• Published 26th May 2018
  • 1,151 Views, 12 Comments

The Mother She Never Had... - MegaCheesy

  • ...
1
 12
 1,151

Open Field

Before you read; where are some sad/nice tunes to listen to while reading. This is the song that inspired me to start this story. This is also where the quote came from...

You should check out more music from Cavetown. He makes beautiful art...


Meredith ran before she even realized it. She may be in an extreme amount of pain, but she couldn't take it anymore. How could her father have such an awful sibling? Crimson blood trickled down her forehead...

Her aunt had taken the beatings farther than she should've, smashing a vase against Meredith's head. How is she even conscious? She couldn't answer. The wind cuts wildly across Meredith's face, but not inflicting any damage. The blades of the grass ticked Meredith's growing legs. She was only 8-years-old, but fate wanted her to suffer. Her green eyes only looked forward in the darkened night, while her fizzy ginger hair flowed behind her. The dark green flannel she was wearing was torn up in some spots, other parts covered in bile. Her ripped jeans could only last so much longer. She was a mess...

Meredith's legs finally gave out, her head landing on a thick patch of grass. Her cheeks covered in tears that dribbled down her chin. She just kept sobbing, knowing her aunt would probably find her soon. She would be dealt a punishment far greater than the vase.

"Please...Just take me to a place where I can be happy...!" Her pleas sounded drowned out with the sobbing but were still understandable. "Just add water, let me go...!"


Starlight had been busy for a bit. She became a guidance counselor at her mentor's school but recently came back from a friendship problem with Sunburst, which was rather interesting...

She wonders how she's even related to her father sometimes. Although, she shouldn't dwell on past events and get some sleep. Those plans were quickly ruined, however when a loud crash came nearby her room. She quickly trotted out of her room to find Twilight outside of her room.

"Did you hear that, Starlight?!" Twilight Sparkle asked in a panicked state. "Yeah! I felt some strong magic coming from it!"

They both sped down the halls to find the source of the magic. They found a strange mammal they've never seen before on Twilight's balcony, but Twilight recognized it as the extinct species called 'humans' she read in a book once. How one so young and injured appeared before their very eyes concerned the both of them.

Twilight put the young female in a spare bed, getting medical supplies to clear up the blood and scrapes the child bore. Starlight Glimmer would assist the alicorn in her treatment. "How could anypony do this, Twilight?" Starlight questioned. Twilight just stared at the unconscious child, not knowing how to answer. "To be honest; I have no clue..." That was the best answer Twilight could give.

It took an hour to clear up all of the scrapes and cuts, but the mares had done a successful job. Starlight had offered to stay with her for the night, which Twilight agreed. She didn't know what it was, but Starlight felt gravitated towards the child. Almost as if she needed to protect her...

Her thoughts were dashed when she saw the child toss and turn in her sleep, crying from what she presumed to be a nightmare. Starlight softly massaged the child's body, calming her down. Then, she laid down next to the child, bringing her in for an embrace. The youth didn't bother to fight back, stopping the tears and finally going into a nice slumber. Starlight smiled before she was taken by slumber's night, not letting go of the embrace.


Meredith finally woke after a nice sleep. She expected to be in her shitty room, but instead, she was in another. Every wall around her was crystallized, besides the bed and a bookshelf. Meredith sat up, feeling a slight pinch of pain. Her flannel was gone, so were her jeans. The youth was only wearing a stained white shirt with some undergarments. She always wore the shirt under her flannel to keep warm. Good thing her flannel and pants were in a folded stack beside her new bed.

Meredith noted that she was covered in bandages in several spots, including her forehead. She sat up, somehow being able to stand up and walk. She trudged over to the bookcase, picking the first book she found. Meredith was always somewhat of an egghead for books, but her aunt never really approved. You'd think she would find books fine, but that would be asking for too much.

The first book she found was Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone By A.K. Yearling. She's never heard of that name before, but she didn't think too much about it. The cover featured a Pegasus escaping via vine with a strange sapphire in her hooves. How is she even holding that? Questions for later...

Meredith quickly became invested in the crazy life of Daring Do. She wasn't a fast reader, but she read a good pace. Something kinda remarkable for a child her age. Not that she'd ever get the praise.

Suddenly her new bedroom door opened, revealing a unicorn? Meredith panicked, trying to hide in her new blanket. She protected her head from a vicious attack that was going to take place, but instead nothing happened. Meredith still was quivering, balling her eyes out. Starlight looked at the fragile state of the child, noticing the damage somepony else had done to her. "It's okay. Please don't be scared of me. I'm not going to do anything to you."

Meredith heard the soft voice, being unsure if she could trust this unicorn. She slowly revealed herself, looking at the unicorn with a pink coat and a purple and teal mane. Her violet eyes were friendly and forgiving. Meredith was entranced with her eyes, being how abnormal and large they were, but also the aura she gave off. Meredith just let the tears flow, unable to control them.

The unicorn approached, much to Meredith's dismay. She wanted to run, but her legs wouldn't move. She just laid there on the bed, at the unicorn's mercy. Was she going to hurt her? What is going on?

She expected the unicorn to hurt her, but instead, she received a hug.

A really warm and fuzzy one...

Comments ( 12 )

Great work keep up the good work

... Sequel...?

9393317
Yeah, maybe next time.

9393335
Dang it, I would really like to see a sequel

9393336
Maybe when I feel like it. I'm more focused on A Wheeled Life and Hidden Fox.

9384970
Good story but i'd want a continuation of this story as in a chaper 2 and so forth i got invested then end. I hope the author conues this story or sequelize it i will wait if the aithor takes a break. I a very patient person

How don’t see how this is a tragedy. This was best case scenario.

Login or register to comment