• Published 25th May 2018
  • 12,925 Views, 150 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: Forgotten Friendship - Wildcard25



Sunset Shimmer must recover the good memories of herself from her friends with the help of some old allies before those memories are gone forever.

  • ...
9
 150
 12,925

Big Sister Karai

Author's Note:

This one's a little short I made myself. Hope you enjoy it.

Out on the beach, Karai was walking along the sand with Spike walking at her side. The pup looked up at the kunoichi and saw a rare happy smile on her face. The dog decided to speak up, "You seem awfully happy, Karai."

Karai snapping out of her moment answered, "Really? I hadn't noticed." she continued to smile.

"Alright, spill." Spike said.

"Well, all my life I've been trained to be a kunoichi. I've never had a normal childhood or life for that matter. Now that Shredder's gone, and his Foot Clan's disbanded, I feel like I can have a normal life outside the Foot Clan I've put together. And coming here is the perfect way to relax and leave all my troubles behind."

The two suddenly stopped when they heard sobbing, "You hear that?" Spike asked.

"I do." Karai agreed, as she and Spike looked around for the source.

They looked up ahead and saw a little girl about five years old all alone. She had short light blue hair with a red hair clip in it, bright purple eyes, cream colored skin, and was wearing a small blue one piece swimsuit.

The little girl continued to sob to herself, as Karai and Spike walked over to her. The ninja girl spoke to the young one, "Hey, are you ok?"

The little girl looked up at the older one and gasped, "Who're you?"

"My name's Karai, and this is Spike," she motioned to the dog, "What's your name?"

"I'm Harmony Song." she girl answered.

"Harmony. That's a pretty name," Harmony blushed, as Karai continued, "Now what's the matter?"

Harmony sniffled, "I was with my mom a bit ago, but then I started following a crab in the sand. The next thing I knew I was lost."

"You've lost your mother?" Karai asked in shock.

"Mmhmm." Harmony nodded sadly.

"That's terrible." Karai said in sympathy

Spike seeing the little girl all sad knew what he had to do. He walked up to Harmony and playfully licked her hand. Harmony looked at the dog who was panting at her. She smiled a bit and pat his head, "Nice doggy." she told Spike who enjoyed the patting.

Karai looked around seeing the beach was so big, and couldn't just leave Harmony all by herself. So she knew what she had to do, "You know what, Harmony? I'm gonna help you."

Harmony looked up at Karai and asked, "Really?"

Karai nodded, "Uh-huh. You just leave everything to Big Sister Karai." she stood proudly. Harmony smiled feeling so much better.


Soon the two girls and dog were walking along the beach in search for Harmony's mom. Karai decided to make small talk with the girl, "So you came here to the beach with your mom?"

"Yeah." she confirmed.

"Do you like it here?"

Harmony nodded, "I do. We come here every summer."

"Must be nice. This is the first time I've ever been on the beach ever." Karai admitted.

"You've never been to the beach before?" Harmony asked her.

"I haven't. Never really had the time or day."

"Didn't your mom and dad take you anywhere?"

Karai sighed, "Sadly, my mother died when I was just an infant."

"Really?" Harmony gasped, and Karai nodded, "What about your dad?"

Karai wasn't sure how to answer that to a child, but said what she could muster up, "My dad and I didn't exactly lead a normal life," Harmony was confused, but said nothing, "But my dad loved me as I've been told how much my mom did too. When he passed on months ago I felt as if I lost a part of my family."

"That's sad." Harmony said, as she started feeling sad for the older girl.

Karai smiled, "But I didn't lose my family completely. I still have my friends and even my brothers in my life."

"You have brothers?"

"Yeah. They're an odd bunch, but I guess that's how siblings are," Karai chuckled, before noticing an ice cream truck parked on the pier, "How about some ice cream?" she offered.

"Sure." Harmony nodded.

"Great. Spike, keep an eye on her, ok?" Karai ordered the pup who barked in confirmation.

As Karai went to get ice cream, Harmony went down to Spike and began scratching his head, before he laid back allowing her to rub his belly, "You like this?" she asked as Spike panted. Harmony laughed at how cute Spike was being.

Karai came back holding two strawberry flavored ice cream cones, "Do you like strawberry, Harmony?"

Harmony smiled brightly, "I love it." Karai smiled at her answer and gave the girl her cone.

The two girls sat down on some stairs leading up to the pier, and licked their ice cream. As Karai took a lick of hers she didn't realize some of the cream got on her nose. When Harmony looked at Karai she began giggling. Karai looked at her, "What's so funny?" she asked amusingly.

"You got ice cream on your face." the little girl laughed.

Karai noticed Spike looked up at her and was stifling a laugh himself. When Karai took a close look and saw some of the ice cream on the tip of her nose she couldn't help but laugh herself, "I guess I do," she smirked, as she gently got some of the ice cream on her finger and playfully dabbed it on Harmony's nose, "Now you got some on your face too." the two girls laughed together.


Soon the two were walking the beach again, still on the hunt for Harmony's mother. Harmony looked up at Karai and spoke to her, "Karai?"

"Yes?"

"I'm glad I met you today." the little girl confessed.

"You are?" Karai asked in surprise.

Harmony nodded, "You've been the big sister I've always wanted in my life."

Karai blushed a little before answering, "Well, I'm glad you feel that way."

Harmony looked ahead and suddenly saw an adult woman who looked like an older version of herself with longer hair, and was wearing sandals, blue shorts, a yellow top and wore a sun hat. Harmony smiled brightly and called out while running to her, "Mommy!"

The woman recognizing the sound of that voice looked over, and saw Harmony running for her, "Harmony!" she cried, as she bent down and hugged her daughter who laughed happily, "I was so worried about you. Are you all right?"

"I'm fine mommy. I was with Karai. She helped me look for you." Harmony introduced them.

"She did?" her mom asked.

"Yes. She's super nice." Karai blushed from Harmony's compliment.

Harmony's mom went to Karai and spoke, "Thank you so much for looking after my girl, Ms. Karai. How can I ever repay you?"

"I'm just doing what I can to look out for the young ones, ma'am." Karai answered humbly.

"I'm sure your parents must be very proud of you." the mom continued.

Karai was taken aback by what Harmony's mom said, and thought to herself, 'Yeah. They sure would be.'

"Karai?" Harmony asked, as Karai snapped out of her thoughts and looked down at Harmony. The little girl motioned Karai to come down closer to her height. Karai lowered herself down a bit, and suddenly found herself pulled into a hug by Harmony. Karai was surprised at this, until she heard what the girl had to say, "Thanks for everything. I'll always think of you as my big sister."

Karai upon hearing that shed a small tear, before hugging Harmony back, and answered, "Consider yourself my honorary little sister, Harmony."

Soon Karai and Spike watched as Harmony and her mother left, with Karai feeling happier than she was already. Spike nudged Karai's leg and spoke, "Nice job there, 'Big Sister Karai'." he finished while sounding cheeky.

Karai smirked and started scratching Spike's head and the two laughed, "Come on, boy," Karai said, as she picked Spike up and carried him, and looked out into the sea and envisioned herself standing next to Splinter as a human and her mother Tang Shen, 'That could've been a nice life for us.' she thought.