• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 5,518 Views, 155 Comments

The Element of Willpower - Redwolf15



Human in Equestria. He's gonna kick Discord's ass.

  • ...
21
 155
 5,518

Chapter Fourteen: Rebellion

Chapter Fourteen
Rebellion


"Jesse! Thank Celestia you're alive!" Jet pulls up next to us with his usual rusty cart as we dig, surprised to see me after so long.

"Of course I'm alive. But don't celebrate just yet. We're busting out of here Jet! Today!"

"You got a plan?" He asks it with more excitement than skepticim.

"Yeah," I see the Diamond Dog with a personal vendeta against me, he's making his usual rounds with a smug grin across his face. "Just follow my lead." I whisper to them. I stop digging and sit down, my back against the stone wall taking a break.

The Dog sees me resting and lumbers over, looking annoyed. "Work!" He thinks I need a motivation and bring his whip up. It comes down on me, but never makes the cracking sound. I catch it before it can strike with my bare hand. I slowly stand up, keeping a strong hold on the whip, not letting go of it. The Dog doesn't like this little rebillion one bit, but doesn't know how big it will soon become.

"SHUT UP!" I wrench the whip out of his paws and throw it away. My booming voice catches everyones attention. The Diamond Dog was too shocked to do anything, like dodge my punch to his face. He falls over, but I don't give him a second to recooperate, I kick him in his gut as hard as I can. He lets out a wheeze of pain, seeing as though he couldn't screem as his breath was all lost.

Now I have everyones attention, perfect. "I'm tired of being down here! I'm tired being caged everyday to rest for a few measly hours and work nonstop for the rest. I'm tired of being served crap that shouldn't even be called grool! I wanna get out of here! I wanna bask in the sun and sleep under the moon! I wanna eat an apple for crying out loud!" I stomp so hard on the Diamond Dog's face that a small crater formed underneath his head. His skull was shattered.

More Diamond Dogs came becaue they of the commotion. I fought against each of them, but I couldn't fight them all off. but soon I wouldn't have to. I only had to stall for time. One Diamond Dog receives a buck to the head. Jet is there beside me.

"Yeah! I wanna fly through the clouds again and I hear birds chirp! How will I become the fastest flier in the world if I'm stuck down here?"

We continue to fight them off. Just the two of us. Or the three. A magic bolt sends another dog crashing into the wall. Blue Sails, thank you.

"I-I-I'm scared, I'm terrified. But I don'twant to be anymore! I wanna go home! I wanna see my family again! I don't wanna be afraid ever again!" And like that, our group of two became a band of three.

We fought hard with everything we had. Our escape was either now or never. I was captured by a Dog from behind. He held back my arms while another was ready to brake some ribs. But I was saved. A minotaur tackles the Dog about to hit me to the ground and brakes his arms.

"They're right. I've been trapped down here for over seven years. Because of them I've missed watching my son grow into a strong bull. But I will not miss anymore of that! I'm wanna see my wife and child again!" It's working.

Two more griffins joined in saying they still wanted to learn how to bake. Hey, they have a motive. We progressed from six. Then ten. Fifteen. Thirty-eight. We grew and kept growing. It was working. No one takes you serious if you just say something, it's only until you follow up will they believe you. That's why the one's who take most action talk least, action speaks louder than words. But what happens when you put words into your actions? You get peoples attention. You create a movement. You create hope.

We stormed through the tunnels, freeing every slave, fighting every Diamond Dog, never stopping. The Dogs eventually had to use lethal weapons against us. There were slaves that will never get to see the sunlight again after this day. But we kept fighting. We grabbed their weapons, we used them against the ones who forged them, and we fought. Soon a wall of Diamond Dogs blocked our path, they stood shoulder to shoulder from one end of the tunnel to the next, there were too many to get through.

"Hey big guy," I turn to the minotaur who helped us earlier, he was missing his left horn, "how's your throwing arm?" I raise a spear I picked up earlier. Not as good as my sword, but affective.

"Just tell me what you need." He picked me and placed my feet in his right hand. Unlike Iron Will, this guy had big hands.

"We can't get past by pushing through. So we need to punch a hole from the inside. Throw me beyond the center of the second line, I'll create an opening and I'll need you to trample past. That way we can breach their defence and plough through them." I crouch in his hand, bracing myself for the toss. I can feel the intense force of wind as he sends me flying with his massive muscles.

I fly over the heads of everyone and over the first two lines of Diamond Dogs. My feet land on two of them, cushioning my fall. I crouch low and sweep at the surrounding Diamond Dogs with my spear. They topple over as the stick pass over their legs. The bad thing about a Diamond Dog's build is that their upper body is larger than their lower, without their long front arms to stabilize them they can easily be knocked down.

The ground starts shaking. The minotaur from before arrives right on time. With a hole sticking in the center of their front lines they're open for a penetration. And a big guy like that minotaur can break the wall into bits from a single hole.Everyone else follows behind him, killing the Diamond Dogs on the ground and fighting the ones smart enough to get out of the way.

We finally get past with more of the sacrifices from slaves who wanted to be free. Everyone's saying they can hear birds, feel a breeze, even I notice that the tunnel gets brighter. We're almost there. But I slow down, letting everyone pass by me, let them get out. They no longer have any reason to be here, but I still do. Of all the slaves that we freed, one is still missing.

"Jesse come one! We're almost there!" Jet notices that I stopped.

"Sorry, but you'll have to go on without me.I have unfinished business."

"What are you talking about? We have our freedom now because of you! You have to come with us." Blue Sails calls to me beside Jet.

"Just go! I'll be fine! I promise we'll see each other again soon!" With that I turn back and run in the opposite direction. I promised them that we'll see each other again. And a promise I mean to keep.

I just hope I can keep it in this life.