• Published 4th May 2018
  • 15,113 Views, 367 Comments

In the land of Twilight, under the Moon - Snow Moon



Twilight Sparkle was dying because of the magic flare but the one the came to her rescue was not Celestia...

  • ...
43
 367
 15,113

Hide and Seek part2(unedited)

Hide and Seek part2

"I'm going to need more popcorn..." John de Lancie Discord


Luna reached the exit of the cave, a frozen chill took over her. Once outside she found herself admiring an incredible winter night, with beautiful glimmering fields of white snow. As far as she could see snow covered the land, in the distance a big and majestic city glimmering under the stars as if made out of silver. She could see a castle rising right in the middle of the city, with high walls of silver color, gorgeous details engraved into the walls and even bigger towers. Just the castle would make the whole city of Canterlot look like a mockery of a capital.

Taking flight she took a better look to where Discord took her, the place looked magical and full of a mystery beauty. She thought it was a land far from where Equestria was located, but when she took a look at the star sky, she discovered the sight of something she remembered quite well, the world of Equus. The horrible memory of the view she last saw, just before being sealed for a thousand years.

“Impossible,” murmured Luna, looking with fright at Equus right in the beautiful night sky. This would mean that the city and the winter fields were on her moon, but still she couldn't process how it was possible.


Back in Canterlot, Shining Armor took care of dealing with public order and the nobles, he hoped Sunset and the others would rescue the Princesses and seal Discord again. Due to the chaos spreading through the land many ponies were under the rule of fear, the royal guard and military of Equestria were working overtime dealing with many situations all over the place. The allied nations of Equestria were on high alert after words arrived about Discord’s escape.

In Abyssinia, the Queen was the first one to get news of Discord escape and the disappearance of the Princesses. A high alert was cast all over their land, and the King started to prepare their army, both the Queen and King knew what Discord was capable of, they couldn't take their changes, especially now that their most important piece was out of the game. The situation back on Hippogriffia wasn't that much different, Princess Skystar was traveling from Canterlot, she needed the assistant of her mother Queen Novo to request Twilight and the Princesses. Moonflower was the only one that accompanied her, Tempest and Zipzee took command of the still not ready night guard and started the search for Discord in order to rescue the princesses.


Sunset and her friends took the initiative to find the Elements, they traveled inside the Everfree forest. If Discord's clue was real then the best option for them was to find Zecora and get the potion. For the first time in her life Sunset was really scared, not only was her dear princess and mentor taken, but also her sister and dear friend. The idea of a being, so powerful that could play with the alicorns as toys made her feel uneasy, and brought doubt to her mind of her own abilities.

As they walked, the already chaotic forest was even more alive, many crazy plants were making it harder to travel around the forest than normal. It took them a few hours just to find Zecora’s hut. Luckily for them she was still inside getting ready to leave as the forest was getting more dangerous even for her. Sunset explained Zecora of what was happening on Equestria and the reason they were looking for her help. Zecora did have the potion, looking inside her shelves she took a pink potion, but she explained it was a special broth that needed the magic of an alicorn to be activated.

“What?!” Exclaimed Rainbow Dash, “after everything we went through the potion is useless without a Princess?!”

“Easy there sugarcube, remember that we got Sunset with us,” said Applejack placing her hoof over Rainbow Dash shoulder.

“Yeah! She is like the most powerful unicorn in existence,” reassured Pinkie Pie with a happy smile. Sunset responded frowning, she wasn't sure if her magic power could really activate the potion. Sighing she decided to take her chances, if there was a small probability that her magic was as powerful as she always boasted about, they would be close to defeating Discord. ‘Here goes nothing’ she thought as she concentrated all her magic power on her horn before firing it at the potion container. Soon the liquid turned from pink to white, which surprised many of the present ponies. Zecora inspected the potion and confirmed that it was ready to be used, with just a sip should be enough to get the answers they needed. Sunset took the potion and took a sip as instructed, immediately after her eyes turned white and her mind opened to a vision.


Upon drinking the potion, Sunset found herself witnessing the deadly battle between the Nightmare forces against Celestia’s. Hundreds of ponies fighting and killing each other, the use of magic and weapons, the cries, the agony and madness of the battlefield was too real. Together with the ponies under the Sun banner were many deer soldiers, which she didn't know of. She remembers reading about those times, but looking at it so vivid was just sick. The idea of ponies once friends and family end up killing each other was too wrong for the current Equestria. But all of the massacre was soon overshadowed by Nightmare Moon and Princess Celestia's final battle. Nightmare Moon attacked Celestia without care, her magic beams created more destruction and death than what was already happening around the castle. Celestia just had time to evade the attacks waiting for an opportunity to strike back. The sigh was horrifying and scarring, Sunset couldn't do anything but to close her eyes and wait for it to end. Soon she felt a warm light in front of her, she saw as Celestia took the Elements and with much sorrow used them against her sister and before she knew it she was staring at Zecora.

Taking a second sip from the potion Sunset was witnessing another moment of Equestrian history. This time, both princesses were confronting Discord for the first time and with the help of the elements turning him to stone, but that was all. Taking one final sip she was in front of a tree made out of crystal in the middle of a cave, the cutie mark of both princesses was carved on the tree trunk, and 5 beautiful gems were decorating the branches. “The Tree of Harmony” murmured Sunset, she took her time to confirm the location of the cave. As soon as she was done scouting the location, she saw as a young Celestia and Luna found the tree and took the six elements.

“Just imagine my surprise when I realized that ugly tree ended up ruining my fun for a thousand years...” a voice said just behind from where Sunset was standing. Making a quick turn she was face to face with Discord himself. “Oh you don’t need to put on such a face, I was just confirming who was the one that also entered this realm. I can see you ponies found my clue. You are welcome by the way.” said Discord putting on a smug face.

“Discord! Why are you here?!” exclaimed Sunset in a panic.

“Oh please, don't get me wrong. I was just in the neighborhood taking care of a couple of guests.” responded Discord griming at her.

“How is it even possible for you to be here? This should be inside of my mind!” started Sunset to confront Discord. “Are you telling me you have the power to enter somepony mind?”

“But of course, I AM Chaos after all.” responded Discord with pride as he got closer to her. “ You know, I wanted to have the chance to talk with you face to face for a while. I may actually have a nice proposition for you my dear Sunset Shimmer.” he said as his eyes started to glow and his smile got wider.

“There is nothing you could offer me that will change our mission of stopping you!” answered Sunset as she tried to not let Discord intimidate her. ‘I need to leave as soon as possible, before he does something’ thought Sunset while glaring at Discord.

“My dear, do you really think you can leave whenever you want? I’m the reason you are still inside this scene from the past in the first place,” said Discord proudly as his smile keeps on growing. “Once you hear my proposition I may let you return to your friends. Scout’s honor.” said as he did the sign with his claws. Sunset could only grid her teeth in anger unable to do much.

“Now, now. I’m sure Sunbutt thought you better. What I'm offering you is something you so much deserve, and for I can feel, so much desire for.” Discord started talking, appearing sitting in front of a desk wearing a suit and placing a briefcase on top of the table. ”The only thing I really want is a head start of two weeks, during this time you ponies cannot interfere with my fun, and I promise to return you dear princesses once the time is up. Quite easy, isn’t it.” he said so as he placed a contract in front of Sunset, who was dumbfounded after hearing Discord desires.

“You really think I will let you run free for 2 weeks with our princesses in your claws?!” responded angered Sunset while smashing the desk with her front hooves. “Who do you think I am!” continue to reproach him.

“The next alicorn Miss Princess Sunset Shimmer of course,” he responded with a small smile before making a mirror appear next to Sunset with a snap from his claws. As soon as she saw her reflection she gaped. Right there was her reflection but with wings and a crown on her head. “All this could be yours,” said Discord as he slides around her like a snake, placing his face closer to her ear,” all you have to do is sign the contract and let me have my two weeks.”


Twilight was enjoying all the information she was getting from the visions Discord prepared for her, currently she was alone as an Equestrian army was preparing to defend against the gryphons for the first time. As the battle started to get “bloodier” with a push doll Luna guiding her army against the enemy Discord reappeared next to her with a hoof mark on his left cheek. She didn't ask why the mark, and he didn't say anything about it either while both continued to see the massacre of push dolls.


A sour modded Sunset was guiding her friends to the location where the Tree was hidden, she didn't talk about what happened after meeting Discord, but she knew she made the right choice by rejecting his proposal and burning the contract. Even if it was true that he could turn her into an alicorn, she was going to achieve that dream with her own effort, beside hitting Discord was really comforting for her.

As they got closer to the castle of the Two Sisters, the sound of voices could be heard. The moment they crossed the bridge to the castle a group of deer in full armor appeared requesting them to stop. Everypony was on guard as they never saw deer on the Everfree before.

“What business do you ponies have in this location?” asked one of the soldiers.

“We are on an important mission,” responded Sunset as she stealthy cast a search spell on the location, ‘we are totally surrounded’ she thought as the result came to her mind.

“Yeah! So you guys should get out of our way!” ordered Rainbow Dash causing the soldiers to narrow their eyes at her.

“My! Please excuse my rude friend, you gentledeer are only doing your job,” interrupted Rarity stepping between the soldiers and Rainbow, ”but we also need to continue on Princess' orders. I’m sure you hear of the Princess's most loyal student, Miss Sunset Shimmer.” she said as pointed at Sunset with a hoof and smiled at the surprised deer.

“Of course the name of the Daylight Sorceress is well known in our kingdom,” said another deer as all those present bowed at Sunset which made her feel a little awkward as she scratched her leg.

“Please stop that,” requested Sunset hitting her embarrassment, “we would like to continue with our mission without any interruptions.”

“That unfortunately would not be possible,” said at commanding voice from a deer bigger than the others, “our king requested from us to not let any creature get near the old alicorns castle or the crystal tree.”

“General Blackthorn, Sir!” saluted the soldiers in panic.

“The crystal tree?” murmured Applejack while looking at Sunset who just nodded in response.

“We need to get to the tree in order to defeat Discord,” explained Sunset as she got closer to General Blackthorn who just kept his cold expression staring at her.

“Very well,” responded Blackthorn as he turned around which brought a smile on the girls’ faces, “but we would need to get the approval of our king in order to accept your request.” causing both Applejack and Rainbow Dash to object angrily, but they stopped as Sunset accepted as long it would take too long after all Discord was free and doing whatever he wanted.


Deep inside the forest was a hidden Kingdom, only known to a few important figures including the leaders of various nations. One of the most ancient allies of Equestria, the Deer Kingdom of Thicket, under the rule of the immortal King Aspen. After the war against Nightmare Moon King Aspen took control of the free land of the now corrupted Everfree to protect his deer from any other force. Celestia agreed to his demands as thanks for fighting with her and the alliance between the two nations took palace, as long both nations never interfered with each other. And with the pass of time many forgot their Kingdom existed in the first place.

Said powerful warrior and respected leader was now looking down at Sunset and her friends, he knew of Sunset and Twilight as per Celestia usual visits and letters. Even Luna returns as he was ready to attack if Celestia fell against her sister. He was secretly also part of Equestria alliance with Hippogriffia and Abyssinia as both nations also knew King Aspen.

Aspen waited for Sunset finished telling the events after Discord escape, ‘To think that
Discord would take care of the two most dangerous first before making Celestia fall that easily’, contemplated King Aspen as he listened, sighing heavily he stopped Sunset to continue with a hoof.

“I understand your situation, pony,” said King Aspen, “We deer will help our Equestrian brothers as we did against the Nightmare before, and against the Gryphons before that,” he explained as he started to get down from the throne and walk near Sunset. He ordered his soldiers to escort the ponies to the tree and to prepare to help Equestria in their time of need, he sent General Blackthorn to Canterlot to help Captain Shining Armor.

When Sunset and the others give their thanks and left King Aspen got to his royal quarters where one of his wife helped him to get his old armor on. “Discord will not stop only at Equestria, he knows of every creature nation and ours. It's time to pay him a long due visit.” he commanded as his armor was being placed on him. Taking a giant axe from the wall he left his quarters and went into the forest followed by his army.


After many setbacks they finally made it to the tree location, the cave was already guarded by many armored deer. When they entered the cave the strong and pure magic power of the tree was easily felt, making them relax, even the uneasy Fluttershy. Just as they hoped the Elements were right on the branches of the tree, using her magic Sunset took the elements the same way her mentor did in the past, but unfortunately only 5 elements were available.

“Of course my element is missing...” said Sunset in anger.

“That beast, he still has the element of magic,” responded Rarity as she observed the necklace on her neck.

“Great, now what do we do?” asked Rainbow Dash

“Try to find any kind of clue,” suggested AppleJack.

“Found it!” announced a super happy Pinkie Pie with a piece of paper with the same mark as the book before. Sunset took the note and read.

Seems you didn't took the wings I took the element,

To retrieve it you must go were the moon once ruled,

But the sun was never able to see.

Love, Discord.

Ps, Celestia says HI!

“You are kidding me!” exclaimed Sunset, burning the note in anger.

“Relax sugarcube, that would be castle of the two sister, right?,” said Applejack placing a hoof over Sunset shoulder.

“No,” responded one of the deer escorting the girls.”Just before the war against the nightmare Princess Luna had a place where she called home.”

“Yeah, he’s right,” continued Sunset, “Twilight told me about it after we freed Princess Luna, the location is now a town where many thestrals live, so we need Moonflower or my sister to help us find it.”

“Great...” responded Rainbow Dash sulking, “one is missing and the other is out of Equestria.”

“But darling, are not the members of Princess Luna’s guard thestrals?” suggested Rarity causing everypony to cheer up, they immediately returned to Canterlot where they could at least find some of the night guard.


Back in Canterlot, Shining Armour was unable to locate the members of the Night Guard as they followed Tempest and Zipzee in search of the location of Discord and the princesses. No getting any other option, the girls went to the archives to find clues meanwhile Sunset went to Twilight’s room to see if any of her books could help.

The next day luck was finally on their side, Sunset found an old map on one of Twilight’s notes with the location of the now lost Moon fortress. Taking a flying carriage they left Canterlot without delays.

When they arrived at the town, they were received by many thestrals wearing homemade armors and weapons. After the news of Discord's escape many towns were preparing for the worst, especially the already discriminated thestrals. Sunset explained to them who they were and what they were looking for, soon Moonflower family were more than happy to help them locate whatever Discord left in their town. After a great amount of work from everypony in town they found the box that contained the elements and inside was the crown with the element of magic. Once they got the elements together again a scroll appeared in a flame, a message from Spike letting them know that Discord appeared in the middle of town soon after an army surrounded the town and requested everypony to evacuate.


In the middle of Ponyville was Discord sitting on his new throne enjoying some chocolate rain water, while playing with the crystal ball containing the Princesses. Surrounding him were the night guard, some hippogriffs under Skystar command and King Aspen personal army. It was obvious that Discord didn't feel intimidated by anybody present, no even seeing King Aspen as he commanded the release of the alicorn princesses.

Everything changed the moment Sunset and her friends arrived with the elements, as he saw the girls getting closer he placed the crystal ball closer to his chest. Giving them an evil smile he snapped his claws disappearing his throne and every soldier that was in town. Only the element bearers and King Aspen remained.

“What do you do to my soldiers Discord?!” demanded King Aspen.

“Oh Aspen deer, I just made this moment more interesting,” responded Discord mocking him, “they should be in Canterlot Plaza really confused by now.”

“We can still kick your butt Discord,” exclaimed Rainbow Dash

“That's right, we got the elements back, now realize the princesses and my sister!” commanded Sunset. Right after all six of them were flowing in the air as Harmony magic started to charge and take control.

“Sunset, Sunset, Sunbutt jr,” said Discord while playing with the crystal ball. “You are not as fun as I thought, you should have taken the wings and gave me my two weeks. Party Popper.” responded sulking at her. “But as long as I have this in my possession you girls cannot shoot your rainbow lasers at me.” as he showed the crystal ball with Celestia and Cadance inside.

King Aspen threw his axe at Discord while he was distracted, but the claw remained flowing in the same position even after being cut, causing Discord to laugh. But he didn't realize Spike was coming from behind and started biting his tail. Due to the shock he threw the crystal ball giving the girls a chance to attack. Discord didn't have a chance to snap his claw as the rainbow beam hit him with all its power. As he started to turn into stone the world around them started to return to normal, including the reappearance of Celestia and Cadance next to a happy Spike. Back in Canterlot, a shocked Luna reappeared in the middle of the hall where the party was helped. Moments later Twilight also appeared inside the hall fixing her saddlebags in a really good mood.


After Discord's defeat everypony was back in Canterlot where Princess Celestia proclaimed Sunset and her friends as national heroes. Every leader of the Equestrian alliance was present including King Aspen. All over Equestria everypony was having a celebration as everything returned to normal. The only missing the party were both night goddesses as they welcomed their children after days missing. As night came and the moon began to watch over everypony Twilight rejoined her friends.

Twilight was really excited talking about all kinds of new plans and counter measures they need to prepare with all the new information she got. She was so into it that she didn't pay attention to the faces and the sentiments of worry from her dear friends. It was until a loud sound was heard that Twilight's mind came to a stop. Moonflower with all her might slapped Twilight's cheek, her eyes were glowing with anger as she did so. Every pony nearby stopped what was doing too.

“Did you have any idea what we went through?! Of how worried we were?!” cried Moonflower confronting an unprepared Twilight. “Your children were terrified of your disappearance! We were terrified by your disappearance! Are you telling us all this time you were just taking it easy, having fun without caring about us?!” Twilight could only blind in response, “This is not the kind of relationship our friendship is founded on Twilight Sparkle, and you HURT US!!” Soon after finishing all four of them disappeared in a powerful teleportation spell leaving a dumbfounded Twilight touching her red cheek as tears started to come out. Nopony said anything as Twilight teleported to their room but nopony was there, as sadness grew in her heart she took the push doll of Discord, disappearing as the shadows of the night comforted her as she cried herself to sleep, leaving the room empty, without seeing the sad expression of the doll that hugged her back.


Far from Canterlot as the Equestria line of defense disappeared, the creatures of the night began to make their move, soon they will have a feast.

Author's Note:

Hi Everypony,
hope you all are okay in these chaotic (but without Discord) times,

Unfortunately it took me to much time to get a part 2 that i was comfortable with.:twilightblush:
with everything that happened this year was really hard to get some motivation to work, also having to remake part 2 three times really complicated things.

But well, part 2 is done. Discord didn't complained about it and I will place some clues during the chapter if you can see what they were, have a cookie.

I will start next chapter and next extra chapter too. Hopefully it will not take 6 months to be ready. (I really hope so)

So please thank you for sticking to the story and waiting all these time.

Thank you all,
Cheers~:twilightsmile:

Comments ( 45 )

Nice work

Discord needs to tone it down

One would think that Twilight would have briefed her soldiers of Discord's return and what to do when it happened. after all, that was what she did for Luna and she wasn't even a friendly. I was under the impression they knew her relationship with Discord, no secrets and all that.

DNC
DNC #4 · Jun 9th, 2020 · · ·

A bit harsh.:pinkiesad2::ajbemused: Its not like she was aloud to chose on what she waned to do.:ajbemused: That was all Discord.:ajbemused: As well Discord is someone she trusted.:pinkiesad2: Of course she wouldn't question how things were going.:duck: She new that he would only go so far be for letting himself be sealed again.:duck::ajbemused:

So what was the point of that Discord?

Comment posted by Jest deleted Jun 10th, 2020

It seems as though my criticsims were unappreciated.

Thats fair. I must admit that despite its problems, I still enjoyed my time reading most of this story. You just need to transition away from the heavy handed narration and to a more show not tell kind of style.

10279249
don't get me wrong, I appreciated your honesty and feedback, it just there are other ways to say it. :twilightsmile:

Nice update. Looking forward to seeing more.

This chapter was really good I am glad it was worth the wait, I feel like twilight definitely deserves to get slapped as she was just strolling around and getting info. But I digress this was a very good chapter and I cant wait for the next one. Keep up the good work

What she said to Twilight made my heart go from big to tiny

Really like it..cant wait for more

This story is really amazing. Binged most of it in a couple of days now I need more.

10277723
I don’t know. I mean, last chapter when Discord made his entrance and gave the slip of paper bearing his various titles to Tempest, she seemed pretty casual for somepony who didn’t have a clue about whom he was. But then again, Moonflower seemed like she didn’t know what was going on to be that scared, right?

Is this inconsistency, or am I just reading this wrong?

10407577
No I think there is some inconsistency here. her friends being angry at her for something very similar to things she's forgiven some of them for. Tempest's casualness later followed by her leading an expeditionary attack. Moonflower's seemingly irrational fear (it should be noted that they were puzzling out Discord's imprisonment even before the met Tempest). Hell the entire fight at the end didn't make sense, especially the actions of Skystar and (the changeling, I'm forgetting her name). Skystar knows that Twilight's worst fear is being alone (or at least suspects) and the changeling should be used to stuff like this. Her own mother left her out to die alone and scared until the night intervened. So yeah, very little of what just happened made any sense except Discord, ironically he was probably the most reasonable and logical thing in this whole chapter.

Thought this was dead, sooo happy to see it’s not :)

I can't wait to read more of this as this is a very interesting premise.

This story is great. The way of talking Twilight adopted is making it even better. I Hope soone there will be more episodes and that discord returns sooner.

This still alive? Just found it again after who knows how long and re-read through it. While it obviously still needs some editing work I was definitely enjoying it. I hope now that we're in 2021 we'll see a new chapter soon.

I enjoyed reading through this fic, Though I do have to agree that them being mad seemed a bit much, even if she didn't tell them about discord ahead of time. Its not as if she had any time to explain what was going on or warn them as it was happening.

Hurry up and update please!

this is a good story or you going to update soon

10873030
Nothing about what I pointed out really had to do with whether Celestia was acting like an adult or not.

is there going to be more

Please update:fluttercry::fluttercry:

Really enjoyed your story. Hope all is well. Looking forward to reading more.

Update?

I really hope this story continues, its one of my favorites I keep re-reading it to stay aware of the events

As others have requested as well, MORE, if you would.

Comment posted by GreatDragonLord deleted Dec 12th, 2021

is this going to be updated

when the story will continue?

just reread it again

Please update your story:fluttercry:

Something completely lost the spark, towards the end of the story. And it's no wonder why it's on pause.

So, does she not tell everyone she's an alicorn cause she has some kinda plan or because she just doesn't want to deal with all the princess duties.
Also why is luna angry with Twilight about the stars thing... the way I see it,
1. Luna is the friend of the stars. (She didn't mourn when 4 stars died to free her... she's a bad friend)
2. Twi/Asteria is the creator/mother of the stars/starbeasts. (Has luna ever met/talked to a starbeast?)
3. The Stars choose who they follow, I doubt twi/Asteria would force them to do anything, I mean she probably could but since they want to she doesn't have to make them.

11461783
It's likely she doesn't reveal herself because she has no interest in the trappings that come with being an alicorn in this universe and she doesn't trust others enough to keep it secret. As for Luna not liking Twilight, remember that in this universe, Luna was the sole controller of the night until Asteria fused souls with Twilight, which to her likely felt like a part of her was stolen from her and the stars having no interest in returning to her due to them loving Twilight angers her even more.

Is there going to be an update any time soon?

Please update:fluttercry:

Comment posted by JJ192 deleted January 14th
Login or register to comment