• Published 13th May 2018
  • 1,185 Views, 9 Comments

The Dragon Riders - Dragontamer99



The dragons were thought to have died out. All the dragon riders were dead. It is said that dragons aren't real, Only two people remain that knew about the dragons

  • ...
6
 9
 1,185

EPS 26

Blueblood P.O.V

We flew on for a while after we left the frost lake. We flew over mostly white trees and frost covered grass. Once we came to a spring that ran constantly so it never froze over, We took ice cold drinks of water.

It tasted sweet like strawberries. It was freezing cold though. Once we had all gotten our drinks we got back on Briggen and Aradace.

I said to Briggen "What do you think is going to happen once we reach the lake? Do you think we will find the Ice dragons?"

Briggen didn't say anything for a minute but suddenly he said "Yes, I do think we will find the Ice dragons. I think we will find people too. I feel that we will need to prepare ourselves for the worst."

I thought over that. I have forgotten that not all people are thrilled to have a queen or a king.

We will just need to show them. Prove to them that not all kingdoms are bad, or totally consuming.

O smiled slightly at the picture that I suddenly got in my head. I saw Haven talking to villagers and telling them about the wonders her queen and king have brought.

Telling them about the wonders that some people brought when they cared. I was brought back to reality when I felt a deep rumble beneath me.

I noticed we had been flying for some time and we were now a few miles into a huge white, deserted, barren tundra.

I saw not a soul. But I realize that Briggen has smelt or sensed a presence that was not ours. I looked over at Aradace. She was still flying calmly.

But if you looked closer, you could see Aradace bring out her claws and snarl silently. I wondered what the dragons were seeing, or smelling. I looked at Lily. She was now standing on Aradace's neck. She was looking around.

I suddenly realized that Lily was using her bond with Arada. Lily was seeing and smelling through Aradace. I looked down at Briggen and told him briefly what was happening to the two next to us. He agreed and after a brief moment I suddenly could see way farther than I have ever seen.

I looked around and noticed movement. We were being followed. I took a deep breathe. It smelt foul, like burnt flesh. Which was ironic since we were in the middle of a vast white tundra. I heard a voice just then. It wasn't from below it was in my head. I heard Lily. She said "I need you two to fly ahead as fast as you can.

There is a mountain ridge that you'll be safe at. We will be right behind you." I nodded and Lily said "one, two... Three!"

I power I have never felt from Briggen spurred beneath me. We went so fast everything was a blur. We reached the ridge on record time and me and Briggen pressed against the ridge and camouflaged ourselves.

We looked out to where we saw red. We watched as white objects flew at them. I saw a brief moment of panic and then fire. I saw a lot of fire.

I then saw Aradace flying around in circles. I knew she was looking for something. She stopped and hovered and then she flew towards us. She got bigger and bigger until we could see Aradace fully.

We came out and after a second our bodies we're back to normal. Aradace landed and wailed the most pitiful, most sad noise I've ever heard.

I noticed that on her back there was a deep wound it was a mix of red flesh and on the edges there was white. I noticed secondly the precious cargo that was missing. I looked towards Aradace.

Briggen was cleaning her wound and after a while it started to heal. I remembered briefly what Metin had said about soulmates. I looked out into the tundra.

I sad down and listened to Aradace wail her depressed wail. After a moment I then listened to both Aradace and Briggen who wailed into the night over their lost Queen. I could feel inside my being all the dragons who were wailing into the night over their queen who was now lost.

I knew we had to find her. I wouldn't give up! I will find her. I knew who had set this trap up. There was only a few people who knew we were trying to find dragons.

Mabuz probably spied on us and found out where we were going. I yelled as loudly as I could "MABUZ" When I yelled that I heard everything still. Nothing moved at all.

The wind stopped and the creatures ceased their noise. The birds stopped screaming and dragons stopped moving.

I looked at the two dragons that were now in my care. I had a feeling that Lily knew it this tragedy. I didn't panic. I was utterly and terrifyingly calm.

I looked at Briggen. The deep sorrow and pain. I saw how his scales shifted in anger and how his scales steamed. I then looked at Aradace. She had a huge sadness and regret and anger in her eyes.

She was steaming and for a moment I was scared that her scaled body would catch on fire.

Her four long clawed feet sank into the ground and There was a huge circle around her of melted snow and ice.

She wailed one more time into the completely silent night. Even the stars seemed to pulse in sadness. We found a cave in the ridge we were on.

I was put into the back of the cave while Aradace was pressed gently against me and Briggen stood guard against the entrance to camouflage the entrance. I fell into a deep troubled sleep. Fighting off dragons to save Lily.

Lily's P.O.V

"I need you two to fly ahead as fast as you can. There is a mountain ridge that you'll be safe at.

We will be right behind you." I said that in a rush. I knew what was happening. I looked over and saw In Medieval times, dragons were considered fearsome creatures. Knights set out to slay them to impress the masses. Were all dragons evil creatures destined to be feared? People always thought so. Now, in modern times, dragons only exist in one place: Gretum.
The dragons there have lived with select people for thousands of years. There are a wide variety of dragon species, most of them benevolent and kind, but there is one exception. Hiding in the dark.


Only worthy humans can tame and even ride these dragons. Every year, one person is selected and tested to see if they are worthy of becoming a dragon Rider.

One terrifying year, however, Gretum is in grave danger.Enter the world of a lonely girl named Lilly. Blueblood nod. I said "One, two... Three!" I watched as the shot off so fast I couldn't keep up with them. I turned to the white dragons.

I opened their links and said "Brothers, sisters it is your Queen, stand down please and we can talk!" we circled around and after sending their confusion and hesitation I sent out my encouragement.

One of the dragons, the leader, said "My queen I am so sorry. We are being controlled by a powerful force. We were told to attack the red dragon. We had to or the man would kill all our ice children.

In so sorry my queen forgive us please." I though over this information. I made my decision. I said to Aradace and also let the ice dragons hear the conversation. "You will need to get hurt i'm sorry there is no way out. I am going to jump once your hit and then I need you to blow fire everywhere the dragons will flee and then you need to circle around a few times and then fly towards Blueblood. You will be safe if I am not with you." Aradace made a sad wail like moan.

I watched as The people in the dragons threw white tipped spears. One of them finally hit. I moaned pitifully as I looked at the wound. I jumped off Aradace and into a huge plume of snow dust.

No one saw me. I quickly dug into the snow calling on fire to help me. I dug deep. I felt the heat as Aradace furiously blew fire. I hope all the Ice dragons made it. I told Aradace that I was safe. She needed to leave me. I but my almost frozen lip.

I made note that not one creature moved anymore. Nothing made a sound. I listened intently and then I heard the most heartbreaking noise. It was a wail of sorrow and pain for my loss. I felt it in my chest A deep connection that rattled. I felt something harden inside of me.

I felt a deep determination to find all the dragons and get rid of this evil force. I climbed out of my hole and I heard a very loud, very angry voice.

It yelled one word "Mabuz!" so that was who was behind this. I should have know that when I escaped on the back of my dragon he would look for more dragons. It looked like he had found them before me.

I listened more closely. A wail rang out into the now silent night. I felt my heart shatter as I listened to the two dragons wail. I felt all the connections I had made with the other dragons pulse. They were all grieving me. I trudged on in one direction.

I knew what I had to do. I had to keep moving. That was what the dream was about anyway. As I kept walking the sky started to break. It curled into colors so beautiful I had to stop and look.

There was blue and green and yellow green. There was a light purple. I watched in awe as the colors danced across the broken nighttime sky. I kept walking though with a new attitude. I wasn't hateful anymore I was just determined.

Determined like my mother and father. Determined like my people. And determined like all the dragons who wish to protect me. I smiled and walked. I walked until I saw the light of dawn. I was exhausted but I had to keep going.

I finally found a cave in the ground. I crawled in and called upon fire. I made myself warm and then slept.


I woke up slowly. I was a bit cold but I was okay. I looked up and saw that the sun was beginning to set. I had slept for almost the whole entire day.

I got out of my hole and walked. I didn't know where I was or where Aradace was, I just needed to keep walking. As I walked I looked around. I was scouting for any mountains or any dragons. I looked into the sky and then to the horizon.

I was kinda scared. That didn't matter all that mattered was finding that mountain that was in my dream. I set off, I realized that everything was so much better with my Dragon.

I was sad, I had no one to talk to... I stopped suddenly. I could slap myself. I could talk to Aradace. It wouldn't do much because everything looked the same. The wind was blowing so hard that my footsteps didn't even have time to form before they were blown away. I opened my mind and called out "Aradace? Aradace can you hear me?" I got no reply.

"Hello?! Aradace!" nothing. I was utterly alone in this wasteland. I trekked along. I've lost all of my enthusiasm.

***

I trudged for 3 days. I was getting desperate. I used snow to make water but I didn't have food. I needed food. I kept trudging. My feet were numb and I couldn't feel my hands.

I wondered if I would get hypothermia. I finally saw the mountain. I didn't know where I was. But I knew that I was now in danger.

I sprinted to the mountain. I got there just in time. When I looked out back at the empty tundra I saw a huge white Dragon. He was searching for me. Sniffing with his snout close to the ground. I smiled and opened the link.

I said "Hello, dragon, I am your Queen, you need to keep searching but I am over in the big crevice by the mountain. How are you bring controlled?" the Dragon stopped for a minute and Its eyes flicked towards me. I smiled and he walked a few paces farther away from me.

He said "My queen I'm sorry. There is a man. He called himself King Mabuz of dragons. We all knew he wasn't but he had something. Bone of us knew what it was. He can control us. I'm sorry we had no choice.

He took all the ice eggs and threatened to break all of them. Please help us. I nodded and said "Okay, act natural and come and pretend you just found me.

Pick me up by my shirt scruff and pull me out of here. I'll do the rest. The Dragon did as I said. He pretended he suddenly had a scent. The rider crooned happily. I smiled as the Dragon reched me.

He sniffed around and then stuck his head into the crevice. I rubbed his nose and kissed his nose. I turned around and he gently grabbed my shirt. He pulled me out and I suddenly realized how huge the Dragon was. When he held me up my feet were probably 6 feet off the ground.

I gulped and he set me down. I turned to face the man and he jumped off. He said "Don't try to run you don't get far!" the Dragon opened his mouth to translate but I said back "I wouldn't dream of running away. I will come." the man stared at me surprised he said "How can you speak Dragon?" I laughed and said "I am the Dragon queen. It is in my blood." the man dropped to one knee.

He said "My queen please forgive my harsh words. We had no choice but to find the one who rode the red fire." I nodded and said "You are forgiven. Please have your Dragon inform all others about me.

I want everyone notified that I have arrived." the man nodded and I looked at me apologetically and I turned around to he could bind me. He didn't bind me too tightly and for that I was greatful.

I was laid on the Dragon and the man climbed up on the Dragon and we took off. I knew I wouldn't fall. I looked at the man and he glanced at me and then on the way to the tribe he told me about Mabuz and the spell they were under.

When we got to the camp I waited for everyone to gather around. They all acted hostile but their eyes held different stories. Some held sadness other held pride and some held hope. The dragons were the same.

I got off the Dragon quite gracefully considering my arms were tied. I was "escorted" to The evil man standing by a huge white building. When we got there the man let me go and I played my part.

I signed through the role and ran towards Mabuz. I enveloped him in a hug and to my disgust he enveloped me in his own hug. I said "Oh Mabuz it was terrible. Not even Blueblood could save me.

But you did. You sent people after me to take me to you. I know now you'll take care of me. In sorry can you forgive me? I was throwing up inside my mind. Mabuz looked down at me and smiled he said "of course my love. Anything for you." I smiled and when he turned to go inside the building I took a ice knife that had been tossed to me and held the knife against his throat.

I said "But my love, I want to stay outside." I said love with as much venom as I could. The whole sentence could have burned him.

I felt everyone take a step away from me. Mabuz went very still. When he tried to move I tutted and said "Oh, I don't think you should move." he whispered "why." I said with a bitter laugh "Can't you remember a similar situation?" he went slack and said "Oh, the forest." I laughed and said "Wow your smarter than I thought!" I laughed at him and he put his head down.

He thought I wouldn't see his smile, or his hand as it gripped a dagger. I laughed as I let go of him. He immediately turned around and slashed at me.

I blocked it easily and then I stabbed his shoulder rendering his arm useless. He conducted a dirty move. He mocked my feet out from under me and I fell with a thud. I surged up and slashed his knee.

He fell. I smiled bitterly as he looked at me with scared eyes. For a moment I saw kain and I couldn't end him. But I only saw Blueblood for a moment. I stabbed Mabuz in his side and he screamed. I didn't kill him but he could bleed out.

I called a healer. "Cover his wound but don't heal him. I want him alive for when Blueblood gets here." Mabuz let's out a choked gasp when I mentioned Kain. I smiled a terrifying smile that didn't reach my eyes. I didn't want to kill Mabuz. I know Blueblood will want to. For kidnapping me.

I will leave it for Blueblood. I was walking towards some people that were smiling at me too. For a moment though their faces free in horror. I didn't understand but I turned and the healer was standing and he was smiling at me in a crazed way.

I looked to where Mabuz was just laying on the ground. The next thing I knew. +

Every thing was black.

TBC 😲