• Published 22nd May 2018
  • 1,096 Views, 19 Comments

Equestrian Tales: Reformer's Quest - PonyJoel



This is a sequel of Anon-A-Miss: Friendship is home. This is the story of Sunset Shimmer, Discord, Fiery Flames and much more as they go forth in the New Year to spread Friendship all around when needed. Also to prepare of an upcoming threat.

  • ...
9
 19
 1,096

Surprise at the Grand Galloping Gala!

Author's Note:

Discord felt left out that Fluttershy didn't invite him to tag along for the Grand Galloping Gala. When he got the tickets, he knew who to bring along with him. Then the outcome of everypony is most surprising. Nopony could ever predict the outcome that lies ahead.

Comment if you please.

Have a nice day/night reading.

Discord and Fluttershy are having a wonderful time on Tea Thursday. Laughing, telling stories and drinking green tea. Fluttershy mentioned to Discord about meeting a new friend when seeing the breezies. Discord became a bit skeptical about hearing Fluttershy mentioned a new friend. Even though Discord has been hanging out with Sunset Shimmer, he enjoys his time with Fluttershy the most. Fluttershy also mentioned about the Grand Galloping Gala which excited Discord. Discord asked and already thank Fluttershy for the invite but his smile was taken away for a brief moment. Fluttershy already asked Tree Hugger to come with her. Discord decided to leave Tea Thursday but Fluttershy tried to convince him to stay and have a tea cake. Discord took the cakes and teleported out of Fluttershy's cottage. He needed to know if there is somepony that'll be going to the Grand Galloping Gala and see if there is a spare ticket.

The first place Discord goes to is at the Castle of Friendship. He searched everywhere for Twilight but she was not in sight. Discord decided to pay Spike a little visit. Discord appeared in front of Spike's bed scaring him. He asked where Twilight was at and Spike told him that Twilight is helping Celestia in Canterlot. Discord sighed and teleported himself out the castle. He then finds Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash at the boutique. Rarity is already designing clothes for her, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and the CMC. Discord asked if there were any spare tickets but to no avail. Rarity is using her ticket for Sweetie Belle, Applejack using her's for Apple Bloom and Rainbow is using her's for Scootaloo. Discord sighed and teleported himself to Sugarcube Corner. Discord saw something in a different dimension video game and thought it'd be cool to use it to sneak up on Pinkie Pie. He hid in a box as Pinkie gave a customer some goodies. As she went behind the counter, she said hi to Discord. Discord thought about asking Pinkie Pie about her spare ticket but Pinkie asked if Discord would like to try out some of her cakes and goodies. Discord reluctantly said no but a thought came to his mind and perhaps he can make a sweet deal with Pinkie. If he tried all of the cakes then perhaps Pinkie can give Discord her spare ticket. Pinkie and Discord talked for a bit about the Gala. Pinkie mentioned about using her ticket to invite her sister Maud. Discord did not like the sound of that one bit so he canceled the order and teleported away leaving Pinkie behind and upset about all those cakes and goodies packaged with no place to go.

Discord is now walking in the streets of Ponyville gloomy. He is unable to go to the Gala and can't be there with Fluttershy. To try to make her notice him at the very least. Fluttershy walked by with Tree Hugger. Fluttershy introduced Discord to her and Discord doesn't like her one bit. Tree Hugger looked like a hippie who is high right now. Tree Hugger can sense the vibe from Discord. She likes it. Discord left Fluttershy and Tree Hugger.

Discord is now back in his dimension. Upset but he tries to ignore it. He decided to make his house nice and chaotic. As time went on he heard a mail pony screaming. He went out to see and grabbed him. The mail pony gave Discord his letter which had two tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala. Discord directed the mail pony to Oblivion which is the faster route back to Ponyville. Discord is now excited that he'll be able to go to the Grand Galloping Gala but he needed to bring a friend as well. The Smooze is on his mind but there is another friend he had in mind for quite some time now. Discord ripped the fabric of space and headed towards Sunset Shimmer who is with Fiery Flames by the river.

Discord is a couple yards away from a relaxing Sunset Shimmer. His heart is beating fast. It's supposed to be a simple friendly gesture but it felt different to him. Discord began to sweat but reminded himself of Fluttershy and her new friend Tree Hugger. Discord walked his way to Sunset Shimmer. She is on a beach chair staring at the beauty of the river. Fiery Flame is sitting on her head once more relaxing as well. Discord went up to Sunset Shimmer.

"Hey Sunset," Discord said nervously.

"Hey, Discord. What's up?" Sunset said calmly. Smiling at her friend.

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Not really. I thought of hanging out with my friends but they got tickets to the Gala. I didn't so I decided to relax for the day."

"Would you like to come with me to the Gala tonight?"

"Sure why not. I have nothing better else to do anyway."

Discord hugged Sunset in victory. He is incredibly happy that not only he has somepony to go to the Gala but to show off to Fluttershy and her friend.

"Thanks for the hug. I guess it would be a good time to go to try on my new outfit Rarity gave me a while back."

"I'll pick you up at the Castle at 6:30."

"Sounds good Discord. See you later tonight."

Sunset picked up her beach chair using her magic and trotted back into town. She's going to get a few things to add on to her outfit. Discord teleported himself back to his dimension to celebrate. He then grabs his hat and pulled out all the cakes he canceled back at Sugarcube Corner. He would be eating them all in celebration of the Gala tonight.

It is now 6:30 at night. Discord is wearing his orange tuxedo while carrying a chaotic symbol cane. He's in front of the Castle waiting for Sunset Shimmer. Discord's heart pounded a bit faster than usual. He never felt this nervous about a hang out with a friend. Sunset Shimmer seems more than just a friend to him. He had someone to relate to about past sins of conquest. He shook the thought of it for a second and saw Sunset Shimmer wearing a bright color sundress that reflects her Cutie Mark giving the dress a sun aurora and wearing bright orange slippers. Sunset Shimmer looked gorgeous and Discord couldn't help but stare.

"Discord are you alright?" Sunset said waking Discord out of his trance.

"Yes I am," Discord shook his head to wake him up, "you look lavish Sunset." He kissed her hoof.

"Thanks, Discord." Sunset blushes a little. "Ready to go?"

"Yes, I am."

Discord teleported Sunset and himself to Celestia's castle entrance. Twilight and Celestia stood by at the stairway greeting ponies as they come in. Celestia thanked Twilight for helping her set up and organizing the Gala. As ponies were introduced, Twilight was a bit surprised that Discord came to the Gala but she was more surprised that Discord invited Sunset to the Gala. Celestia smiled and let them be. Discord and Sunset made their way up and Discord asked where Fluttershy is. Twilight told him that she is with Tree Hugger in the ballroom.

Discord and Sunset went to the ballroom and saw their friends talking and having fun. Sunset was a little thirsty so she went by to the table to get a drink. Discord saw Fluttershy and tried to get her attention but to no avail. He tried everything even purposely bumping into her. Finally, he got Fluttershy's attention. Tree Hugger had forgotten about Discord earlier today which made him upset. Sunset came back to Discord and she noticed Fluttershy's new friend. Tree Hugger and Sunset talked a bit. Fluttershy was a bit surprised to see Sunset being here but it didn't bother her. Discord was hoping to use Sunset as bait to lure Fluttershy back to him. Discord had feelings for Fluttershy for being his first friend and he wanted Fluttershy to know that he can be her best friend. Something didn't feel right with Discord though but he literally tossed that feeling away into a garbage can.

Sunset came up to Discord to let him know that she wanted to talk with Celestia for a while. Discord allowed Sunset be and she went to have a little talk with Celestia. Discord used this time to persuade Fluttershy into hanging with him. It failed once more as Fluttershy let Tree Hugger know that she's funny in her unique way. Discord tried to improvise with that by doing a stand-up comedy. He fails miserably. Tree Hugger and Fluttershy got really close and Discord couldn't stand for it any longer but Sunset came back up after he brief talk with Celestia. Discord took a moment to rethink his action. If he couldn't have Fluttershy to hang out at the Gala then so be it. Why bother trying if she's going to ignore him. Discord feeling came right back to him hard after it came out of its imprisonment in the garbage can. Discord now feels the need to tell Sunset Shimmer the exact truth about all of this.

Discord went up to Sunset Shimmer. He told her that he needed to talk in private. He used a silencing circle around them so nopony can hear them talk at all.

"Discord, what do you need to tell me about?"

"Sunset Shimmer, I have a confession to make," he said gloomily as ever.

"What is it? You can tell me anything Discord."

Discord sighed heavily and spoke.

"Originally, I've been trying to come here with somepony else just to hang with Fluttershy. She has a new friend but you already met her. It drove me nuts that Fluttershy chose somepony else than I to come to the Gala. She and I are great friends and when I saw her talk about Tree Hugger and having a good time, it'd made me jealous. I tried to ask everypony else in hopes for a spare ticket but to no avail. When I went home, I finally got my tickets. I couldn't just show up here without a friend. I thought about Smooze but then I thought of you. My jealousy side got the best of me. I was using you as bait to lure Fluttershy closer to me but when I saw you at the Castle, I saw something that spoke to me. I couldn't allow myself to become a chaotic fiend again no matter how much I wanted Fluttershy by my side for tonight. When I ignored it, the feeling came back stronger. First I want to say is sorry for being a bad friend to you. There is something else that I want to say but I think it's not worth it anymore. You've been dealing with a lot of problems with jealousy so it's probably best if I go so I won't be a bother to you."

Sunset can only smile at Discord. She hugged him for being honest.

"You know, I had no intentions of coming here because it'll be boring. I didn't have anyone to go with. Also, I can handle the jealousy problem here better than that other hellhole. I am grateful that you are being honest with me. It took the others a long while until things cleared up. If you don't mind me asking, what was that other confession?"

Discord sweat a little. His feet turned to ice. At first, he thought maybe he and Fluttershy can have something but Sunset who is standing in front of him with a similar past of disharmony. It was clear that Discord feeling was pointing towards Sunset.

"I think it'll be best if we were to dance."

"Alright then, let's dance."

Discord released the silencing circle as it was time for everypony to have a dance. Fluttershy would be dancing with Tree Hugger, Rainbow with Scoots, Applejack with Apple Bloom, Rarity with Sweetie Belle, Pinkie Pie with Maud, Twilight and Celestia came to watch everypony dance. Other ponies grabbed their partners and started to dance. As Discord and Sunset danced, they saw each other eye to eye, not giving a care about everypony else that judge them for dancing. They smiled as they danced slow. Twilight and Celestia watched them more thoroughly than the others.

After 10 minutes of slow dancing, Discord and Sunset were happy. Without thinking they came close, closed their eyes and kissed each other. Everypony's eyes widen in unbelief as they stopped dancing.

"Discord!" Fluttershy shouted.

Discord and Sunset opened their eyes and realized that they were kissing.

Silence reigned for the longest minute possible. Nopony would have ever thought of kissing another creature that isn't their kind. Discord and Sunset blushed at the scenery. Fluttershy couldn't believe that Discord kissed Sunset Shimmer. She thought that maybe Discord and she can kiss or be together. Discord and Sunset Shimmer let go of each other. All eyes beaming at them until Pinkie shouted.

"Sunset and Discord! Together! This is exciting!"

Silence reigned once more until Fluttershy spoke with tears in her eyes a little.

"Please...tell me this is a joke?... Please..."

Discord went up to Fluttershy and looked into her eyes.

"No. This isn't a joke Fluttershy," he took a deep breathe, "I did have feelings for you but I now know those feelings were for friendship. As for the way I feel about Sunset Shimmer," he looked back at her and smiled, "she is my everlasting sun that brightens my heart."

Sunset shed some tears of happiness for what Discord said about her. She went up to him and be at his side. Everypony in the room can see the love that Discord has for Sunset Shimmer. They see the love that Sunset has for Discord. Fluttershy turned and walk away. Rarity and Rainbow Dash followed Fluttershy. For a beautiful moment for Discord and Sunset becomes an awkward moment for Discord and Fluttershy. Discord decided to leave and Sunset walked by his side. Celestia and Twilight could only watch the confusion of love between friends. Discord and Sunset Shimmer headed towards the Canterlot Garden Maze. Fluttershy headed towards the balconey.

"Hey Fluttershy, are you feeling alright?" Rainbow asked.

"No Rainbow. I'm not alright. I thought maybe someday Discord and I would be together. Not him and Sunset. I'm his first friend. I was the one he can trust in," she sighed, "I am happy he found his happiness but I wonder, what made Discord fall in love with Sunset?"

"I think it has to do with the way he approaches Sunset darling. Have you noticed that whenever they hung out, Discord would stare at Sunset when she's not looking and Sunset would stare at Discord when he's not looking?"

"Yea but I thought it's because they have a similar demonic purpose when they didn't have friends in their lives. Just something they have in common. Nothing more or less. Now I see that Discord made his choice. There is nothing I can do. I shouldn't have acted the way I did."

"I think you should go and talk to him, darling. To make amends. You can still be his best friend."

"I will talk to him. I will not let jealousy ruin another friendship."

Around that same time, Discord and Sunset Shimmer sat on the bench looking at the night sky.

"Sure is a lovely night ain't it Discord?"

"It's beautiful when you're here Sunset. Sorry for the uh...awkward kiss and scene."

"No no, it's fine really. I did have some feeling for you actually."

"Really?"

"Yes. When Twilight told me about you at first, I was skeptical but then I reminded myself of the road I walked. You and I have similarities when it comes to Disharmony and conquest. I knew that we can become great friends but as time moved on, I felt something. A feeling that grew as each day comes. When I look at you, I smile. When we hang out, I have the best time with you. You're always caring and creative. You've shown you do have a heart. A kind one. I always thought that I would marry some stallion but it never sunk in. You, however, I can't stop thinking of you."

Discord smiled and shed a tear of happiness. He came a little closer to Sunset Shimmer and held her dear. Sunset looked at the Draqonacuus smiling. The two embraced and kissed each other a second time. This time, nopony is around. They are all alone. The moonlight shined on Sunset's Cutie Mark which made her glow brightly. As they kissed, they felt happy. They felt nothing can split them apart. Discord for the first time in a long time, his true happiness came back. It was long gone due to Nero but he isn't here to ruin the moment. After they kissed, they stopped but hugged.

"I love you Sunset."

"I love you too Discord."

Unknown to them, Pinkie saw the whole thing through her binoculars. Pinkie told everypony in the room about Discord and Sunset being a couple by accident. She didn't mean to spill that out but everypony in the room respected their decision to become a couple. Celestia never thought she sees the day that Discord would be in love with Sunset Shimmer. She thought that Discord would have chosen her but lookers can't be choosers. Twilight couldn't believe what she witnessed. Never in her whole life, she would have seen the impossible. Now she's seen everything.

Fluttershy flew down and saw Discord and Sunset hugging each other. Discord saw and lets go of Sunset. He knew that Fluttershy wanted to speak with him.

"Sunset, I'll be right back."

"Take your time Discord."

Discord and Fluttershy went to a different part of the maze. They are close to Sunset but Discord placed a silencing circle around them.

"Discord, I'm sorry for overreacting back there. I shouldn't have done that. I ruined a good moment for you and Sunset."

"Fluttershy, I forgive you. We are friends after all and friends forgive each other. I'm sorry for how I was acting a bit towards you and Tree Hugger. I was jealous that you gave Tree Hugger your ticket instead of me. I took Sunset but used her as bait to try and get your attention but it didn't work. My feelings for Sunset Shimmer was too much for me to pass up. Also, I wanted to be with you at the Gala tonight. Just us having fun but you were focused on Tree Hugger. That was why I gave up trying to grab your attention."

"Discord. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I should have known that you wanted to hang out with me."

"It's fine Fluttershy. Let's just be friends ok?"

"No, let's be best friends."

Discord and Fluttershy hugged each other and Fluttershy flew back to the Gala. Discord broke the silencing circle and explained everything to Sunset Shimmer. The two decided to stay in Canterlot Garden Maze to stargaze at the night sky. As Fluttershy flew back up with a smile on her face, everypony continued to party at the Gala.

The night at the Gala went pleasantly for everypony. Discord and Sunset now being a couple. Fluttershy resolved her issues with Discord. Everypony having a night they'll never forget. All except for one pony in particular. The pony left the Gala with vital information about everything that is necessary. Soon everything will collapse on Equestria. Time is clicking towards the end of days...