• Published 8th May 2018
  • 523 Views, 5 Comments

Chillin In The Corridor - BigShaqAttack



The Grand Galloping Gala has an unexpected, and univited, guest arrive.

  • ...
35
 5
 523

Chillin In The Corridor

Once every year in Equestria, there comes a special night where ponies come far and wide to mingle and have a good time. That night, of course, is the Grand Galloping Gala, held at Canterlot Castle. A special ball attended primarily by ponies of the upper class.

As of right now, the Gala has been underway for twenty minutes. Guests are still arriving in their chariots, pulling up to the castle entrance. Some guests are meeting up with friends or acquaintances by the entrance, some are meeting Princess Celestia for a formal greeting, others have already made their way into the ballroom, enjoying the food spread or dancing to the music.

In the corridor, a particular alicorn, Princess Twilight Sparkle, adorned in a beautiful ball gown, was waiting for two special guests of hers.

“Twilight,” Spike, Twilight's number one assistant, said to her. He was dressed well in a tuxedo topped with a top hat. “Your parents haven’t arrived yet?”

“Not yet,” Twilight said. “I doubt they’ll be much longer.”

“Oh my goodness, you look so beautiful,” the voice of a familiar mare said. Twilight turned her head and saw her parents approaching her. Her mother, Twilight Velvet, was adorned in a dress that perfectly matched her eye color, with a pearl necklace around her neck. Her father, Night Light, on the other hoof, was wearing a simple tuxedo with a red bow tie.

“Mom! Dad!” When Twilight’s parents got close enough, she wrapped her hooves around them in a tight hug. “Glad you were able to make it.”

“You kidding?” Night Light said. “Anyone would be out of their mind to miss out on the Gala.”

“I heard Songbird Serenade is coming. Is that true?” Twilight Velvet asked with much enthusiasm.

“I am not too sure myself,” Twilight answered. “I have heard those rumors though. Hey, it could happen.”

“Oh that would be so amazing if she did come.” Twilight Velvet started prancing in place, pure excitement enticing her. “I don’t think I could control my excitement if she does.” The purple alicorn rolled her eyes. She loved her mother to death, but sometimes, she can be too much. With these two party animals, tonight is going to be a interesting, yet fun Gala.


Riding up to Canterlot Castle, a motorized chariot with four doors was cruising at a slow and comfortable pace. The driver of the car, Aznee, was with his friend, Big Shaq, both bumping his mega hit song, “Man’s Not Hot.” They were on their way to the Grand Galloping Gala, but they were not invited. They were just going there just to do something real quick and dip.

“You know where they gon be, man?” Aznee asked, turning down the straight up fire that is “Man’s Not Hot”.

“Check teh script fam, they gon be chillin in teh corridor,” Big Shaq answered. Aznee nodded his head and turned up the music once more. After two more loops of the fire hit, they arrived to the castle. Big Shaq looked through the castle entrance to see if he see who he needs to. He sees four individuals in the corridor, in plain sight. “One,” he said, looking at Spike. “Two.” Eyes on Twilight Sparkle. “T’ree.” Twilight Velvet. “Fo’.” Focus on Night Light. “Time teh hop out,” he said to himself. He hopped out the four door, tucking his .44 away, and ran up to the adult unicorn. “You don’t got frisbee!” He got to Night Light and punched him square in the jaw. Before anyone could react, Big Shaq ran back to the four door and got in. “Go Aznee! Drive!” Aznee kicked it to high gear. The car was getting hot from such a high speed, but Big Shaq, the man, was not hot.


“Dad!” Twilight exclaimed. Before she could even take a look at the assailant, he was already back in his motor chariot and was out of sight. She looked back to her father, him massaging his jaw, clearly in some pain. “What the heck was that all about?”

“I don’t know,” Night Light said. “Does it look bad?” Night Light removed his hoof from his jaw. It didn’t look bad as of now. Just a little swollen and a bit bruised.

“Not really,” his wife said, still trying to wrap her head around what just happened. “I’ll go see if I can get you some ice for that.” Velvet walked away from the group to find a castle staff member who can help her.

“Could have been worse,” Night Light said. His horn lit up and grabbed something from his breast pocket with his magic. He pulled out a candy bar with a gold wrapper and red writing on in. “At least he didn’t steal my Twix.” His relief was cut short upon hearing a loud screeching noise. The motorised chariot from before had returned, and, unfortunately for Night Light, Big Shaq hopped out the four door once more.

They barely had time to blink.

With speed matched only by Rainbow Dash herself, Shaq strode over to Night Light, taking his Twix by force, before turning to leave. Before he did, however, he once more turned to Nightlight, and connected his fist with the other side of Night Light’s jaw, before dashing out of the castle once again, his cries of “Boom Boom!” being the last thing they heard from Shaq before the doors closed.

“You have got to be kidding,” Twilight said in shock. She looked back to her father, both sides of his face were swelling up. “Dad, you okay?”

“I don’t feel so good,” he said, looking dizzy. “Catch me, Twily.” His eyes rolled back and started to fall forward. Thinking quickly, and using her magic, Twilight caught her father in her magic and looked around to find a place to set him down.

“What in the blue heck just happened?” Spike asked.

“A guy just punched my dad in the jaw...twice...and stole his candy. Just...why?” All Twilight could do wass shake her head. “I’m going to go find somewhere to lay him down. Spike, can you find my mom and tell her what happened?”

“Sure thing, Twilight.” The two went their separate ways to complete their tasks. While walking around to find Twilight Velvet, Spike kept pondering about the biped that punched Night Light. “Why did he have a jacket on? Wasn’t he hot in that?”

If he were a paranoid dragon, he could have sworn that he heard a distant voice cry ‘Man’s not hot!’ into the night sky.

Comments ( 5 )

Man like Shaq does big bits in the corridor ya'knoe, truss.

Mans approved now init

How is "dude in heavy jaket" a trigger warning?

Login or register to comment