• Published 27th May 2018
  • 612 Views, 8 Comments

Thirty Minutes till Shame - BronyDad



Twilight and friends have thirty minutes to get ready, but no one is dressed!

  • ...
3
 8
 612

Would You Just Get Dressed?!

“Hurry, Spike,” Twilight said as she trotted briskly toward the Carousel Boutique, glancing anxiously at the sun as it began to lower beneath the horizon. “We only have about half an hour before Princess Celestia and Luna arrive.”

This very night marked the five year anniversary of the night Nightmare Moon was defeated and Luna was returned to Equestria. In celebration of this, Ponyville was hosting a great festival to honor the love and dedication that Luna had shown them all since that fateful night. The festivities would last until dawn, and Twilight and her friends were the special guests of honor.

Several yards back, Spike was jogging while balancing a plate of blue cupcakes. “I'm moving as fast as I can!”

As Twilight neared the boutique, she tilted her horn toward the door, and it swung open just as she reached it. Hurrying inside, she called out, “Rarity? We're here.”

“I'm just finishing up,” came Rarity’s voice from upstairs. “The others are in the bedroom.”

“I'll just set these in the kitchen,” Spike said as he carried the plate of cupcakes out of sight.

Twilight climbed the stairs and stepped into the bedroom to find Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack standing while their dresses remained untouched on their mannequins.

With a frown, Twilight looked at Pinkie, who was eating cupcakes out of a large box. “Pinkie, why aren't you dressed?” She asked. “We need to leave in less than half an hour!”

Pinkie smiled, a glob of frosting stuck on her chin. “I will once I'm done eating. I didn't want to get icing on my dress.”

Twilight huffed. “Alright, but hurry up.” She turned to Applejack and Rainbow, who were both scowling and refusing to look at one another. “And why aren't the two of you dressed?”

Rainbow snorted. “I'm not getting dressed or going anywhere until Applejack apologizes.”

“And I ain't gonna apologize for doin’ nothin’ wrong,” Applejack retorted.

“You two couldn't have picked a worse night to fight.” Twilight sighed. “What happened?”

“We were on our way over here, and I was telling Applejack all about the latest Daring Do book—”

“For the seventh time!” Applejack interjected.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “And she knocks the book out of my hoof and into a mud puddle! It’s completely ruined!”

“It's mud! It can be wiped off!” Applejack snapped. “And it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been stickin’ the consarned thing in my face.”

“I was showing you an illustration!”

“You were gettin’ on my nerves!”

Twilight groaned and rubbed her temples, then walked over to the mannequin holding her dress. Removing the dress with her magic, she took off her crown and set it on the mannequin’s head, then quickly pulled it on.

Finished, she turned back to Pinkie, who was now talking with Spike. “Where’s Fluttershy?”

Just then, there was a knock at the bedroom door. Spike hurried over to open it, and found a pale and trembling Fluttershy huddled on the floor behind an annoyed Angel. With a wave, Angel turned and hopped away while Spike helped Fluttershy slowly climb to her hooves and walk inside.

“Fluttershy? What's wrong?” Twilight asked.

“Oh, nothing,” Fluttershy said shakily. “I only have to give a speech in front of not only Princess Celestia and Luna, but also the entire town.” She crumpled to the floor. “And I'm one of the guests of honor, so everypony there is going to be staring at me, and listening intently to what I say, and...and...oh!” She covered her head with her hooves.

“Fluttershy, I know this is difficult for you,” Twilight said gently as she placed a hoof on the trembling pegasus’s shoulder. “But you don't have to give a big speech. Just a few kind words will be enough.”

Fluttershy raised her head, her eyes nearly the size of saucer plates. “That might as well be a speech for me!”

Applejack suddenly shouted, “Well, that's what happens when ya shove somethin’ in somepony’s face! They reflexively push it away!”

Twilight rounded on the two of them. “Will you two please get dressed?!”

“No!” they yelled in unison before ramming their foreheads together and glaring at one another.

Grinding her teeth, Twilight prepared to tell the two of them off, but was interrupted by the bedroom door swinging open. Her jaw dropped as Rarity walked in wearing a stunning dress and a sparkling tiara sitting atop her wonderfully done up mane.

“Rarity, wow! You look amazing!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Thank you, darling.” Rarity smiled brightly. “You look absolutely fabulous yourself.” She turned her gaze to Spike in his tuxedo and little bow tie, and her smile widened. “And you look simply ravishing, Spike!”

As Spike’s face began to glow, Rarity raised her eyebrows at Fluttershy. “Um, why is Fluttershy collapsed on the floor?”

“Because she's totally freaking out!” Fluttershy squeaked from beneath her hooves.

“Fluttershy, darling, take deep breaths.” Rarity helped her up and led her to a chair in the back corner of the room. “Why don't you have a seat and try to calm down? I can look over your speech if you think that will help your nerves.”

“Why doesn't she get dressed while you do that?” Twilight asked, levitating Fluttershy’s dress to the desk beside the chair. “We’re running out of time.”

“Oh, yes,” Rarity agreed. “I'm sure you'll find some confidence once you see how amazing you look in your dress.”

“No!” Fluttershy cried without warning. “No, no, no, no!”

Rarity blinked and stepped back. “Well, I thought it was a splendid dress.”

Fluttershy shook her head. “No, not that. I forgot my notecards! I can't give a speech without them! I must have left them at home! I have to find them!”

In a panic, Fluttershy rushed across the room, flung open the window, and leaped out.

Galloping to the window, Twilight stuck her head outside. “Fluttershy! Please hurry!”

Turning from the window, Twilight found Pinkie’s face inches from her own. “Ah!” She fell back onto her rump. “Pinkie! Don't do that!”

Pinkie frowned as she studied her intently, then grinned widely. “Want a cupcake?”

“No, but thank you,” Twilight replied as she stood back up.

“Why are you so stressed out? We have plenty of time. The Town Hall is only two minutes away, and that's if we walk.” Pinkie patted Twilight on the head. “Just relax, we got this!”

“Relax?!” Twilight swatted Pinkie’s hoof away. “How can I relax?! The festival begins in twenty minutes and only one of you is ready! We're the guests of honor, what's it going to look like if we're late?!”

Pinkie gripped Twilight by the shoulders and shook her. “Twilight, you're going to a bad, bad place. We really need you to come back.”

Closing her eyes, Twilight took a deep breath. “You're right, Pinkie. I can't let the stress get to me. We've still got plenty of time.”

Just then, she heard Applejack say, “How many times do I have to tell ya, I'm not interested in Darin’ Do! I'm just not into those action adventurin’ books.”

Rarity cocked her head at Applejack. “Since we’re on the subject, I’m curious as to what kind of books you do like.”

“Ah, well.” Applejack adjusted her hat. “I read a bunch of different things.”

“Romances,” Rainbow said with a sly grin.

Applejack’s eyes went wide as she glanced around the room at the others, then narrowed as they met Rainbow’s. “Y’all got some nerve!”

In a high pitched, girly tone, Rainbow said, “Oh, Applejack, you complete me.” She then began to make kissy sounds while batting her eyelashes.

Her ears flattening against her head, Applejack scoffed. “There ain't nothin’ wrong with a mare indulgin’ in her feminine side. I act rough and tough enough ‘round the farm and dealin’ with the likes of you. If I wanna let my hair down at night, I think I have that right.”

“I completely agree.” Rarity nodded.

Rainbow snickered. “Then why do you go so far outta your way to keep it secret?”

“Probably the same reason you keep your spa visits secret,” Applejack replied with a devious grin of her own.

“I-I...don’t know what you're talking about,” Rainbow said quietly as she anxiously glanced at the others. “I don't ever go to the spa.”

“I've seen ya leavin’ there a few times,” Applejack pressed. “And ya always got this big content smile on your face.”

“I knew it!” Rarity suddenly yelled, pointing an accusatory hoof at Rainbow.

“No I...I don’t...it’s just…” Rainbow threw her hooves up in exasperation. “Fine! They give great wing massages, okay?!” As both Applejack and Pinkie started to laugh, Rainbow’s face flushed. “Alright, that's it! If you're not gonna apologize for ruining my book, then I'll ruin something of yours!”

“What—” Before Applejack could react, Rainbow launched into the air and snatched her hat from her head. Lightning fast, Applejack whipped around and caught Rainbow by the tail. “Oh no you don't,” she said through the side of her mouth.

With a great flick of her neck, Applejack sent Rainbow crashing to the floor. With a cry, Rainbow flailed her legs and kicked a cupcake out of Pinkie’s hoof. It soared through the air and struck Rarity in the chest.

“No!” Rarity cried. “Not the dress!”

“Uh...she did it.” Rainbow shoved the hat into Applejack’s face and rocketed off to the far corner of the room.

Placing her hat back atop her head, Applejack shot Pinkie a dirty look. “Well, it ain’t my fault. Who brings cupcakes with them when they're supposed to get dressed?”

“Who rough houses when they're supposed to get dressed?” Pinkie shot back.

“I do,” Rainbow answered. “Like every time. You should expect it by now.”

“Yes, Rainbow,” Rarity said unhappily as Spike attempted to scrape the icing off of her dress with a piece of fabric. “And the rest of us are patiently waiting for you to finally mature.”

“Ugh…” Twilight moaned. “Now the only one of you that was ready is now a mess. This is the exact opposite of getting ready!” She rounded on Pinkie. “That was your last cupcake, right? Can you please get ready now?”

Pinkie smacked her lips. “I will in a sec. First I gotta get some milk to wash these cupcakes down.” Without waiting for a response, she skipped out of the room.

“Hey, Rare,” Rainbow called from the far corner, “why don't you wear one of those shoulder draping thingys? That would totally hide the stain. You always say they're a great compliment to any dress.”

“I am quite aware of how a ‘shoulder draping thingy’ would compliment my dress, Rainbow.” Rarity rolled her eyes. “But what you fail to understand is if I let this stain sit overnight, the dress will be ruined. I have to treat this stain now, which means I cannot wear it tonight.”

“You can't…” Twilight's eyes widened. “Rarity, what are you going to wear?!”

Rarity sighed. “I don't know. I'll have to see what I have lying around.”

“Well, go look! Hurry and pick something!” Twilight urged, starting toward the closet.

Rarity shook her head. “Not until I'm certain the dress will be fine.” She turned to Spike. “Would you be a doll and get me a bucket of detergent and a scrub brush?”

“Of course!” Spike said, and then hurried out of the room.

Applejack turned to Rainbow. “Ya hear that? Now Rarity can't wear her dress. I guess it's you who needs to apologize now.”

Rainbow took to the air and hovered over Applejack. “How is this my fault?!”

“You tried to take my hat!” Applejack snapped.

“Well, you should have apologized for ruining my book.” Rainbow crossed her forelegs and turned her back. “If you had, then none of this would have happened.”

“Enough!” Twilight’s horn flashed and Applejack and Rainbow were teleported to opposite corners of the room. “Neither of you are allowed out of the corner until you can act like adults!”

Pinkie pranced back into the room, licking at the blue frosting on her lips. “What did I miss?”

“I think Twilight just grounded us,” Rainbow said with a smirk.

“Somepony had to do somethin’ ‘bout you,” Applejack said.

“As if your behavior has been any more appropriate, Applejack,” Rarity remarked.

Twilight began to tug at her mane. “You're all driving me crazy! And where's Fluttershy?!”

At that moment, there was a knock at the door. “How does she keep doing that?” Twilight asked as she used her magic to open the door.

A rather harried Angel stepped in, followed by a massive bear that was cradling Fluttershy. Gently, he set her down and pat her head before leaving. With a loud sigh, Angel followed the bear out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

Everypony slowly moved closer to the trembling pegasus. Rarity touched her shoulder. “Fluttershy? Darling, are you okay?”

“No,” Fluttershy replied softly as tears welled up in her eyes. “I left my notecards on the table, and one of the robins shredded them up to use in her nest.” She sniffled. “I have to write it all over again! And I only have twenty minutes!”

“Fifteen, actually,” Twilight corrected.

Fluttershy covered her head and squeaked miserably.

Spike returned with a bucket and brush. “Uh, why did I just pass a bear in the hallway?”

“It's a long story,” Twilight answered.

Scratching his head, Spike shrugged and set the bucket and brush down beside Rarity.
“Thank you so much, Spikey-wikey.” Rarity favored him with a beautiful smile, then set to work scrubbing her stained dress.

“So, Fluttershy, I guess those little varmits ain’t always so great after all, huh?” Applejack said.

Fluttershy sat up and scowled at Applejack. “It's not their fault. They didn't understand how important the cards were.” She wiped at her eyes and sighed. “I guess now I need some paper and ink. Oh, and a quill.”

All as one, everypony turned to look at Twilight. “What?” She glanced at them all in turn. “You just expect me to have extra supplies on hoof?”

“Usually, yeah,” Rainbow replied.

Rarity turned to Spike. “I'm sorry, darling, but could you please head downstairs and get Fluttershy what she needs?”

“Be right back,” Spike said as he headed out of the room.

“Oh my,” Fluttershy whimpered, “what should my speech say?”

Applejack trotted over and helped Fluttershy climb to her hooves. “Why don't ya just go with what you wrote earlier?”

“I'm not sure if I can remember.” Fluttershy swallowed hard. “I don't think I can recreate it.”

Her patience wearing thin, Twilight placed a hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder and gently guided her toward the desk. “Fluttershy, I get it, I was nervous about my speech too. But you know how I got over it?”

Fluttershy perked up. “How?”

“I got dressed,” Twilight said sternly, pointing at her dress still sitting on the edge of the desk.

Fluttershy's face fell. "Oh."

Applejack frowned as she watched Rarity scrub her dress. “Is there anythin’ I can do to help ya, Rarity?”

Rarity gave her a small smile. “I appreciate the sentiment, but no.”

“Applejack, if you really want to help,” Twilight interjected, “you can get dressed.”

Spike reentered the room. “Here you go, Fluttershy,” he said as he walked the supplies over to her. Turning to the rest of them, he asked, “Has anyone seen my sapphire cupcakes? I made them for a special treat for myself later tonight and put them in the kitchen, but they're missing now.”

“I don't feel so good…” Pinkie suddenly moaned as she flopped down on her haunches.

Spike spun to stare at Pinkie, and upon seeing the blue frosting still on her lips, ran toward her. “No, no, no!” He placed his hands on her belly as if to feel for the sapphires. “Rarity, come here and use your Find Gems spell.”

Rarity rolled her eyes and set the scrub brush aside. “It's not called a ‘Find Gems spell,’ this isn't your silly Ogres & Oubliettes game.” She tilted her horn toward Pinkie. “Oh dear…” She trailed off as five separate lights began to glow in Pinkie’s stomach.

“How could you eat my cupcakes?” Spike demanded.

“I thought they were some of mine that I misplaced,” Pinkie replied apologetically.

Spike frowned. “Don't you know how many you brought?”

“No,” Pinkie answered. “I brought a Pinkie’s dozen.”

Spike glanced around at the others and they all shrugged. “Alright, I'll bite,” he said. “What's a Pinkie’s dozen?”

“However many cupcakes I can fit in a box, of course!” She beamed, but the smile immediately died as she groaned and grabbed her stomach.

“Right, of course.” Spike slapped himself on the forehead.

“So...should we try to make her throw up?” Rainbow asked, uncertainly.

“That could be dangerous,” Twilight replied. “She could choke on them as they come back up.”

Rainbow moved to Pinkie’s side and patted her back. “I mean, if she didn't choke on them the first time…”

Spike rubbed his chin. “How did you even eat them? Didn't you notice there was something rock hard in them?”

“I just thought it was rock candy,” Pinkie said.

Throwing his hands up in the air, Spike exclaimed, “Weren't you the one that made them?! Shouldn't you have realized that you didn't put rock candy in your cupcakes?!”

Pinkie smiled sheepishly. “Honestly, my mind goes a bit numb whenever frosting is involved.”

For a moment, Spike just stood there, then he turned away. “I got nothing.”

“Um, excuse me,” Fluttershy called from the desk. “Do any of you know if there is a ‘c’ in the word acquaintance?”

“What's it matter?” Rainbow asked. “You're speaking it, not spelling it.”

Fluttershy sunk in her chair. “Misspellings make me nervous.”

Rainbow snorted. “Everything makes you nervous!”

“Oh, please don't yell.” Fluttershy sunk further down. “I can't write if I'm nervous.”

“Yes, Fluttershy,” Twilight answered. “It's right after the ‘a’.”

“Nice goin’, yellin’ at Fluttershy.” Applejack scowled. “Ya feelin’ good ‘bout yourself now?”

“Probably as good as you feel while reading your erotica,” Rainbow snapped.

“I don't read erotica,” Applejack retorted. “I read romance.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “What's the difference?”

“Um...everythin’?”

Twilight glanced at the two of them and realized Applejack was wearing her dress. “Applejack! You look so elegant.”

Applejack’s cheeks turned red. “Aww shucks, Twi. Thanks.”

Rainbow grinned devilishly. “Maybe tonight you'll find your real life Beefy McSteel Rod.”

“There ain't no ‘Beefy McSteel Rod’ in any of my books!” Applejack growled.

“I know!” Rainbow laughed. “I just wanted to get you to say that name.”

Applejack darted forward. “That's it, you rackin’ frackin’—”

Rainbow stumbled back away from Applejack’s charge and knocked over several mannequins that were wearing beautiful dresses.

“Would you two please stop this nonsense?” Rarity scolded. “I need to deliver those dresses to Manehattan in three days, and I would appreciate it if you could refrain from ruining them.”

Somepony suddenly retched, causing them all to turn toward Pinkie. Her face now a shade of green, Pinkie retched again.

“No!” Rarity wailed. “Pinkie, not on…” Pinkie got sick on the carpet. “...the carpet,” Rarity finished.

Rainbow raced over and patted Pinkie on the back, whispering words of encouragement. With a glance at the mess, she grimaced and called out, “Uh, I found the missing sapphires.”

Spike pulled on a pair of rubber gloves. “I'm going in.”

“Eww,” everypony cried in unison.

“Spike, no,” Twilight said. “Give it up. They're gone now.”

Spike snorted a puff of smoke. “Fine.” He walked away, and crossing his arms, flopped down on the floor.

Rarity frowned at the sick on her floor. “Now I have something else to scrub.”

“I'll clean it,” Twilight offered. “You finish with your dress.”

Rarity glanced at her dress spread out on the bed. “I think I've done all I can for now. I'll have to wash it when I get back.”

“Then find something to wear,” Twilight said as she levitated the bucket and brush over to her. She studied the mess for a moment. “Um, what's the best way to clean this?”

“Fluttershy, I'm sure you've had this happen in your home before,” Rarity said as she trotted toward the pegasus. “What’s the most efficient way to remove...sick from carpet?”

Fluttershy turned from her notecards and stared at Rarity blankly for a moment. Finally, she asked, “Would it be okay to bring up how horrible Nightmare Moon was if I use it to emphasise how wonderful Luna is?”

“Okay, thanks. I'll try that then.” Rolling her eyes, Rarity turned away. Glancing at Twilight, she said, “I suppose just use the detergent. Hopefully, that will get the job done.” She disappeared into her closet.

Grabbing a waste bin with her magic, Twilight dumped the bits of fabric scraps out and brought it over to the mess. She lifted the sapphires and laid them inside the bin, then glancing out of the window, she teleported the bin next to the garbage can.

“I think I'll get dressed now,” Pinkie mumbled. “I pretty sure nothing else is gonna go in or out of me for the rest of the night.”

“Well, that's two of you,” Twilight said as she dipped the scrub brush into the detergent and began to scrub the floor.

Rarity came out of the closet in a dark purple dress. “Yes, this could do,” she said as she looked in the mirror, but then she turned sideways and made a face. “Oh, now I remember why I don't wear this. I do not like what it does to my flanks.”

“What do ya mean?” Applejack asked. “I think it looks great.”

“It makes my flanks look wider,” Rarity stated.

“Oh, yeah,” Applejack said, stretching her neck to look at Rarity from the side. “I see it now.”

Rarity adjusted her tiara. “This simply will not do,” she huffed as she returned to the closet.

Having seen Rarity fidgeting with her tiara, Twilight raised a hoof to find her head bare. With a start, she turned to the mannequin she remembered placing her crown on, and found it toppled on the ground.

Frantically searching the floor, Twilight cried, “My crown! Has anypony seen my crown?! It’s missing!”

Spike came bounding over. “Where did you have it last?”

“On that mannequin.” Twilight pointed. “Can you help me find it?”

“If Pinkie hasn't already eaten it,” Spike grumbled.

Her ears drooping, Pinkie trotted up beside Spike and began setting mannequins right side up. “Sorry about your cupcakes, Spike,” she said as she searched the floor for the crown. When Spike nodded but remained silent, she continued, “Maybe tomorrow we can go to Maud’s cave and get you some more jewels.”

“I'm listening,” Spike said as he stooped to look beneath a desk.

Pinkie beamed. “And then we can head back to Sugarcube Corner, and I'll bake you up a Pinkie’s dozen.”

Spike straightened. “How big a box are we talking?”

“The same size that I brought here.”

“Deal!” Spike enthusiastically shook Pinkie’s hoof, and then they both began to chuckle.

“Well, good for you two!” Twilight shouted. “Meanwhile, I'll be showing up to the festival late without my crown!”

Rarity came out of her closet wearing a pink dress and a confused expression. “Why is Twilight yelling?”

“Because she's like ten seconds away from a full on Twilight Sparkle mental breakdown,” Rainbow informed her.

Twilight’s brow furrowed as she felt her face flush with anger. “I am not about to have a me breakdown!” she yelled.

Pinkie rushed over. “Twilight, remember about ten minutes ago when I told you that you were going to a bad place?”

“Yes, I remember! And here we are ten minutes later, and only two of you are ready!” She rounded on Rarity. “Please tell me you're done so we can get the other two ready.”

Rarity studied her reflection in the mirror for a moment, then shook her head. “I'm afraid not. This dress really goes better with a hat rather than a tiara.”

“Oh my gosh, would you just pick a dress already!” Twilight screamed. “I don't know what kind of game you think you're playing, but enough is enough!”

Rarity stumbled back. “I—”

“I don't want to hear it!” Twilight ranted. “Just pick a dress and put it on! I don't care if it makes your flanks look wide, or if the color doesn't match your eyes! Just put it on!”

A dark look passed over Rarity’s face. “You know what, Twilight? It's been a long day.” Her horn lit up and her dress slipped off of her and floated to a nearby mannequin. “I think I'm going to get to bed early tonight.”

“You're going to bed early?” Twilight blinked. “What do you mean?”

“I’d think it was obvious,” Rarity said matter-of-factly. “I'm going to bed now.”

“B-but the festival,” Twilight sputtered. “You're a guest of honor.”

“I'm sure the festival can do with five guests of honor.” Rarity opened the closet door and stepped inside. “I'm sure you can show yourselves out.” She slammed the door shut.

“Rarity!” Twilight cried as she hurried to the door. “You have to come! What's it going to look like if we go without you?”

“I don't really care,” Rarity said through the door. “After all, I’m not the one who always desperately seeks Princess Celestia’s approval.”

Rainbow, who had moved to stand beside Twilight, grimaced. “Ouch. Uh, kind of a low blow there, Rare.”

“No,” Twilight said, shaking her head, “she's right. That's exactly what all of this has been about. I was so worried about us getting there on time and giving our speeches and making the princesses proud.” She paused to sniff and wipe at her eyes. “I'm sorry, Rarity. I've been a horrible friend. Ever since I got here, I've just been yelling at you all to get ready. I haven't even been paying attention to the problems you're all dealing with.”

Twilight glanced over at Fluttershy, who had set her writing aside and was watching her with wide eyes. “Fluttershy, I'm sorry I wasn't more sensitive to you're plight. I know that you're terrified right now, but I ignored it because I was focusing on what I wanted.” She turned to Rainbow and Applejack. “And I'm sorry that I've been ignoring the fight you two have been having. I'm sure I could have helped you resolve this quickly if I’d only tried. But I didn't.”

She placed a hoof on the door. “But most of all, Rarity, I'm sorry for yelling at you. I know I had no right to do so, and you didn't deserve to be treated so badly.” Her voice broke as she began to cry. “Can you please forgive me?”

The door flew open, and Rarity hurried out to embrace her. “Of course, I forgive you, darling. I know you didn't mean it, and I'm sorry I let it make me so angry. Truth be told, I'm rather anxious about this speech myself, and perhaps that's why I was so touchy.”

“Yeah.” Applejack poked at the carpet before turning her gaze up to meet Rainbow’s. “I’m a mite nervous too. Sorry I was so irritable ‘bout your Darin’ Do ramblings.”

Rainbow smiled. “Honestly...me too. That's why I was talking about Daring Do so much. It was keeping my mind off of it.”

“And me! And me!” Pinkie hopped up and down. “That's why I was stress eating cupcakes!”

Fluttershy approached the group. “I'm pretty nervous about it as well.”

“We know,” said the others all as one.

As Rarity released her, Twilight stood tall and wiped her eyes dry. “Alright, girls, we need to leave in five minutes. Spike, you help Fluttershy finish her speech, quickly. Rainbow, get dressed. Pinkie, keep looking for my crown. And Applejack, help Rarity pick a dress.” She turned back to the bucket and brush. “I'm going to finish scrubbing this mess.”

Everypony split up and focused on their assigned task. Once Rainbow finished getting dressed, she joined in Pinkie’s search for the crown, and Spike read over Fluttershy’s finished speech while she pulled on her dress.

Just as Twilight finished cleaning and was setting the bucket and brush aside, She heard Pinkie shout out. “I found it! I found it!”

Twilight smiled. “I knew you would, Pinkie!”

Pinkie bounced toward her, and Twilight lowered her head and allowed her friend to place the crown upon it

“Are we all set?” Twilight beamed as all her friends voiced their affirmative, and she led the way out of the room, down the stairs, and out onto the street.

They arrived at the Town Square with two minutes to spare, and Twilight breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of the empty head table. All around, the townsponies were arriving and finding seats while the vendors were rushing to finish at their stalls.

Mayor Mare hurried over to them and smiled brightly. “I'm so pleased you're here! Go ahead and have a seat. We're going to be getting a late start, it seems Princesses Celestia and Luna are running late.”

Twilight shared a look with her friends and grinned. “We totally understand.”

Perplexed, the mayor turned and trotted away as Twilight pulled her friends into a large group hug and together they erupted in laughter.

Comments ( 8 )

Well, that was exactly twenty paragraphs too long.

What episode is the picture from?

Great little slice of life story! :twilightsmile:

At least they didn't had to keep track of the crusaders as well. Can you imagine?

8968042
I don't think Twilight would have survived that.:rainbowlaugh:

Very funny. Reminds me of that episode from Friends

This is quite amusing. Dash and Applejack fighting like toddlers was hilarious. The resolution was rather heartwarming.

Login or register to comment