• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 7,203 Views, 670 Comments

Out of the Old, Into the New - SentientHydra



Follow the spaceship 'New Dawn' as its crew explores a new universe.

  • ...
40
 670
 7,203

Chapter 14: Bedroom Conversations

Soft white silk on softer white fur, bed springs creaking inaudibly with every shift in weight. Princess Celestia rested gently on her worn old mattress, a book splayed out on it's broken old spine, occasionally turning a yellowed page. The Diarch's eyes moved slowly over the scribbled lines of handwritten text. Occasionally she would chuckle and laugh, her eyes twinkling like stars as some joke from the pages of her book caught hold; other moments a tear would seek to fall on the pages below, only to be caught in trap of magic and swiftly boiled away.

A languid stretch of the billowing wings blotted shadows on the wall, the shimmering sunlight bouncing up into a shining band on the ceiling, the white light playing across the moons and stars that dominated one half of the dome, making the sun and sky of the other glow in bright splendor. The small crystal chandelier hanging from the centre caught the radiant sunbeams and split it into rainbows, the angled crystals spreading the bands of spectral light across the cream floor and the soft rug in the centre. The room was filled with light, but for the shadows cast by the Alicorn's stretching wings.

Eventually the feathered limbs tucked themselves neatly down to Celestia's barrel, her nostrils flaring and mouth opening for a slow nostalgic sigh. The book began to glow, picking itself up and flying across the room to rest on a bookshelf, the spine facing outwards with the words in bold "Commentaria Luna."

The white alicorn moved without haste on the bed, shuffling around and laying herself down, the horn on her head flared up and the crown floated to a rack along with her regalia and shiny shoes. With a final flick of the long horn Celestia drew her curtains and settled down atop the silk sheets.

Footsteps echoed outside, the ruler closed her eyes and feigned sleep, counting slowly under her breath as the fast clack of unshod hooves came up the stairs.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2..1"

On one the door burst inwards, spoiling the shadowed room with light and silhouetting the shape of the intruder against the bright light of the hall behind.

The moment hung there still, for a long beat and a short few minutes the two figures played the game, Celestia feigning sleep, and the intruding silhouette watching. Eventually the figure spoke, the voice of an angel made strained by nerves and a backdrop of anger "Something more!?" the mare in the hall questioned "Don't ignore me Auntie, I know you can hear me." she demanded, her horn flaring up.

Celestia roused herself in slothful slowness, pushing herself up on her forelegs and twisting her neck around to face Cadence, the curtains pulling themselves open to let in the sun "Hmm?" was all the alicorn let out, her godly white face the perfect picture of drowsy befuddlement and sleepy contentment.

The pink alicorn stepped into the room, fully, her wings half open and annoyance plain on her muzzle "Don't play dumb auntie. I just want to know why" she breathed in, out. "Why?" her face was a mix-bag of broiling emotions, but anger set her eyes still and cold.

The god-ruler shuffled round to lay more comfortably , her face serene and still drowsy "Ah, one of these questions again. So many whys in the world, so litt-"

She was cut off by Cadence "No games auntie. I just want to know why you're trying to seduce my husband?" she shivered involuntarily under the gentle bemusement of the white alicorn, the raised eyebrow and the tiny smile, but Cadence held fast and glared back "he told me what you said. I can look past all the brush-pasts and lidded looks you give him, your tiny signs and the little flicks of your tail, but outright telling my Shining that he can have something 'more' I can't stand!"

Celestia held her niece's gaze for a minute, blinking once or twice, then she sighed and looked away "Because I am a silly old mare, far too fond of her plans and schemes." She smiled a little sadly and shifted forward, slipping sedately off the bed and stretching out her wings a moment for balance. "Tell me" the godess took a few small steps to come closer to the smaller alicorn "Do you really believe I would be so wanton dear Cadence?" her smile was fixed but sincere, as was the query on her tone.

The pink alicorn scratched her fore-hoof against the carpet nervously as Celestia approached, Cadence's anger withering away under the rulers serene smile "N-no, not really. But I couldn't ignore it any longer. I just had to ask"

The great white horse came within a hoove's width of the other and gently nuzzled her unresisting muzzle before speaking soothingly, as a mother to a child "As well you should dearest. Never be afraid to confront me on any issues you may have, I rely on you especially to keep my behavior in check." Celestia's aura of absolute control and serenity faltered for only a moment "And I will admit, I may have gone too far my dear."

Cadence's anger, her outrage and annoyance all cooled and shrank away at the ruler's moment of weakness, finally vanishing as the smile and the benevolent air returned to her aunt, the pink mare nickered "No auntie, you haven't..." she trailed off, her voice fading while she struggled to find words, soundlessly she moved forwards and twirled on the spot, nuzzling the side of Celestias neck and placing her side against the larger mare's in a supportive gesture.

"Forgive me my games, you are far too kind" Celestia smiled, opening her wing and enclosing Cadence in a soft embrace, leading with gentle steps back towards the bed "Shining Armour is a wonderful stallion, I would never try and steal him away."

Cadence didn't resist getting onto the be, instead getting comfortable on the soft mattress and asking "then why?"

Celestia craned her head to look back at Cadence "Because you would not come to me otherwise" she answered, chuckling while confusion flared across the little alicorn's face "there is more to your nervousness Cadence, than the lascivious smiles of your lecherous old aunt, that much I know."

The billowing white wing went from soft to steel as Cadence suddenly tried to stand, the muscles in the god's limb barely moving to pin down the discomforted princess. Cadence flared her horn, making to teleport.

The spell fizzled, Celestia's horn tapping against her niece's and breaking the pink alicorn's concentration "I am sorry for the trickery my dear. You are so strong these days, so independent. You wouldn't come to me unless you were forced to, so gave you a reason to come and confront me." She chuckled, nuzzling Cadence's nose and giving her a slow, nearly motherly lick "As a plus, the look on Shining's face when I kissed him was priceless."

The smaller alicorn strained hard to break the larger's iron hold "Let me go auntie, I don't want t-"

"But we are. We need to talk silly filly, whether you want to or not." Cadence slowly gave up the fight, settling down as Celestia continued "I am not senile yet dear, I can see that something else is bothering you. We are going to sit here until you tell me what that something is." the wing-hold tightened, pressing her prisoner closer.

Cadence struggled a little, pulling and pushing to break the hold, her horn flared and fizzled three times. Her face darkened with blood as she pushed to escape "I don't want to talk about it auntie" another bout of frenzied struggling followed, until finally she broke down to cry, weep and sob "I-i, Im scared." she wailed, with her defenses finally dissolving into nothingness on a flood of repressed tears Cadence burrowed her muzzle into her aunt's shoulder and let it all come out in one big rush. Celestia lay there and the let the torrent soak into her fur, caring nothing for the spreading stain, instead craning round to whisper gentle reassurances and soft nothings, nuzzling and cuddling the smaller mare in close.

Eventually the torrent slowed to a sniffling trickle, which was licked away with motherly care, forcing a blush onto the damp cheeks as Cadence explained in stops and starts "I'm scared auntie *sniff* I, just can't help it." she breathed in shakily, resting her head on the mattress "Shining's got so tense lately, with the changelings and now this, I just can't help but get scared that something will happen to him. That he'll do something stupid and get himself hurt, o-or killed" the thought or the word threatened to bring back the flood, tears welling in the bottom of her eyes "You must think I'm a foal." the princess croaked reproachfully, avoiding her aunt's eyes.

Celestia cooed and fussed over the shrinking Cadence, speaking reassuringly "Oh stop" she nosed a wayward hair back into place "Everyone's a foal to me dear. Silly, rambunctious, wonderful foals. Now look at me." a golden aura shrouded Cadences chin and pulled it up to look at Celestia "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Look at me." The rulers voice was suddenly serious. "I will never, I repeat Never think less of you, or anypony on this planet, for loving one another." the voice warmed up again "Your husband is a dedicated, loyal and all around delightful stallion, he is in a delicate situation and you are scared for him." the aura let go, but Cadence kept watching.

The pink princess bit her lip "I can't help it"

Celestia nuzzled the burning cheek, smiling warmly "I know, and I am all the prouder of you for that fact. Everyone should have someone to be scared for them, so that they know they are loved." the wing-prison softened and moved to gentle rub Cadence's barrel, brushing in slow circles "But you needn't be scared dear. No matter what else happens while I speak with Captain Morgan, I will not allow Shining Armour to be hurt."

Cadence sighed in relief "I knew that. But I feel better for hearing it" she lifted her head to return her aunt's nuzzle, with a neck-hug for interest "Thanks auntie, you always know what to say"

Celestia smiled a little broader and raised her wings "I dunno Cadence, you still look a little sad." her tone curled suggestively, a waggle forming in her eyebrows.

Cadence raised an eyebrow and answered tentatively "A little I suppose... why?" Her eye tracked her aunt with a healthy degree of suspicion, her delicate hooves gently raising her off the bed.

"Oh nothing dear, you just look a little sad, and I never can never stand to see you sad, ever since you were a little filly" The great alicorn raised up to match her niece, slipping forward and around with wings half raised, her entire body and her very movements slightly predatory.

The princess's face began to take on a more suspicious air. her voice laden with the same "Auntie.." with the god between her and the door she backed up a step. realization dawned as the ruler stalked closer and Cadence stiffened in apprehension "auntie.. No, I know what you're planning, no" another step brought her flank to the wall.

Celestia smiled a little wider and spoke ominously "There is no auntie here sad little filly. there is only THE TICKLE MONSTER!!" she roared, cackling wildly and launching forward as Cadence shrieked and reared in protest, only to be knocked over onto her back and mercilessly tickled, the larger pony using both fore-hooves to tease panicked laughter and screams of protest from her prey, her wings spread wide to support the weight weight and trap Cadence further.

"NO AUNTIE NONONOEEEEEEE!" Cadence managed to squeak while practiced hoofs dug out all her most vulnerable spots. Everything after dissolved into flailing hoofs and uncontrollable laughter.

Celestia let up and giggled while her smiling victim gasped for breath "You always make the funniest faces dear, but I know what always really made you squeal." , Celestia switched tactics to something more foalish, bending her muzzle down and blowing long wet raspberries into her nieces unprotected stomach *thhhppppptttt*

Cadence tried to resist, but the smile was already on her face, and a foalish squeal followed soon after.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the door, one guard perked up his ears as screams, laughter and a series of thumps echoed through the door.

"Uh... shouldn't we check on them?" the young pegasi stallion asked, eyes dancing between the door and his grizzled old partner. his armoured hooves danced nervously on the floor, his entire demeanour spoke of his relative inexperience..

The gray-haired mare looked to her partner and kept her face carefully neutral "Depends on one question."

"Uh.. what?"

The older mare smirked "Do you really want Celestia to start tickling you until your ribs hurt?"

The stallion considered the question thoughtfully, finally deciding that "No, no I don't. but still..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The door opened a little creakily, the guard poking his head in just as the squealing started. Looking around the edge the hesitant guard queried tremulously "Princesses, are you okay in here...?" The stallion's voice trailed off as he took in the scene.

The covers were rumpled and spoiled as the pink alicorn writhed, squealed and laughed uncontrollably under the great white god, what exactly occurred under the canopy of wings was hidden by the flowing alicorn's tail, but it sounded disturbingly wet. With a careful sense of awkward intrusion building, the guard made his silent excuses and went to leave.

Too late, Cadence in her gyrations spotted the retreating guard and fought for breath, seeing freedom. Horn flaring she called out in a reasonable copy of the Royal Canterlot Voice "GuardHahahh ahhahah. Defend Me!"

The guard's flailed his limbs uselessly for a moment, but was helpless to stop himself being gripped in a magical aura and flung towards his god and ruler, who just managed a half-turn before the airborne stallion slammed into her.

Celestia and the hapless pegasi tumbled in a tangle of limbs, fur and feathers off the bed, landing with a heavy thump, Celestia splayed on her back with wings out to each side, the dazed guard laid atop her with muzzle almost touching. It took only scant half-seconds for the god-princess to find her smirk and say "Corporal Thunderstrike I do believe? As much as I don't mind being swept of my feet dear, I would prefer you take your armour off in the bedroom." her tone was perfectly chosen, enough of a seductive curl to make the recovering guard stammer and blush, enough light-hearted informality to render any implications almost entirely innocent.

Cadence rolled shakily off the bed, shook the last jitters from her limbs and made for the door, calling to the bewildered guard as she passed "Hold her there Corporal until I make my escape!" The pegasi paused in his efforts to recover and scramble off his ruler and gave her a look halfway between 'Are you serious?' and 'wtf?'.

The pause in concentration however, allowed Celestia the upper-hand. With only a laugh for warning the Alicorn exploded into movement, simultaneously rolling over to pin the stallion beneath her and flaring her horn to catch hold of her fleeing niece's tail. "Ohoho, A mutiny is it? Treason most foul in my own bedchambers? Celestia giggled with mock evil, slowly dragging her niece back.

While the guard tried to stammer a response and the smaller alicorn scrabbled furiously against her aunt's steely magical grip Celestia looked up and called "Captain Magelight. Close the door if you would, I will not be disturbed while dealing with the traitors."

With a dreadfully slowness, the lights dimmed, the curtains pulled closed and the door creaked shut, the shadow of a god falling over the trembling captives.

They tried to resist, the guard was staunch and the princess jaded, but Celestia had had thousands of years to hone her craft and gain mastery over the tools of her trade.

There was no stopping the laughter, no mercy to the tickles.

-------------------------

Captain Magelight smirked as the room behind began to fill with that familiar sound.
The grey mare sniffed and smiled "I love the smell of newbies in the morning" she chuckled to herself