• Published 4th May 2018
  • 1,699 Views, 9 Comments

The Alicorn Who Was Never Meant To Be - WildWPony



What if a human got pulled into Equestria by an evil mare bent on using him, after erasing his memories, to take over Equestria?

  • ...
6
 9
 1,699

Epilogue

Epilogue

Wrenchy was walking, slowly and a little painfully but walking. He didn’t care though, he was the luckiest pony to ever live. They were on their way to Twilight’s castle taking it slow and just enjoying the beautiful day as they walked it together.

“So that is a ‘walking cast’?” Fluttershy asks

“Yeah,” He says, “it’s an invention from the human world. When I put my weight on the cast it is strong enough to hold my weight so I can walk while still keeping the leg immobilized to heal. This way I don’t have to worry about crutches.”

“That’s smart considering you can’t fly until your ribs heal enough for sustained flight.”

“I’ll get there my love. I’ll get there. I’ve done all I could do from the bed.”

“You’re not going to tell me are you?” Fluttershy asked, again.

“Nope,” smiles loving that he can tease her, “no, my present will be just before our dance and it won’t be a secret if I tell you now would it?”

She just laughs and shakes her head.

For the next month the wedding preparations were under full swing. The doctor said his chest would be healed enough for a dance in the air for just long enough for his song to complete. In order for his plan for the wedding to work many things had to be in place. Over the next month he spend his time planning for it, looking over how the garden was coming along, which was just beautiful.

The same roles the girls for the wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence they had here. Flowers bloomed all around the castle garden just perfect for the wedding, his preparations for his present was made and set, but the hardest was having the band learn the song that he wanted. All was set and ready.

Princess Luna had raised the moon just right as the light of the moon was shining down the aisle that Fluttershy would take to be at his side. On each side of the isle the candles were lit and special flowers that only bloomed in the moonlight spread their pedals wide in full bloom.

By his side as his best was Discord and Spike with Discord actually standing proudly in a tuxedo of all things. They had an agreement between them. He didn’t break her heart and Discord wouldn’t turn him into an ameba and toss him into another dimension. It was fair to him he thought.

The bridesmaids of Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie came up to stand at their positions. Then came the three Crusaders in their pretty little dresses passing out the flowers on the red carpet. His heart skips as the birds start singing for Fluttershy’s cue and she starts down the aisle.

How beautiful of an image did she have as aisle by aisle the crowd turned to her and stood. Then silence falls as she takes her place beside him then they turn to face Princess Celestia.

“Mares and Gentleponies, we are gathered here today to marry Fluttershy and Wrench Heart in marriage. Fluttershy, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack have taught us many lessons in the magic of friendship. Some of the best lessons come out of their recent experience. When to trust others, to stand by those who are suffering and if need be suffer with them, and the courage to do what is right. But what I may ask is the base of friendship? What makes it so powerful? Love and there are two kinds. First is the kind which binds true friends together as those up here tonight. Second is the deeper love which we wed here tonight between these two.

Do you, Wrench Heart take Fluttershy as your beloved mare?”

“I do.”

“Do you Fluttershy take Wrench Heart to be your beloved stallion?”

“I do.”

“The rings please.”

Discord presented the rings and she placed them around their necks, the rings are on chains.

“It is my privilege and honor to now pronounce you mare and stallion.”

Cheers all around as Fluttershy and Wrench Heart go down the aisle heading for the dance area where the refreshments are, but he had a surprise. Philomena flies up and lands on his back riding him down the aisle to the reception area.

The reception area was beautiful. A wide open area that had a flowery hedge around it in a circle with four openings evenly spaced. In front of the hedges were lanterns on posts with a special glass that is like a prism. In the center was the dance floor. A rather good size with a floor of marble polished to perfection. Above the dance floor was five lanterns spread out like the five dots on dice with the same prism glass.

Soon everyone came and he ushered Fluttershy where he wanted her in the middle of the dance floor, “Now stay here love.”

“Is this it?”

“Yeah, you will love it trust me,” he says leaving her there walking over close to where they entered, then looking at the crowd as they finish gathering, “Can I have your attention please? I know that this might be a bit unusual, but I can’t help but say a few things then present a song to my beautiful beloved.”

Philomena got down from his back and onto the garden ground. She was in her molting stage and a lot of the feathers were gone. Celestia still couldn’t understand why he said that it was perfect timing but he knew she would understand very shortly.

When he knew he had everyone’s attention he began, “When I was in the human world my life was kind of dull and predictable. I had a career and money everything they said that I should be happy, but I was empty inside.” Philomena walks around molting a feather by feather as he speaks, “Then one day I was brought here by evil magic.” Philomena squawks slightly and lays down, “Not knowing who I was, what I was or where I was I didn’t know what to do.” Philomena walks around as if dazed, “Then I met Fluttershy and her friends and they set me on the path which has lead me to this night. That path was a difficult one though.” Philomena seems to walk as if under strain, “The final fight was hard but at the end we defeated the evil but at a terrible cost and it was as if our lives turned to ashes.”

Philomena pretends to fight something then bursts into flames turning to ashes, “We have a saying in the human world. Love will always find a way.” He lowers his head to Philomena’s ashes, “You know what is so beautiful about the love behind friendship? It’s when all things are dark and gloomy and it seems all is lost. All it takes is a single spark.” Philomena’s ashes puts out a single candle flame, “The smallest of flames appear. Though small in size it has the power to grow, so when it is fanned,” he raises up and lifting up on hoof in the air and Philomena bursts out of the ashes burning brightly lighting up the area, “it burns bright giving hope to those who need it.” He keeps his good hoof extended, as the other is still in the cast, and Philomena lands there, “Tonight under this beautiful moon thanks to our own Princess Luna I present to you my song of devotion to my beautiful beloved.” Philomena flies to the lantern above Fluttershy and ignites a fire above it so different colored lights shine upon her. Not brightly but dim accents then flies over to the band as their cue to start playing. Landing next to Celestia as her duty ends.

Walking up to Fluttershy he whispers, “Just like we practiced and just follow my lead.”

“I will follow you anywhere my wild stallion.”

As the music begins the waltz they flap their wings in time with the beat and Wrench Heart’s baritone voice fills the area. Even though the song “Oh How We Danced” was meant for future weddings, in this world they didn’t know that. So, he changed it from past tense to present tense. Loving the song so much and it just seemed to fit perfectly here, plus it gives Fluttershy the surprise of hearing him sing. In the human world he was in a choir since he was a boy so singing comes naturally to him.

“Oh, how we dance on the night we are wed

We vow our true love, though a word isn’t said

The world is in bloom, there are stars in the skies

Except for the few that are there in your eyes”

As they dance in time with the music and his voice singing in joy and love, Celestia leans near her nephew and whispers, “If you don’t learn something from this I will send you to the moon.”

Her nephew seems to gulp as Luna leans over and whispers, “It’s no fun, trust me.”

“Dear, as I hold you so close in my arms

The birds are singing a hymn to your charms.”

During this portion he plans their dance so the pass by her birds and waves one hoof as cue for them to tweet in time with the music.

“Two hearts gently beating, are murmuring low

‘My Darling, I love you so”

There isn’t a dry eye in the garden as he starts the second verse and for the first time that anyone could remember, Vinyl Scratch takes off her headphones.

“The night seems to fade into blossoming dawn

The sun shines anew but our dance lingers on

Could-we always live this sweet moment sublime

We’d find that our love is unaltered by time.

Dear, as I hold you so close in my arms

The birds are singing a hymn to your charms

Two heart gently beating, are murmuring low”

He slowly lowers them to the ground and takes her head in his one good hoof, “My Darling, I love you so.”

He almost lost it when he sees a quite a few married stallions get a hoof to their ribs, but he maintains complete composure and bows to his beloved.

Her heart just can’t seem to contain how she feels and gives him a long big kiss.

Clapping of hooves together and the sniffles of the crying is heard as the first song comes to an end. A crowd just starts to form on the dance floor as the second dance begins.

“I think Discord asked for the second dance,” he says turning as Discord appears tuxedo and all letting him dance with Fluttershy. Then he turns and sees little Sweetie Belle the first in line for the groom for the second dance. He bows to the little filly and enjoys his second as the music begins again, but with a different tune of course.

For the upbeat portion Fluttershy asked Shining armor, Cadence, and Twilight if they could sing the same song for her wedding. Cadence said it would be alright and nods to Scratch as she starts the music. Fluttershy and the others happy to hear Twilight sing that song again as Wrench Heart enjoys hearing it for the first time.

As the party and dancing went on everyone was having fun between dancing and the food. He actually had a couple of minutes with Luna and Celestia. “Thank you Princes Luna for such a lovely night, it worked out perfectly and thank you for all your help through this.”

“You’re welcome Wrench Heart.”

Philomena flies over landing on his back near his head and uses her beak to nuzzle him.

“Thank you so much Philomena, you were just beautiful tonight.”

“I think she had a good time doing it,” Celestia laughs softly.

Philomena coos in agreement.

“Well I heard that she had a penchant for being mischievous so I’d figure to put it to good use.”

Soon came the time to throw the bouquet and leave for the night. Wrenchy and Fluttershy stood by the carriage while Twilight and the others came up to them giving hugs.

“I can’t thank you all enough,” he said to them, “All of you have given me so much.”

“Oh you are quite welcome darling,” Rarity says with a few tears in her eyes, “now go and have a good time.”

“Not too much though,” Applejack pipes up, “I’ll need your help in the field when you get back.”

“Oh I don’t know Applejack,” Fluttershy looks to him with a girlish grin, “I think he might be too tired.”

The girls couldn’t help but laugh and hoot with Applejack hitting Wrenchy playfully with her hat seeing him blush. With that Fluttershy throws the bouquet, girls were stumbling over themselves trying to get it. As it nears the group from the center of the crowd suddenly Scootaloo appears flying upward and catching it then landing beside Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom. “It worked Crusaders.” They give themselves hoof bumps and cheers.

Taking one last look back they enter the carriage, close the door for a great honeymoon to return to a bright future in Ponyville exploring their love and the magic of friendship.

The End

Author's Note:

If you readers have gotten this far I first want to say thank you for taking the time to read my story. And I hope that you enjoyed it. I will try my best not to post incomplete stories, which means there will be a large span of time between story posts.

As always, comment please and let me know what you think.

Comments ( 8 )

Random guy pulled into Equestria by an unknown force because reasons? That's been done to death at this point.

Also, welcome to Fimfiction.

8904763
TheMajorTechie thank you for the invite. And you are also correct that it's a cliche now but when I wrote this it was right after I got into the show and started reading fanfiction. I've learned so much since then so I haven't relied so much on this particular cliche since.

Comment posted by prince mi amore mystic deleted May 7th, 2018

@Admiral Q: I never said that it was good. I said it was my first. We all have to start somewhere. I'm growing as a writer and the stories I'm working on now are much better. And you are right that it doesn't make sense. I've learned that stories usually follow a semblance of step by step logical progression. Just remember that even the greatest writers in literature started out with bad stories. Peace be to you.

i hope you plan for a sequel

>>Oddmin
Wasn't planning on it, but that doesn't mean I can't write one either. I might, but I've already got a couple of stories already going on.

8910526
Actually, literally all the amnesiac fics I've found on this site has them going out into the world

Login or register to comment