• Published 9th Jun 2018
  • 3,991 Views, 227 Comments

Discord vs. the Greeting-Card Industry - SoloBrony



Starlight Glimmer and Chrysalis find themselves the subject of Discord's latest prank; shipping them on a dare.

  • ...
13
 227
 3,991

The key is being smooth

Starlight strode back into the castle after a long day of doing nothing at her guidance counseling job, plagued by vague worries that something might have happened to Chrysalis while she was gone.

I can't hover over her, but... she's so new here, and I'm still not a hundred percent sure I trust her... well, let's see how her first day without me went.

Yet, though Starlight looked high and low for the recently-reformed changeling, she was nowhere to be found in the castle. She was about to head off to ask Twilight about it when the castle's front doors opened, revealing Chrysalis.

"Oh! I've been looking for you!"

Chrysalis, laden with saddlebags, quirked an eyebrow as she strode in. "For what, precisely?"

"Oh, well... I guess I just wanted to see how you were getting by. Work was really boring, as always."

Chrysalis resisted the urge to remind Starlight that she didn't need a babysitter, and took a deep breath. This was it.

"Starlight. Would you like to accompany me to the Crystal Empire on a date?"

Starlight blinked a bit in confusion. "Uhh... I couldn't hear all of that, but you want me to go with you to the Crystal Empire?"

Chrysalis fought against an intense urge to blush and nodded. Starlight just nodded excitedly.

"Sure! The empire's great! But, uh, why are you heading there?"

"I wanted to take you there on... a date."

Chrysalis internally strangled herself for being so damn awkward at this. Starlight just froze in place.

Oh. Oh.

Oh Celestia.

Starlight's mind went straight back to those awkward dreams, and all of the weird mixed feelings she had been getting about Chrysalis since her arrival. Chrysalis started to become visibly uncomfortable, and Starlight realized the position she was putting her in with her delayed response, and immediately blurted something out to fix it.

"Yes! Sure! I'll, I'll go grab my stuff! Meet you? Train station?! Great! See you!"

Starlight rushed out of the room, her head spinning as her brain failed to compute how much had just changed in her life.

Chrysalis, for her part, realized that this was all real now. Some part of her had just quietly expected this to backfire and for everything to get back to normal, or some approximation thereof.

Nope, they were dating now.

This was real.

The feeling of dread about her total inexperience at courtship was suddenly displaced by another realization:

Starlight legitimately wants to date me. She said YES.

I'M SO GREAT THAT EVEN MY ENEMIES DESIRE ME!

And this would become Chrysalis' mental defense any time she let herself start to worry about how terrible she would probably be at all of this.

Author's Note:

Short but important

I'm the author and I can make 450-word chapters if I wanna

Don't judge, lest ye be silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj7Zvb__axo