• Published 12th May 2018
  • 992 Views, 2 Comments

Missing Mother's Day - Creativa-Artly01



Mother's Day is AJ's least favorite day of all now that her mother is dead. The same goes for Father's Day.

  • ...
2
 2
 992

Chapter 1

"Huh," says AJ letting out a sigh, "it's that time of year again. Mother's Day. It's the worst holiday ever when your mother's in the grave." She looks out the window towards the orchard borders and to her parents tree. "I miss you so much, momma." She climbs down the stairs from her room and goes out to the tree and cries.

A few minutes later, Applejack is approached by Apple Bloom and Big Mack.

"You okay, sis?" Asks Apple Bloom concerned.

"Honestly, no," responds Applejack still in tears. "I miss momma so much."

"As do I, but you have to move on," responds Big Mack. He sits next to his sister and takes her in his hooves and does his best to comfort her.

"Well, what did it used to be like when maw was alive?" Asks Apple Bloom. "Do you have any memories of past Mother's days with her?"

"Uh huh," sniffles AJ. She then begins to explain. "My favorite memories of Mother's Day was the one not long after my fifth birthday. We went to Neighaghara Falls to celebrate and we had a camping trip and picnic under the stars."

"Momma," says a little AJ to Pear Butter.

"Yes, my darling girl," says Buttercup with a smile. "What is it?"

"Has this been a good Mother's Day for you?" Asks AJ.

"Best one yet," responds Buttercup with a smile as she gives Applejack a great big hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Now, why don't we go look at the stars." The two sneak out of the tent and go and lay under the stars together. All the while, the two stay silent and continue to smile.

"That was my best memory," says Applejack to her siblings. "The picnic, the waterfall, being under the stars together just me and maw. It was great."

"What was your best Mother's Day memory?" Asks Apple Bloom, wide eyed, to Big Mack.

"It was the one not long after my tenth birthday," says Big Mack. "We went to a Wonderbolts performance for it that year as mom's friend Firefly was on the team then. It was a real fun time. Mom really enjoyed herself."

"That's a nice memory. Both of your are. I wish I had a Mother's Day memory like you two," says Apple Bloom as she cries into the arms of her siblings.

A few hours later, the three siblings go and ask Grandpear to share his favorite Mother's Day memory he ever shared with his daughter. As they contently listen, the older two can't help but think of all the Mother's Day memories they shared with their mother while she was alive. While it's still not their favorite holiday ever, maybe that'll change someday. They then listen to Mother's Day tales from Granny that night just as contently as they did to Grandpear's.

That night, back in her room, Applejack pulls out a photo album labeled Mother's Day from under her bed and begins to look through it. "There's the first Mother's Day we celebrated," sighs Applejack as she rubs her hoof over the picture. "And the one from our second Mother's Day. That one was nice and simple. We had a camp out in the orchard that year. That was so much fun." She then flips the page. "And here's years three through five. There's my favorite memory." She rubs her hoof over the fifth year one and smiles. She then flips to the next page and looks at years six through ten and smiles. She then flips to the next page and looks at years eleven and twelve, year twelve was when their mom found out she was pregnant with Apple Bloom. "That was the last Mother's Day," sighs Applejack breaking into tears, "before she died." She then cries herself to sleep, the album falling off the bed and to the floor. As she sleeps, she can't help but dream about her mother.

"Honey, why are you crying?" Asks Pear Butter to Applejack.

"Scraped my knee while out walking in the woods with daddy," responds Applejack with a sniffle.

"Well, let's get that bandaged up," responds Buttercup as she puts a bandaid on the scrape. The two then walk down to the river together and look over the river rom the bridge. Buttercup then begins to sing a little song. "Hush my child, don't you cry. Put a smile on that face of yours. Wipe those tears from your eyes. Hush my child, no need to cry. You're a brave girl and even without wings..."

"I can fly," responds AJ with a smile. The two then walk back to the camp ground and wake up Bright Mack and Big Mack for breakfast. They then eat breakfast together under the falls. After breakfast, Applejack and Big Mack grab their sailboats and sail the, under the falls. As the two play happily, Buttercup and Bright Mack can't help but smile.

"I'm so glad the children are happy," sighs Buttercup. "I hope it will always be this way."

"As do I," responds Bright Mack.

Around 5:00 AM the next morning, Applejack wakes up and picks up the photo album and looks through it once again with a half frown half smile on her face this time. After hours of looking through the album, Applejack breaks into tears. "I used to love Mother's Day," sniffles Applejack, "now I absolutely hate it and can't stand it!" She slams closed the album and shoves it back under her bed. All the while she doesn't notice her little sister standing in the doorway with a look of shock on her face. She then turns around and apologizes to a scared Apple Bloom. The two then leave their conversation at the door and go down and get to Apple bucking in the orchard. Applejack will never forgive herself for scarring Apple Bloom like that. Now, she will forever hate Mother's Day and that fact will never change. She was warming back up to the holiday before this. Now, however, that has gone out the window once and for all.

Comments ( 2 )

I know there's gonna be a story featuring good ol' AJ and Mamajack. But hey, not this early:rainbowlaugh:

I'm calling it, this is gonna hit the trends. :ajsmug:

8920957
I certainly hope it will

love your username
Ich spreche Deutsch

Login or register to comment