• Published 6th May 2018
  • 1,108 Views, 14 Comments

Hero name: Princess Midnight - King Ice



Twilight Sparkle was young filly who was hit by a mysterious light allowing her to transform in the heroin Princess Midnight, now she'll fight crime and many dangerous villains! Set in the modern world and a hero world

  • ...
2
 14
 1,108

Enter Princess Midnight (edited)

Twilight Sparkle was a unicorn, a single mare, living alone in an apartment of the big city of Manehattan. Well, she wasn’t an ordinary unicorn. When she was young, during the night she was hit by a light coming from the stars. She felt a pain unimaginable and fell unconscious. Her parents got her in the hospital, and when she woke up, she realized she could transform, take a new form. When transforming, she become a tall alicorn, with a flowing mane and tail, but her mane and coat didn’t change colors. She decided to keep it secret and never use that form, why would she need it? However, when a friend of hers, Moondancer, was killed by a crook three years after her transformation, she couldn’t help herself but turn into an alicorn and rush to find the criminal. She stopped him and decided to stop every other criminal, so that nopony will suffer like she did. She decided to be a hero, a hero that she named: Princess Midnight. Of course, nopony knew that Princess Midnight and Twilight Sparkle were the same pony.

Twilight sat at the table, drinking coffee. She had to hurry though, she overslept and had to open her library in twenty minutes. She was lucky that her library was just in front of the building where she lived.

“I wonder what the news is today?” she asked herself before turning on the TV. When she saw the news, she quickly spat the coffee she was drinking. “Oh no! Octomare is attacking Trixie Labs! I should have known she would do that!” she yelled before standing up.

Hmmm, why did Twilight know this, you ask? Octomare is a red unicorn and was a famous former scientist. However, due to her being too much exposed to radioactivity, her horn stopped ‘’working’’. Her horn was one of the greatest assets she had, but when she couldn’t use magic anymore, everypony mocked her for not being able to build new machines. She decided to build something that would help her, six long tentacle like bionic arms attached inside her back, arms she could control because they were linked to her brain. However, once again, the other scientists mocked her, and something snapped. She became completely mad and decided to show everypony the genius she was by taking revenge. It all happened last year, and it seemed she finally came back.

This would be the first time that Twilight fought her. Twilight chased only small fries of criminals, this was the first time she’d fight against somepony who had super abilities like her. Of course, because she only chased some random crooks, only a few ponies knew her, and they were more interested in other heroes who were fighting big-league villains.

Twilight charged magic in her horn and was suddenly covered in purple magic. The magic stopped covering her quickly and revealed a tall, lavender alicorn, who had a purple flowing mane. She wore a purple leather hero costume with a big ‘’M’’ in her chest, the costume hiding her cutie mark. And finally, she wore a black mask covering only her eyes. Well, where her eyes were, since there were two holes for her to see.

Princess Midnight teleported herself onto the rooftop of her building and flew in the direction of Trixie Labs. While flying, she saw some ponies running and pegasi flying in the opposite direction. Well, she definitely knew where Octomare was.

She finally arrived in front of Trixie Labs. It was a very large building, and inside many scientists were working on who knows how many machines. Some were useful and others were useless. Of course, the leader was a mare named Trixie Lulamoon. She was selling every machine she could, well, the least dangerous. Princess Midnight landed and saw two police cars with four police ponies hiding behind their cars while Octomare’s lackeys shot at them. Speaking of the devil, Octomare was currently tearing apart the doors with her metal arms.

“Do you have anypony injured here?” Princess Midnight asked one of the police ponies. He looked at her and deduced she was a hero.

“No, but we can’t come closer. We are only four and there are ten of them. They don’t stop shooting at us, and we are lucky they don’t have pegasus with them, only unicorns and earth ponies,” the police pony explained. Midnight nodded. “And who are you?”

“The end of your worries,” she simply answered before flying off. She passed the cars and landed in front of the lackeys.

They shot at her, but she dodged every bullet and fired a purple magic beam at the three unicorns and hit the other ponies left with her hooves, knocking them all out. Octomare noticed there was no shooting anymore and turned around to see that her lackeys were knocked out.

“Don’t worry, I held back my power, they’ll be fine,” Princess Midnight said while pointing at the fallen lackeys.

“Who are you?!” Octomare shouted while she used her metal arms to maintain herself in the air by planting them in the ground.

“Princess Midnight. As for you, you’ll go in prison!” Princess Midnight yelled as she shot a magic beam, easily blocked by one of the metal arms. Midnight spread her eyes in surprise. Her beam was blocked and didn’t do any damage! Octomare chuckled.

“You are a fool! My bionic arms are made of antimatium! A metal with many mysterious properties but known to be the hardest metal in the world, it can absorb magic. Even if you are an alicorn, your magic isn’t strong enough!” Octomare yelled as she tried to catch Midnight with two of her arms.

Midnight dodged the first and punched the second one with her hoof. She flew as fast as she could to try to directly hit Octomare, but the other arms stopped her by catching her forelegs.

“Ponies always try to hit my main body, but they always forget that my arms are my body too, they protect me!” she shouted as bionic arm hit Midnight in the chest, sending her to the ground.

Midnight coughed blood but quickly got up. She dodged three bionic arms but was caught by surprise by one arm behind her, which grabbed her by the tail and threw her in a police car, breaking it. The two police ponies behind the car yelled in surprise and fear while the two remaining rushed to Octomare and began shooting at her. However, she either dodged the bullets or stopped them with her metal arms.

“Are you trying to stop me with these little toys?” she asked while chuckling. She caught the two fools who tried to stop her and threw them high in the skies. “Now, we’ll see how you’ll look when you hit the ground!”

The police ponies cried in fear as they saw the ground getting closer, however, they were saved just in time by Midnight who caught them with her magic. She put them on their hooves and they thanked her as they ran away.

“I won’t let you hurt anypony, or steal anything here. There are ponies who are working here as we speak, you’re dangerous,” Midnight said. Octomare rolled her eyes.

“You don’t understand, do you? No matter how tall you are compared to me, no matter if you are an alicorn and how powerful you are at using magic, I’ll be stronger! I’ll beat you every time, because I have the strongest weapon ever, my brain!” Octomare explained as she blocked a magic beam with a metal arm. “You are stupid, you try to hit me with magic again?!”

Midnight ignored her and shot magic beams while running around her. Octomare didn’t even flinch as she stopped them all with ease. Midnight decided to change her plans and began flying.

“Even if you fly, this won’t change anything!” Octomare shouted as she approached a police car. She used two of her metal arms to raise it. She looked at Midnight and threw the car.

Midnight was too surprised to react in time, she wasn’t expecting flying a car to come hurtling towards her. The car hit her! Midnight began falling as she coughed blood, however, she used her wings to land safely. She was panting and bleeding while Octomare smiled. Midnight didn’t give up though, she still had some tricks. Her horn glowed when she suddenly disappeared. Octomare yawned.

Midnight appeared behind Octomare and was ready to shoot her with a magic beam, however, one metal arm grabbed her in her throat and hammered her into the ground. Again she coughed blood and panted, slowly opening her eyes and glaring at Octomare. She gritted her teeth.

“How?”

“Please, I am a genius. Of course I prevented anypony trying to sneak on me, by putting movement captors on these arms. They are linked to my brain, in short, as long as I have them I don’t have any blind spot,” she explained as she walked to the building of Trixie Labs, still holding Midnight with her metal arm. “My destination is the fifth floor, maybe you would like to accompany me?” she asked rhetorically.

Octomare climbed with the help of her metal arms hammering themselves on the wall, and at the same time, she was hitting Midnight on the wall with all her might. After some time, she stopped.

“Well, it seems we’re here. As for you,” Octomare said as she looked at Midnight, whose face was covered in blood. She was barely keeping her eyes open and couldn’t move her body. “You fall, hero.” She dropped Midnight, and the hero crashed into the ground, in a small crater unable to move. Octomare smiled, broke the wall, scaring everypony in the process, and entered in the building.

***

Princess Midnight stepped inside her apartment and covered herself in magic, returning to her normal form, Twilight Sparkle. She laid on the couch, exhausted. She couldn’t believe it, she lost, she was utterly defeated. She was still bleeding, but that didn’t matter. Her healing abilities were improved, she could heal those wounds, but it would take some time. She was more worried for the ponies who worked in Trixie Labs. She was lucky that there weren’t any injured and that she was still conscious; if she wasn’t, she would have turned back to her normal form, and everypony would have seen who she really was. She got up and sighed, then took some bandages and put them on her face and on some parts of her body. It’d be better to cover those wounds. Then she remembered the day had just begun, and she still had to go to work at her library. She groaned in exasperation. She loved working there… except when she lost a fight and was wounded.

Suddenly, she heard the doorbell. It seemed somepony was here. She moved slowly to the door and unlocked it. When she opened it, she saw at her great surprise… her parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light.

“Mom! Dad! What are you doing here!?” she asked with joy as she hugged them.

“Well, we wanted to surprise you by visiting you! Since you moved out of the house, we don’t see each other as much as we did before,” Velvet explained with a smile. Night Light was about to ask her why she wasn’t in the library, since that was the first place where they thought they’ll find her, but he quickly saw the problem: she had bandages all over her body.

“Sweetie, are you alright? What happened to you?” he asked with a worried look.

“Oh my! How did you get hurt so badly?!” Velvet exclaimed. Twilight lost herself in her thoughts, trying to find an excuse.

“It was just a bad fall in the stairs, nothing to worry about, I’m fine,” she answered. Velvet and her husband looked at each other.

“Well, if you say so,” Night Light said.

“Come in, sit at the table! I’ll prepare some coffee!” Twilight said as her parents came in, and closed the door.

***

“You’re doing great, Twilight!” Velvet said as she took a sip of coffee. “At first, I didn’t believe you could live by working this library of yours, mainly because you work alone!”

“Well, I don’t really need somepony to help me. I have my magic, after all!”

“Excuse me, Twilight,” Night Light said interrupting the two mares. “Where is the bathroom?”

“First door on the right,” Twilight answered as her father stood up and moved to the bathroom, velvet smiled.

“Now that we’re alone, you can tell me Twilight. Did you meet your special somepony?” Velvet asked ecstatically. Twilight laughed.

“No, I haven’t even thought about that. I have… other matters right now, and I doubt I’ll marry somepony in the future. I’m far too busy,” Twilight said with a sigh. Velvet gave her a sad smile.

“Don’t worry. If you don’t find somepony, then somepony will find you!” Velvet said, Twilight smiled.

“Mom… I have something I wanted to ask you… I failed at doing something, like failed really bad, I don’t have any motivation anymore. The challenge was too hard for me and I fear the next ones will be even worse! You always gave me good advice mom, what should I do? I don’t feel like I can continue,” Twilight confessed. Velvet looked at her and patted her head.

“You failed, so what? I mean, it’s normal to fail at something at least one time. Failure helps you improve yourself, they show you what you did wrong and what you mustn’t do again. When you fail, you get stronger, you’re better prepared for the next challenges because you won’t make the same mistakes!” Velvet explained. Twilight smiled. “It doesn’t matter how or at what you failed at, because you’ll always find a way to not fail again.”

“Thanks mom,” Twilight said as she hugged her. “I… I have to go!” she added, running to her door.

“Wait, Twilight, where are you going!?” Velvet shouted, but it was too late, Twilight had already closed the door behind her. Velvet sighed. “Well, back to the coffee.”

***

Johnson was walking down the street like any normal day. He smiled as he thought of his next job when suddenly purple magic covered him. He didn’t have time to react before he was pulled in the air, onto the roof of a building, in front of Princess Midnight.

“AH! I… I… I didn’t do anything wrong since the day I left prison! I swear!” he shouted while trying to escape from her magic.

“Where is Octomare?” Midnight asked.

“Octowho? I’m sorry, I don’t know who that is. Can you release me now?” he asked politely. Midnight smiled.

“You want me to release you? I don’t mind if it’s what you want, but you should be careful,” she answered, the crook looked below him and saw that the ground was far from his hooves. Oh right, Midnight was on a roof!

“Well, now that you mention it, I might know that name. She’s in one of her abandoned labs on 13th avenue,” he said in a scared tone. Princess Midnight dropped him safely on the roof and flew away.

***

Princess Midnight, aka Twilight Sparkle, arrived at the top of a building on 13th avenue and looked around. It was almost night, so there weren’t many ponies. She looked carefully and saw somepony sneaking suspiciously into a small building. She narrowed her eyes.

***

At Octomare’s former lab, the villainous mare looked triumphantly at what she had built. It was a machine that could enhance her strength, speed, and agility to new levels. With this associated with her bionic arms, she’d be invincible, she’d rule this city and everypony would see the genius she is!

“Now, my minions, be ready to see what true power is! Soon, we’ll be respected and feared!” she shouted as her lackeys acclaimed her. Suddenly, the wall exploded, revealing Princess Midnight. “You again?! You still haven’t learned your lesson yet!?” Octomare exclaimed. “Kill her!” she shouted to her minions.

They began shooting at Princess Midnight, but she dodged every bullet and hit the lackeys who fell one by one. Midnight avoided the hit of a pegasus and used her magic to throw him at another. One of the unicorns used her magic to levitate some chemical components, seemingly acid. She threw them at the heroine, however, Midnight dodged and hit her with her foreleg, knocking her out.

“You idiots!” Octomare groaned when she saw that there was only one lackey left. She began walking to Midnight. “Out of my way!” she said in annoyance as she threw her last lackey at the wall. “Princess Midnight, you lost the previous time, what makes you think you’ll win now?”

“Because now I won’t make the same mistakes,” she answered as she flew to Octomare.

The villain used two bionic arms to try to hit Midnight, but the heroine hit them, pushing them aside, continuing to fly in Octomare’s direction. Octomare, who was still maintained in the air by two arms planted on the ground, didn’t have other choice than to protect herself with the two remaining arms. She crossed them to use them as a shield. However, Midnight didn’t attack the main body, she attacked one of the arms planted on the ground, pushing it back. It surprised Octomare so much that she lost her equilibrium and fell on her hooves. She groaned as the two first arms she used came back.

She tried to attack Midnight again with two arms, but the heroine grabbed four iron bars she found on the ground in her magic and used them to attach the two arms together. Octomare tried to break the iron, but it was harder than she thought, and she’d need to use two other arms. Midnight saw the two arms trying to detach the attached one and flew to Octomare. The villain groaned and tried to hit Midnight with her last arms. However, Midnight hammered the first one into the ground with her hindleg and grabbed the last one with her forelegs. She still had one weapon. Her horn glowed and Octomare gasped, seeing she didn’t have any shield now.

“Wait!” she shouted as Midnight shot a magic beam right on her chest. Octomare coughed blood and fell on the ground. Midnight dropped the inanimate arm.

“When I fought you the first time, I was too focused on attacking your body that I forgot those arms of yours. I thought of them as guns, and bullets never touched me. This was my mistake, but now I won because I understood they were my real enemies. I had to get rid of them first to stop you,” Midnight explained even as she knew that Octomare was already unconscious. Midnight turned around and shot a magic beam at Octomare’s machine, destroying it for good. “I’ll call the police, they’ll know what to do with you.”

***

“Twilight! You came back! Where were you!? It’s night!” Night Light exclaimed to Twilight, who entered in the apartment. “Are you alright? You seem a little exhausted.” Twilight smiled and looked at Velvet, who smiled back.

“I’m fine. I had to fix one of my mistakes, and I think I’ll continue to accept any challenge, without stopping.”

Author's Note:

I hope you liked the fisrt chapter, tell me what do you think (except for the grammar I already know that it's not perfect and I am currently searching a proofreader)