• Published 19th Jun 2018
  • 8,241 Views, 253 Comments

Lesson Learned - Diamond Sword



After turning their backs on Sunset, the Rainbooms get set straight by six spirits.

  • ...
11
 253
 8,241

A huge mistake

The Rainbooms sat in Rarity’s boutique, all of them downcast about what had just happened. After all this time, Sunset still wanted to stab them in the back.

“Why in the world would Sunset do any of this to us?” Rarity asked, hanging a newly-made dress onto one of the racks.

Pinkie pouted in the corner.Not even the pink party planner could find a good enough ‘bright side’ to this situation.

“I know! After all of the parties, saving the school from those sirens, even the sleepover we threw for her! She still turned out to be a big mean secret stealer!” She responded angrily.

AppleJack just stared into the ceiling as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

“‘Cause that snake never cared about us…” The orange farmer scoffed in a low voice. “She was jus’ waitin’ for the right moment to strike...an’ she took the chance.”

Rainbow Dash finally spoke after stewing in her own anger.

“How much do you guys wanna bet that skank fooled Twilight into thinking that she’s not Anon-A-Miss?” She growled.

Fluttershy shook her head, causing her long pastel pink hair to sway.

“Princess Twilight’s too smart for that.” She mumbled. Angel stroked his owner’s hair, attempting to comfort her.

Rarity nodded as she began to carefully organize her fabric.

“After all, she figured out that Sunset was the one who caused us to fight.” More nods and mumbles of agreement were shared.

Rainbow scowled at the floor. “But what are we gonna do about her? She’s telling everyone’s secrets as we’re talking! We fell for that bitch’s lies for God knows how long! We can’t let the same happen to the other kids!” She said, pounding her fist on the table.

That earned a glare from Rarity.

“Rainbow Dash, while we all agree with your statement, please treat my furniture with respect.”

Rainbow Dash nodded, looking away. “Sorry, Rare.” She sighed.

“It’s quite alright, darling…” She sat down in one of the chairs, taking off her red framed glasses and folding them. “I guess we do need some time to think about what to do about Sunset…”

Pinkie Pie sat up. “What if we let Twilight know?”

Rarity put her finger on her chin. “That would be the best….She is a princess in her world.”

Applejack nodded. “Maybe she could even get her version of Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna. Then they could teach that snake a lesson that’ll actually stick.”

Fluttershy ran a hand through her hair. “But what if she’s really busy with something? It’s like you said, Rarity, she is a princess.” She responded, staring at her feet.

Rainbow Dash massaged her temples. “Well, we gotta figure out something!” The rainbow haired teenager stood up in anger. “If Twilight can’t teach her a lesson, let’s do it ourselves!”

Pinkie had a feeling that Rainbow Dash had something sinister in mind.

Rarity stood up with her. “Darling, take deep breaths. We don’t want you to get wrinkles or a grey hair…”

Rainbow Dash threw her hands up in the air. “To hell with wrinkles and grey hairs, Rarity! Anon-a-Miss needs to pay!”

Fluttershy hid behind her hair as her friend’s rage grew.

Rarity took the moment to glance at the clock. It was 10:30. “We should all get some sleep….” She frowned.

Applejack nodded. “Come on, girls. Hopefully some sleep can help us figure out what t’ do with Shimmer….” She sighed, opening the door. One by one, the girls left Rarity’s boutique, each saying goodbye to their friend as they individually made their journey home.

Rainbow Dash silently began to think about Sunset. How dare that slut take their friendship for granted? To think that she was just playing them all like puppets…They should’ve blasted her with that friendship laser along with the sirens...The sky blue skinned athlete growled, kicking a pile of snow out of rage. One thing was for sure….

“Sunset’s about to get what’s coming to her….”


A familiar sky blue pegasus was resting on a cloud nearby the Everfree Forest. A small smile was planted on her face as she peacefully snored. That’s when a bright light rudely awakened her from her nap. She scrunched her closed eyes, lazily extending one of her wings over her forehead to provide herself some shade. But for some reason, the light grew brighter. She finally gave in, cracking open one of her dark pink eyes glanced around lazily, catching sight of the cave where the Tree of Harmony occupied.

“Whoa….” Rainbow’s eyes widened at the sight.


Flashes of different colored lights were peeking out of it. The speedster’s brows knitted together as she sat upright. That wasn’t supposed to happen, was it? She flew down, cautiously walking towards the tree, shielding her face from the bright light and squinting. One by one, each element flashed dangerously, like a broken machine of some sort. Rainbow heard soft hoofsteps behind her. She turned to see a familiar yellow pegasus.

“Oh...you saw the lights too?” Fluttershy mumbled, worried about the tree’s strange behavior. A familiar white rabbit was sitting on her back.

Rainbow nodded. “You got any ideas about what’s happening?” She asked, looking at the Tree of Harmony again.

Fluttershy shook her head. “No, I don’t.” She stepped closer to her, peeking out between her wings as it kept flashing. “Do you think Twilight might know?”

Rainbow Dash nodded once more. “She might know what to do. If she doesn’t, we can go to Princess Celestia and Luna for help. You should get Angel home before you get to the castle. I’ll go on ahead.”

Rainbow Dash launched herself into the air with a single flap of her wings. She began to make her way over to Twilight’s castle.

She needed to let Twilight know.….Whatever was going on with the Tree of Harmony, something had to fix it...

Twilight had just finished writing to Sunset Shimmer. The young princess had just learned that the five girls she had trusted to take care of her had abandoned her with poor evidence. She could see tear stains on the page that Sunset wrote.

“TWILIGHT!”

The lavender alicorn jumped as Rainbow Dash burst through the door to her room, panting.

“Rainbow? What’s wrong?” She asked, urgently standing up.

“The tree! Something’s wrong with the tree!” The blue pegasus shouted.

Twilight frowned. “What do you mean?”

“It’s going crazy! The Elements of Harmony are glowing brightly! Almost like whenever we used them!” Rainbow Dash explained. “But, at the same time, they seem.....broken.”

Oh dear. Twilight’s eyes widened.

“Do you know how to fix it?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight shook her head. “No. But I think I know what’s causing it.” She showed Rainbow Dash What Sunset wrote to her. As Rainbow read the pages, she grew angry at their human counterparts.

“I can’t believe they did that to her!” Her rage melted as she was reminded of a certain event that took place at a wedding. “Should we go over there?” She asked.

Twilight sighed. “I’m not sure....I just hope that nothing bad happens. I’ll let Sunset know about the tree. She’ll probably find a way to stop this ‘Anon-A-Miss’.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed this! Chapter Two should be coming out soon!

Let me know if you guys find any problems! I'll try my best to fix 'em!