• Published 13th May 2018
  • 1,195 Views, 9 Comments

The Dragon Riders - Dragontamer99



The dragons were thought to have died out. All the dragon riders were dead. It is said that dragons aren't real, Only two people remain that knew about the dragons

  • ...
6
 9
 1,195

EPS 28

Lily P.O.V

I walked to the edge of the rocks. I looked down into the spiraling darkness. I couldn't see the bottom, it dropped into the void.

I looked back I could see dragons stalking at the edge of the jungle. I guess they couldn't go any further, one thing that Mabuz did right. Saying his name made me want to gag, I hated his very being.

I looked at the first floating rock, it was about 5 feet away, slowly turning, taunting me saying I couldn't jump it. I gritted my teeth together and prepared myself, I shuffled my feet and bent my legs. I closed my eyes for a moment and when I opened them I jumped.

I was suspended in the air for a moment before my feet hit the rock, I made it. I caught my balance and steadied my extremely fast beating heart. I crouched slightly again and jumped. I made it. I smiled slightly. This rock was longer so I took a running start. When I got to the end I jumped. I was suspended in the air for a lot longer.

But my feet finally made it. I thought everything was okay but this rock was exceptionally small. I slid off. I turned my body and grabbed the end of the rock. I held myself up. Sweat ran down my face. When did it get so hot? I looked up at the rock. It was crumbling. I tried to pull myself back up but it was useless. I tried again,Harder.

I pulled myself till my chin was above the rock. I moved my arm forward and used my elbow to push me further up. I gasped as I slid back a bit. I grit my teeth together and with all of my strength I hauled my self up the rock.

I laid down on the rock looking at the top of the gigantic cavern. I almost cried. As I inhaled several deep breaths, I looked at my fingers.

They shook, My hands were bloody because of the sharp rock. I took a deep breath and stood back up a little shaky at first, but eventually my strength returned. After a moment, I took another deep breath and looked towards the next rock. I didn't want to make another mistake so I made sure that the next rock was a good size. I evaluated how much room I had and how fast I needed to go.

I looked around me and then back to the next rock. I licked my dry lips and then I jumped. I made it safely. I looked to the next 5 rocks, or at least the 5 I could see. They were all close together, or at least they were closer together than the other rocks. I crouched and tightened my fists. I took one more deep breath before I began.

I jumped on the first rock. I took one more step and then I jumped into the next. I kept going and jumped on the 3rd. This one was long so I took two more steps before I jumped into the fourth. I kept going on this rock. My Momentum carried me easily to the next rock. I stopped abruptly. I could see land. I could see the end. I smiled and looked at the rocks.

There was five left. As I studied the rocks my grin slowly fell off, I looked at the five rocks. They were big but they were far apart. I wouldn't make it. I looked around, I never looked down anymore though, I was scared I would get dizzy and fall.

I gulped and gathered my courage, I would need it to jump across these five rocks. I crouched in my jumping position and the sung my arms a few times and then I jumped. I made it safely. I didn't give myself a moment to be scared.

I jumped again and made it. This time I did stop. I looked down at the rock. It was lower than the rest but it was farther. I can make the jump
I have to, I can't fall.

I jumped again and I almost made it, almost. My feet hit nothing but air. I made a desperate grab and got hold of the edge of the rock. I felt something in my left arm give and I screamed. I worked through the pain and slowly inch by inch I hauled myself back up and onto the rock. When I finally got both feet under me I sank to the ground standing on my knees. I held my arm, it felt like a thousand icy needles digging into my flesh.

I I tried to move it but pain laced up my arm and jarred my shoulder. I screamed again and shut my eyes tight. I picked myself up again. I clenched my jaw in pain and took a few steps to the edge. At the act the rocks weren't far away anymore. I let go of my arm and crouched. I pulled my hurt arm towards my chest and held it there tightly.

I grit my teeth together, clenched my jaw and jumped. When I landed in the rock It jarred my arm and I cried out in agony. I had one more jump. I stretched both legs and then my good arm. I won't be able to pull myself up again if I fall. I looked behind me one last time. I looked at the 13 rocks behind me.

I sighed and turned to look in front of me again. I crouched like I always do and jumped. I landed squarely on the rock. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I smiled slightly and then got ready to jump one last time. I was getting tired and I didn't know if I would make it. I jumped and instead of landing squarely I landed on the edge. My legs slipped off but with my good hand I grabbed a rock protruding out of the ground. It held, my lower half was hanging off but with my good arm I dragged myself up.

When I had finally gotten up I stood up and shook the dust off my shoulders, back, and legs. I took a few stepped away from the edge. I didn't ever want to jump again. I looked around there was a portal at the end of the cavern. I took another step and after a moment the adrenalin went away and I sunk to my knees. I could feel my leg and my arm now.

They were probably broken. My leg was pulsing and every pulse was a shot of agony. My arm was the same way. I tried to get up but I screamed in pain as my leg gave out. The portal was so close... I looked around, there was a stick, sturdy, long and straight, laying against the wall.

I would need to get up and go there, it was only about 7 feet away. I let my bad leg go slack and with my good leg I stood. I grunted in pain as I stumbled to the wall. I picked up the stick and put my weight on it; the stick held my weight perfectly. I pulled my arm close to my chest as I made my way to the portal.

Grunting in pain every once in a while when my foot brushed against a rock or jarred itself on the ground. The portal was only 17 feet away but it felt like 100 feet. I eventually got to the portal and before I went through I looked back at Blueblood, he looked busy with Mabuz so I stepped through the portal.

Blueblood P.O.V

I watched as Lily jumped across the rocks, she had fallen in two of them. I winced as she halfway made it into the last jump. She hauled herself up int9 the ground and after a moment she got up, she walked a few feet and sunk to the ground. She was testing out her legs and arms when she screamed.

I felt a tear run down my face. She shouldn't be doing this, I should be i'm stronger. Well, I'm stronger strength wise I guess? I watched as Lily dragged herself to the wall, she stood and grabbed and stick to hold herself up.

I watched silently as she slowly made her way to the portal. She was a few feet away from It when I turned to Mabuz. He smiled sheepishly at me and back up.

I grabbed him and slammed him in the ground. I stepped on his chest and slowly put my whole weight and a little more pressure onto his chest.

I counted each crack as they happened. One... Two..three...four...five. I heard a strangled cry, he would've screamed but I had just broke 5 of his ribs.

I looked down at Mabuz who was weasing. I kicked him and he was sent flying. When I kicked him I heard another crack and when he landed I heard another two.

I walked over to him and he said "Blueblood...please *cough* please I'm very sorry, you wouldn't kill your own brother would you?"

I though about all the terrible things he did. I grabbed him and yanked him up. I brought him to eye level, and said "You tried to kill me three times, you kidnapped Lily twice, you also almost killed her four times.

You think I shouldn't kill you? When mother and father banned you, you became your own Lord and enslaved people to do your bidding.

I'm going to kill you." Mabuz looked up at me and then looked down.

He smiled slowly and said "Okay but your going down with me!" he brought about a knife and stabbed me in the stomach.

It hurt so much much but I remembered what Lily had just gone through and I held back my gasp of pain.

I smiled at Mabuz and pulled the knife out. I said "I don't think so." I turned the knife around and stabbed him.

His breathing slowed and then stopped. I looked down at my stomach. It was bleeding heavily, I ripped Mabuz's shirt off and tied it around my side.

I put pressure on it too and looked at the 3 stages. The dead dragon, the forest filled with pythons, and the 15 floating void rocks. I shook my head and wondered how Lily had done it. I was just glad that Lily had done it.

I smiled and turned back to the portal and finally stepped through.

To...Be....Continued 😢

Author's Note:

sorry it took me so long to upload this honestly I was too lazy to actually right I got the chapter halfway done and then I just stopped but now it's finished as you can see there's one more chapter before this ends I hoped you enjoyed this