• Published 3rd Jun 2018
  • 1,932 Views, 83 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Avengers Assemble - Masterob



With more superheroes in Equestria, plus other worlds, thing might get even more chaotic. The adventures of the Elements and Marvel Heroes continues.

  • ...
16
 83
 1,932

Opening a New Portal

During all this, Twilight had arrived at Celestia's castle, looking for Sunset Shimmer. "Sunset!? Where are you!?"

"Over here!" Sunset called. Twilight entered a room with a very happy Sunset Shimmer, "You ready for this!?"

"I guess, what's your plan though?" Twilight asked.

"You, me and Luna are gonna go into the Marvel world and meet with Dr. Strange. Then we're gonna get into contact with someone from that world and get help in opening a portal from the other side. Luckily we don't need as much magic since it's not as hard, their worlds have opened so many times before after all," Sunset said.

Twilight nodded, "Alright, let's get to this then."

Sunset called, "Luna you ready!?"

"Coming!" Luna said and ran into the room. "Sorry for being late, I'm ready though!"

“No trouble, now let’s move!” Sunset eagerly said.

All three of them had put on their human clothes and went through the portal to the Marvel world. It wasn't long before the three of them were back in the world of the superheroes. They had almost immediatley turned into their human forms.

Twilight looked down at her hands, "Despite this happening so many times before, it always seems new to me."

Sunset looked around, "This must be Tony Stark's building."

"You got it," they heard. They both turned to see a woman. "I'm Pepper Potts, Tony Stark's assistant."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Twilight Sparkle, these are my friends Sunset Shimmer and Princess Luna," Twilight said.

"I've heard a lot about you from Tony, he says you're pretty strong, and you're married to Spider-Man," Pepper said.

"Yeah, we've been married a few years, we even have a daughter named Mayday," Twilight said.

"That's so cute, congratulations on such a happy marriage so far. Anyway I imagine you're here to open some portal?" Pepper said.

Twilight looked confused, "How did you know?"

Pepper gestured to Sunset, "Because that one's been coming here non-stop trying to do so."

Sunset blushed, rubbing her head sheepishly, "Yeah, this isn’t my first trip here. But I think I have it figured out now, I just need to go see Dr. Strange."

"Well you should know he went to go see Reed Richards for some business, that's what I last heard at least," Pepper said.
“Don’t want you going that Sanctorum of his and finding nothing.”

"Great, the Fantastic Four live pretty close by I believe, we can go there right now," Twilight said.

"I can arrange a limo, I'll also call ahead and-" Pepper was interrupted by her radio, "Hold on." She spoke into it, "What is it Rhodey?"

"Pepper where are you with those files? I need them on my desk ASAP," Rhodey said.

"Hold on, we have guest and I'm trying to greet them," Pepper said.

"Guests? Who? Wait is it that pony girl that keeps coming here? What is it the third time this month or something?" Rhodey asked.

Twilight turned to Sunset, "You've been really adamant about this haven't you?"

Sunset blushed, "S-so?"

"Anyway yeah it is Rhodey, she has some friends, Princess Luna and Twilight Sparkle, you know, Spider-Man's wife," Pepper said.

"Oh, Spider-Man's wife? The one who helped save this world so long ago? Hey she's always welcome here," Rhodey said.

Twilight blushed, "I just did what I could."

"So what do they need here?" Rhodey asked.

"They just need to go see Dr. Richards and Dr. Strange, I'm about to set up a limo," Pepper said.

"Sure thing, also tell Twilight to say 'hi' to Tony for me, or as I like to call him now, 'Pony Stark'," Rhodey let out a laugh.

Twilight rolled her eyes at hearing that, though it is kinda funny, even if it sounds like a lame joke Peter might use.

"Will do, anyway I'll be there in a minute, let me set this up," Pepper said. "Sorry about that, let me just make a call."

"Thank you," Twilight said, the others also doing so.


Not too long later, the girls had gotten a ride to the Fantastic Four building and went to the top. Upon knocking they were greeted by Reed Richards.

"Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, Princess Luna, good to see you girls," Reed said.

"Likewise, may we come in?" Twilight asked.

"Of course, you're more than welcome to," Reed said, letting Twilight and friends inside.

They looked around, such a nice place. So many lab materials, such hi-tech stuff, and a great view of the other buildings.

"This place looks so nice," Twilight said.

"Thanks, we keep it very tidy, a little easier since Johnny no longer lives here so he doesn't have wild parties," Reed joked. "Of course we do miss him, he is family after all."

"Johnny misses you too, he does talk about you quite a bit," Twilight said.

"Yeah, he has a child of his own, from what Ben has told me though, she's quite the fiesty one," Reed said with a light chuckle.

Twilight groaned, "Fiesty isn't the word for it, she's too...energetic."

"Hey, even Franklin had his moments," Reed said.

"How is Franklin?" Twilight asked.

"He's fine, he's actually with Stephen, along with Ben and my wife Susan, come on," Reed said.

They went to the lab in the center of the floor where the rest of the group was. Susan noticed Twilight and waved, "It's been a while Twilight, how's Peter doing?"

"He's doing fine, he's very busy at the moment though" Twilight said.

"To my knowledge, he's fighting some dragons," Luna said.

That took everyone by surprise.

"Wow, when he went to go live in a world of magical ponies, I didn't expect to hear about fighting dragons," Susan said.

"To be fair, the main reason I summoned him was to fight off a dragon," Twilight admitted.

Luna looked over to Franklin, "That is your son correct?"

Susan looked down, "Yeah, you remember them Franklin? That's Peter's wife and her friends."

Franklin nodded, "I remember her daughter Mayday, she's nice."

"Nice? What about pretty?" Ben teased. "You sure said that a lot."

"Come on Uncle Ben, it's not funny," Franklin said with an angry blush.

"Never said it was, it's nothing to be ashamed of kid," Ben said.

Twilight found that adorable, "I appreicaite you thinking my daughter is nice, and pretty, she spoke fondly of you too."

"Tell her I said 'hi' please," Franklin said. "And that I want to see her again soon."

"Will do," Twilight said, ruffling his hair a bit.

Sunset walked over to Dr. Strange very eagerly, "I'm glad you're here, I figured out the portal! I know how to open up to Capcom! It's all in these notes!"

Sunset handed the notes over to Dr. Strange as he began to look over them, "Hm, makes sense..."

"So, do you think it can work?" Sunset asked.

"Only one way to find out," Dr. Strange said. He started working on some magic, creating a strong aura. "I think I have it, first I need to contact their world, and I know just who to contact."

In the Capcom world, Chun Li is seen looking over some files for work. As she looked through she heard a voice. "Hello, Miss Chun Li?"

Chun Li looked around, really confused, "Uh, hello? Who's there?"

"Oh good I found you, it's me, Doctor Stephen Strange."

Chun Li looked suprised, "Dr. Strange? Wow didn't think I'd hear from you, but why are you contacting me?"

"Long story, but our friend Sunset Shimmer has a way of opening a portal between your world and mine, and potentially linking straight to their world as well," Dr. Strange said.

Chun Li became interested, "Sunset Shimmer? Linking worlds?"

"Yes, she's been working tirellessly for over a year, figuring out a way to open the portal, she has it figured out but we'll need your help, if you're up for it," Dr. Strange said.

Chun Li shrugged, "Don't see why not, I wouldn't mind seeing the others again, especially Peter." Chun Li didn't realize her own blush when she said that.

"Good, now as I recall, you are one of the few in possession of a machine that can open the portals correct?" Strange asked.

"If they're weak enough, the only other place that has access to that is the lab Mega Man lives at," Chun Li said.

"Right, now then, I'm going to weaken the portal, you can then open it up with your machine, just let me know when," Strange said.

"Give me a minute," Chun Li said and rushed over to the machine in question. It was located deep in the place she worked at, a room only she and a few others had access to. She approached the machine worked on it to turn it on. "Alright, ready."

"Very well, now let's get this done," Strange said, readying his magic.

He, along with Sunset, Twilight and Luna started on their magic, following the spell that Sunset came up with. This spell caused the portal link between Marvel and Capcom to weaken.

Chun Li's machine felt the dimensions weaken a bit, that's when she activated the machine and started opening the portal.

"Alright, just a bit more," Twilight said, some sweat forming on her forehead.

They continued to work on the portal, weaking it little by little. Chun Li also waited in anticipation.

"Just a little more," Chun Li urged.

Time went on, the portal started to increase more, that's when Sunset had an idea. She jumped through the portal and into the Capcom world, surprising Chun Li a bit.

"Oh, didn't expect you to jump through," Chun Li said.

"I have my reasons," Sunset said and worked on the portal from the other side.

“Wow, that’s clever,” Chun Li said.

Strange chuckled a bit, “Not the first time we’ve had to do that.”

It wasn't long before the portal was totally opened, Marvel and Capcom had been linked.

"We did it! We linked the two worlds!" Sunset said, jumping back to the Marvel world.

Chun Li also stepped into the Marvel world and looked around, "Amazing, it's nice to be back here."

Twilight approached Chun Li with a bow, "Good to see you again."

Chun Li bowed as well, "Pleasure's all mine."

Luna approached Chun Li, "Good to see you again."

"You too." Chun Li took this time to take note of Luna's dress. It looked very similar to hers, "Nice dress."

Luna looked down, "Yes, it is really nice."

Chun Li waved at Dr. Strange and the Fantastic Four (or three). "Good to see you again."

They all waved back, and also greeted her with welcoming words.

Sunset started taking notes, "Once I work this into Equestrian magic then I can link Capcom directly to Equestria!"

Chun Li looked surprised, "Wow, you really want this don't you?"

Sunset nodded, "We already have this world linked, so all we need is Capcom, then maybe the other worlds!"

Twilight then had an idea, "Maybe you can help with that, at least that fancy machine of yours."

"I certainly can, is there a reason though?" Chun Li asked.

"Well for starters, I think the worlds can benifit each other," Twilight said. “Your world has excellent resources, Marvel has it’s own, and so does Equestria. Our combined technology and magic can create such wonders.”

"So many endless possibilities," Sunset said.

"That's true, quite amazing," Chun Li said. "Anyway I can definitley help with that, but my advice, let's open the portal from where Mega Man lives, it's a bit more convinient."

Twilight nodded, "Right, let's head back to Equestria." Twilight turned to Reed, "Thank you for having us Dr. Richards, you and your family."

Reed nodded, "No problem."

Twilight turned to Dr. Strange, "Thank you for assisting us."

"Of course, it was no trouble at all," Strange said.

Twilight turned to Chun Li, "Let's go then."

Chun Li nodded and said her good-byes before leaving with the mares.