• Published 4th Jun 2018
  • 377 Views, 6 Comments

The Alicorn Pearl - keithsterling



This case file is taking from the Case files of Royal Investigator Alysia Ara Silverlight the oldest daughter of Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight.

  • ...
 6
 377

chapter 2

It 1300 hrs Bank Robbery investigation, Canterlot Military Police Department, Technical Service Bureau Building, Computer Lab, Judicature Ward, City of Canterlot and Capital of Equestria.


The Technical Service Bureau Building is a three story building towards the center of CMP complex in the Judicature Ward of the City of Canterlot. The CMP Computer Lab is a medium sized high-tech laboratory with the latest computer systems and matrix adapted network. Since returning from the Canterlot Central Bank heist Black has sent the unknown signal he obtained from the hacked key pad through the hacker library in the Cyber Crime Division for a match. So far the signal doesn’t match any known hacker signal in the data base.

“Huh?” Black exclaims as two hacker names come up on the screen that closely match the unknown signal.

“Hacker Mimic and Hacker Majesty. Both of these’s hackers are notorious on the matrix.” Black thought as he brought up the criminal profiles of the two hackers suspected of being the tech brain behind hacking into the bank security system.

“Both of these Hacker’s have the skills to break into the bank security system, like it was nothing. But it goes against both their MO. Hacker Mimic likes making copies of prototype programs and sells them to the highest bidder for a commanding price. Hacker Majesty believes herself the pinnacle of hacker greatness and would never take such a job she sees beneath her.” Black thought as he typed something on his computer and brought up a recent news feed about hacker Majesty. It stated that hacker Majesty (AKA Leiko Endo) was found assassinated in her apartment in the Penumbra ward a week before the heist.

“I know this story is true because Alysia and I were sent to investigate the killing at the apartment building that day and that’s how I found out that this earth pony mare was the notorious hacker named Majesty .we both believe the shooting was done by the Agency because the case we were working on for the Agency to find the hacker that has been hacking into their Matrix ended that same day.” Black thought as he was back to square one in the case

It 1330 hrs Bank Robbery investigation, Canterlot Military Police Department, Technical Service Bureau Building, AV Lab, Judicature Ward, City of Canterlot and Capital of Equestria.

The CMP AV Laboratory is smaller than the Computer lab located on the second floor of the Technical Service Bureau building. The AV Laboratory has video editing equipment and audio equipment that is used to forensically search for video and audio evidence in criminal investigations. Sitting in front of a video screen, running the bank’s surveillance video through various forensic filters was Detective Lilly Shinning Star.

The surveillance video from the bank would run normally for several hours as customers and employees enter and leave the bank; a normal business day. Then the suspected time of the crime approaches and all the cameras in the bank just flick off at the same time. It’s half an hour later, the cameras flick back on revealing the vault door open and nothing else. A frustrated Lilly slams her fist down on top of her desk and starts the video over again.

“Huh?” Lilly exclaims as she accidentally rewinds the surveillance video to two days earlier, at precisely 1730 hrs the cameras momentarily cut out as if something was introduced into the security system network.

“Well it’s a starting point two days before the break in at the bank.” Lilly thought as she begins to run the video trying to find a suspect that might have tampered with the security system network.

Its 1430 hrs Bank Robbery investigation, Canterlot Military Police Department, Main building, Detective Division, Judicature Ward, City of Canterlot and Capital of Equestria.

The CMP Detective Division in the headquarters of the Canterlot Military Police Department main building dominates the second floor. It’s made-up of two individual areas; the first area is the larger of the two. This is where you would find the junior and veteran CMP Detectives working out of during a normal shift. The second area of the floor is a simple dead end hallway, lined with several wood doors of the offices of Head Detectives who coordinate with the main part of the Detective Division.

Maneuvering her way down the hallway was Royal Investigator Alysia Ara Silverlight who was heading to her office at the end of hallway. As she passes the other doors, the head detectives would bow to her because she still holds the rank of Equestrian Royalty even here. Alysia often wondered if her grandfather and father felt the same way, that the only reason suspects and victims talk to them is because they are royalty and not a good detective.

“Greetings father and Grandfather. I am back again.” Alysia said friendly touching the small plaque under her name on the wall with her fingers. The plaque it read:

Royal Investigator Somnus Silverlight
In memory of
Royal Investigator Justice Silverlight.

In the office, Alysia walks behind her desk and plops down on the chair. A moment later her office door is opened by a 5ft 6in elegant looking light green earth pony mare with a wine colored mane and tail. She was attired in a rose colored pants suit and white pumps. Around her neck hung her TV news credentials from the Equestria News Network channel.

“Who are you mare? I thought I told all my people not to let anyone in without my permission.” Alysia said irately as the vid-phone rang on her MCV.

“That call would be from your father Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight. He’s the one that gave me permission to see you and offer my services to you. it’s the continuation of a long standing business arrangement between my own father and yours. The business arrangement ended when my father retired and left Canterlot to live quietly. Now it’s my turn to live-up to my father’s expectation.” The mare explains as the holographic head of Grand Prince Somnus springs to life on his daughter’s MCV.

“Father who is this mare that you sent to see me?” Alysia inquired

“So she has arrived, Alysia. As I can no long get involved with CMP business. I thought, as your father, I would send you a gift to help you as the new Royal Investigator. This mare is Reporter Eda Bucks.” Grand Prince Somnus explains as Alysia blinks with surprise.

“Bucks? Father isn’t that the name of your best informant when you were the Royal Investigator even though Grandmother didn’t trust him?” Alysia comment

“You are right, Alysia.He was my best informant But this Bucks will be able to get more information without arousing suspicion as she is a news reporter for ENN. Who would question a news reporter doing her job?. Just remember, when you use her information make sure there’s no way to trace it back to her.it’s part of the business arrangement I and her father made for working together.” Grand Prince Somnus explains as he had to quickly hang-up to attend the meeting he and his sister were going to.

“All right Miss Bucks. Let’s test how good your information is. Who would want a stolen one of kind Pearl?” Alysia inquiry

“Any number of rare gemstone collectors would want a one of kind Pearl as for it being stolen that might be a little tougher. The public gem market would never buy a stolen gemstone especially as prominent as the Alicorn Pearl that’s owned by your Grandmother Celestia. As for the private market, that’s even tougher to sell to because who ever buys it would possess a very hot rock indeed.” Eda explains as she looks at her MCB clock as she had to be on the air in about an hour.

It 1130 hrs two days later, Golden Dawn Law Firm, Lady Serena Silverlight office, Civilian sector: Judicature Ward, City of Canterlot and Capital of Equestria.

The Golden Dawn Law Firm is owned and operated by Lady Serena Silverlight the oldest sister of the late Prince Justice Silverlight. The firm is a two story high office building located in the Civilian Sector of the Judicature ward. Looking through a second floor window was a magnificent looking 6ft 2in sapphire blue unicorn mare with a crimson red mane and tail. She was wearing a grey skirt suit and black pumps on her four-toed feet. On her forearm was MCV. Sitting on a chair in front of this unicorn mare’s desk was Miss Adelle Glory, the cocktail waitress from the Eternal Eclipse casino and resort. Sitting on a nearby sofa was Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight.

“We the royal family thank you profoundly for your bravery Miss Glory, stepping forward to give us a better insight into the workings of the Eternal Eclipse casino run by Lord Darkmore.” Aurora said very pleased as her aunt Serena sighs slowly to herself.

“Save your thanks your highness. Just as long as you keep up your part of the bargain.” Adelle said struggling to control the quavering in her voice.

“Preparations are already in motion, Miss Glory, for you and your boyfriend to disappear from Canterlot. A Solar Guard vehicle is waiting downstairs for you to take you to a safe house till we acquire your boyfriend from his job. Farewell Miss Glory.” Aurora said as two Solar Guard troopers acquire Miss Glory from the office and take her to the car.

“So now what auntie?” Aurora inquiries

“As much as I don’t want to do it, we have no choice but to involve the Agency in this Royal investigation. I hate to admit it but their Black ops resources are more suited for this kind of operation we need an agent inside to gather evidence on Lord Darkmore before we can move against him.” Serena comments as she cracks her knuckle. A moment later Aurora stands up and hugs her aunt.

“Whatever you think is best, Auntie. The royal foals will support your decision.” Aurora said diplomatically.

“Thank you your highness.” Serena is grateful as Aurora stood up to leave her aunt’s office

“If you would excuse me Auntie. I must return to the Royal Palace I have business to attend to Farewell your grace.” Aurora said politely bowing to her aunt.

It 1800 hrs that same day, the Agency secret headquarters, Dream Eater’s office, Civilian sector: Judicature ward, City of Canterlot and Capital of Equestria.

The Secret headquarters of the Agency is a nondescript office building located in the civilian sector of the Judicature ward. Those that know how to gain access to the secret headquarter have a high security clearance of any pony in Canterlot but not as high as the Royal family members do. Sitting on the edge of a wooden desk in the office with her arms crossed was a 6ft 3in magnificent looking maroon colored unicorn mare with a tiffany blue mane and tail. She wore a midnight blue skirt suit with black slingback pumps.

Sitting in the chair behind the mare taking it all in, was an attractive dark blue unicorn stallion with a brown mane. Wearing a mid gray business suit was the Agency Chief, Dream Eater. Pacing back and forth in the office was Lady Serena Silverlight. After getting the information from Adelle Glory about Lord Darkmore, she made her way over to the Agency to talk about black ops to get evidence on Lord Darkmore’s involvement with a group called Neo-Steel Talon.

“Do I have carte blanche on this operation, your grace?” Dream Eater inquiry as the mare gawk in disbelief with the question.

“You do as long as it can’t be traced back to me or the Royal foals, Please keep the bloodshed to a minimum, Dream Eater,last time we gave you carte blanche it took over a week to clean it up and the Canterlot Military Police Department is still investigating the incident.” Serena explains as she walks up to the desk and shakes Dream Eater’s hand and leaves the office.

“Maxwell are you seriously going to do the black ops?” the mare inquiry to Dream Eater as she quickly gets to her feet and turns around to face Dream Eater.

“Of course I am Beverly this is our opportunity to learn a little bit more about Neo-Steel Talon. That group has killed many of our best agents. The last agent they killed was Raven in Griffonstone. He said he had something interesting about the group and before we could get it they killed him.” Maxwell explains as he walks in front of his wife Beverly, a chill runs up her spine.

“Besides do you not want to get even with Lord Bruno Darkmore after he left you for dead when an assassination attempt that he hired you for went wrong pretty quickly. If I didn’t have a backup plan I would have lost you during that job.” Maxwell explains as tears begin to fill Beverly’s eyes.

Its 2000 hrs later that evening, Grand Royal Palace, Canterlot archives Mainframe server system, sub-basement of the palace, Royal ward, City of Canterlot and Capital of Equestria.

The Canterlot Archives mainframe servers system is located in the second sub-basement level of the palace. It’s a huge reinforced concrete box full of numerous computer servers that run the whole Canterlot Matrix. This one room in the second sub-basement of the Palace is the most secure with several layers of security systems from Solar Guard security units that patrol the basement to small unmanned drones that patrol as well.

Standing in front of a workstation terminal in front of a small bank of servers was the Grand Princess of the Sun, Aurora Silverlight. A small strangely shaped silver key has been inserted into the panel and turned to the off position. This position allows the user to access the Canterlot Archives mainframe without having the three Royal Passkeys inserted into the same panel.

Aurora’s fingers move rhythmically across the holographic keyboard of the workstation terminal as she inputted new data onto file NSTG-S-41. When she finished she turns the silver key to the standby position and seals the file behind an Alpha Princess Priority security level.

‘There, it is done, the secret black ops has been entered into the file.” Aurora thought as a wounded look appears in her eyes as she turns the system back on.

“But why does my heart feel so empty all of a sudden. I am doing it to protect those I love, It’s my job as the oldest Silverlight sibling.I can’t let my brother and sister get involved in this, if this goes south. The scandal will destroy their rule of Equestria. I have pretty much sealed my own fate by agreeing to this option if it is discovered and uncovered.” Aurora’s voice degenerates to a childish whimper.

As Aurora regains her composure, she lifts her foot up and reaches down to unbuckle her sandal. She removes it and holds the front of her shoe in the palm of her hand. Using the end of her finger nail she, slides open a small door on the insole of her sandal revealing a secret hollowed out compartment in the heel. She drops the small strangely shaped silver key into the secret compartment before re-buckling her sandal back on her foot.

Watching from the deep shadows of the room were a pair of solid white eyes that belong to her Aunt, Princess Luna Silverlight. Luna is no stranger to keeping secrets, she taught her nephew Grand Prince Somnus a lesson during his time under her tutelage. As Aurora leaves the servers room Luna emerges from the shadows and walks over to the workstation terminal. Like Aurora, Luna removes her sandal and retrieved an identical small strangely shaped silver key from the secret compartment in her shoe.

Keeping secrets 101 always have master keys that no one knows about. I see Somnus taught his sister that lesson about having a set of master keys. Now let’s see what my niece is hiding from her siblings.’ Luna thought as she gains access to files that Aurora was hiding from her siblings.