• Published 15th Jun 2018
  • 597 Views, 9 Comments

Midnight Doctor - Lotus Moon



You go in for your annual checkup. And you get a new face taking care of you

  • ...
2
 9
 597

Midnight Doctor

You walked into the hospital, looking around at the various pieces of furniture that you had seen for years now. You weren't sick or anything, just going in for your yearly checkup, so you felt alright stepping into the strangely scented building. You went up to the counter to see the familiar Nurse Redheart typing on the computer. You tap the counter a few times till she finally noticed you.

“Do you have an appointment today?” Redheart asked, pausing the computer work to look at you. She wore her regular nurse outfit, covering her slim yet still beautiful body from view. You turned to look into her eyes and smiled.

“Yes, I'm just coming in for my yearly checkup is all. It should be on the schedule.” Redheart nodded and turned back to the computer. After typing out a few things she gave you a smile and pointed towards the doors leading to the waiting rooms.

“Just head to the waiting room and the doctor will get to you.” You nod your head and made your way to the doors. Before you could go through them, however, Redheart quickly called out to you, making you spin around to look at the pony.

“I almost forget to tell you. Your normal doctor is out today on a special home call. Since this is just your normal check-up, we have a new doctor helping you out today. I hope that isn't going to be a problem.”

“Nah, it's fine. As long as they do the job I don't mind a new doctor.” Redheart nodded and went back to typing on the computer. You make your way through the doors and head to the good waiting room. Inside, you saw a small filly playing with the toys on the table, a mother watching close by. You sat on the opposite couch and began to play on your phone while you wait.

Eventually, a nurse came into the room and called your name, and you followed her to the hospital room. You sat on the all too familiar seat and waited for the doctor to come. As you waited, you wondered how new of a doctor this was, and whether or not it would take a while to finish.

Soon enough, the new doctor came into the room, and you knew this was going to be a weird visit. The mare was quite short, perhaps just coming out of college judging by her frame. She wore a pair of pink reading glasses which she used to read over the papers. The clip-clop of heels could be heard, and even with them on she was still several inches shorter than you. She brushed aside her black and blue mane and looked at you with a soft smile.

“Umm, hi there. My name is Midnight Affections, but you can call me Midnight.”

“Why's that, afraid I may be hitting on on you if I call you Doctor Affections?” you jokingly stated, making the mare blush slightly. She turned back to the papers in her hands and began to read through them again as if she didn't know the info already.

“Just Midnight will do. Please forgive me if I'm a bit nervous, I've only recently graduated to this position, so you'll be my first assignment.”

“No problem Midnight, we all have our first day on the job, I'm just glad I could have it with you.” Midnight placed the paperwork onto the counter nearby and began to wash her hands. As she did so, you couldn't help but notice her tail sticking out of the small skirt she was wearing. You always wondered why ponies don't cut holes in their clothes so they could wear proper bottoms, but that was neither here nor there.

When she finished, she placed the plastic gloves onto her small hands and put on the stethoscope. Nodding, you began to take deep breaths as she checked your heartbeat.

“By the way, what else do you do outside of this? I imagine someone like yourself would do more than just this for a career.” She placed the item back onto the table near her and picked up the object used to check your ears.

“Ohh, you wouldn't be interested in what I do. I have a lot to show between my career and this, so I doubt you'd be interested.”

“It's not like I'll see you much more. I would be interested to hear what you do.” You stifled a laugh as you saw her struggle to reach your ears. You bend over slightly, making the mare huff in annoyance.

“Well, if you must know, I work as a YouTuber in my spare time. Though the content I work with isn't requested much. So, I've had to take this to fill my life till I can get a real request.”

“And what do you make? Clothes videos?”

“ASMR. On a channel about reading stuff. So yeah, not very active. Now, come with me and we can get your measurements.” She motioned to the door and you followed her down the hall. You see the small scale and measuring tool on the wall. When you get there, you slip off your shoes and step onto the scale, Midnight taking the measurement down on the paper.

When it came to measuring your height, however, you noticed a problem right away. Midnight grabbed the small tool and raised it up to your height. She had to leap up slightly to get to her actual height. You chuckled and moved the device onto your head, Midnight lifting her head to try and see the measurement.

“Should I get you a stepping stool?” You ask jokingly. Her nose scrunched up in that cute way mares do, and she quickly stepped down the hall. She returned once again with the stool she had used earlier and stepped onto it to see your measurements. Finally, she motioned for you to return to the room, which you did while she went to the bathroom to return the stool.

Sitting back in the room, you put your shoes back on and wait for Midnight. She comes into the room and begins flipping through the papers, checking to make sure that all the info is accurate. She nods and turns to the last page on the clipboard, looking down on it through her reading glasses.

“Alright, one more thing before you go. Any changes to your medication since your last visit?” You shake your head no and she writes down the info, nodding in satisfaction.

“Well, that does it for your visit. You are free to head out. Enjoy the rest of your day.”

“Enjoy your day too Midnight and good luck on the career.” With that, you head to the front counter and pay nurse red heart for the visit. You walked out of the hospital wondering if you'll ever see her again.

Comments ( 9 )

9020388
You're welcome, keep up the good work!

Comment posted by SaltWriter the leviapony deleted Jul 11th, 2018

This is exactly what I wanted when I looked for ASMR a nice simple checkup ASMR, thank you!

I think you did good with this, if you ever were to write a story like this with a male character i would do an asmr narration of it if you would like.

Login or register to comment