• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 1,808 Views, 17 Comments

Lupinranger vs Patranger in Equestria - Garfield23



Two Sentai teams who face of against a criminal gang known as the Ganglers but also each other and Equestria must choose it's side.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,808

Chapter 4- Countdown

There is nothing more maddening for a Gangler than losing your piece of the Lupin collection, regardless of how powerful that Gangler may be, combine that with the sin of anger and Angris was a gangler few would tangle with. With her piece of the Lupin Collection taken she decided to take her revenge on the one ranger she knew was too weak to stop her. Patgreen she knew lay near death but as she walked up the mountain that Canterlot sat on, not wanting to raise the alarm, she couldn’t shake the feeling someone was watching her. She looked around and couldn’t help her fury leading her blindly to call out “Who’s there!? I know you’re watching me!”

“You are a clever one” Came a voice from the darkness and out the darkness a single shot struck the rock face behind her “But I’m not going to let you take another sentai to death’s door….my death was hard enough to endure” there was suddenly a flash of lightening, revealing to Angris she was alone but if that was true the voice couldn’t be there.

“GHOST?!” Angris snapped knowing she now faced an enemy who feared not even death since he’d already died “You lie! You’re just some foolish pony trying to trick me” suddenly as she declared, firm in her belief that the voice was lying and that she could destroy the foolish trickster “Hell is all that awaits you! If you think trying to trick me by making me think you’re….”

“You assume I’m alone?” the voice suddenly asked but it sounded different “No we’re here…all of us”

“Who’s us!?” Angris demanded as she tried to find the source of the voice “Or is it the royal us!?” suddenly another flash of lightening showed her that she was surrounded by five sentai rangers in different costumes “Who are you!?”

“We are the sentai who never sleep and never surrender…we are the sentai who haunt evil’s nightmares” one of the sentai said dressed in yellow “but if you want a name….I’m Mika Koizumi” she then reached forward as the sentai powers disappeared replaced by Mika’s unchanged form “I also went by the name Yellow4 of Bioman”

Angris lashed out, trying to stab Mika with her horn but the sentai next to Mika grabbed her horn and forced it into the ground “I don’t particularly care for your style” the sentai said as he then added, Angris recognised his voice as the one who’d first spoken and now he introduced himself “I’m known as Gai Yuki…stabbed by a mugger” his powers disappeared too showing his face “But my other name was Black Condor”

The ranger directly behind Angris suddenly spoke “But we mustn’t let time burn away…like a candle” Angris had heard of many sentai but this story she’d heard this one “Burai...is my name” he then added “But you may call me, Dragonranger!”

“And you two!?” Angris snapped at two standing together looking they’d keep quiet “What are you the ghosts of Christmas past and present of something!?”

“Our names are Rio and Mele but I fail to see the point since we’ve achieved what we set out to do” the man said as Mele nodded “Say goodbye” at that moment the sentai disappeared leaving Angris looking around for them but then she looked up seeing Shining Armour flanked by the entire canterlot royal guard

“Oh shoot” Angris said in a deadpan voice.

“I’d think about something a lot more severe” Shining said his voice laced with venom “You’ll pay for what you did to the ponies of Canterlot” then Angris began laughing her voice was chilling to all gathered but Shining then added “Laughter is all you’ve got left….enjoy it”

“Oh! I’m sorry but the sheer idea you ponies would think threatening me…would do any good?! I may be hurt but I’m still a gangler! And you are all still beneath me!” her eyes suddenly shone bright as she prepared to kill as many ponies as she could.

“Please forgive my late arrival” a voice said from behind Shining, all turned to face the newcomer who walked up looking slightly bored by all the attention “So you’re a gangler? You don’t strike me as all that impressive but aw well” the person then added “I hope you’ve cherished life because after tonight…your life will be through”

“Big talk for some sentai fool!” Angris snapped but then she saw the new foe draw his weapon. The long blade put pause to the thoughts of fighting this new enemy but Angris then snarled “With this body, I cannot lose to some sentai!” however with a single strike of the warrior’s blade, Angris fell with an almighty explosion and her last words were words of victory “The spell will never be undone!”

“NOOOOO!” Shining screamed as Angris passed on. After the warrior put his sword away, he walked away but Shining snapped “Who are you?!” but the warrior said nothing as he walked away and Shining couldn’t think of a way to stop them “I want the hospital where Bravesteel and Sakuya are to be put under watch” he then had a thought “Also get me a scroll and some ink”

Next morning

“This ain’t right” Applebloom said as the CMC met in their club house, they’d gathered to discuss the previous day’s events and what they were going to do about it “I wish we coulda asked Kairi more about this Sakuya fella”

“But Applebloom we’re just fillies” Sweetie Belle pointed out as she two looked down at the floor and then added “We’re just not…meant for this sort of thing…maybe we should focus on our cutie marks?” Scootaloo and Applebloom shook their heads as the door to their clubhouse then opened “Huh?” but there wasn’t anyone there.

“Hello?” Applebloom asked as she approached the door “I guess no pony is…”

“Bonjour!” said a voice from the podium “Oh sorry maybe I should have waited at the door?” a man said standing in a basic T-shirt and jeans “Please allow me to introduce myself…my name is Noel” the CMC were silent for a long moment “Well if you do not mind me saying this treehouse is very bon”

“Um thanks” Applebloom said unsure how to deal with the intruder “Are ya a friend of Kairi?”

“Well not yet but I hope soon to be” Noel said as he bowed with a big smile on his face “But I came to extend a thank you for looking out for Sakuya” the CMC felt even more lost “But I don’t suppose I could stay here for a little bit?”

“Uhhh What do ya think Scootaloo?” Applebloom asked still really unsure of what to say next to the person that stood before them.

“I…I…Sweetie belle?” Scootaloo asked.

“I really don’t know” Sweetie Belle said at as much a loss as her friends “I mean he certainly seems nice”

“Merci” Noel said kindly as he then added “By the way I did bring a present” he opened a box and within was a beautiful selection of cakes “I hope this is enough to earn my keep?” Sweetie Belle tried one of the cakes with a testing bite “So do they meet your satisfaction?”

“MMMM it’s delicious!” Sweetie Belle said happily as she took another bite “Mmmm Sugar cube corner?”

“Sorry I got these back in Tokyo…thought it’d be good to bring some” Noel said as he helped himself to a cake “So forgive my boldness but what is a cutie mark? I heard you three talking about them” he then added “They must be really important?”

“A cutie mark is what tells us what we’re good at” Scootaloo said bluntly and she then added “All ponies have them, don’t you humans have them?” Noel shook his head “Then why’d the Lupinrangers have them?” remembering their argument with Kairi and how he did have one “I mean how do ya know what ya’re good at?”

“I don’t know how to give an answer to that last point but the reason Kairi had one is because the portal the Lupinrangers and Patrangers went through was very unstable. By the laws of probability it should have killed them” Noel said sounding very cross all of a sudden “The only reason they weren’t was the magic of this realm turned them into ponies to save them. From your description of cutie marks I’d say Kairi just knows what he is meant to do thus why they have cutie marks”

“That…makes sense?” Applebloom asked slowly but Sweetie belle and Scootaloo just looked lost as Applebloom sighed “It’s easy…they were lucky”

“OHHHHH!” Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle said together.

“I suppose I should explain how I got here?” Noel asked and Applebloom nodded “Alright well simply put the sentai of Earth have decided that the situation is serious enough to warrant getting together a sentai taskforce to help defeat the ganglers that came here and take the Lupinrangers and Patrangers back to Earth”

“Why? How long do you have?” Sweetie Belle asked slowly fearing the answer.

“About a fortnight” Noel said sadly and then added “If we’re unsuccessful…the Patrangers and Lupinrangers will remain as ponies forever but also the other ganglers will find this world by locking onto the ganglers that are already here” he paused and whispered “If that were to happen…the consequences do not bear thinking about”

“Wait but the Lupinrangers turned back into humans when they changed?” Sweetie Belle asked feeling very confused but then she remembered what had happened when Touma had been beaten by Dekamaster “Ohhh”

“Yeah…we’re in a tight position. Pox Pride the leader of the Seven Deadly sins Ganglers is as mean as they come and is equally powerful. It why a task force has been chosen as it seems to be the only option that won’t end with both our worlds being put at grave risk” Noel mumbled as he took a bite out of an apple. The sounds of orchard for a moment overwhelmed the clubhouse till Noel sighed “I suppose I should tell you who is in the task force?”

“Not going to mean anything to us?” Scootaloo grumbled but then added “But if we’re going to tell Kairi I suppose we’d better know some names?” suddenly there came a sound of movement from outside “What the!?” Scootaloo ran to the window and saw a Pegasus pony flying towards Canterlot “Oh no”

Canterlot palace

“So one of the ganglers was taken down?” Celestia asked as Shining told Celestia, Luna, Keiichiro and Tsukasa about the events of the previous night “At the moment we’re still no closer to figuring out how to undo the effects of the spell….the only thing we’ve learned is…if the spell isn’t undone within 24 hours of the spell being cast…they’ll be stuck that way forever”

Luna sighed “This is very serious…if this is what one gangler can do…we’re going to be overwhelmed” she then noticed Celestia’s expression “Is something wrong sister?”

“Twilight hasn’t gotten back to me…I send her a letter a few hours ago and still nothing” Celestia said as she kept expecting one of Spike’s scrolls to suddenly arrive “This isn’t like her” she then asked Keiichiro “Do you know if there’s any way to undo the effects of the spell?”

“It was likely done by a piece of the Lupin collection and unless we can get our hands on that piece…it’s likely we can’t undo it” Tsukasa said honestly and then asked Shining “Was the vault on the gangler opened by this mystery sentai?”

“No but if was full then Angris would have used it to defend herself” Shining responded he however was thinking about Twilight “So that’s doubly odd…Twilight not answering a message from Celestia and the artefact not being in the safe?” Tsukasa nodded and Shining growled “I smell a rat!” as he spoke the doctor from the hospital entered.

“Oh well I admit my new shampoo isn’t very appealing but that seems harsh” the doctor joked as he entered the room, pulling out Bravesteel and Sakuya’s files “Well there’s some good news, Sakuya’s injury was easy to heal but I will recommend he takes a full week of bed rest” he then sighed “Bravesteel on the other hand…he was hit by quite a dangerous magical blast…his nervous system isn’t doing well. He’s not responding well to our treatment”

Shining knew Bravesteel wouldn’t take the news well, until Feathertail was saved, he’d never give up and he said “Bravesteel is a loyal soldier and won’t likely give up” there was a general agreement of those gathered “But I can’t help but wonder who this new warrior is…if he was there to help…he certainly seemed more focused on destroying the gangler than undoing the effects of that artefact?”

“What has my brain working in overdrive is…this Twilight Sparkle and her friends have saved this planet before?” Keiichiro asked as Celestia and Luna nodded “If she isn’t responding…I’d like to meet this Twilight sparkle?”

Celestia nodded and said “I feel there is…” suddenly the door burst open and in flew a Pegasus, he bowed low as he approached and Celestia nodded “Scout? What do you have to report?” she had deployed the scout the previous day to hunt down the Angris.

“Princesses! Forgive my late arrival but I was following a lead” the scout said as he then added “There seems to a strange creature who has approached three fillies in Ponyville. I saw him enter a treehouse on a section of farmland” the princesses looked worried “He had brought cakes from a place called Tokyo”

“WHAT!?” Tsukasa said in alarm “That could be one of the other sentai!”

“Yeah but why would he approach a group of children?” Keiichiro asked unsure of the motive “Did you see him change into a powered up form or was he already powered up? If so what features did his outfit have in his powered up form?”

“Ummm well he wasn’t wearing anything unusual” the scout said honestly “But he didn’t seem to mean any harm” he then said “But the creature said something that I can’t shake….he said the sentai will have less than two weeks before the damage done will be too much” the scout then took a breath as he produced a letter from his saddle bags “I got word from a Pegasus as I was flying back…Manehattan is under attack!”

“WHAT?! By who?!” Tsukasa asked in surprise as the scout nodded and added her the letter “So the enemy is called Discord?”

“That can’t be!?” Celestia said in horror as she added “He was reformed by Twilight and her friends not a week ago! And last I saw him he was….”

“Oh? Is somepony talking about me?” Discord appeared with a mug of coffee “I’m sorry Celestia…I wasn’t aware we had guests?”

“Why did you attack, Manehattan!” Luna snapped as she threw the letter at Discord who picked it up and shrugged “That’s it!? A shrug!? Do you have any idea how much damage you’ve done!?” Discord shook his head looking a little surprised “We should just have you frozen in stone again! I told you, Celestia it was a bad idea to try reforming him!”

“Well hang on! It wasn’t me!” Discord said sounding cross “I’ve been moving my stuff into my new place! It’s not easy being this chaotic! It takes hard work!” as he spoke his appearance changed to look like a mayoral candidate “I will not be smeared!”

“Okay?” Celestia said as she shook her head and sighed “Weird outfits aside…Discord do you promise you weren’t in Manehattan?” Discord shook his head “Right…because you have a history of lying”

“I hereby swear that I am up to no good but not in Manehattan” Discord said as his outfit changed to a black robe and red scarf “I promise! Look if you don’t think I was involved…May I remind you that Lulu’s previous form, Nightmare Moon returned!?” Luna sighed shaking her head but then nodded “So is it possible the group attacking are taking on the forms of Equestria’s enemies weather current or past!?” Celestia nodded “Thank you!”

“I have to admit that is a good point” Keiichiro sighed and added “So I suppose we’d better get a move on!” he pulled out his VS charger with his mouth “Police Change!” after pulling the trigger with his tongue he morphed “Patren 1!” he smiled in his helmet “It worked! Alright!”

“Looks like we’ll be able to get to that city quickly!” Tsukasa said as she too pulled out her VS charger “Police change!” she too had to pull the trigger with her tongue “Keep an eye on Sakuya” she asked Celestia as she then added “Oh and keep an eye on that Twilight!”

Discord ruffled his body “Right if some Gangler is giving me a bad name, the least I can do is get you there to put a stop to it!” he snapped his fingers and the two sentai disappeared in a flash of light “But I get a feeling…”

Manehattan

“Oh now this is fun!” the fake Discord said as he dangled a filly by her tail over an abyss between two buildings, laughing as she struggled to try and get her hooves on flat ground “Oh poor earth pony…can’t fly? That’s a pity looks like you’re going to be a pancake! And as the sin of gluttony I love pancakes!”

“Please…don’t!” Babs begged as she flopped about and began to cry “I don’t want to die! Somepony help me!” but all the other ponies were glued to the ground “Somepony help!” she repeated but again despite how the pegasie tried they couldn’t take off “Please…please don’t”

“Stop it you monster!” a pony from the crowd yelled as she tried to get free from the glue “Don’t hurt her!”

“Oh don’t worry I won’t hurt her but the ground will! Hahahaha oh all I have to do is drop you like a stone!” fake discord said licking Bab’s cheek to drive the fact home she was helpless to stop him “But I suppose before I kill you….I may as well tell you who I am. I am the sin of gluttony…they call me Bottomless Gut…my artefact piece is now worthless but with these powers who cares!” he laughed again “I love it getting to toy with my prey…don’t worry filly I’ll make sure to saviour your death”

“No…No…” Babs begged but suddenly a pegasie rushed up and grabbed her pulling her free of Gut’s grip “Oh thank you!”

“Babs are you okay!?” Rainbow said as she landed with Babs shaking in her hooves on a nearby building “You’ll pay for this! How dare you!?” she yelled at Gut but as she spoke Bottomless Gut laughed again “What’s so funny?!”

“You are….you ponies are nothing compared to me! I am a Gangler and your specie is nothing but pure weakness!” Gut boasted as he pulled up another Earth pony “You can’t save them all…I’ll make sure to plunk your wings before I drop you…hahaha no Lupin or Patrangers here to save you!”

“Like I need saving!” Rainbow snapped as she flexed her wings

“It’s not even sporting….here this might make things interesting” Gut laughed as he opened his safe and threw over his artefact “It allows me to cover any target in glue but with these new powers I can do that anyway. At least now it’ll be fun to take you apart…Discord’s memories are fun but I know his failures and you are part of it!”

“Do you ever stop talking?” Rainbow asked sounding board “And like I need your stupid toy! I’ll take you down in 20 seconds flat!”

“Then bring it on” Gut said as he raised a single talon “But you better hurry or my grip will slip!” he allowed the stallion to fall a few inches and laughed as the stallion screamed “Oh he’s a loud one! AHAH!” he wagged his claw “When I’m ready or I’ll drop this weakling to the ground!”

Rainbow was forced to remain where she was but suddenly a flash of red passed her and the ponies disappeared “HUH!?”

“Forgive me…I didn’t mean to interrupt” a sentai said as he readied his weapon and looked towards Gut who looked plain mad “I have to say…it may have been a while but I swear these guys always look strange but I think they’re getting stranger”

“And just who are you!?” Gut snapped as he looked around “Because after that little stunt I want to know what name to put on your tomb stone!”

“Oh sorry out of living shields? My apologies but I thought this would be more fun” the warrior said as he twirled his weapon “The Burning Flame Elemental! Magician of the Red! Magired!” he then took off his helmet “Or you can just call me Kai Ozu”

“Great another One” Rainbow deadpanned as she sighed “Just how many sentai are there?”

“A lot” Kai said as suddenly Patred and Patpink appeared “Oh hello…you must be the Patrangers? I’m Magired…I was called in to help…it’s been a funny day. I mean directions here were a nightmare…ran into a Minotaur, could have given my brother a run for his money with his needless talking”

“You’re Magired?” Patpink asked feeling confused as she looked at him “And who are you?” looking at Rainbow “Your hair is amazing! Where can I get a…never mind” remembering where she was before asking if there was a teddy with a mane like Rainbow’s mane “Wait a second! Do you know a Twilight?!”

“Yeah. My name is Rainbow Dash, I guess you could call me the element of loyalty” Rainbow said slowly and then she realised who they must be “Wait you’re the Patrangers?”

“Heard of us? That’s a bit surprising” Patred said but then added “Celestia told us that her student and her friends weren’t making contact…so you either have been very busy or you’ve met the Lupinrangers! And therefore we’ll need to talk…”

“Enough! I will not be ignored!” Gut snapped as he readied himself with his powers on full and glowed with power.

“Oh you’re still here?” Magired sighed as he put his helmet back on “Maybe we can argue after beating this creep? I hope you won’t mind us kicking your ass but we’ve got a job to do. Miss Dash please stay back” but Rainbow flew forward and smacked Gut in the face with her fore hooves. The force of the impact made Gut fall backwards and hit the building behind him “Or you…could…do that?”

“Well with us down a ranger…it certainly is nice to meet a pony who can hold her own” Patpink joked as she aimed her VS charger at Gut and fired as he got up “Opps sorry couldn’t resist!” Gut roared in anger as he clicked his claws but before the magic could take effect Magired jumped forward with his magistick in sword mode.

Gut roared in pain and screamed “Ahhh you little sh…”

“Language!” said a voice from above as Gut found his mouth zipped shut and Discord lowered himself to the ground “You dare to copy me? You’re version of chaos is rather…pedestrian and is an insult to my good sense of taste”

“What taste?” Rainbow whispered to Magired

“I heard that” Discord said through grit teeth as he turned back to Gut who was looking surprised to see Discord “As it is…your magic is merely a weak mimic of my great power! I have centuries of experience with my magic as opposed to your mere day of power”

“You fool! I am a gangler! How long do you think we’ve been around!? Wielding power is as natural to us as breathing!” Gut roared as he suddenly made the weather change quickly from raining chocolate rain to hailing marshmallows and finally followed with a deep darkness “Witness my power!”

“Oh good grief. I think he has a bigger mouth than you Discord” Rainbow groaned as she flew forward and slammed into Gut’s face but he disappeared before reappearing behind her “What the!?” but before Gut could strike he suddenly froze as he looked back to see another sentai clad in red standing there.

“No…no! NOOOOO!” Gut fell forward and exploded as the sentai put their sword back in place.

With this the battle was brought to a close and Patred approached the unknown red sentai, he didn’t know who it was but he felt strangely confused “Who are you!?”

Author's Note:

Well that wasn't easy. I have to be honest I'm not sure how well that chapter came out. I'm not entirely happy with it but with Lupinranger Vs Patranger at an end I'm eager to finish this. Now it's time for some fun. Who do you want the two mysterious sentai to be. The first one was the one who took Angris down and the other who took Gut down.

Tell me who you want and we'll see.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment