• Published 11th Jun 2018
  • 1,422 Views, 20 Comments

Cindershy : Cinderella AU - Crystal Aura



Cindershy was a young maiden whose parents had died & was staying with her step-mother & step-sisters & supported by her friend. A Ball is announced in her Kingdom, but she can't go. What will happen? Based on the fairytale bliss, Cinderella.

  • ...
5
 20
 1,422

From Rags To Riches

Discord, after making Cindershy wear the slipper she lost during the Ball & making her step - mother & step - sisters get astounded, took the love of his life to the Palace so that she could meet his father. Upon arrival, he asked Luna " Is father ready to meet us?"

"I am afraid that he has to settle some matters with our foreign guests first. He did leave a message upon your arrival with Maiden Ladyshy." Luna said.

"I see. What does it say?" Discord asks.

"The Maiden Ladyshy is invited to a special private dinner with the Royal Family at the Golden Radiance Dining Hall. Whatever she may need to be presentable will be provided for. In the meantime, Prince Discord, you are to keep her company until dinner time." Luna reads from a parchment.

"A private dinner with you & your father? Did you know?" Cindershy asks, clearly surprised by what was being said.

"I...I didn't know. I admit I'm quite surprised myself, too." Discord says, keeping his hands on Cindershy's shoulders.

"I-It's a good sign, right?" Cindershy says, getting a bit nervous about all this.

"I would like to think so, but my father can be a little hard to understand..." Discord says, equally nervous.

Luna then takes Cindershy & Discord to a closet where there were plenty of gowns on the hangers. Cindershy was fascinated by the gowns as never in her life she had seen such beautiful gowns before her. Luna leaves them alone while Cindershy tries to choose a gown to wear. She keeps on asking Discord which gown looks good on her.

"DISCORD! What do you think about this dress?" Cindershy asks with a sparkle in her eyes that made her look as innocent as a little child.

"Haha, Shy, this is fifth dress you are showing me now. Any of them would look perfect on you." Discord said with a smile on his face.

"Come on Discord, be honest! This is for a special dinner with your father! I must at least try to look my best!" Cindershy said, nudging Discord.

"But I am being honest. It is not my fault that you are so flawless, Princess!" Discord says with a grin.

Cindershy sighs & says "Come on Draconequus, please? I really like this one."

"Alright, alright. Since my Princess insists. This humble knight shall oblige..." Discord says, giving a quick bow.

"Well... What is your verdict...?" Cindershy asks eagerly.

"It seams this dress would make your beauty flare so brightly, my dear Ladyshy." Discord says with a wink & a grin.

"Discord, you did not just... Just... no..." Cindershy groans, realizing the puns made by Discord, followed by a few laughs later by Discord.

After choosing the fifth dress, Cindershy got ready by the handmaidens. When she was ready, she looked like a real Princess. Soon it was time for dinner. Discord led Cindershy into the Golden Radiance Dining Hall. When she saw the interior, her eyes couldn't believe what they saw. Cindershy let out a small gasp.

"This... This is beautiful! I have only heard the tales of how beautiful it is, but to see it myself is like heaven!" Cindershy says, clearly fascinated by the beauty of the Hall. King Sombra came in & sat at the main chair. Luna led Discord & Cindershy to their respective seats : sitting opposite each other. Food was set on the table & King Sombra motioned that they could start having their food.

"If you don't mind me asking Miss Cindershy, can you tell me more about how you spend your days?" King Sombra asks.

"W-Well, I mostly attend to the household needs of my family. I cook, clean, mend & keep inventory... I do find some time for m-myself. A little bit of sewing & crafting. I usually made do with whatever I can f-find in my family home." Cindershy says, a bit nervous.

"It must have been very hard for you. But despite that, you still manage to present yourself as a proper young lady." King Sombra said.

"Oh, um, y-you are too kind, your Majesty. It is all thanks t-to the lovely handmaidens who helped me." Cindershy said, blushing.

"I am speaking more than just the dress & make-up, Miss Cindershy. Grace is not an easy feat without practice & tutelage." King Sombra replied.

"I-I suppose, my mother taught me a lot of things that I've kept in my m-mind from my early years." Cindershy says, still blushing.

A servant was serving drinks to the three when accidentally, he spilled the drink on Cindershy's gown.

"I-I am sorry, please forgive me for this mistake. I will never do tho again, p-please forgive me!" The servant immediately said, scared for his life.

"You shall not be forgiven, especially not today! You have spilled juice on not the Royal Family but on the their guest. You will be sent to the forest as your punishment!" King Sombra said, with anger

"Your Majesty, please. There is no need to send the servant to the forest!" Cindershy pleaded with King Sombra.

"The servant has done a great disservice by not only tarnishing the pride of my Palace but also by disrespecting a valued guest. I have every right not to be lenient!" King Sombra said, angrily.

"Father, Cindershy has a point. Your punishment is going too far. You must know that this was simply an accident!" Discord says, immediately coming near Cindershy.

"Your Majesty, I've already accepted the apologies. The servant deeply regrets what happened." Cindershy says, supporting the servant.

"Please reconsider, Father. If you wish, I will personally see to it that the matter is dealt with." Discord says.

"Fine. You can go servant. This is the first & your last mistake. If our guest hadn't accepted your apologies, you would have been done for. Now go!" King Sombra says, not even giving a glance to the poor servant.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Thank you, kind Lady. I can never repay your kindness, Lady!" The servant said as he made his way out.

"Now, I will go straight to the point, Miss Cindershy. Did you want to marry Discord so you could be crowned Queen?" King Sombra asked.

"I-I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead, Your Majesty! I was more worried about if he truly reciprocated my feelings. After all, he is the Prince & I, a simple maiden. And after what happened today, I barely had time to even think about marriage." Cindershy said, a bit surprised at how the King formed the question.

"Very well. But you must understand that marrying Discord is no simple matter. What would you say if I never allowed you to marry Discord, because I find tht you wouldn't be able to cope with the responsibilities?" King Sombra asked.

"I-I would say that I understand your concerns, Your Majesty. But Discord is more than just a title. He is kind, courageous & wise. He will be a great king even... even if... I do not marry him. No matter what, I will love Discord & will continue to be his friend. But, Your Majesty, if you are willing... would you give me a chance to prove myself? That I can support him as I stay by his side... & I promise never to do anything to jeopardise the kingdom. All I want for him is to be truly happy." Cindershy says, firmly.

"Could I have a moment with you in private, Discord?" King Sombra says. Cindershy gets up from her seat, bows & leaves them to talk.

"Do you still stand by your decision to have Cindershy as you wife?" King Sombra asks.

"I will accept no one but her, father! Cindershy is selfless & hardworking. What she lacks in status, she makes up with honesty & sense of moral." Discord says, defending his opinion.

"A Queen requires more than just character, Discord. She must have a level of education & the right mindset. I am afraid that Miss Cindershy lacks these & makes her ineligible-" King Sombra says, when Discord intervenes.

"But Father, if you just-" Discord starts but is cut short.

"Discord. Please let me finish. Miss Cindershy is ineligible... But only for now. I cannot let you marry her right away. I have something of a compromise. If she stays in the Palace for a year & goes through the proper schooling, she will have the skills of a fine noblewoman." King Sombra says.

"W-Wait... you're saying that..." Discord says, clearly surprised.

"Yes, Discord. And if you wish to claim her as your fiance during that period, feel free to do so. Just be sure to court her properly. But she won't be the only one who will be kept busy. You will have to be more diligent in your preparations for becoming King. Do you accept these conditions, Discord?" King Sombra asks.

"I... I... F-Father. This is... more than I could ever hope for." Discord says, with happiness & surprise mixed in his voice. As soon as he finished he rushed out to Cindershy, where she was eagerly waiting for him. As he laid his eyes on her, he hugged her tightly.

"CINDERSHY! OH MY LADY! I can hardly believe it. Please tell me this isn't a dream!" Discord says, with a lot of happiness bursting out.

"D-Discord, I'm real! This is real! But please tell me what is going on! I've been so worried! What did your father tell you?! D-Does he not approve of me after all? I... I can leave... &... -" Cindershy says, worried but is cut short.

"NO! Not at all! Listen Shy... It's good news! We don't have to stay apart! You will stay in the Palace for a year & study to be a proper noble! You will be my fiance & after that year... we can finally get MARRIED!!" Discord says, touching Cindershy's face & ending the embrace.

"Oh... OH DISCORD! I... I don't know what to say! Is it really true?" Cindershy asks, all the more excited.

"Yes, it's all true, Princess!! I'm so happy we can see each other everyday!" Discord says, equally excited.

"This is going so fast, but I'm so so so happy, too, Discord! I can wait to tell Pinkie & Cheese the news... TOGETHER." Cindershy says, lying her head on his chest.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, My Lady. Now, forever & always." Discord replied, putting his hands around Cindershy.

Author's Note:

We have progressed near the end of the story. This is now chapter no.1 in this story for having most words (Used up a lot of my time!!!). Just one more chapter & this story would come to an end unless you want a bonus chapter to their life with children. If you need that chapter, please help me with their children's names... I am not very good at thinking up names (Sorry:twilightblush:). Next chapter will come next week or before that, so keep checking for updates!

Thank you for reading!

~Crystal Aura