• Published 11th Jun 2018
  • 1,414 Views, 20 Comments

Cindershy : Cinderella AU - Crystal Aura



Cindershy was a young maiden whose parents had died & was staying with her step-mother & step-sisters & supported by her friend. A Ball is announced in her Kingdom, but she can't go. What will happen? Based on the fairytale bliss, Cinderella.

  • ...
5
 20
 1,414

The Ball

Cindershy reaches the Ball & enters the palace which was filled with many maidens from across the Kingdom. Discord was with his pal, Cheese Sandwich at a corner. Cheese said “You’re unusually distracted, your highness.”

“R-really? It’s just that there are so many ladies attending.” Discord said, a bit nervous.

“Yes, that is quite true, but you only eyes for one right?” Cheese asks cheekily.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Cheese.” Discord says, blushing.

Cheese was right : Discord was looking at Cindershy only. He noticed her move everywhere, trying to fit in. Cheese says “Go on, make your move!”

“F-fine, Cheese. Gosh, you’re so pushy today!” Discord says as he moves towards Cindershy.

“May I have a dance with you, my lady?” Discord asks.

“I-uhh-yes, of course!” Cindershy says, stammering as usual.

Discord takes her hand, places it on his shoulder, & the other he takes in his hand. They start to dance with Cindershy still looking at his face. When they finish, everyone applauds for them & they both blush. Discord says “Please, this way, my lady.”

“Where are we going, if I may ask, your highness?” Cindershy says, who suddenly stopped stammering.

“Just...you know...somewhere private. And please, call me Discord.” Discord says.

“You wouldn’t happen to be stealing me away? A rather bold action for a Prince.” Cindershy says, cheekily.

“I just thought that after such a significant display, you would like a little....break.” Discord says, still a bit nervous.

Discord takes her to the refreshments corner of the Ball & lets her enjoy the rest of the party. When she takes a glass of juice, Pinkie surprises her. “Pinkie! Oh my goodness, you had surprised me!” Cindershy said who was close to spilling the juice on her gown.

“No, silly, you surprised me! OH GOOD GRACIOUS!!!” Pinkie says excitedly.

“Shh, not so loud, Pinkie!” Cindershy says with a smile.

“Not only do you have the best dress ever, you even danced with the Prince!!! Your dream is finally true!” Pinkie says, excited for her friend.

“Yeah, about that.” Cindershy says but gets approached by some people. One of them asks “If you don’t mind me asking, do you belong to a noble house?”

“I’m sorry, but I would rather not discuss that...” Cindershy says when another one speaks up.

“Pardon me, I’m a painter & would be honored to do your portrait.”

“Oh that’s kind of you. Perhaps I can consider?” Cindershy says, clearly a bit nervous.

Discord on the other hand, gets extremely nervous as people, especially men, are talking to her. He says to himself as he takes hold of his sword real tight. “Okay, calm down Discord. They’re just talking. Shy’s a charming girl so it would be perfectly fine that some men would want to get to know her. Just walk over there & greet her like you normally do. It’s no big deal, you can handle this! You are the Prince right now, not Draconequus! Whatever you do, DO NOT HISS!”

He goes over to Cindershy & says to the men talking to her “I’m sorry for the intrusion but I have something to discuss with Miss Ladyshy.”

“Oh, um, yes of course. I hope it’s no trouble for you, Your Highness.” Cindershy says, a bit nervous.

“Not at all. But we should probably go to a more private setting.” Discord smirks.

The person who first talked to Cindershy asked the painter “Is it just me or was the Prince a little odd?”

“I thought so, too... I think he may have taken a really deep liking to Miss Ladyshy.” The painter replied.

“That makes sense, but does I wonder if he knows about her search for Draconequus.” The first person replied.

Discord takes Cindershy to his garden & lets her enjoy the flowers there. “These are beautiful! I’ve never seen tulips with such vibrant colours!” Cindershy exclaims.

“They were my mother’s favorites. But she loved every flower she grew in this garden..” Discord replies.

“Do...do you still care for it, in her place?” Cindershy asks curiously.

“Yes, it’s how I remember her by. We spent a lot of happy memories here.” Discord says, taking a deep breath.

Suddenly, King Sombra appears behind them & says “I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced. If I may ask, what is your name, young lady?”

Cindershy, clearly surprised by the sudden appearance of the King, bows down to him & says “Oh y-yes. I am the Maiden Ladyshy, your Royal Highness. I apologize, I did not see you nearby.”

“It is alright, but I do have other business to attend to, so please, enjoy the rest of the Ball.” King Sombra replies, going away.

“Yes I will, your Royal Highness. Thank you for your time!” Cindershy says, still bowing down.

Discord then tells Cindershy “Okay, close your eyes now, I have a surprise. I know where Draconequus is. But please, my lady, don’t open them unless I tell you to.”

“Alright. By the way, you never told me how you knew Draconequus.” Cindershy says.

“Let’s just say, I have my ways around the palace.” Discord says, taking out the friendship bracelet that Cindershy had given to him when he was dressed up as Draconequus & placing it in Cindershy’s hands.

“Hmm, I see. Is it okay to open my eyes now?” Cindershy asks but then hears the gong of the City bell indicating that it is midnight. She then remembers : Fairy Godmother told me to be back before midnight! She quickly ran away from there, trying to reach home as fast as she could. In the hurry, she left her slipper but she had no time to pick it up. “Oh no! My shoe!” Cindershy said, still running away.

“LADYSHY! Please wait!” Discord shouted, running after her.

“Ohh, I’m so sorry, Godmother.” Cindershy said, sadly.

“LADYSHY!!!” Discord said, losing sight of her & having only a shoe of hers left behind.

Author's Note:

Yay! Finished another chapter! Proud of myself! :twilightblush: Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Thank you for reading!

~Crystal Aura