• Published 2nd Jun 2018
  • 289 Views, 10 Comments

Hex (Interactive Story) - Lovecraftia



Vinyl is the most well known DJ in Equestria. But a new DJ shows up and starts taking her fame! So what does she do? Gets better of course! (Characters will act differently depending on how you comment. Like you are actually saying it in the book!)

  • ...
 10
 289

Prologue.

my name is Vinyl Scratch, and i am going to be a major league DJ who is the greatest there ever was or ever will be.

So what do they call me on the stage? DJ P0N-3 or pronounced Dee Jay P Zero N three as i would say, but most call me Dee Jay Pony. So i am rather new to this but since this is my special talent i know i will become greater than just doing gigs for small parties. I will become greater, and i am headed down that road today!

This is a guide to all those who wish to follow in my footsteps to greatness in music. all the equipment, ideas, skills and creativeness will be held inside. If your ready to become the best DJ on Equis, read this, follow the steps to the letter and you will rise through the charts faster than a hot air balloon into the sky! And i should know, as i am doing the same as you read.

- Vinyl Scrach (DJ P0N-3)


Crystal blue eyes lifted themselves from the paper as a young stallion looked forwards. Only seven, he had yet to get his Cutie Mark, but he already knew what he wanted.

Ever since he heard his first song, thats all he ever wanted to do was become a musician. Creating masic for the masses like it was the magic they were surrounded with. To lift their spirits to the sky and fly away on the chords and strings as they played a melody unlike any other.

He sighed and closed the book written by his idol, Vinyl, and lifted a black fedora wih a white band across it as he started for the door, he knew it was going to be a rough and bumpy ride to the top. But there was no going back.

At first he thought that symphonic music was going to be the kind he made, but he needed speed, a rush with much more.... special sounds than strings and woodwinds. So he tried pop music next.. but it was as disappointing as the last, while yes it had more energy, it lacked a punch.

Rock was the next choice.. but he disliked the needlessly simple notes and bass..

Then he found it, a brand of music that had just arisen not too long ago, and he found his calling. Electronic music, synths, bass, growls, wubs, leads, all of it just sent him into a world of wonder that made him feel like he was meant to stay there forever, but even that faded with time...

But as luck would have it, he found that wonderful place again. But in a music he never thought possible.

EDM. A brand of music that had litterally appeard days ago, it called him like the first time he discovered music itself. It gave him a drive, a drive that he did not feel until he laid his ears on they complicated symphony of unique sounds and instruments that were combined in a way that made him ecstatic to the core. He wanted to surround his life with all hours of the day. But alas nobody would enjoy that like he would so he refrained

After buying some equipment and getting a synthesizer.... he began to create, call it a hunch, but he felt that the moment he made that song was the moment he was going on a trip that would last him a lifetime. Who knows, maybe he will become an Alicorn one day and could control music itself?

He walked out he door and set down the stairs to the front door. But stopped at the all to familiar sound of his mothers voice.

“Sweetie! Good morning! How well did you sleep last night?” He looked towards the Baby blue and pink-maned Mare with a wide smile on his face.

“I slept wonderfully! How well did you sleep?” At this his mothers face fell, but quckly became happy again.

“Good. But as always it could be better. Anyway would you come down here for a moment and eat your breakfast. Eggs and lettuce!” The young stallion smiled. He trotted down the stairs and took a seat near the head of the table, or as they called it, the “Seat of Power.”

He took a deep whiff of the food laid before him and smiled even more.

“It smells great, but i know it will taste even better... but maybe.....” at this his mother’s smile fell slightly.

“Whats wrong?” She asked, worried.

“Oh nothing... just, wondering something.”

She looked him in the eye and asked.

“You know you can ask me anything son. Anything.” He decided to ask her what had been sitting in the back of his mind for an hour now.

“Can i go to the market and see if they’re selling and equipment for music?” She contemplated for a moment before speaking.

“Yes, but stay away from anypony who seems suspicious or mean alright?” He nodded and began to stuff food into his mouth, quickly as to get done fast but slowly enough as to enjoy the amazing food that his mother seems to be able to make. Her talent may be analyzing star charts but that does not mean that she can’t cook. He stood up, excused himself, and levitated a small saddle bag from the rack next to the door and headed onwards outdoors. To the beautiful day that awaited him.

As he stepped out into the front yard the sun shone brightly, illuminating everything in a way that made it seem like it was perfect.. but society was never perfect, not in his eyes.


4 Years Ago

He trotted down the alleyway with his wife and son with smiles on their faces, they had just got done watching one of the first ever movies and were more than happy at the role the Eldest stallion played.

“Snap Shot that was the best movie i have ever seen!” His wife said happily.

“That was the only one you’ve ever seen.” He chuckled as they continued out into he open street. He immediately noticed the lack of ponies wandering around. “Huh, normally there would be more ponies out at this time.... I guess its later than I thought.” His wife looked down towards the small watch she held around her neck and frowned.

“No you were right, its about Eight Forty seven.” She said, still watching the time telling device.

“.. then why is nopony out right now?”

“Daddy who’s that?” Their young son asked, they both looked towards the direction he was pointing to see a stallion wearing a dark cloak closing in on them.

“Stay here, I’ll go see who it is.” Snap Shot said, he walked up to the stallion, and the stallion stopped in front of him. They looked at each other for a moment before Snap Shot spoke.

“Excuse me sir but have you se—” he was cut short by the blade that impaled itself in his chest, directly into his heart. He looked downwards towards where the blade’s hilt shown and simply looked back up to the mysterious assassin, only to find him gone. He slowly made his way back to where his wife and son were in tears, he put a hoof against his wifes chin and smiled.

“Keep our son safe...” he croaked, Snap Shot then bent down to where his son was, looked him in the eye and said. “Never, ever let anyone stand in the way of your dreams.”

“Even the Princesses?” His son asked, and he nodded.

“Even the Princesses.” He looked back towards then both, his vision darkening by the second and said one last thing. “I love you both.” His vision darkened and he was taken by the embrace of death.

His wife and son simply stared for a few moments before his wife lifted him up with her telekinesis and began to walk.

“Are we going home Mommy? And why is Daddy sleeping?” Asked the 4 Year old colt.

“Daddy’s sleeping because he’s tired, that movie took alot of energy to make...... we are.” She stopped as tears began to flow freely, but began to speak again. “We are going home.”

Author's Note:

I just want to say that comments will be needed for this story because, as it says in the blog, they will be the main source of direction. I don’t know if this actually is within the rules of the site but i sure as hell want something like this to be done. Submit OCs if you want your charater to be in the story, and be sure to add quotes if you want your character to say something specific and you wanna see how the main characters will react to said quote.

READ ONWARDS MY GOOD READER! LET NO DAMNABLE BLOCKADE STAND IN YOUR WAY!!!

*holds pen all high and mighty*

REMEMBER! Comment down below so you can influence the story to lean towards the DJ you like better! Be it Hex or DJ P0N-3
And as always if you like what you read you should show that and press he thumbs up button so hard ya break ya thumb......... well lets hope you don’t actually break thumb cause that would be bad.

This chapter is the prologue and is a bit of character developement. I’m sure you can all guess who this is but i will not say anything. I can neither confirm nor deny your theories.

The Egg laid the chicken... remember this and you will become ascended!

Comments ( 10 )

8961787
It broke my heart just to write that last part...

Oh wait.... is this whole chapter in italics?

Whoops XD

Welp i’m gonna fix that.

flashback to Batman but without Martha dieing and it being ponified

8962382
looks around suspiciously before leaning over and whispering.

“Good job, you got the reference.”

8962615
Eh marvel is better
*Triggers all DC fans*

8963103
No..... Star Trek is best.

*All Starwars fans are now raging hotter than the sun*

8963364
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Why you hate on star wars!!!!!!

8963426
What? I love star wars.

*everyone calms down*

8963548
Phew I thought I was going to go all Darth Vader(when he was corrupt) on you

Login or register to comment