• Published 20th Sep 2018
  • 2,901 Views, 149 Comments

A Story of Love (Among Others) - TheMareWhoSaysNi



Rainbow Dash, a future rockstar, has met a boy! She didn't look for it, but love knocked on her door (literally). The beginning of a lovely story? Or rather, of a nightmare?

  • ...
7
 149
 2,901

Slightly Scarlet

I couldn't sleep. It was the first time I celebrated my birthday this way. In order to make it a red-letter day, my friends had organized something very special. There were a lot of students from CAM, an enormous cake baked by Pinkie Pie, unlimited drinks and I had received a shower of presents. I couldn't believe they put on such a great spread for me, although I kept on repeating that I knew I deserved it.

This was the reason why I couldn't sleep. I was too excited for that. Pictures of that awesome night kept replaying in my head. Yet our exams were coming closer and I had a lot to do on the day after.

Soarin was downstairs. Actually, I was in his bed and he was sleeping on the living-room's couch. Of course, he was at my birthday surprise party, which he helped organizing despite his ministerial schedule. Of course, we showed no one of my school that we were actually dating. We simply lied and said he was my former neighbor and we invited him out of sheer politeness.

As a birthday present, he invited my favorite author-explorer-turned-actress, A.K Yearling, aka Daring Do. Needless to say, I was her number one fan, having read every single books multiple times and saw the movies, that I knew by heart, over and over again. I didn't know, but she used to be under contract with Soarin's agent. We were introduced and she was absolutely positively AWESOME and the most amazing detail was that I think we became good friends. She even gave me her phone number. The others of the CAM were SO jealous. This too didn't help me to fall asleep. Daring Do's number was in my phone directory.Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh!!!

Yet, I was starting to get used to my boyfriend being a celebrity knowing celebrities. The movie had been a smash hit, which wasn't a surprise. Press and journalists adored Soarin. I thought that was amazing he reached such a fame in so short a time. Of course, I could see him very less often than I did before that, but we always found time for each other anyway, so that was okay with me back then.

Five more minutes and I wasn't able to even drowse. I had to do something... When I was younger, mommy used to prepare me a cup of hot milk with a touch of honey in order to help me to sleep. Comfortable in my bed, I used to drink it while mommy told me a story from the "Tales of the Arabian Nights". Maybe that was the solution. I got out of the bed and ventured outside to go down to the kitchen.

Soarin now lived in this loft on Silk Street. It felt odd at the beginning, not to see him at the hostel anymore. To be honest, I missed this period of our lives. The room were small, the corridors narrow. We had to share sanitaries and the kitchen but life there was sweet. Like a huge all-year holiday camp.

He was sleeping on the living-room's sofa bed. I was happy his agent accepted that I spent the night here. I still coudn't believe it and I also couldn't help thinking it hid something else. Girls said I was imagining things but, I don't know... Funny thing, intuition.

I walked on my tiptoes towards the open-plan kitchen. It was easy to bump into things in the dark, especially when you're trying not to wake someone up. My unfortunated encounter with the coffee table which had me stumble made me fail in this task. Immediately, a shape emerged from the sofa and I could see Soarin, his hair messy, trying to identify where that sound came from.

"Dashie? What are you doing here?"

"I... I could't sleep and I was wondering if I could have milk with honey to help. Well, I know I'm not home but..."

I rubbed my knee which hurt and tried my best not to look into his eyes. I was embarrassed to be in front of him with this tee-shirt as my pajamas. With nothing to cover my legs.

"Did you hurt?" he asked, getting up.

"Barely. I can't even feel anything anymore. Solid as a rock. I'm sorry I woke you up. I'm going to go back there and try to get some sleep."

"No. Stay. Let's chat a little, that could help. We couldn't talk that much, in fact, tonight."

True story. I have been called from every side, as the superstar of the night. Everybody wanted to congratulate me, to toast with me... And when he introduced me to Daring Do (Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh) and talked together, I didn't really have time to make the most of his presence.

Even after, when we got there, we very quickly went to bed because it was late and we both had things to do the day after.

I was supposed to have some milk but I thought chatting with Soarin could be the perfect substitute. Forgetting about my embarrassment, since it didn't seem to bother him much, I sat on the mean coffee table, right in front of him. Something told me he'd rather have me sitting on his laps but I felt the need to put a bit of distance between us.

"Why is that you couldn't sleep?" he asked me, getting closer. "Is there something wrong?"

"The opposite. Everything's amazing. I never had a birthday like that since my stepmother died. You know, my dad had to work really hard so my five half-siblings could go to good schools and have the best education. He didn't have much for things as trivial as birthday parties..."

I wasn't trying to be a victim. I was only telling the truth. Soarin understood me because he also had a difficult life with his little sister being disabled. He knew what I was talking about, he knew how it felt when you had nothing, and suddenly, you had it all.

He took my hands. His fingers were warm. Our eyes met and a sigh escaped my lips. I don't know if he realized how his support was important to me. Knowing he was there despite his crazy life that he would catch me if I fell, like I would do for him.

I was so glad he was a part of my life and I was a part of his. The more I learned about him, the stronger my feelings were. He wasn't only handsome. He liked a lot of things and knew about a lot of things, he was patient and open-minded, a bit goofy sometimes but so endearing, so considerate and he also laughed at my jokes, watched old movies with me, with a real interest.

His hand now slipped under my cheek and I closed my eyes, pressing my skin against his palm. It was so pleasant I felt like boiling inside, ready to blow up. I knew I wanted more and soon, I got more. He put his lips on mine and I forgot all the rest. Where I was, why I was here, what time it was. I didn't want it to stop.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as his fingers plunged into my hair, massaged my head. This position lacked comfort so I didn't hesitate much and sat on his laps. No more thinking. I could feel that between him and I, there was nothing else than our both tee-shirts. I could feel the outlines of his abs against my stomach. I fed of him.

It wouldn't have taken much for the situation to change. I didn't know yet whether or not I wanted it, whether or not I was feeling ready or scared. All I knew was that I wanted him to be the first. I had never thought about it before that night but our kiss gave me this new certainty. When the time would come, I wanted it to be with him.

He probably was aware that things could go "wrong" since he stopped the embrace. He was breathless and the light of his eyes was different. He has thought about it to and it comforted me. I was not a pervert.

Author's Note:

Is it enough or do you want a longer chapter published tomorrow? Just tell me! :twilightsmile:
(I'm sorry for the potential mistakes. It's late and I'm really tired)