• Published 13th May 2018
  • 1,195 Views, 9 Comments

The Dragon Riders - Dragontamer99



The dragons were thought to have died out. All the dragon riders were dead. It is said that dragons aren't real, Only two people remain that knew about the dragons

  • ...
6
 9
 1,195

EPS 13


Lily P.O.V


I woke up and, startled I looked around the cave. I saw Aradace and Briggen. Then I saw Blueblood. I knew I was safe after a moment but the dream was still there. I got up and when I took a step Blueblood whipped his head up and gasped.

I thought it was because of me but after a minute he rubbed his eyes and slowed his breathing. I crouched next to him and said "Blueblood, what's wrong was it your dream?" he looked startled again and said "Yeah it was a really weird dream.

A huge grey dragon came to me and said he was the king of dragons and that I should take care of Briggen because it was my duty and that I should protect you too. I don't know it was weird." I gaped at him he just described my dream except my dream was with the dragon queen.

I quickly told Blueblood and he got up and said something to Briggen. I got Aradace up in My mind because I could only talk to her in my mind. Blueblood looked at me for a brief second before telling Briggen about the dream. I told Aradace exactly what I saw and she said "I wonder what this means... Now that we know that the queen of dragons was a fire dragon and the King was a mountain dragon.

That must mean that those species are more dominant." I nodded. Well. We need to still find the water and forest dragons. I need to find them." I looked at Blueblood and Briggen and they nodded their heads agreeing to my unsaid statement. "Alright, let's go then." I lead the way out having already scouted the night before. Once we were outside I turned to Aradace and she bent her head down.

I got on and I saw Blueblood look at Briggen with disbelief when Briggen followed Aradace' lead and lowered his head to Blueblood could climb up. I laughed and said "Come on Blueblood it's easy just grab hold and haul yourself over his neck. When you set the scales should adjust so it's like a built-in seat. You won't fall.

Its impossible, unless you jump." he looked incredulous and I laughed again. But he climbed on and still looked uneasy. I turned back and Blueblood said, "Who in their right mind would jump off..." I smirked and said back "You would be surprised.

" He huffed and I smirked again. I nodded to Aradace and Briggen and they both launched into the air at the same time. At first, we got some turbulence because both of the wings of the dragon were creating air gusts. Then we leveled out and started heading towards the way the green and blue line leads.

I could see the line but I guess no one else could. I smiled and once we were high enough I told Aradace of my plan and she nodded her head slightly.

I smiled and stood up. I heard Blueblood gasp and when he said "Lily you should prob-" I cut him off as I suddenly jumped off of Aradace' neck.

I free fell for a minute before gracefully landing back on Aradace' neck. I looked back at Briggen and Blueblood. Briggen'Eyes for full of admiration and Blueblood eyes were filled with Fear and Concern.

I smiled and said "I'm a great flyer you won't have to worry about me. It comes instinctively. You know being the queen and all." after that we flew on for about 5 hours before the line started to steadily curve to the right.

I focused really hard and tried to transfer the image to Aradace. After a moment Aradace curved along the line and I sighed with relief.

She said, "I thought it would take a little longer before you would be able to send pictures through the link." I nodded and said nothing. After a few more hours of sending pictures back and forth, the sun started to set again.

I looked back at Briggen and surprised myself by talking through a link I felt with him. He looked startled too and I said. We must land soon. It's getting dark." he nodded and asked "how can you talk to me in my head.

I thought only dragon riders could do that with their own dragons." I shook my head and said, "I am the queen I can communicate through a link I have with every dragon." Briggen looked at me with new respect and I smiled.

When I turned back around I noticed we had slowly started to descend looking for a place to camp. After about 30 minutes we found a big clearing. It had a waterfall I'm one corner and a rock on the other end. I smiled and we landed.

I jumped off of Aradace's neck and landed lightly on my feet. I looked around and nodded to myself. I looked up at Briggen. He was landing next to Aradace. When Briggen landed Blueblood jumped or rather jump/fell off of Briggen's neck.

I laughed quietly and then I said to Aradace and Briggen.

"You should go hunting real quick. Get something for both of you to eat and then bring something for me and Blueblood." they both nodded an took off again.

Blueblood came over and protested he said "wa- Why is Briggen leaving! I didn't tell him to go anywhere." I shook my head and said "I'm sorry, I thought it would be faster if they hunted together.

" Blueblood looked at me and smiled. He said "Yeah it probably would have. Sorry, for you know freaking out." I laughed and said "Its fine, it's normal for a king to worry anyway.

" I walked away but turned to wink at Blueblood. He laughed and then looked startled. I turned fully back around and frowned. "What's wrong Blueblood?" He shook his head and said "I'm just not fit to be a king.

I can't even look after my family let alone a whole kingdom of people and dragons..." I walked up to Blueblood and without thinking reached up and gave him a sweet and short kiss.

I said "You have me remember. I will know how to lead everyone." he smiled and took my hand. I said "Well we can't be queen and king of we can't survive one night so let's get a fire going so when the dragons come back we can eat quickly.

Blueblood nodded and took out a flint and steel from his backpack he looked up and said, "What does Metin not have in these backpacks." I laughed and shrugged.

I walked around the edge of the clearing and found some sticks and logs.

I brought them to the middle of the clearing and made them into a circle with some standing up against each other. Blueblood stepped over and struck the flint and steel once or twice to get a small fire started.

After the flame caught I bent down and blew softly on the flames whispering nice things to the earth. Suddenly the fire free big. It started to really burn. 🔥


I smiled and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I turned to Blueblood and he laughed at me. I shrugged and found a mirror in the backpack. First I rolled my eyes but I looked in the mirror to see spot covering my cheeks.

It was like black blush. I laughed and for a moment I and Blueblood couldn't stop laughing. We only stopped when we heard wing beats. I smiled and stood.

I saw Aradace and Briggen carrying something in their mouths and then Aradace was holding something small in her claws and Briggen was holding something small in his claws.

I smiled and turned to Blueblood I said "They brought food." we both smiled and turned to wait for the two dragons flying very low over the trees. Once they landed I noticed that they both had a big animal for their food and they had something very small in their claws for us.

Aradace had a type of wild dog called a rust. Its a red looking wild dog who lives in any type of woods. It's very good. Briggen had gotten Blueblood a Retune(rea-tune), it's a type of bird that's actually pretty big.

They like to roost in the tall canopies of tall trees. I grabbed the Rust and Blueblood grabbed the retune. We took it over and started to skin and pluck the animals.

After we were done with gutting and preparing the food we grabbed a metal stick they Metin had put on the side of our backpacks. I smiled and stuck the rod through the rust. Jain did the same. We then put the animals over the fire and waited while the cooks slowly.


A few hours later they were ready to eat. They smelled so good. I pulled the Rust towards me and away from the fire. I kept the metal rod in place while I ate just to make it easier. I took the first bite and a burst of a million flavors swept through my mouth like a flood.

It was amazing. I smiled and sat back while I ate. I looked at Blueblood and he seemed to be having the same reaction. I smiled and looked at Aradace and Briggen.

They seemed to be enjoying their meals. We ate and ate till we couldn't eat and what we couldn't eat we wrapped up and put in a box. (Metin gave them magical boxes AKA coolers for us) and then we put them in our backpacks.

There seemed to be endless space in the backpack Then again there probably was. We all laid down after we were done and I sat down with Aradace leaning against her neck that she curled around me. I thought to her "You are getting really big.

I wonder if the stand will be able to hold you while you shrink." she chuckled sadly and said, "We will just have to make it better." I looked at her and noticed she was gloomy and sad I asked her " what's wrong Aradace. Come on tell me.

" Aradace took in a huge breathe and said "Well... Whenever I see You and Blueblood well I don't know it hurts. I wish I could have that..." that statement broke my heart. I could hear every single piece crash the ground.

I sighed, I said "Aradace we Will find you, someone. Maybe you have to be a little older and then you'll find your mate.

" She nodded and said, "You really think so?" I said "I Know so" she seemed to be happy with my answer because she laid her head down and pureed to me. I scratched her head and she leaned against me more.

I smiled What would I do without you Aradace. Nothing. I looked over to Briggen. I saw him looking at Aradace and I said through the link.

"Briggen?" He looked startled but said "y yes?" I said "I've noticed you stare at Aradace whenever you get the chance or whenever you think you're not being watched.

Is there something you need to tell me?" he started to say no but stopped he said "yes, there is something I need to tell you... I nodded encouragement and he said "I believe Aradace is my mate.

I don't know how but I just know that whenever I'm around her I get nervous or whenever I'm away I start to worry about her.

I think... I think I love her." he bowed his head as if ashamed of loving my dragon. Something he could not touch. He looked like a girl who loved a dress but couldn't have it. I smiled and said "Briggen I'm so glad you love her. I want you to keep being near her.

She is really depressed right now because she thinks she will never find someone to love her. She needs love Briggen. I believe you could be mates but I think she needs to be a tad older. Will you do this for me?"

he nodded vigorously and said "Oh thank you, my queen, thank you. I will love her with all my heart I promise." I chuckled "Don't promise me promise Aradace.

" he stood and walked lovingly over to the sleeping Aradace. He touched her cheek lovingly and whispered "I love you, I always will, I'll always be there for you and I won't leave you.

I Will wait as long as it takes for you to love me but it will be worth it. +

TBC