• Published 25th May 2018
  • 12,796 Views, 149 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: Forgotten Friendship - Wildcard25



Sunset Shimmer must recover the good memories of herself from her friends with the help of some old allies before those memories are gone forever.

  • ...
9
 149
 12,796

Blue Crushed

At the beach shore, Mikey stood with Applejack and Rainbow Dash with all three carrying surfboards. Rainbow's had a a sun with a cloud and lightning bolt rainbow design, Applejack's had an apple with a wave, and Mikey's board looked pizza designed. Watching them from the side was Fluttershy, Shini, Donnie, and Raph.

"Oh, yeah. Time to get my surf on!" Mikey cheered.

"Be careful, Mikey, or you'll wipe out." Raph warned him.

"Not this boy, Raph. This turtle was made for riding waves." Mikey boasted, while winking at Shini who giggled.

"That I have to see." Shini replied.

Rainbow and A.J meanwhile were trying to convince Fluttershy into joining them, "You sure you don't want to try it, Fluttershy? You can use my board." Rainbow offered.

"You'll be hangin' ten in no time. Twenty, even." Applejack added.

"Not really possible, but you get the gist." Donnie noted.

"Oh, no-no-no-no. I'll leave that to the experts like you, Mikey, and Rai-" Fluttershy was cut off as a new figure approached.

He was a tall boy with pale light grayish gold colored hair done up in a big bun. He was carrying a surfboard that looked like it was made from wood, "Who's ready for a lesson in the fine art of the crush? Afternoon, ladies," he noticed the turtle brothers, "And, turtles."

"My brother?!" Fluttershy gasped.

"Brother?" The turtles asked collectively.

"That's right," Zephyr greeted them, "The famous ninja turtles. My sister's told me so much about you three. Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael." he motioned to Raph, Mikey, and then Donnie clearly mixing them up.

"Get our name's right." Raph frowned.

"My bad. It's just hard to keep track which turtles was which since you all wear different colored masks," Zephyr continued, "My name's Zephyr Breeze; Fluttershy's little brother."

The turtles were surprised at that, as Shini looked his height over, "Little brother, huh?" she asked with her hands on her hips.

"What can I say, I hit an early growth spurt." he winked at her, making Mikey growl in jealousy.

Rainbow Dash chuckled, "Zephyr Breeze? Since when do you surf?"

Zephyr chuckled back, "Since always. I mean, look at this deck.," he showed them his board, "Gladys. She's my pride and joy. She and I have been together for what seems like a lifetime."

"No, you haven't. You only just—" Fluttershy was cut off by her brother.

"Waxed her this morning? Yes, it's true. See that shine? She's ready to seize the waves, so to speak."

"Well, we'll see how it holds up." Mikey said.

A.J groaned, "Let's quit hollerin' and hit the water then."

"What's that now?" Zephyr asked in confusion.

"Come on, Zephyr! Show us what you and "Gladys" can do!" Rainbow said as she, Applejack, and Mikey grabbed their boards and raced for the water.

Zephyr chuckled nervously, and answered, "Okay..." he followed the three.

Raph spoke to the others, "Any of you buy that guy can actually surf?"

"Nuh-uh." Shini replied.

"Fluttershy, you told your brother about us?" Donnie asked the shy girl.

"I did. I'm sorry." she answered in regret.

"But why?" Raph asked.

"Well, there was one time he came up behind me so quietly he startled me and I may have flipped him over my shoulder and pinned him to the ground." Fluttershy explained sheepishly.

"What?" Donnie gasped.

"Girl, you're tougher than you look." Shini chuckled.

"He asked me where I learned such a move from, and he wouldn't get off my case about it."

"I know how that feels with Mikey constantly getting up in my business." Raph admitted.

"He asked if I could teach him some ninja moves." Fluttershy continued.

"Did you?" Donnie asked in worry.

"Oh, no. The last thing I want my brother to do is hurt himself."

"Thank goodness," Donnie said in relief, "Trust me, I had to do that for someone and it was a nightmare."

"Yeah. Zephyr's like the spitting image of Pulverizer." Raph put in.

"Look, they're heading out to the waves." Shini motioned to the surfers.


As Mikey, Applejack, Rainbow, and Zephyr were on their boards while going out into the water, they could see a wave coming, "Wow! Looks like a big one, dudette's!" Mikey cheered.

Applejack turned to Zephyr, "How would you tackle it?"

Zephyr stammered nervously, "Me? Uh, well, to be honest, I think it's best to start smaller. You girls probably aren't rea—" he was cut off as Rainbow Dash called, "Here it comes!"

"All right!" Mikey cheered, as they rode up the wave cheering, while Zephyr was screaming.

The two Rainbooms and party turtle cheered as they rode the giant wave, "Cowabunga!" Mikey shouted in excitement.

"Isn't this great? The waves today are just killer!" Rainbow called out.

Zephyr was clinging to his board, and answered, "That's what I'm afraid-Aah! He slipped off his board and fell into the water.

"Zephyr?" Rainbow asked, as the three looked back seeing him drowning in the wave.

"Hang on, bro!" Mikey called, as he surfed the wave to reach Zephyr. Upon reaching the boy he pulled him into his board, "I gotcha."

"Get me to shore!" Zephyr cried.


Later on, as everyone returned to shore, Zephyr sat down looking embarrassed, while the others were disappointed, "Why on Earth would you try to hack it out there without knowin' how? You could've got hurt!" Applejack scolded him.

"I did! My pride, that is. Wounded." Zephyr grinned, while everyone groaned.

"That's all? Your pride?" Raph asked in disbelief.

"Try having some common sense and not act like a big shot at something you clearly lack the talent to do." Donnie scolded him.

Rainbow Dash spoke up, "Zephyr..."

Zephyr spoke up while taking Rainbow's hand, " I know. I've shocked you all. But Rainbow Dash, if you could find the strength to forgive me and the courage to keep from hopelessly falling for my-"

"If you're trying for drama, it's not working." Shini voiced her annoyance.

"Sorry, but seriously, Rainbow, maybe you could give me some tips?"

Rainbow sighed at Zephyr's pleading look, "Fine. But I'm only doing this for Gladys," she rubbed the board and whispered to it, "He doesn't deserve you."

"Zephyr, if you really work hard at something and pay attention, you may actually be able to pull it off." Donnie told him.

"Thank you... Donnie?" he asked, as Donnie nodded in confirmation, "And since I finally met the famous ninjas who trained my sister to be quite the fighter, perhaps you would be interested in teaching..."

He was cut off by Mikey, Donnie, and Raph, "NO!"

Zephyr grumbled while crossing his arms, "I was just asking."

Mikey spoke to Rainbow, "Well, Rainbow, seems you got your work cut out helping Zephyr. If you dudes need me. I got a ride the wave of destiny! Booyakasha!" he took off for the water again with his board, while the others rolled their eyes playfully.