• Published 10th Jun 2018
  • 2,623 Views, 60 Comments

Gotham City Heroes (rewritten version) - Batfan98



Scootaloo's life changes as she gets pulled into the DC universe. Batman takes care of her and it looks like she will get her wish to finally become a hero.

  • ...
3
 60
 2,623

Chapter 5 Could I Become a Human?

Bruce held Scootaloo in both his arms as she rested her cheek on his chest, feeling it rise and fall as he breathed and listened to the sound of his heartbeat. She felt more closer to him now as they both had something in common. She was glad to share her story with him as she felt that she should trust him; after all he did save her when she was held captive by the League of Assassins. He seemed stoic ninety percent of the time yet who knew that he could be so gentle.

Bruce rubbed his hand against the top of her head as he held her in that position for a moment before asking "Are you feeling alright now?"

Scootaloo opened her tear dried eyes as she slowly nodded. "Yeah, thanks."

"Do you need anything?" Bruce asked, still rubbing the top of her head.

The filly shook her head "No, I'm good thanks."

Bruce nodded as he set her down on the bed right next to him as he got up to leave the room. "If you need anything, just tell me."

Scootaloo nodded "Yeah, I know."

Bruce nodded back as he left the room closing the door behind him.

Scootaloo deeply inhaled before exhaling as she let the thought of her parents play in her mind. If only they were still alive. If only they were here with her telling her everything's going to be okay. Unfortunately they've been gone for long and aren't expected to return.

She took another deep breath as she slid the remote on her bed over in front of her before changing the TV back to it's regular programing. Perhaps something on the TV would take the sad memories off her mind. On the TV played some kind of movie that looked like it was a drawing that came to life which impressed Scootaloo and gave her more questions about human technology. She felt like Twilight.

She had no idea what it was called since it appeared as if she was at a point that was half way into the movie. Even though she had no idea what it was, it appeared to be about a blonde mermaid who visited an overweight woman with green tentacles so she can become human. Scootaloo watched the rest of the movie and it made her think of what it would be like to go outside of this mansion and experience the human culture rather than just watch it on a TV.

She liked that idea, but there was only one problem...she was a pegasus. Not that it was a bad thing and she was proud of being one, but if she went outside as a pegasus then she'd get taken away by someone who would want to study her. But then she remembered that the mermaid and how she turned into a human and was able to experience life on the land.

What if Scootaloo herself turned into a human? If she was human then she'd be able to see life outside of Wayne Manor and see the city for herself. Although she didn't know if this was possible or how long it would take, but she was willing to try.

Just then she heard a knock on the door before it was pulled open to reveal that it was Alfred standing there.

"Dinner is ready young misstress Scootaloo."

"Thanks, Alfred." Scootaloo said as she hopped off the bed and walked over to the doorway exiting her bedroom and heading straight for the kitchen with Alfred following.

When they arrived, there was Harold sitting at the far right side of the dining table with Bruce sitting on the far left and Ace sitting in the corner on his haunches eating from his food bowl.

Alfred pulled up a chair letting Scootaloo hop on and sit on her haunches as he pushed the chair to the table.

"Hey Bruce. Hey Harold." she smiled. Harold smiled back and waved at her as Bruce gave a single nod greeting her as Alfred left to go get the food. A moment later the butler came back with a tray carrying three bowls of potato soup and set each one down in front of each person that was present before leaving them to eat.

The warm scent of the white coloured soup made it's way into Scootaloo's nostrals. Her mouth was starting to water at the potatoey smell before she bent her head down taking a sip. Bruce and Harold ignored this because they thought it would be impossible for the filly to be able to use a spoon due to her not having any hands.

When Scoots swallowed the creamy potato soup she picked up a folded napkin before her and used it to rub what was left of the soup on her mouth. When she was done she set it down on the table and turned her attention to Bruce.

"Hey Bruce?"

"Yes Scootaloo?" the billionaire turned his attention to her as he was about to eat his soup, but stopped as he held his spoon in his half raised arm.

"Is it possible to turn me into a human?" the filly asked.

Bruce set his spoon down into his plate "Why would you ask that?"

Scootaloo shrugged "Because I think I might want to do things outside the mansion" she answered "and I can't because..." she gestured to herself as example.

Bruce nodded as he understood what she meant as he thought for a moment before speaking "I think there might be a way to do that."

Scootaloo beamed "Really? That sounds great."

Bruce nodded "I think I might know someone who could do it."

When they finished their meals Bruce left for the Batcave to contact the person he knew on the Batcomputer while Scoots was left wondering the mansion. As she wondered through the halls she came across a half opened door; her curiosity got the best of her as she peeked her head through to see what was in there.

In there was Harold sitting on his bed as he was petting Ace who was sitting on his haunches in front of him. Ace's ears pricked up as he quickly turned his head around and growled at Scootaloo making her gasp as she backed up. Harold quickly, but gently, scratched the top of the dog's head calming him down.

Once Ace was calmed Harold gestured for Scootaloo to come in. She swallowed nervously at the dog, but kept her composure as she slowly, but surely, stepped into the room and walked towards him.

"Some dog you have." Scootaloo commented still nervous about the dog, but remained calm as she hopped onto the bed with Ace staring at her.

Harold smiled as he pointed at Scootaloo and to Ace. Scoots was confused as she had no idea what he was implying, but eventually the gears in her head started to turn as she began to process what he was trying to say.

"Do you want me to pet him?"

Harold nodded as Scootaloo looked at the dog with a nervous look before looking back at Harold "I don't know about that." she had nothing against dogs, but she was nervous around this one due to it's behavior towards her.

Harold smiled as he likely shook his head and waved her over. Scoots couldn't speak sign language, but she assumed Harold was trying to say something along the line of 'Don't worry about it. He's gentle.'

Scootaloo was unsure, but she nodded "Alright."

She slowly moved her hoof towards the dog emitting a growl. Scootaloo froze her hoof in place as Harold was petting the top of Ace's head to calm him down. Ace stopped his growling as Scootaloo moved her hoof again towards the dog as it made contact with the side of it's neck as it began to rub.

Scootaloo's nervousness was quickly faded away as she smiled at petting the dog.

"He's so warm." she said.

To her surprise the dog moved it's head underneath her hoof as she began petting the top of his head as she used her other hoof to keep petting him. Harold smiled at seeing his dog get along with his new friend. He needed a way to communicate with her, but how? Then an idea popped in his head as he got up off the bed and headed towards the door.

"Where're you going?" Scootaloo asked.

Harold turned back to her and held up his index finger implying he'd be back as he left the room. Soon after he came back with a pen and a notepad as he sat down on the bed next to the filly.

"What's that for?" she asked.

Harold scribbled with the pen into the paper before presenting it to the filly. 'I'm using this as a way to communicate with you.' It read.

Scootaloo nodded in understanding as the hunchback continued to write on the notepad before showing it to her. 'So what world are you from?'

Scootaloo smiled "I'm from a place called Equis. Well that's a fleet the name of my world. The country where I'm from is Equestria; It's populated by ponies like me."

'Sounds interesting.' Harold wrote.

Scootaloo nodded "It's ruled by Princess Celestia, who controls the sun. Then there's her sister Luna, who controls the moon." Scootaloo's expression then turned solemn "You know, I kinda miss it."

Harold felt sympathy for this filly as he rubbed the back of her head in an attempt to comfort her. Just then they heard a knock on the door as Alfred came in.

"Miss. Scootaloo, Master Bruce wishes to speak with you."

Scootaloo nodded as she hopped off the bed and walked towards the door as Alfred closed it behind them. The two of them came to the living room where Bruce was waiting as Scootaloo approached him.

"Alright," Bruce said "there is someone I know that can turn you into a human; she said so herself."

Scootaloo smiled at this.

"The process isn't long at all and it will be short," Bruce explained "but there's a cost."

Scootaloo's smile disappeared. Uh oh what is it?

Bruce closed his eyes as he exhaled before opening them. "Once you're turned human there won't be any way for you to change back into a pony."

Author's Note:

Now I know what some of you are thinking. 'Ariel isn't a blonde, she's a red head and since when were Ursula's tentacles treen?' I want to put a stop to the pop culture I'm putting in this fic, because I wanted this world to feel fantastical and timeless. So consider it a little mermaid film. Not the little mermaid film.