• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 1,787 Views, 17 Comments

Lupinranger vs Patranger in Equestria - Garfield23



Two Sentai teams who face of against a criminal gang known as the Ganglers but also each other and Equestria must choose it's side.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,787

Chapter 3- One down

“I hope this works” Kairi groaned as he sat in Carousel Boutique as Rarity carefully measured his torso with a measuring tape and smiled at the measurements. She then measured the inside of his leg which caused Kairi to gasp as he tried to not let Rarity know he felt a little uneasy “I really hope this cover works or I’m never going to live this down”

Rarity checked the tape and took the notes needed for the measurements but then she heard Kairi “Oh relax…I’ve been looking for a Pegasus Stallion to base a new line off and you are perfect…not to mention quite a handsome stallion” Kairi looked away trying to hide his nervous look and Rarity blushed “But if you don’t mind me saying…hmmm…that red spandex isn’t too…well…flattering”

Kairi groaned “Yeah well I’m new here but I know my outfit looks badass when I’m human” as he spoke he looked out the window “You know when I was given my VS charger….I don’t think I would have been able to see this…happening and…” he then paused as he considered that day a bit more and was unsure how to finish his thought.

Rarity looked up as Kairi went quiet and she couldn’t help her curiosity “What’s wrong?”

“Hmm…I’m not sure where to start. I mean obviously I never could have predicted I’d end up becoming a pony of all things” he admitted shaking his head sadly as he then covered for it by laughing “Or for that matter a pony fashion model” however despite his laughter he could tell Rarity wasn’t buying it so his laughter grew strained and then he began to think back “But this feels like…I’m letting my brother…” however the words died on his tongue as he couldn’t bring himself to end that sentence “I…I…I’m beginning to feel like I’m letting him down and…I can’t…face that. My hope for the future is dying Rarity….how can one believe in hope when life keeps putting you down” Rarity however was looking through a drawer trying to hide her reaction. She then pulled out a photo and used her magic to hover it over to Kairi.

“You that photo is from Shining Armour and Cadence’s wedding” Rarity said with a strange smile upon her face but Kairi looked cross as he looked at the photo of Rarity dancing and was about to voice his anger when Rarity cut him off “Hope is a strange power…I can’t pretend to understand it completely but that wedding showed me something that will stick with me to my dying day” she laughed and added “Do you know what I saw?”

“Wedding problems?” Kairi guessed clueless to where Rarity was going with this.

“No, Darling. I suppose those are different from wedding to wedding but this was a changeling invasion” Rarity explained

Kairi looked at her expecting a weird punchline…he’d never even heard of changeling and it sounded made up “Well…that’s a new one” he finally admitted with a sigh “What happened?”

“Before we thought Twilight was being overly protective of her brother and disliking the bride but she was right. Any other pony would have probably lost hope” Rarity admitted as she looked down at her hooves “Their friends doubting them, their brother rejecting them and their teacher disappointed in them”

“and not getting a bit of wedding cake” Kairi joked.

“Yes I suppose” Rarity said a bit ruffled “My point is despite us doubting her, a massive changeling army and then us being captured….I didn’t see Twilight show any signs of losing her hope that things would work out” she continued as she put a pin into the outfit Kairi was wearing “However a few weeks earlier I saw her lose hope completely when her love it, need it spell backfired and Celestia looked set to punish her” she then smiled and put on final pin in “It just goes to show hope is a funny thing…I would have said the Changeling invasion was much worse than Celestia being cross with her but Twilight and I are different. Hope affects us all differently”

Kairi looked down, sighing sadly and said “That’s a good point and I have to say it’s clear Twilight is a pony worth respecting” he then looked away, trying to hide his feelings as they overwhelmed him and he added “It’s a really good point but…”

“But?” Rarity asked kindly as Kairi sniffed “There are times when it all gets too much right?”

Kairi nodded before he whispered “Thank you, Rarity” he then regained his composure and smiled brightly. Seeing the other pony smiling so earnestly got Rarity smiling too “You know you should drop the fashion stuff and become a psychiatrist”

“Just for that you can model clothes for Rainbow Dash” Rarity huffed as Kairi looked alarmed and she said “Kidding….but at least you’re smiling again”

“Well if it’ll mean I don’t have to model anymore mare clothing…I take back the psychiatrist crack” Kairi tried desperate to avoid that outcome since he could see which clothes Rarity had in mind as the outfit lay only metres away labelled Rainbow “I mean really you’d be just terrible!”

Rarity’s eyebrows shot up and she smirked evilly “Do you want a shovel or are you just going to keep digging yourself into a deeper hole?” she asked overly sweetly and lifted the dress for Rainbow in her magic “Now onto…Sweetie Belle?” she had just noticed the time and there was no sign of Sweetie “She promised to be back an hour ago!” Rarity hissed.

“Why is something wrong?” Kairi asked as he walked to the window “And you have a sister?” he smiled with sad eyes, slightly jealous of Rarity and added “And I’ll bet she’s as kind as her sister….” He began meaning to add something about Sweetie helping a random pony.

“Now see here my father is the fishing pony in this shop” Rarity sighed with a slight giggle as she felt she could tell why he’d said it “And to be clear you are still modelling that dress” she sighed, however as the minutes passed she began to worry and she began to pace “She should have been back….by now…this isn’t like her…oh dear…oh no!”

“Uhhh Rarity is your sister a small white unicorn with light purple hair…I…I mean mane?” Kairi asked slowly as he looked out as three small fillies were approaching the shop “And does she hang out with a small yellow pony and an orange one?”

“Yes?” Rarity asked as she turned round to face Kairi “Why?”

“Because there’s three small ponies outside running this way” Kairi said in a slightly annoyed tone “I mean I’ve only been here a few hours…but you two do look a bit similar”

Rarity groaned but before she had time to respond the CMC nearly knocked the door off its hinges as they came charging in and began to all squeal at once in a mad panic “Rarity! Rarity! Green pony! Fell from Sky! Princess Luna! He’s badly hurt!” then Applebloom spat out a VS charger onto the floor.

“Pat Green! Was he alive!?” Kairi asked sounding very concerned “Please slow down! You’ve got to tell us what happened?!” He then looked down and added “Please?”

Sweetie Belle’s look was one of complete surprise by the stallion’s questions but that swiftly turned to mistrust “Yeah he was alive but who the heck are you?”

Scootaloo however didn’t give Kairi the chance to respond as she snapped “Better question how’d you know the green pony’s name?” she poked him right in the chest as she spoke “And you better have a good answer!”

“Well actually Pat Green isn’t his name….it’s the name of his powers” Kairi began to explain but then Applebloom pushed forward, if Sweetie and Scootaloo looked cross….Applebloom looked like she’d murder Kairi if he misspoke “Um what’s wrong?”

“I reckon ya’re the one who hurt him!” Applebloom snapped as she added “How else would ya know?!”

Kairi at first said nothing but then his face broke into a grin and then a fully belly laugh. The fillies approached him slowly and angrily “You cannot be serious? Pat Green and I are not the best of friends but I’d never….”

“Don’t ya dare! Ya think lying ta us will help?!” Applebloom yelled so loud that she had to take a deep breath before saying anything further “He…was…barely alive when we found him!” at that Kairi stopped laughing, Applebloom’s eyes looked at him with pure hatred and Kairi sighed trying to think of a response.

Rarity suddenly put herself between the fillies and Kairi looking cross “Now girls! That’s enough! You don’t know him and yet you’re accusing him unfairly! I understand your concerned about this Pat Green but Kairi is innocent!”

“But Rarity!” Sweetie Belle screamed indignity “He….” However the look that Rarity gave her gave the filly pause to calm down and Kairi smiled glad Rarity was on their side.

Scootaloo however was not put off “If he’s innocent then how’d he know the pony in green?!”

“Pat Green or has he is known outside the costume, Sakuya Hikawa and I are from rival Sentai teams….but I’d never try to….go that far” Kairi said sadly as he then decided to make a correction “I did once….Sakuya’s team mate, Keiichiro and I had a pretty serious fight and I nearly went too far on that occasion” he paused and added “I promise on my VS charger that I’d never go that far!”

Despite the sound of his conviction, the CMC didn’t seem convinced and even if possible, more angry but then Rarity coughed saying “I think there may be a way to prove that Kairi is telling the truth…let’s go see Pinkie”

--------------------------------------------------------

In Sugarcube corner it was all go, as Touma had shown his usual bluntness when trying on of Pinkie’s cupcakes “All I said was that they were a bit bland! I didn’t mean any offence. As it is, I probably couldn’t show you how’d I make similar cakes because…” he lifted his forehooves up and waved them “My hands aren’t around anymore!”

“What are hands?” Pinkie asked as she felt strangely clueless as Lyra approached looking very happy but then Pinkie added “Doesn’t matter! My cupcakes are good!”

“Again all I said was bland! That doesn’t mean good or bad!” Touma sighed as he then rubbed his chin with his new hoof “I’ve got an idea…have you ever considered adding a sprinkle of…oh wait…that wouldn’t work…umm I’m so use to Earth ingredients…well..” for the next few minutes he ran through a variety of options he could think of to improve the cupcakes. However suddenly a shock wave struck the building knocking over both ponies “What was that!?”

Pinkie’s pinkie sense suddenly went into overdrive as another shockwave dislodged the light fitting from the ceiling and she managed to push Touma out of the way “I don’t know!” then she dodged as a blast of energy nearly demolished Sugarcube corner. It was by pure luck that one pony was hurt but then a cold laugh filled the air “It can’t be!”

Nightmare moon looked down and Pinkie with a cruel smirk “You are one of the foolish mares who defeated this form but now with my superior mind…I know all I need do to stop you six…is remove one!” Angris boasted, she failed to notice Touma “And now with no Pat or lupin losers…now of you stand a…” SPLAT a cherry pie struck Angris’ face as she looked round to see Touma standing on his hide legs looking determined “That was a big mistake little pony! You. Are. Doomed!”

“I don’t think so” Touma said as he had to try, Pinkie may have been strange but she was nice. He lifted his VS charger with his forehooves and then thinking fast used his wings to turn the dial “2….6….2!” he struggled but finally the transformation started “YES!” as Touma had suspected as he transformed the powers had been able to turn him back into a human so he snapped his fingers “LUPIN BLUE!”

“WHAT?!” Angris hissed as Touma took a step forward “So you survived!”

“And now I’m going to take your piece of the Lupin collection!” Touma said as he pointed his VS charger at her “Unless you just want to give it to me?”

“Oh you’re funny! Alright then! Try it!” Angris snapped her anger getting the best of her and she used the piece of the Lupin collection. The sound pulsed out and Touma did dodge it but Pinkie wasn’t so lucky “YES!”

“Pinkie!” Touma yelled in horror, she’d been turned to Pink plastic and Touma watched as other ponies in the area were affected “That was a big mistake! Now I’m going to take you apart! Piece by piece!” but the question was how Touma had dodged the wave and was fast enough to continue to do so. However without the other Lupinrangers or even the Patrangers…he couldn’t get the artefact. Plus he could tell Angris was now a lot stronger. He ducked behind cover as Angris fired a bolt of lightning “Damn it!”

“Come on…ranger…I thought you were going to take me down?” Angris mocked as she added “Better hurry up…if you don’t do something you’re new friend will be pink plastic forever” she laughed even louder but then added darkly “Once I’ve killed you…your pathetic dream will be history too!”

At that moment a blast of magic energy hit Angris from her right and as she turned she saw Twilight standing with Rainbow Dash “You’ll pay for that!” Rainbow Dash yelled as she flew straight forward and smacked Angris across the face “Turn Pinkie back! Do it now!?”

“You know I’ve already killed another stupid Pegasus who thought he could take me on!” Angris snapped as she blasted at Rainbow but Rainbow kept bobbing and weaving to avoid any direct hits from the gangler “HOLD STILL!” Twilight then blasted Angris with another blast of magic “Oh I’ve had enough! Time to use…” 3…4….0, Touma pulled the artefact from the safe on Angris’ underside “NO!”

“Hmm no more annoying sound wave for you” Touma said as he shot Angris in the face and jumped down “You really forgot I was here”

“Be that as it may you are still no match for me” Angris said as she looked at the artefact in Touma’s grasp “I have a very powerful body and no one here is a match!” suddenly two blasts hit her on either side of the face “HUH!”

“Lupinred!”

“Lupinyellow!”

The two other Lupinrangers had arrived with the CMC, Rarity and Applejack “Ya all look ya could use some help!” Applejack said as she smiled “Do ya have a plan?”

Umika smiled in her helmet and said “Oh we are the plan!”

The gathered ponies and the rangers prepared for battle but there was a bright flash in the sky as the rangers and ponies covered their eyes, Angris slipped away and flew back to the Everfree forest. Then what every pony saw caught them by surprise several lights heading in various directions. However the one that drew the most concerning prospect was one headed right for them. As it crashed into the ground the Lupinrangers readied their weapons “Put those down!” a voice sounded from the crater and out stepped a sight none gathered had expected. Dekamaster stepped out unponyfied “So you must be the Lupinrangers? You are all under arrest!” Dekamaster drew his sword as he approached but then he noticed the ponies “Natives? Hmm well…I expected no less”

“Who are you!?” Umika snapped.

“I am Dekamaster! But not to worry you’ll have plenty of time to remember my name once you’re all in custody” Dekamaster said coldly.

“OH! YEAH!” Rainbow snapped flying straight at Dekamaster who side stepped her easily “What?! oh damn it!” Rainbow swooped round and kept trying to hit him but Dekamaster seemed bored by her “Come on!”

“You are wasting my time” Dekamaster said as he blocked an attack from Umika and then jumped over Kairi who dived for Dekamaster's weapon but finished with a slash across Touma that forced him to power down and back into a pony “So I see you 6 went through an unstable portal…that’s interesting” as he approached the down Touma he was hit in the chest by a blast of magic knocking him several feet back “What the?!”

“Twilight!” the others called out as her horn was smoking after such a powerful attack.

“So you attack an officer of Special Police Dekaranger!” Dekamaster said sounding rather bored but Twilight fired another attack which grazed Dekamaster's shoulder but also created a cloud of sparks “Hmm impressive but nothing I can’t…” Fluttershy was standing in his way, having just arrived, she looked furious and her eyes were white hot with anger “I…I..I..I…” Dekamaster couldn’t look away as her eyes bore into his even behind the helmet Doggie couldn’t resist the stare and gulped finding the last part of his resistance to ask nicely “I…please step aside?”

However Fluttershy didn’t move all she did was step closer and say “Put the sword down” Dekamaster obeyed dropping the sword to the floor and then she added “Take off the suit!” again Dekamaster obeyed and powered down “Now tell us why you want to arrest our friends!?"

Author's Note:

Okay I'm really sorry for the long delay but it's finally done. I know I've probably made mistakes like spelling Japanese names wrong but I tried and I keep seeing different ways to spell the names. Dekamaster being included was a choice I was saving for a later chapter but I thought it'd be good to have him in the story early. Also the idea of Fluttershy making him back off was too funny to resist.