerus gigas. The pig charged at the raptors, four of which jumped to the side, but the other one wasn't so lucky, have a date to the pig's face and was knocked into a nearby building. The other four raptors responded by jumping onto the Kubanochoerus, targeting its neck and back. The pig attempted to shake the raptors off its back, but only succeeded in two of them. The other two managed to grapple onto the creature's neck, the fifth raptor, by now had shook off the injuries, and latched onto the pig's neck and brought it down. Like with the pachycephalosaur, the Kubanochoerus was nothing but food to the raptors, who feasted on the pig's corpse.

All the while, a certain pink pony and her friends were watching the scene. <That poor, poor pig. He, she, whatever the guy is, was nothing more than... food to those things.> Sandy said. She never thought in all her life that it would be completely normal for any animal. But here they are, witnessing a group of raptors taking down the Kubanochoerus.

"I know, Sandy. I was shocked when I heard what Twilight said." Fluttershy replied as Twilight stared curiously (with a bit of fear dosed in as well) at the whole scene. "I never thought that I'd see this up close."

Twilight, on the other hand, was holding a notepad in her magic and began taking notes about the fight and how it played out. The Princess of Friendship was scared of these creatures. They appeared without warning, and they did not act like the creatures of Equestria, and were not dependant on the ponies for survival. Where they came from, every living thing does not live to live, but live to fight for survival. Twilight really wanted it to be the last of them, but she had this feeling deep within her that the invasion was far from over, and that it was just the beginning of a new era.