• Published 5th Jul 2018
  • 7,564 Views, 371 Comments

Project Clockwork - Arceaion



Twilight Sparkle is the only true survivor of the Canterlot Catastrophe. However no one can live through what she went through and truly survive intact, what will she do when she is saved? will she even be the same pony, or something... else?

  • ...
24
 371
 7,564

Project Clockwork's Time Line

Hello readers, If your reading this then it means that I haven't had time to work on the story so I thought that I'd give you the time line for the story. A lot of you have asked where the story sets in the MLP Universe so I hope this answers your questions. If you have any questions or just want to know more then place your questions in the comment. Also I'm still accepting Ideas for what to put in the story. You all have given me have a lot of good ideas and I hope you keep it up.


The main point to make is that Project Clockwork takes place after season 4 but season 5 never happened.

6 months after season four - Twilight discovers how to use steam to power technology and creates Magitech.

5 years after season four - Twilight creates the first of the Central Operations Reactor Energy Systems (C.O.R.E.S.) in Canterlot. The C.O.R.E.S. purpose is to control the flow of the steam and power that the city both receives and generates.

10 years after season four - C.O.R.E.S. have been created in Ponyville, Appleloosa, Cloudsdale, Dodge Junction and Manehattan. Twilight is head of research and development of all Magitech facilities, she bases her headquarters in Ponyville.

12 years after season four - Twilight creates an experimental Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) tasked with running each of the C.O.R.E.S. based off of her friends, the exception to this is the Canterlot C.O.R.E.S. which is given a blank A.I. with no personality. However do to <SPOILERS> she is unable to activate them at the time of installation.

18 years after season four - The Nobility force Twilight to create factories in Canterlot that manufacture Magitech. Twilight does so however she sets up a private office to keep an eye on the nobles.

19 years after season four - Blueblood and several nobles prepare to sabotage the Canterlot C.O.R.E.S. to kill Princess Celestia and Luna. Twilight plans a trip to inspect the Canterlot Factories.

20 years after season four - Blueblood and several nobles sabotage the Canterlot C.O.R.E.S. Twilight attempts to stop them but is injured and left to die in the Canterlot C.O.R.E.S. Control Room. Twilight warns Princesses Celestia and Luna of the sabotage and they manage to evacuate the city in time for minimal casualties. The blast injures the Royal Sisters and Twilight is assumed dead. The event is named the Canterlot Catastrophe. Unknown to the outside world Twilight survives the explosion and partly merges with the Canterlot CORE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 years after the Canterlot Catastrophe - Twilight begins construction on the first 100 Clockworks do to boredom and loneliness. The first 100 are made from steel and salvaged parts.

2 years after the Canterlot Catastrophe - Twilight creates the Seekers however the Seekers go rogue and attempt to kill Twilight. The first 100 protect Twilight and the Seekers are driven out into the destroyed city.

3 years after the Canterlot Catastrophe - Due to Twilight being part Magitech she is part A.I. and because of the stressful situation Twilight begins to under go Rampancy. In a desperate attempted to escape the Control room Twilight completely merges herself to the CORE and became Twi!CORE. The C.O.R.E.S. blank A.I. gains the personality of Twilight and begins to override Twilight's existence. The A.I. doesn't want to lose it's creator and separates itself from Twilight however this causes the CORE A.I. to develop at an accelerated rate and became Rampant as well though it is able to fix itself. Since the A.I. fixed itself it then begins to combat Twilight's Rampancy.

4 years after the Canterlot Catastrophe - Twilight leaves the Control Room and with the help of the first 100 Clockworks begins to hollow out the Canterhorn.* Twilight names the hollowed out space the HUB and creates a massive underground city. During this time she also creates Eris to be her personal assistant. Twilight also begins to change mentally during this time, she began to become more attached to the Clockworks and stopped seeing them as machines and begins to see them as her children. She begins to try and make them better and more life like.

*The Canterhorn is the mountain that Canterlot is built on.

5 years after the Canterlot Catastrophe - Construction on the Hub completes. With her focus no longer divided Twilight focuses more on her research into making the Clockworks more alive. After a lot of experimentation she discovered that she could remove portions of her body and grow them like one would grow living tissue. She names the material Biometal and began to create the Clockworks from that. The first Clockwork made from Biometal is created however while it can has all five senses and is the equivalent to a pony in all ways physically it still has no emotion and still acts like a machine. Twilight starts to grow desperate and frantically works to find a cure to there emotionless and machine like state .

5 years 6 months after the Canterlot Catastrophe - After more experimentation and <SPOILERS> she manages to remove a shard of her soul and places it in a biometal cube where it grows into a blank soul. Twilight repeats the process by taking shards from the cube and places them in to the Clockwork bodies she 'births' thus giving them life.

6 years after the Canterlot Catastrophe - Twilight has created over 650,000 Clockworks that live in HUB. Each one sees her as their mother and love her. Twilight's Rampancy has evolved in to the final stage, Metastability.

7 years after the Canterlot Catastrophe - It is somewhere on the seventh year that Celestia and Luna lead an expedition to Canterlot with the intent to find out what is salvageable and if the city can be restored. During the expedition they come across a dead Seeker which they call Reanimated. This discovery leads them to the location of Twilight and the story begins.


I hope this fills in many of the blanks for you and answers some of your questions about the story I apologize for not updating as much but with work and Real Life I have little time to work on it however know that the chapters are being worked on.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter update and I hope to see you in the next one.