• Published 13th May 2018
  • 1,195 Views, 9 Comments

The Dragon Riders - Dragontamer99



The dragons were thought to have died out. All the dragon riders were dead. It is said that dragons aren't real, Only two people remain that knew about the dragons

  • ...
6
 9
 1,195

EPS 4

rode on till night, Spirit was tired and I was tired. I rolled up the map I had been following an slid off of Spirit who lowered his head. I took off his saddle and grabbed the backpack. I ran through the items and saw a brush.

I took it out and after brushing my hair I took the brush to spirits hair. I decided to save my food but I have Spirit an apple and laid down. I was asleep in moments hoping to get a glimpse of my dragon. I dreamt. I was running through the forest again. Something crashing behind me.

I saw the clearing and made a dash for it. Once I got there I saw my dragon. It whipped it's head around and looked at me. I have a huge breath and I screamed "There's a man coming!" I woke up out of breathe. It felt like I'd been running a marathon. I stood up and looked for the sun. It was just coming up.

I packed up my stuff an woke Spirit who tossed his head. I gave him another apple and brushed him again before putting the saddle back on. I rode again till the sun was right above my head. I looked at the map and talked to Spirit as if he was a person. I said, "well we need to find some water and if the map is correct we should go in that direction." I pulled on Spirits reins but he was already a step ahead of me. He knew where the water was.

I let him lead. After he had found the river I decided to think back on what the prophesy said. Two queens will rise and the new age will start, a species that has been dead for years never died completely. Two will rise and change everything. I have never heard anything about a dying species... Wait... The dragons? But what about two queens?

There is only one queen. Can there be a queen of dragons? Or will I be queen? I thought for a second, maybe my dragon is... No never mind. I'll just focus on finding my dragon. I looked at the map.... The flame tree should be a huge red tree 3 miles to the west of this mountain... Wait no... Volcano!

I stooped down and took a drink and when I stood back up I felt refreshed. I stood and got back on spirit turned him to the northeast direction and drove him to a trot. After a while of trotting, I began to notice strange marks on trees. It looked like a carved crown. I pressed spirit a little faster and followed the crown trail. After about 30-35 minutes I realized I was still heading in the right direction. I was heading straight to the volcano.

I trotted on with new enthusiasm and even pressed spirit to go faster. By the time the sun started down, I could see the volcano! I kept my eyes on it and pressed spirit to go even faster. I made it to the volcano when it was starting to get hard to see. Once I was at the base I got off spirit and let him graze on the lush grass in the clearing.

I grabbed a sandwich and another apple and ate while watching spirit. After a minute spirit, full and content, walked over to me and decided to lay a little ways away to sleep. In the morning we would go east to find my dragon.


I woke up a little bit before dawn. Spirit had got up and started to graze and it had woken me. I decided to eat breakfast, which contained another Apple and a cold pastry. I got up and called to a spirit who came willingly.

I mounted him and turned east. I rode on marveling how beautiful the leaves looked today. They were all a light yellow/green. After an hour of riding, I started looking for the flame tree. I decided that a better way of doing that was to climb a tree.

I looked for a particularly tall tree and once I found on I dismounted and went to the base. I looked up and found the lowest branch which was sadly a few feet out of arms reach. I got an idea after about a minute of studying the surroundings. I went 10 paces away and faced the tree.

I ran as fast as I could and jumped off a large protruding root and grabbed the branch. After I hauled myself up I grabbed the next branch and the next one and eventually I made it to the top where I had an amazing view of a huge forest. It was a sea of yellow and green.

I scanned everywhere and then out of the very corner of my eye I caught a sight of a huge flaming tree. At first, I thought it was actually on fire but looking more closely I realized it was just a tree filled with red and orange leaves.

It had dark oak too. It was beautiful. I got the direction of the tree and climbed back down. I jumped on spirit and turned him in the direction of the tree and willed him into a fast trot. It was a little after sun high when I found I couldn't ride spirit any longer. I tied him to a tree and got off. I grabbed my backpack and started my trek through thick vines. I managed to make a wide path. After a long time, it started to get dark and I made my way faster.

Going through vines and vines and more vines. It was tedious. I think the moon started to come up when finally I saw the red tree. I started to run through vines and push them aside. Then when I found a particularly thick place of vines I pushed hard and fell into the clearing where there was a red tree in the middle. I looked around and then my eyes popping I gasped.

TBC