• Published 4th May 2018
  • 1,699 Views, 9 Comments

The Alicorn Who Was Never Meant To Be - WildWPony



What if a human got pulled into Equestria by an evil mare bent on using him, after erasing his memories, to take over Equestria?

  • ...
6
 9
 1,699

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

“There now,” Fluttershy says to Rainbow, “breakfast is almost done. Could you wake him please?”

Rainbow Dash grins, “My pleasure.”

He was blissfully asleep when suddenly he feels his back a little cold so he squirms to try and get the blanket with his wing as it feels around for it, then suddenly he hears, “Oh no you don’t.” Then suddenly he feels himself being flung up in the air doing a couple of barrel rolls as the blanket under him got yanked out of place. He can’t help but yelp then give out an oomph as he hits the floor. He stands up and stretches with a “why me?”

“He’s up Fluttershy.”

“Oh thank you,” she says softly with a little humming of song, “breakfast is ready Wrench Heart.

“Well, thank you,” he says walking up to the table, “How do you two feel this morning?”

“I feel wonderful,” Fluttershy speaks up first, “that was the best night sleep I have ever had.” She comes over and gives him a peck on the cheek, “Thanks to you.” Then goes back to laying breakfast on the table.

He can’t help but blush, “You’re welcome.” Then looks to Rainbow, “Do you always have to be so rough?”

“Sure I do.” Rainbow laughs then quickly finishes her breakfast, “Got to run you guys. Lots of cloud busting today because of the storm last night. See you.” In a trail of rainbow color she was gone out the door.

“Always on the run,” Fluttershy says happily, “Isn’t this morning the morning Twilight is going to pick you up for magic training?”

“Yeah,” he nods to her taking his time with breakfast, “If it’s ok that is. More than likely she probably asked the princesses for permission I’ll bet.”

Back at Twilight’s Castle Spike has just woken up and is on his way to see what twilight is up to before starting his chores. He immediately heads to the library and sure enough there she was sitting on a pile of books, “Hey Twilight.”

“Oh hey Spike, sleep well?”

As he approached her he was about to answer but belched up a letter instead.

“Do I take that as a yes then?” Twilight couldn’t help but giggle.

“Ha, ha,” Spike said, “At least she let me wake up first this time.” Spike hands her the letter.

Twilight takes the letter by magic and opens it up to read.

“What’s it say?”

“She’s giving me permission to train him,” Twilight says in surprise.

“Wow, surprising actually, I thought for sure she would say no.”

“So did I Spike, but even given what we know there’s really no way to tell what will happen. We know that it was black magic which brought him here, but that doesn’t mean the pony himself is evil. I’m inclined to agree with what Fluttershy said I don’t think that Wrench Heart, or his human part anyway, is evil. I think he’s good that has been a victim of evil intent. Going with this line of thinking and reasoning it would actually be prudent to teach him, if none other than to get an idea of what kind of magic we are in fact dealing with.”

“So I guess you’re going to teach him then?”

“Yeah,” she says a little bit surprised, “I guess I am. Ok I better go get him.”

“I guess I’ll start my chores.”

She teleports herself from the castle to the road leading to Fluttershy’s cottage then sees Rainbow in the distance coming to her, “Hi Rainbow,” Twilight says as she flies by, “Bye Rainbow.”

“See you Twilight,” Rainbow says flying by.

Twilight knocks on the door then opens the door slowly, “Fluttershy? Wrench Heart?”

“Over here Twilight,” Fluttershy says from the table as they finish their breakfast.

Twilight walks in and up to Heart, “You ready?”

He looks to her surprised, “You mean you’re really going to train me?”

“Yeah I am.”

He looks to Fluttershy with excitement and with a little worry as Fluttershy gives out a soft, “Yay. You go on Heart I have a busy day ahead.”

“You sure?” he asks a part of him just wants to stay with her.

“Yes,” Fluttershy encourages, “I’ll be just fine you go on now.”

“Well, ok then,” he says then turns to Twilight, “Ok I guess I’m ready then.”

“Good,” Twilight says, “Now hold still.”

“Huh?” he asked wondering what she has in mind and in the span of a second he was engulfed in purple magic and now standing in the room of a castle, but a different one.

“Where are we Twilight?”

“This is my castle in Ponyville,” she says as she starts to secure the room.

He notices the preparations that she is making, “I think I finally understand why I was in the room I was when I first woke up. They were dealing with an unknown.”

“Yes,” Twilight says, “We are dealing with black magic here. We have to know what we are dealing with.”

“I’m scared Twilight, not for me but for my friends. I don’t care what happens to me as long as everypony is safe.”

“I know. You’re a good pony who got pulled into a very bad situation with no memory. I can’t imagine how you feel, but I want you to know that we are on your side now, as your friends.”

A tear falling from one eye with a small smile is all he can say to her.

Twilight smiles a little, “You ready?”

He takes a deep breath to settle himself, “I think so.”

“Ok,” Twilight says starting the first lesson, “the first thing is to tap into your own energy once that is done then we can concentrate on focusing it through your horn.”

“Right.”

“First let’s concentrate on tapping into your own energy. Close your eyes, empty your mind of all worries and thoughts and focus on finding your energy deep inside you.”

He does as she suggests and tries to empty his mind and focuses. Emptying his mind of worries was a little difficult to say the least but he was able to quieten his mind. Deep down he feels some power, so he concentrates on it and wonders what kind of power it is. He opens himself up to it and feels it flooding him.

“Good, really good,” she says as she sees his horn begin to start glowing, “Now focus on the level. Keep it low and steady.

Trying what she says, he attempts to control it at a low level where it wouldn’t do any harm.

She sees his horn glow softly but the glow is dark but she still continues knowing that she has to know, “Good good, now let’s up the power.”

Listening to her with his mind focused on the energy as the power increases he begins to hear something soft, dark and ominous. “The connection,” the voice came. Barely audible at first then grows louder as he increases the power, “The connection has been made.” The dark voice laughs and flashes a symbol in his mind.

“No,” he nearly shouts seeing the symbol in his mind and stops the whole thing breaking his concentration.

“What? What happened?”

“I saw something,” he says calming down, “A symbol of sorts.” He describes it for her.

She thinks for a minute, “I don’t know it right off hand, but I think I might know who would.”

Soon they find themselves in front of Zecora’s place in the Everfree Forest and they knock first then steps in once Zecora says so.

“Hello Twilight, why look so dowa, what brings you to me at this houra?”

“Well Zecora,” Twilight starts as she sits beside her table, “This is Wrench Heart.” Twilight tells her the whole tale, “I was teaching him about how to tap into your own energy for the start at magic learning. Then when he increased the power level he heard and saw something.”

He nods, “The voice wars dark saying that the connection has been completed and I saw this symbol.” Drawing it for her on the soft ground before her, “Do you happen to know of it?”

Zecora looks at it intently then her eyes widen in surprise and horror, “No, it cannot be so, she was supposed to be destroyed long ago.”

“I guess you know of it then,” he mutters sullenly, “Well at least we’ll get some answers.”

“From my land far from here, it was so long ago so lend me your ear. A dark tale I will tell, so sit right there and listen well. Her name was Dark Aurora and of my land she did enslave, a dark zebra caused so much horra, it took all of us for our land to save. A trap we did set when the time was right and captured her there at last sunlight. Into an orb she did went until all of our energy we did spent. Now she is here as you do say, let us fight her so she will not stay, I vow to fight by your side, so let us lower our pride. Work together let us cause her unrest, so let this last fight be her last breath.” Her anger toward Dark Aurora becomes evident upon her last few rhymes as they see a hatred toward this dark zebra like they have never seen before. They also see the dying devotion and love that she has toward her friends here in Equestria.

Zecora then looks to Heart, “Only a matter of time for she is gaining powa, to overcome you in the last houra.”

He sighs sullenly, “How come I knew you were going to say that?”

“How long will it be ‘till she takes him over?”

“Hard to tell so let us pray that only he can say,” Zecora says looking at him.

He nods looking between the girls, “Not long I’m afraid, I can already feel her power rising.”

“Then give Fluttershy this for she will know when to use it.” Zecora takes out what looks to be an amulet of sorts hanging from a type of chain. The amulet itself is like crystal of pure white hanging from a golden chain.

Twilight takes the amulet and puts it in her small pouch until she can give it to Fluttershy. She doesn’t know why Zecora wants to give it to Fluttershy, but she trusts Zecora.

“Thank you Zecora,” Twilight says as they exit Zecora’s and head for the town out of the forest. Twilight gets ready for the teleportation then hears Heart speak up.

“Twilight, let’s walk awhile.”

“Ok, I’m listening,” Twilight says knowing the real reason why he wants to walk.

He smiles, “You know me already. Its…just…I…” he takes a breath, “I don’t want anyone to suffer because of me and yet I know that me being taken over is inevitable. Maybe it’s for the best that…,” his voice trails off at the end.

“NO,” Twilight says immediate looking him sternly in the eyes, “We won’t let you do that.”

“Why not?” he retorts, “It’s better all the way around because it can be killed easily before she has a chance to take me over and causing any damage.”

“Didn’t you hear Zecora? Even through all of her hatred for this Aurora that option didn’t even enter into her mind, now why do you think that is?”

He just looks to her with emotions running through him like an out of control river heading toward a waterfall.

“Because,” Twilight continues, “it’s just not an option.”

“Well, it should be.”

“Are you really that selfish?”

He looks to her in surprise, “Selfish how is that being selfish? I want to save my friends from something evil and who knows maybe all of Equestria itself and I’m being selfish?”

“Yes, you are.”

“How?”

“Because you would rather run away from this fight, end it before it starts because you fear you won’t have the strength to defeat it. You’re selfish by thinking that you and only you can defeat this and you think that you can’t. You’re wrong about that too, because we are your friends and friends will never let another friend do that. Together we can defeat this and live to tell about it.”

He stands there not knowing what to say just looking to her defeated.

Twilight comes up to him and touches him on his shoulder with one hoof, “Now come on and we will go see Fluttershy ok?”

He nods, “Ok.”