• Published 3rd May 2018
  • 1,063 Views, 71 Comments

The Armada Trilogy II: Beautiful Eyes - TheMysteryMuffin



In the sequel to The Lieutenant, Tempest Shadow goes back to her home town along with Twilight and Celestia. But while on their incredible journey, they come across dark forces outside of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 71
 1,063

Chapter 02

Meanwhile

"Please, madam, could you hold still for just a moment?! I can't adjust the size of your dress if you keep moving around. You have nothing to worry about, for Celestia's sake!"

A maid was busy inside Tempest Shadow's room trying to get her ready for her visit to Princess Celestia's private quarters for a, now rather late, breakfast, along with some other important guests. This would have been easier, however, if Tempest hadn't woken up so late after suffering from yet another nightmare and having to suffer from a thin body from years of being a hentchpony to the wicked Storm King for the past fourteen years of her life, she struggled to find any clothes to wear that would fit her size. It came to the decision that Tempest would have to wear what looked like, strangely and perhaps awkwardly, a onesie that she could at last fit her. It was, in fact, a very small dress that tightly wrapped itself around the body of the mare wearing it and was connected by a line of three pink buttons just underneath Tempest's neck. It was a pale colour, with a faded pattern of silver ivy that stretched around her legs and looked like a third set of veins travelling around her body.

Since the day before she invaded Canterlot, Tempest hadn't cut or snipped away her mane or tail, allowing it to grow into very long lengths. Her mane was now touching her shoulders and was hanging down the left side of her face, exposing the scar over right eye (which she got from the attack from the Ursa back in her home village) and hanging as low as her knees. At the back of her head, the remainder of Tempest's mane was tied up in a ponytail and was left to hang backwards towards her rump. Her face had also been washed up and cleaned through, with recent battle scars now looking as pale as her large one over her eye. Tempest had also had an operation on her neck and in front of her body, where surgeons had stitched up large cuts that went from the tip of her chest all the way up to her chin. She almost looked like a zombie out of a Gothic fictional novel, apart from that now her eyes had more colour in them, especially the one that had been damaged from the claw of the Ursa.

Tempest had been invited two weeks earlier before the event, after staying quiet for a few months inside her flat in Canterlot away from any ponies who were willing to ask her many questions for the newspapers that were published all across Equestria. She was still seen as not a very popular pony in Canterlot, with lots of the residents giving her a deadly stare back whenever they saw her walking around the city with either Princess Twilight Sparkle or Princess Celestia, usually for a shopping trip or showing her the attractions around Canterlot (after all, Tempest wasn't born in Equestria, so it was like visiting another country to her). Her privacy wasn't as good as perhaps Twilight's privacy was, or even anypony else's as a matter of fact.

"The dress is too tight!" Tempest complained, "You're hurting me!"

The maid suddenly jumped back in shock at Tempest's aggressive behaviour towards her. She suddenly let go of the thread that she was levitating in the air, using her magic, and the dress slumped comfortably towards the floor and rested on Tempest's shoulders. Feeling sorry for herself, the maid quickly grabbed hold of the two pieces of threads and continued tightening them.

"Sorry, miss. It's just that this was the only dress that I could find that was your size," the maid apologised, "you're very thin for your age. Whatever did that Storm King do to you, I wonder! You need to gain some weight, miss."

Tempest took that comment as an offence instead of friendly advice.

"I was a strong and faithful warrior to the almighty Storm King! I have been trained to have a thin body, but to also be strong enough to fight! Why would I exactly go on a diet? My weight is perfectly fine, thank you very much! All the hentchponies were stallions and teenage colts; I was the only mare training alongside the Storm King. Ow!"

The maid quickly tugged again at the threads on Tempest's dress, making her yelp in slight pain and frustration. Eventually, though, the maid finished on Tempest's dress and stood back to see her from a distance.

"You look fabulous! And you smell much better than when you arrived in Canterlot! Ugh! I remember how all of you smelt; petrol, gas, leftover food, rotting flesh-"

"Yes, thank you!" Tempest interrupted, "I don't need a reminder on how I stank!"

The maid held her tongue back from talking any more about the subject. She then trotted slowly back to Tempest and made her turn to face a large rectangular mirror, in which Tempest saw her own reflection and was surprised on how she looked much prettier than she did months ago when she invaded Canterlot along with the Armada. The sleep under her sunken eyes and the horrid scars across her eye, lips and partially her whole face, had turned a pale white and looked swollen and infected. Tempest had felt that she couldn't stand looking at herself any longer and quickly turned away from the mirror and looked back down at her pale dress.

"There!" the maid said, "All done. Now, you said that you were meeting with Princess Celestia and the other princesses?"

Tempest frowned in the mirror and groaned like a spoilt teenager.

"Yes, I was. Can you get Grubber, please? I've just realised that we've missed breakfast."

Author's Note:

Short chapter, but better than nothing, eh?

I promise you though, the next chapter will be longer and will involve more action in it. Apologises for the late release; I am still revising for exams. I have completed one and I need to do two more after half term. Thanks for understanding and have a peaceful day.

Have some Bond to keep you entertained: