• Published 25th May 2018
  • 12,925 Views, 150 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls: Forgotten Friendship - Wildcard25



Sunset Shimmer must recover the good memories of herself from her friends with the help of some old allies before those memories are gone forever.

  • ...
9
 150
 12,925

Unexpected Partner

Rocksteady and Bebop's van drove through town before reaching the beach, "We're here." Fugitoid said.

"Then let's see if the girls will believe me now." Sunset said, as she got out.

"We coming with. You need vouching." Rocksteady reminded her. Sunset nodded, as they walked onto the beach.

Sunset and the Fugitoid went ahead and stopped at the Rainbooms, who didn't look amused at Sunset's return, "Oh, look who's back." Rainbow Dash said dryly.

Sunset panted before speaking, "Great news, guys! I figured it out. Someone's erased your memory with Equestrian magic! You don't remember, but we're still friends!" The girls still not buying her act didn't answer, until Fugitoid held up the picture of what they were looking for.

"This is the Memory Stone. It has the power to steal ones memories or bits of memories," he explained, "This is why you girls don't remember Sunset being good. Someone is using it to wipe your memories of her."

"Exactly, I mean look at these," Sunset showed the girls group shots of all seven of them, "See this proves we're friends."

The Rainbooms weren't sure how to respond to it, but someone else did. Entering the fray was Trixie who spoke up in a snobby manner, " Oh, please. This is the same girl who made flawless fake photos of your friend trashing the gym."

"Ms. Lulamoon, you are rudely interrupting a private conversation!" Fugitoid scolded her, but Trixie didn't mind.

Pinkie looked at the pictures and gasped, "Yeah, wait a minute! Is this supposed to be me making such a ridiculous face? Ha! I'd never fake a face like that!" Pinkie showed a selfie on Sunset's phone of her making a ridiculous face, while at the same time making the face in real life, "Preposterous! Fake, I say!"

"Then what was that face you were just making?" Fugitoid asked dryly while crossing his arms.

Trixie just cackled, "My work here is done. Trixie out!" she threw a smoke bomb in the sand creating a sand explosion. It cleared to reveal Trixie was heading up the dock before calling out to Rarity, "And don't forget, Rarity! You promised to put me in the yearbook!" she took her leave.

"Wait, you did what?" Sunset asked Rarity in disbelief.

Before anyone could say a thing, Bebop and Rocksteady finally arrived, as the rhino spoke, "Sandy beach is really hot."

"So any progress?" Bebop asked Sunset.

"Bebop and Rocksteady?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"What're you two doing here?" Applejack asked in equal confusion.

"We is here to help the friend." Rocksteady motioned to Sunset Shimmer.

"Since when are you three friends?" Rainbow asked while crossing her arms.

"Yeah. We thought you two were our friends." Pinkie added with a pout.

"And we is." Rocksteady assured her.

"Dang, girl. It's worse than what you said," Bebop told Sunset, before speaking to the Rainbooms, "I mean for reals, girls. Ain't you all about forgiveness, friendship and understating, don't us backing her up and fuge-o-dude mean anything?"

Rockstead nodded, "Da, in fact, let Rocksteady ask, what is exactly last memory you girls had with Sunset before today?" The girls tried to answer, but realized they don't remember anything after she turned back from being a demon. Rocksteady crossed his arms and snorted, "Exactly what I thought."

"And if you want more proof I can give it," Sunset added, "Maybe pictures won't change your mind, but let me ask you this. If we're not friends. Then how come I remember what happened in New York the first time we met the turtles? Shredder and the Dazzlings teaming up. Or how about in Space? The planets we visited like Xaava-Dal the home of the Aeon's who held the first piece of the Black Hole Generator, Varuna where Hiidrala and the Daagon who held the second fragment, Magdomar the home of Tokka where Raph and Rainbow Dash became foster parents to her baby Chompy, Dimension X where we fought Kraang Subprime and the rest of the Kraang with the help of Bishop and the Utrom Council? What about on the Triceraton mother ship where we befriended Traximus, or Sectoid 1 where we fought Lord Dregg and Armaggon? And when we fought the Super Shredder, Leo was the one to end him for good. If I wasn't there with you girls then how can I possibly know all of that?"

Before any of them could answer, Fugitoid spoke up, "And don't you even think about accusing her of getting all those details out of me, because she didn't."

"But if you want real proof, then what about this?" Sunset pulled out a tanto blade with a familiar clan symbol on the sheath, "This Tanto Blade was given to me by Master Splinter the night I became a kunoichi just like the rest of you and April O'Neil. It is a symbol that I am officially a member of the Hamato clan like you girls. This is not something I can just fake."

The girls were shocked and confused from everything that came from Sunset's mouth. Those were important events in their lives outside home. But how could Sunset know about those particular events so well detailed if to them she wasn't there?

Bebop snorted seeing they were too flabbergasted to even answer, "Sunset, this isn't working."

"Da. We should focus on matter at hand." Rocksteady reminded her.

"I hate to say it, Sunset, but they're right," Fugitoid agreed, "The girls are of no help to us if they can't even believe any of us."

Sunset didn't want to abandon her friends, but couldn't deny the guys were right. Without their memories of her and only the bad stuff remaining convincing them was a lost cause. All they could do was find the Memory Stone and undo it's affects, "You're right," she spoke to the girls, "Sorry to have bothered all of you." she turned and left.

As Bebop and Rocksteady followed her, Fugitoid turned back at the girls with one last thing to say, "Deep down you know the stuff you said to Sunset is all lies. Well, I promise you girls we're going to find that Memory Stone and undo all this. And then you all better be prepared to give a full apology." he hurried to catch up with Sunset and the mutant duo. The Rainbooms were still shocked and unsure what just happened. Was something wrong with them, and Sunset was telling the truth? This was something they would have to ponder on.


That night at Sunset's place, Bebop and Rocksteady's van was parked outside as the two mutants were sleeping inside it. In the house, Fugitoid was charging up, while Sunset was sitting on her bed hugging her knees, "If we don't find that stone, I'll never be able to clear my good name." she sighed in sorrow.

"Sunset Shimmer." came a voice. Sunset brought her head up and saw Master Splinter standing at the foot of her bed.

"Sensei," Sunset gasped, "Things aren't looking good here, Master Splinter. The girls have forgotten we're friends."

"I am aware of the situation," Splinter assured, "There is indeed powerful magic afoot somewhere close."

"We have to find that Memory Stone before who knows what else happens." Sunset told him.

"Correct. I fear whoever holds this magic is being corrupted by what it is capable of."

"But who would do such a thing to us, Sensei?"

"I do not know, but what I do know is you must remain strong, Sunset Shimmer, for yourself and everyone else."

Sunset looked away and answered, "Easier said than done, when everyone you've grown close to suddenly sees you as yesterday's enemy," she looked back to see Splinter was gone. She sighed, "Thanks for the pep talk, Master." she decided to catch some Zs.


Monday arrived, and Bebop and Rocksteady had drove Sunset and Fugitoid to the school. Bebop spoke to the other three as they parked, "We spent all Sunday looking for that stone and nothing came up."

"Da. We looked all over town and find nothing." Rocksteady added.

"We musn't give up, my friends. Remember the fate of the Rainbooms Friendship is in our hands." Fugitoid reminded them.

"Fugitoid's right. That stone and whoever has it must be close by." Sunset noted.

"Think someone at school has it?" Bebop asked.

"That's my hunch," Sunset confirmed, "So maybe we should start looking around the school."

"Well, count me in." Fugitoid declared.

"Don't you have class to teach?" Sunset reminded him.

"Last night before going into recharge mode I phoned Principal Celestia and told her I had other matters to attend to for today so she managed to find a sub for me."

"Well, that's good to know. We can search the school together." Sunset said.

"Hey, what about us?" Bebop asked.

"You are not overlooking us, nyet?" Rocksteady wondered.

"No. But I can't have you two just waltzing into school willy nilly."

"So we don't get seen." Bebop reminded her, as he activated is invisibility field, and deactivated it to prove his point.

"All right, but you two have to keep close to me at all time and not stray." Sunset ordered them.

"No worries, girl." Bebop promised, as he and Rocksteady huddled together before activating the invisibility field so they were both camouflaged.

Sunset Shimmer and Fugitoid went into the school, as their mutant allies followed from behind. As Sunset walked through the hall, she saw every student was giving her scared looks like they used to give her, "Oh dear," Fugitoid feared, "Looks like whoever wiped the memories of the Rainbooms did it to every student here."

"Great," Sunset said in sarcasm, "Bad enough my friends still think I'm bad, but now everyone thinks I still am."

She was so caught up in her pity party she accidentally bumped into Micro Chips. She reached down and offered the boy her hand, but Micro took it as another gesture and reached into his pocket and put money in her hand. Sunset dropped the money and spoke in frustration, "I don't want your lunch money!" she pulled Micro to his feet and shoved the money in his chest, "I'm not mean, got that?!" Micro just up and left in fright, "I'm not mean!"

"Sunset!" Fugitoid snapped.

"What?!" she snapped back.

"Calm down!" Fugitoid ordered her.

Sunset realizing she was letting the pressure get to her sighed, "I'm so sorry."

"I understand there's a lot going on right now, but remember nobody here is in their right mind when it concerns you." Fugitoid reminded her.

Bebop whispered, as he kept the invisibility field up, "Fugo-dude's right, girl. Keep it together."

"Otherwise you playing into perpetrator's hands." Rocksteady whispered.

Sunset looked over and saw Trixie, before speaking, "I think I found our perpetrator." she began walking over.

"Sunset, don't do anything drastic!" Fugitoid warned her.

Sunset slammed Trixie's locker shut, startling her, "So here we are." Sunset began.

"Here we do are." Trixie mocked before wondering what she's agreeing to, only to resume her tough look. The two were in a stare off, with Fugitoid and the invisible mutants watching.

"Oh, snap there's gonna be a cat fight." Bebop whispered.

"Da. The claws are out." Rocksteady agreed.

"Sunset, don't make a scene." Fugitoid pleaded to himself.

"You really want to do this here in the hallway in front of everyone?" Trixie tempted Sunset.

"Up to you." Sunset replied

Trixie reached into her locker and revealed a poster displaying herself putting on a magic show, "Behold! Canterlot High School's Greatest and Powerfullest Student! If a seven-scale mockup doesn't convince you, I don't know what will."

"Huh?" Fugitoid asked in confusion.

"What the what?" Bebop whispered.

"So much for fight of the cats." Rocksteady whispered back.

Sunset not buying Trixie's act spoke, "Where's the Memory Stone? You turned my friends against me just because I wouldn't put you in the yearbook as the Greatest and Powerfullest?! "Powerfullest" isn't even a word!"

"It's true," Fugitoid agreed, "I mean honestly, how could you even delude yourself into thinking it's a real word?"

Trixie was suddenly confused, before asking, "What are you talking about?"

"It's not a word!" Sunset spelled it out for her.

"No. What Memory Stone?"

"The one you used to erase everyone's memory, you manipulative... blowhard!" Sunset snapped.

Fugitoid gasped in shock, as Bebop whispered, "Dang, she dropped the hammer."

"This could get the ugly." Rocksteady feared.

Trixie ignoring the insult suddenly became intrigued, "A stone that could make everyone forget all the bad tricks I've done...?" she quickly realized what she said, and acted uninterested, "Which is no tricks. Your puny rock pales in comparison to the Great and Powerful Trixie!"

Sunset looked confused, as Fugitoid spoke to her, "I don't think she's our perpetrator."

Sunset spoke to Trixie, "You have no idea what I'm talking about."

"I... don't. Sorry." she cringed.

Sunset sighed as she pressed her back against the lockers and slid down them before sitting, "So much for that theory."

"Well, it was a reasonable theory." Fugitoid comforted her, but to no avail.

Trixie was once again concerned, "Did somebody really erase everyone's memories of you?"

"Mm-hmm." Sunset answered.

"It's all true." Fugitoid agreed.

"So then, how come you remember her?" Trixie wondered.

"Perhaps because my brain was in stasis mode during my recharge the night before it all happened. And not even the magic could steal my memories in that state." the robot theorized.

"So even though we all know you're the Biggest Meanie, you're saying you're not mean anymore?" Trixie continued to question Sunset, as she took a spot next to her.

"It's complicated."

"So you have this idea of who you're supposed to be, but no one at school sees you that way. Is that it? Trust me. I get it." Trixie admitted.

"Do you now?" Fugitoid asked.

"I really do." she confirmed.

"Ha," Sunset laughed at the irony, "I can't believe the only person who believes me is the one I called a manipulative blowhard. Sorry."

"I took it as a compliment. Let me help you find the Stone." Trixie offered.

"Really?" Fugitoid asked in joy.

"What?" Sunset asked in confusion, before becoming suspicious, "What's in it for you?" Trixie motioned to the poster she put on her locker, "No way. Absolutely not!" she declined.

"Well, if you'd rather go on being the Biggest Meanie, that's fine by me." Trixie tempted her.

Fugitoid spoke to his friend, "Sunset Shimmer, we don't have many options left to us. It's either Trixie or we're back to being on our own." Sunset pondered on how low their options were.


Back in Equestria at the restricted section of the library, Princess Twilight was struggling to find more answers on Clover the Clever and the missing pages, "I've looked everywhere! Why can't I find the missing pages? I've always been good to you, library!" she stressed before dropping her head on the table. This caused the chest where Clover's documents were stored to fall over, and the skull seal cracked. Twilight looked and saw paper sticking out form the pieces, "This is it! The last piece was in a secret compartment!" she levitated it up, as Celestia came over to see what it said.

"Clover the Clever buried the Stone!" Twilight gasped, "When he and his four apprentices got it back they attempted to destroy it, but it ended up opening a portal to another world, but the apprentices vanished," she saw the stone was in between three rock pillar formations, "This rock formation must be somewhere in the other world. But it doesn't say how to get your memories back, or what happened to the four apprentices," she gasped before reading the last message on the scroll, "Perhaps if I had destroyed the Stone right away, some of my memories could have returned and my apprentices would still be here. But when the sun sets by the third day after a memory has been taken, it is erased forever." she turned to her mentor who spoke.

"You must warn Sunset Shimmer at once."


Back at CHS, Trixie, Fugitoid, and Sunset had come to an agreement, "So where should we start partner?" Sunset asked.

"How about with what I call you?" Trixie suggested, "I'm thinking the Great and Powerful Trixie's... Pretty Decent Assistant-Detective-Helper Person."

"Don't push it." Fugitoid said, as the group walked on, while unaware of a magical glow coming from Sunset's locker. It was her journal which was receiving the warning message from Twilight.

As the girls and robot walked through the hall, Sunset brought them into a hall way where the lights were out, "What're you doing?" Trixie asked in confusion.

"If we're going to be working together, then I think it's fair you should meet the rest of my partners." Sunset began, as Bebop lowered the invisibility field exposing himself and Rocksteady to the magician girl.

"Bebop and Rocksteady?" Trixie gasped in shock.

"Hey, Magic-Girl." Bebop greeted.

"Why're these two bad mutants here with you?" Trixie asked Sunset and Fugitoid.

"Oh, that's right. I guess the girls and I didn't really tell anybody." Sunset realized.

"Tell anybody what?" Trixie asked.

"Bebop and Rocksteady are no longer bad mutants." Fugitoid explained.

"They aren't?" Trixie asked curiously.

"Nyet. We is the good guys now." Rocksteady confirmed.

"All thanks to Sunset and the Rainbooms." Bebop added.

"With these two watching our backs, we can discover who has the Memory Stone." Sunset said.

"Indubitably." Fugotid agreed.

"Let us catch perpetrator together." Rocksteady put his hand out.

"All the way." Bebop put his hand on his partner's.

"For the Rainbooms and everyone's memories!" Fugitoid put his hand in.

"That's right." Sunset placed her hand in.

Everyone looked at Trixie who smiled, "Count me in even more." she put her hand up top, and the five were feeling more motivated than ever to help their friends.