• Published 10th Jun 2018
  • 2,623 Views, 60 Comments

Gotham City Heroes (rewritten version) - Batfan98



Scootaloo's life changes as she gets pulled into the DC universe. Batman takes care of her and it looks like she will get her wish to finally become a hero.

  • ...
3
 60
 2,623

Chapter 11 Dick Grayson

Gotham was still the way Dick remembered it to be. A rundown dump of a city that was the perfect playground for criminals. Bruce was good, but he needed all the help he could get. Sure, he had other's helping him like Red Robin, Batgril, and occasionally him, but he needed someone to be with him most times on the field.

Wasn't really much of a surprise that he'd get a new kid to take on the Robin mantle at some point, but didn't quite expect it to be a pony from another dimension. Oh, just when he thought he's seen it all.

He'd visit Bruce occasionally, so he knew the way to the manor he grew up in. At least, the second place he grew up in right after the circus.

He parked his car upon reaching the manor, only to be greeted by Alfred waiting on the steps. He exited his car, removing his sun glasses before waving.

"Hey, Alfred." he called as he climbed the steps.

Alfred nodded "Hello Master Grayson."

Dick hugged the old man, him returning the hug as well.

"So, Alfred." Dick said as the two broke the hug. "How's it been going?"

"Rather fine lately." He responded. "Miss Scootaloo is waiting in the house. I just say she's very excited to meet you."

Dick smiled. He had to admit, he was pretty excited about meeting this kid too.

"Well then, let's not keep her waiting."

Alfred nodded as he heading downwards in the steps.

"I'll carry your bags for you."

"Thanks, Alfred." Dick saved as he approached the double doors. Upon entry, he was greeted to the atmosphere of the entry hall. He inhaled the smell of the manor's atmosphere and sighed. "Same old, same old."

"Dick."

Dick turned to the voice and smiled. "Bruce."

Dick approached the billionaire with his arms held out and wrapped him in a hug. "It's great to see you."

Bruce hugged back "It's great to see you too."

Once they broke the hug, Dick laid his hands within his pockets. "So, where's the new kid?"

As if on cue, he heard footsteps coming from the corner of the stairs and saw a young girl with purple hair approaching. She smiled with excitement as she made her way down the stairs and towards Dick.

"Hey there, you must be Dick." Scootaloo held out her hand "Name's Scootaloo, future Robin."

Dick shook her hand "It's nice to finally meet you. You seem pretty excited for the job."

"Oh yeah," Scootaloo nodded "I'm even more excited that I'm meeting the first ever Robin by the way."

Dick chuckled "Yeah well, you're lucky to be getting the pleasure of doing so."

Just as the two spoke, Alfred came in through the doors, carrying two bags. "Please make yourselves to the dinner table, everyone. I've prepared a special meal for you all."

"Awesome, I'm starving." Dick exclaimed.

Upon entering the dinning room, Scootaloo was quick to run over to a seat and wave Dick over.

"Come sit next to me."

Dick obliged as Bruce sat opposite of them. Alfred came in, rolling a silver pot on a trolly.

"We having soup?" Dick asked.

Alfred nodded. "Yes. French onion."

"So, your a superhero too, right?" Scootaloo said as Alfred began pouring soup into her bowl.

Dick nodded as Alfred served him his soup as well.

"What's it like becoming your own person?"

Dick shrugged. "Well, I get to make my own rules and I decide how late I wanna stay out at."

"Sounds awesome." Scootaloo sighed "Too bad it won't be like that for me."

Dick rested a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, maybe when you're old enough you'll get to be a superhero of your own."

"You think so?"

Bruce nodded once Alfred served him his soup and left the room.

"Definitely. After years of experience, you'll be able to fight crime on your own."

Scootaloo rested her chin in her hand as she beamed at the possible future. "I wonder what kind of superhero I'd be."

"Maybe great enough to join the Justice League." Dick suggested. "After all, you are learning from the best." He gestured to himself, but then remembered Bruce. "I'm sorry, your learning from two of the best."

Scootaloo chuckled as she began eating her soup. She had to keep her strength up, because tomorrow was going to be a big day.