• ...
6
 21
 1,288

Chapter 4

Twilight closed the door behind them.She let out a sigh which Rainbow seem to notice“I’m gonna head upstairs and just going to read your book.I can’t move a little bit longer because of that sweets that Pinkie gave us” Rainbow looked at Twilight but the only thing she saw is that Twilight is laying flat on the couch snoring.’I guess she’s tired of eating those cupcakes.I thought we're just going to have cinnamon rolls but Pinkie gave us extras’ she giggled and walked towards upstairs.

“Okay one more step aaannnddd.....whew” Rainbow panted heavily.”I’m so gonna make you pay for this Pinkie” She muttered to herself.

She opened the door in her guest room and saw the book on the table.She flew towards the book ya grab it and lay herself on her bed.She breathed.”Okay next chapter.....mmm....aha here it is” she flipped her book and start reading it.

***********

Rainbow brought me in the soccer field.We sat on the spots on the bench where I saw her talking with her teammates about me recently.There’s no people around so it means that I’m alone with Rainbow Dash again.Oh just great Twilight

“You said you read ilovelilies’s works,” Rainbow said.

From turf field, I turn my eyes on her and nodded.I still can’t believe that I’m going to have a chance to talk with her.I feel like I’m still dreaming, since fall formal, I know that she will never talk to me after I erased those memories.I never knew that this is what it looks like to talk with someone that you’ve been dreaming of.

“Someone told me that ILoveLilies made a story about Flash.But she didn’t used his real name.Are you aware of that?” Since when Rainbow can talk seriously like this?

I just nod my head.Pretending that I’m always updated about the gossips that are floating around the school.There is no way I can not know about this things especially when Trixie's the promoter, because Trixie is my classmate that she even defeat tabloid because of how fast she is to spread breaking news and controversials post.

“There’s a possibility that you might be like him, you could make a good character in the novel like Flash.ILovelilies used him as an inspiration.There really are many writers who have been inspired by the existing people.Like fan fiction.The amateur authors, they make their main characters in the novels of their famous celebrities or the well-known personalities that they feel, they are good at making novels.There are many fan fiction at Wattpad.I think, in the case of ilovelilies, well-known personalities in school are her trip to make a fanfic.”

“So you believe that ILoveLilies whatchamacallits is only here at CHS”

I can not calm down so it's better that I just join her to the ride instead of I get caught in when I contradict the theory of students here.”Most Likely.”

“Why does ILoveLilies need to hide her identity?” It was obvious to Rainbow’s face that she is curious.

I just shrugged my shoulders.”I dunno.Maybe they want to copy Book Black.”

“Book Black?” Rainbow’s brows furrowed.”That name sounds familiar.”

“He’s one of the comedy author who doesn’t show his face in public.Nobody also knew what his identity is also.He wrote something about ‘Wow I know how to read’ that name of story looks not interesting but when Pinkie told me that it’s a good story, I gave it shot.I never knew it was that kind of funny” I laughed, I don’t know how did that book always makes me laugh kinda makes it my stress reliever also.

Rainbow’s face beamed.”Right! That’s him.He has many comic books right?”

“Yes, actually, I read all of it”

She smiled.”Really? You really are an egghead then” followed by snickered.

I just rolled my eyes.How Come did she know I like reading books?

“I’m sorry, I happened to gather some info about you, Twi” Rainbow said.It looked like she just read my mind.And she also knew that Twi is my nickname for my pony friend Dash,just great.”Since I really think that you could be the Galaxy Star in that Wattpad novel.”

I do not know if Rainbow’s instinct is really strong or I'm really the prettiest girl with eyeglasses in CHS.

I smiled uncertainty.”Do you really believe that your partner in that novel really exist?”

“If Mela Dazzle exist, there is possible thing that Galaxy also exist and besides there’s nothing wrong with imagining someone even if Galaxy doesn’t exist.”

My brows furrowed.”Is...is Mela Dazzle the one who’s Calixe Hoof’s love interest in the Story ‘In A Complicated Relationship With A Gangster you’re referring to?”

She nodded.

“Do you read that also?”

“Not really.Just someone told me about it.Calixe Hoof is the fictional character inspired from Flash Sentry.And Mela...” It looks like Rainbow cut her words intentionally.

“Mela...Is she exists in this world too?”That’s impossible.I’m the only one who created Mela Dazzle.I didn't based her in real life and there’s no way that Calixe Hoof or rather Flash Sentry have a Love interest in this world,because I know how Flash Sentry treat our schoolmate here.

Rainbow nodded.”She’s also studying in here” WHAT?!!! How in Equestria did that happened? I’m Not informed?!!

“Who is she?” Now, I’m curious.Is it possible that there’s a person fit on the character that I just made which is only from my imagination?

“Sunset Shimmer.I don’t personally know her But i just knew that because someone told me about it...again.She’s a member of the community Service club.”

I looked at Rainbow with wide eyes.I cant believe it...Sunset Shimmer? She’s my current classmate, since I removed her memories about the fall formal.I change her memory that she could only think that she’s a human.She even look weird than before.But on second thought, I think Flash and Sunset will fit to each other before she was reformed.

I knew that she’s one of the readers of Ilovelilies.I read her comments in my Story in Wattpad.

“Do you happen to know her? It’s pretty clear to see it because of how you reacted.”

“She’s my classmate in English Class”

“Really?” She beamed.

I come to think of it.Is there a similarities on Mela’s personalities to Sunset’s? Well Sunset became cheerful than before, smart, sociable, and a little gutsy.Well Mela isn’t that kind of person as i wrote her in.

Yes, Mela became gutsy halfway through the novel But it passed through the character through her.Calixe took her a long time before she became brave and fought the gangster.

Even in physically appearance, they’re Not the same.If you look at it, starts with hair, they’re Not the same.Mela’s hair is shorter than Sunset.And the color of it.If there is something that they both have the same, it was their status in School.Mela was not a popular student in school.She became popular once she encounter in Calixe’s life.

I noticed that Rainbow just staring at me as if she was reading my thoughts.

“I don’t think so.I know Sunset Shimmer so it means that I know also their differences.I read that gangster story that’s why I know what Mela’s character is.”

“But someone saw the two of them walk out from an abandoned room.Dating headquarters of caddetes.”

“What do you mean by that?” I raised my eyebrow.

Rainbow smiled.”You’re also curious about them? Well I’m really not this nosy like the other girls in the campus.But a friend of mine told me that those two have been secretly seeing each other.”

My jaw dropped and my eyes widen in amazement.”Really?”

She nodded.”And I think, ILoveLilies also know about their budding romance between them so she made them a story.Maybe she was inspired by them.”

That’s a big NO for me.I want to insists that Rainbow is thinking the wrong way but then again I also don’t want to blow my cover as ILoveLilies.I pretend myself to be amaze about what I heard from her.”Really?”

“Yeah.But don’t tell anyone about Flash and Sunset.You know that Flash could be a bit disruptive.Maybe he doesn’t want their relationship to be spread in the whole school and he’ll haunt those people who were liable for its exposure.I know I can handle him myself but I don’t want to cause any troubles in here and the whole school knows how careless I am.”

I nodded my head slowly.So it’s really true that there’s a budding romance between them.Flash and Sunset? A gangster like Flash, had an interest with someone like Sunset? They were an unlikely pair! They could be an item if I didn’t remove her memories as a she-demon but she’s different now, it’s like you combine Fluttershy and Applejack.Even though Sunset And Mela’s characters are different I don’t think Flash could fall for the other person.

If it’s true that those two can fall for each other...does that mean Fictional stories can happen in real life? That there’s a possibility that unlikely pairs can be a real thing?

“Hey egghead, what are you thinking?”

I quickly turned my gaze to Rainbow.I could see the curiousity in her eyes.”I’m sorry I kind of zoned out there for a bit.I just can’t believe that a two different person can fall for each other in real life.I mean, you could only know and see that happened in a fictional stories.Not that I don’t care about the other people here feels but it’s just the way the entire world works.Flash and Sunset? They are an unlikely pair.Who would have thought that they could...?” I stopped speaking for a moment, when I saw Rainbow smirked.

“You really are Galaxy Star, And I’m 20% sure”

“H-huh?”

“Galaxy Star doesn’t believe that a two different person can fall for each other in real life also.”

I almost cover my mouth.Do I really need to reveal myself in front of her? Phew...it seems like Rainbow doesn’t suspect me as ILoveLilies and that’s a big relief.

“I-I’m not the only one who doesn’t believe the unlikely pairs can fall for each other.Realistic people think that way.Do you believe...?” I didn’t continue to ask on purpose.

“Yes” Rainbow stared at me when she said that.”Well I know love isn’t my thing but I’ve seen a lot of unlikely couples.And I frequently wonder how they ended up together.Like I said I’m no love experts.I guess ILoveLilies know the answer to that.She seems to believe to what the elders always said about love...That Loveknows no boundaries.”

That’s a big No for me, even bigger than equestria.Me and Galaxy has the same perspective because I’m that person.”

“That’s why I want to meet her”

You know that ILoveLilies is a female?

“And who exactly?”

“ILoveLilies.I want to know who that person is.Or if he’s a male, or whatever he could be.I’m curious about that person.I want to know why did that person use my full heckling name and pair up with...with you”

The way she look at me made me gulp in nervousness.It seems like Rainbow really wants to find ILoveLilies.

“Are you really sure?...Do you really believe that I’m Galaxy Star on that novel? Why didn’t she use my real name if I’m her?”

“Because that would be so obvious.Even Fleetfoot, she put her in the story also but she changed her name.”

I didn’t say a word because maybe if I keep insisting, Rainbow will think me as ILoveLilies.

“Help me, Twi”

“Huh?”

“Help me find ILoveLilies.” And here I thought you hate mushy but still you keep looking for the one who’s responsible for this.

“W-why me? You have your friends right?”

“Aren’t you curious about her?”

“I’m curious.But...that doesn’t mean I want to find her.If she’s hiding, maybe she have her reasons to why she wants to hide her true identity to anybody else.Like Book Black.”

“But she used my name.I know I’m famous but I don’t want to spread in the whole world.Not that I don’t like it but I have some things to catch up with.Do I have no right to know who’s that writer?”

I can’t say a word.

“Please help me.I know you can trace her identity”

“And how can you say that.”

“Because you’re her reader.Youve read all her works, haven’t you? And they said that, writers put a piece of themselves in the story they write.You can also know how huge their knowledge and experiences through reading her works.I could only think A.L. Yearling the one who wrote Daring Do.So maybe you can figure who’s that person.Also you are an egghead.Egghead and writers do share the same passion in reading or even knowledge.I’m not really into books so I can’t relate myself in what connection you have.But I think that could help us locate ILoveLilies.”

Ehh?? That egghead thing is getting me off guard right now.I can’t believe.She wants me to find ILoveLilies.Me of all people.

“Let’s help each other.Let’s find that person”

“Are you really serious that you want to find the writer?” she nodded.

I didn’t show her that I’m freaking out inside.I won’t let her find me as ILoveLilies.There’s no way I will let her that the writer who wrote some silly “love story” is right in front of her, talking to her.That’s embarrassing.

I COULD not let Rainbow find out who I was.Never!

So I agree to help her to find ILoveLilies to make it more impossible.And that meant she would never find her.She would never find ME.

I will not let Rainbow Dash know that the girl she think that’s her love interest is the same girl who wrote that story.I’m just going to humiliate myself in the whole school if that happens.Maybe I suddenly drop-out of the school when the most fearful things happened.

Rarity and Fluttershy invited me to take a break during our vacant period but I make an excuse that I’m going to finish my assignments that I didn’t finish last night (but the truth is I finished already during Chemistry class).I need to attend to the “meeting” that Rainbow just prepared for us.We’re going to talk about finding ILoveLilies and I’m freaking out again.

And the clues that I’m going to represent are clues that is only made by me.I plan to confuse her more so that she will never EVER going to find out.

I knocked on the door in front of me which is opened immediately after I knock.I’m here in the headquarters of the Science Club and I saw Moondancer greeted me.Moondancer is our Vice President But I’m not usually close to her than my pony friend Moondancer.

“Is...Rainbow in here?”

Moondancer smiled at me and step aside.”Come in...President”

“No need for that...it’s not like I’m the ruler here”

We walked towards the conference room where Rainbow is waiting “Impatiently” while staring at the ceiling.Moondancer left me in front of the room.I deep breath and enter inside, I saw Rainbow stood up from her seat once she saw me.

“Heya, Egghead” Rainbow greeted.”Please have a seat.”She pulled out the chair beside her for me.

“Thank you” I almost scream in delight.Now now Twilight this is Not the Time to be fluttered.I didn’t come here in the first place to get the Rainbow in this world to know each other.

From the very start, she didn’t approached me to court or date a nerd like me.She just want me to help her to find ILoveLilies.But at least, I have a chance to be with her for just a moment of time, even though I’m just only staring at her from a far before this happened.

“So...” Rainbow snapped me after she went to close window and curtain.”I heard that you’re the President here.And I asked your Vice President for permission.She allowed us to use this room everytime we need to meet so that we could have a real private talk”

Well that’s a good idea.Because before I came here, Trixie ran to me to ask if it is really true that Rainbow come near me in the library a few days ago.The only thing I said is that we both need the same book and since Rainbow want to share it with me, we both read it together.I just shrug it off because I know that later on, when I open my Facebook account.The first thing will pop up is that a nerd with a popular and athletic student are together (even though it’s not true), but I don’t blame her since I know that she’s really that nosy.

It’s better that our meeting is a secret.I don’t want to break her reputation in school.So that know one will think of something about me and Rainbow and maybe it may cause a lot of gossips around the school, and that will lead them to find out that I’m ILoveLilies.Maybe they will think that the story ‘The Heartthrob/Athlete And the Nerd’ are real.It’s okay if it is real, but it’s impossible for that to happen.

I smiled at her and pull my notebook in the bag.”Well according to my research, I track down some possible clues that may lead to the person behind ILoveLilies” let’s begin.

I saw Rainbow opened her notebook, never thought Rainbow will write something about this silly situation.I’m now curious about what’s inside her notebook and I think it’s not some silly notes.”Me too, of course”

“How about you go first?” Rainbow was about to say ‘ladies first’ (Come to think of it, we’re both female,so why would she.....ohhh.....I can’t blame her for being a Tomcolt-ish)

“I guess you read my mind, Try to jot-down all the words that I’m going to say...you could only write the things that aren’t in there.So we could add the clues together in your list.”

I nodded and I hold my pen to get ready.

Because of how curious I am I lift my head to see what’s on the top of her notebook.But I notice that her penmanship is cute.

Why? Her penmanship is also cute.But my pony friend Rainbow is really aggressive to write.

“I think she is a girl based on the way she writes.”

“Or it could be a gay.” That’s right Twilight.Let Rainbow confuse herself more.”It could be a gay.You know, gays are also feminine in writing.”

“That’s...possible” I could see the confusion in her face.HA! Great Job Twilight.

“Or...he could be a straight guy who hide his gender using feminine voice in writing” I hold my breathe...I can’t let myself laugh in front of her...that would be obvious.

“And why the hell he would do that?”

“Maybe he doesn’t want someone else to know him.That’s a way to conceal his identity.

Rainbow didn’t speak, looking pretty obvious that she’s getting wiereder about what I just said.

“And you know, there is this thing about romance genre ,that it’s effective if it was written as feminine style than male ones.Because female readers is more than guy readers.So there’s a chance that a male writers hide their identity to make a fine romance story.If you are familiar with romance pocketbooks, there’s a male writers that has a female pen name and feminine style of writing even though they are straight guys.So that they could make an illusion to mess people who read their works.”

“Really?” Rainbow looked enlightened.”...I see”

“What if you found the person behind ILoveLilies is a male?” Please!!

“Whether ILoveLilies is a girl or a guy or in between, I still want to meet that person.”

I’m disappointed right now.It looks like Rainbow will find ILoveLilies or me no matter what it takes to know ILoveLilies, But to be honest that’s really sweet.

Well, I will not let her to succeed.
I will do everything to cover myself as ILoveLilies.

Rainbow looked at me with half-lided eyes.”He or she is a hopeless romantic”

“Sure” I fake smile.Literally,hopeless.And you are the reason why.”All romance writers are hopeless romantic...you know”

“Does she have a love life” It’s obvious that she’s curious by the sound she made when she asked that question.

I remember what the two students talking about few weeks ago about ILoveLilies love life.”Maybe she have! Because how can she write those kind of stories if she doesn’t love a person right? If she doesn’t happy about love?

We need to set inside Rainbow’s mind that ILoveLilies has a love life so that she couldn’t trace how she will find who ilovelilies was.

Looks like she’s thinking of something.”What about those crime writers that has psycho killers as characters, they are not psycho right? They are not also criminal.But they could write something crazy and bloody scenes like that.”

My mouth opened slightly, I’m really shocked.It looks like I underestimated Rainbow for a bit.Rainbow is smart in a different way.”You...have a point...in there”

She smiled at me.”But it is possible that she has a love life.” she looked at her notebook.”He or she likes flowers.”

Shucks! I love lilies but not the other flowers.I could facepalm right now.Why in equestria did I put my name as ILoveLilies? I just smiled pretending that I’m not affected in her third clue.”More likely.” I wrote down her third clue.

So far, all of the things she said about ILoveLilies are right.I’m starting to panic deep inside.

“She knows you.And it’s possible that you know her too.”

“You might know her too” I added.

“...We both might know her”

What a relief.She didn’t even know me before the story came.

“So, let’s check who’s our common acuqintances?”

“Yes”

She wait for me while I wrote down the last thing she said.

“But it’s possible that I really don’t know her.I don’t want to be sound like conceited but I am popular in school because I’m athletic and too awesome...so almost everyone knows who I am and what I do and stuff about me even if they don’t try to dig deeper into my life.Information about me are readily available everywhere in school.In bulletin boards, in school paper, and from people I do not even know but knows a lot about me by stalking me and spreading things about me.”

I make myself don’t look too obvious that I’m getting nervous right now about what Rainbow just said.She was even smarter than I thought she was.The pony I know and this Rainbow in front of me are both clever.”But like you said, I’m not popular as you are.I’m just regular egghead like you said.And people doesn’t know me except my friends.But if I compare it from my past experience I am a pri- nerd only until today unlike you...” I felt compelled to say that.

“So if you look at it, there’s a big possibility that you know her more than I know her.You know her because she know a lot about you.So try to think of those people you know that you think are fit for the writer.”

I just nodded my head.

“In relation to that, it’s obvious that she knows how to write.So it’s possibke that she’s a journalist.”

Ah, thank Celestia! m,because I’m not a school journalist.”Actually that’s what I’m thinking also.”

“Do you any by chance know which of the student journalist?”

“I know.”

“Who?”

“It’s Pocket Book!” She’s my classmate in English class also.Sorry Pocket.But this is the only way I could think of, so that Rainbow will confuse and give up finding ILoveLilies.

I saw that Rainbow is impress.She put her both elbows on the table as she lean on it.”Pocket Book....What is she look like?”

“She has a pinkish coat and a little bit fat...”

Rainbow’s face brighten.”I think she was the one who interviewed me for our school paper last year!”

“Really?”

Rainbow nodded, she looked down at her notebook look like she’s thinking of something.”She could be ILoveLilies.We need to talk to her.Now.”

“Now? You mean now—now??”

Rainbow stood up from her chair.She wrap her bag around her right shoulder as she walks in front of me and pull my hand to stand up.

What is she planning right now? I don't want to get caught by her that easily.

“Yes.Right now, before the bell rings” I gulped.