• Published 14th Jun 2018
  • 598 Views, 11 Comments

Straight Shot: Expanding the World! - WozWuzHere



A set of humans are pulled from different versions of Earth to protect the Elements of Harmony and their bearers. Explosions and shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
 11
 598

Chapter 3- Ups and Downs

Chapter 3- Ups and Downs

A couple days passed since the Nightmare Moon incident was sorted.

Things have settled down for the most part, and I've been doing my best to integrate myself into the town.

I'm living in the Golden Oaks Library these days. It's a nice little thing, at the very least I have a roof over my head. I still feel like I need to start making some money somehow- pretty sure the currency from the human world is no good here... Though I also still wonder a few things about this arrangement.

Twilight's been great as a roomie, and while she claims she wants to house me as gratitude for saving them and the princesses from Nether's schemes, I'm starting to think it's less gratitude and more that she keeps me around as her eye candy. I have seen her staring a few times. Admittedly, I'm not opposed to the idea of having a girlfriend from here, but... Well, that's something I don't want to go into right now. Too sad.

Anyway, today I've been practicing using the Element Gun. I admit- I kinda got lucky with the last fight, and I need to learn how to use this more effectively, so I've devised a couple training exercises...

"Alright Twi, you ready?" I asked her, as she stood by a machine we made.

"It's 6 targets right?" She was confirming. "Ready...go!"

Twilight flipped the switch on the machine. In a couple seconds, a clay disc shot out of the machine.

I took aim at the target and shot...and missed.

"Gah. Alright, keep going!"

Another clay disc was launched. I was trying my best, but I just couldn't hit the thing.

A few rounds later...

"Well, you hit one out of six...at least you managed to hit one?" Twilight said, albeit without much confidence.

"Eh...I need to get better at using this thing. If something else comes up, especially Nether, I need to be ready."

I flopped on the grass, and stared at the sky. One thing that is definitely different about this world is how unpolluted it is. The sky is incredibly clear. Twilight looks down at me with a look of confusion.

"You know, you don't have to keep pushing yourself, Claus. Everyone in town pretty much loves you for standing up for them at the Summer Sun Festival."

"Still...I can't help but feel antsy about things." I rolled a bit, trying to relax.

"Hmm...oh, that reminds me, unless Phoenix mentioned this already..."

"Eh? Phoenix hasn't said much to me recently. I figured I'd give him a rest. What's up?"

"Well, I guess he had some of his other friends call humans as well, some of them are supposed to be arriving soon." Wait, what?! That's news.

"Really? When?"

I asked, but was cutoff at what appeared to be another human falling out of the sky into the nearby clothes store Rarity ran. Uh-oh...

"...About 4 seconds ago." Twilight pinched her nose bridge.

"Come on, let's go grab him and keep him from freaking out." I stood up and started making my way over there.

"It's not the new human I'm worried about though..."


-----

Unfortunately, the new arrival definitely made an... Impact. The Carousel Boutique was a mess, with clothes strewn hither tither in the display.

I knocked on the door... As it fell off its hinges. "Uh...Rarity? You in?"

Rarity popped into view at the door, looking flustered and angry.

"Ah, there you are Claus! You too Twilight! Help me clean this place up!"

The flustered unicorn grabbed us and pulled us both inside. Straight to business then. We started helping her repair and restore the storefront.

"So, I take it the new guy landed..."

"Right in the middle of the store! And not only that, but the crash ruined a few of my new dresses! When this one wakes up, I am going to have words with him!"

Rarity was mad alright. She was a sweet girl, generous to a fault, and loved making clothes, but she definitely had her dramatic moments. This was one of them...

A few minutes later, we had cleaned up enough of the store, although many things would have to be repaired and replaced. We went over to the new fellow who crashed his way into our lives...and Rarity's store.

"Hey, buddy! Can you hear me? Are you alright?" I waved my hand in front of his face, before slapping it lightly.

"Urgh...not the ideal way to wake up in the morning..." The newcomer groaned. Then opened his eyes and noticed both Twilight and Rarity hovering above him.

"...Heaven? That's fine too..." His eyes rolled up and he fell back, asleep once more.

"...Eh?" We all looked at each other in confusion.

-----

After a while, our guest managed to regain consciousness. We started to explain what had happened, and that he was the second human to come here. (I will forever be first!)

"...Ah right, I remember now. That fellow from the dream sent me here. I will say, his aim is atrocious though."

"...I take it you mean one of the Abstract Spirits." I reminded him.

"Yes, yes. I wasn't sure if I wanted to come here, but this world is indeed very beautiful..." He made glances at Twilight and Rarity as he said that.

Oh great, a "ladies man". Well, beggars can't really be choosers...but who chose him to begin with?

"Hey, listen, I know you just got here and all, but do you remember who sent you?"

"Hmm...if I recall, he appeared to be a sort of clockwork man with one eye."

Just then, we heard Phoenix's voice echo out from... Somewhere.

"A one eyed mechanical man...? Oh right, I know who you mean. That explains the shoddy landing..."

Phoenix appeared in front of us... Um... Sort of...

" *Snicker* " Oh, this was priceless!

"What's so funny?" Phoenix asked... Not realizing what he looked like right now.

"Aww, he's an adorable little fellow after all!" The girls started fawning over Phoenix... Who apparently was able to manifest... As a cute little mascot.

"A-a-ADORABLE!? I am the PHOENIX! Eternal master of flame! I am magnificent! I-"

Apparently Twilight snuggling him made him stop and reconsider his position.

"...I can deal with adorable."

"So Phoenix, you were saying?" I reminded him of what was going on.

"...Oh, right. I think this man was sent by Cyclops."

"Cyclops?" We all asked.

"He's the Abstract Spirit in charge of gravitational forces... And since he only has one eye, he has HORRIBLE aim." Can't be worse then mine... Can it?

"Aaaah... That explains the landing." The newcomer noted.

"You know, I don't believe we've been introduced." Rarity said gently, no longer blaming him for the crash.

"Ah, where ARE my manners? My name is Isaac. I do apologize, I should know better than to keep a lady waiting for answers." Isaac said, albeit in a way that indicated he was flirting.

"Er... Charmed." Rarity replied reluctantly.

Twilight and I raised our eyebrows...

"Spike is NOT gonna be happy about this..." I muttered.

-----

After a while, Twilight and I decided to show Isaac around. However, we noticed that his personality could be rather...grating.

Unfortunately, he had the habit of trying to flirt with many of the women... Sorry, "mares", we came across. We were able to get him out of there before he incited an angry mob, but still...

"So, Isaac... What have we learned today?" I angrily inquired, covered in things that had been thrown at Isaac and sadly landed on me.

"Well, can you really blame me for wanting to pursue beauty?" Isaac nonchalantly replied.

"I CAN IF IT MEANS I GET COVERED IN GARBAGE, THANK YOU!" I shouted.

I turned to Mini-Phoenix, as we have taken to calling him.

"Are you sure Cyclops can't do an exchange or something?" I pleaded.

" *sigh* Look, I know he's kind of an ass, but Cyclops chose him for a reason. And he has some of the best judgement out of us Abstracts, so let's see where it goes."

"...You owe me for this, BIG TIME." I snapped. "Twilight too. It's gonna take her at least a week to get that smell off her."

Phoenix "facewinged" and we proceeded to go find a shower.

-----

A while later, we had gone back to the library... Though we were all still pissed at Isaac. I know he just got here, but he could at least keep it in his pants for a bit.

"...So what are we gonna do with him?" Twilight asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm not sure... He's obviously gotten Cyclops's attention for some reason, but... I don't think it's a good idea for him to stay here." I admitted. Maybe AJ could whip him into shape?

"Hmm... I suppose we'll have to think of something." Phoenix joined in, wondering if his old friend had made an error in judgement.

Just then, Isaac came up to us, looking rather... Regretful.

"...I heard what you were saying. I am terribly sorry, I wasn't aware that those actions would cause such a backlash." Uhhh...

"...Really?" We both questioned.

"Where I'm from, that sort of thing is just being friendly. I was not intending to cause any discomfort." Isaac admitted.

"Where you're from...? Aren't you from Earth like I am?"

Phoenix jolted up, realizing the issue.

"Ah, I think I get it." He does?

"What?" I asked.

"I think the problem is that Isaac here probably doesn't come from the same place you do, Claus."

"...Eh? Mind explaining?" Even France didn't flirt like he did... What does Phoenix mean?

"Well, he's a human from Earth, that's for sure... But it must not be the same Earth you came from. Possibly a parallel world."

...That would explain his behavior... In my world, if you acted like that you'd probably be arrested for sexual harassment.

"So what can I do to make this right?" Isaac asked.

"Hmm... Now that IS an issue, sadly. Barring repairing Rarity's shop, I don't see any way to..."

"Sorry I'm late." A new voiced chimed in.

We all looked around, and noticed that a new mascot like figure joined us, that being a troll-looking creature with one eye.

"...I take it you're Cyclops then?" Twilight asked.

"I am yes. Heard my pick was causing problems. I can help fix them." Cyclops stated bluntly.

-----

We headed back to Rarity's shop, Isaac and Cyclops in tow. While she was less than thrilled to see Isaac again, we explained the situation and also asked her to give Isaac a chance to make things right.

"So, Cyclops... What did you have in mind?" Isaac asked his Abstract partner.

"Use the Element Gun. I added a power that can restore things to an earlier state in the day." Wait... Huh?

As that was said, a new Element Gun appeared in Isaac's hands.

"That's my Element Gun. Controls gravity. In this case, we're gonna use a modified function."

Cyclops grabbed the Element Gun and loaded it with a glowing Soul Bullet.

"Take this and shoot the building with it. Time will rewind." Hey! Mine doesn't do that!

Rarity looked nervous, and I didn't blame her... If this didn't work Isaac would just be destroying her home AND livelihood further.

"Let's at least try to have faith in them, alright?" I asked. "Fingers crossed..." I glanced at Phoenix. 'Well, those with fingers."

Isaac took aim and shot the bullet. A strange blue glow surrounded the building and it started rewinding itself... Before long, the Carousel Boutique was back to the way it was before Isaac dropped in.

I was impressed. Twilight and Rarity were gawking in awe. Turning to us, Isaac gave a polite bow.

"Showoff..." I muttered under my breath.

"Thank you for giving me a chance to right this wrong." Isaac politely stated and started to walk away.

"Wait! Isaac..." Rarity pleaded.

Isaac stopped and turned to face Rarity, his face still looking guilty.

"I am very sorry for the trouble I have caused today." Isaac told her outright.

"Um... Apology accepted... Though you don't have anywhere to go, do you?"

"I needn't trouble you anymore than I already have, milady." We could all tell Isaac still felt bad about the whole situation.

"Well... If you can keep from breaking the store again... I can allow you to stay with me, if that is acceptable." ...What?

Isaac's expression perked up dramatically.

"I am most grateful-"

"But, please learn to respect the cultural norms..." Rarity added.

"Of course." Isaac agreed.

As Isaac and Rarity headed inside, I turned to Twilight.

"Well, I guess that worked out... Maybe Cyclops picked a winner after all."

"Yeah, maybe he did..."

A short silence followed.

"We are gonna have to deal with crazy stuff from them now, aren't we?"

"Sadly, yes."

Sometimes I hate my life...

Author's Note:

First of the "Original" chapters, that take place during a season but don't really adhere to any episode. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Comments ( 7 )

Hmmm, who else is there (the spirits not the humans)

Oh, there's more Abstracts coming, don't you worry about that.

So we got a human flirter? This day keeps getting better.

8998227
It's not intentional flirting though, that's just a thing where he comes from.

8998230
You have a good point, besides, I'm starting to like this guy.

So when is the next chapter gonna start?

Not sure yet...I've got another story I'm doing that I may replace this with, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Login or register to comment